Case Files Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The General Replay

+5
Aliucon
Tooner-Tastic
ToonBlade
DimitriBarronmore
Sable-Xeno
9 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The General Replay - Page 4 Empty Re: The General Replay

Post by Hiroko Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:04 am

ToonBlade wrote:Toon Link blinks and frowns, giving Ravio an annoyed look. "I've never seen you before in my life."

"Sir, you hurt me! You save my realm and you don't have the courtesy to remember who gave you all your tools."

Strange, he remembers Link being much nicer...and quieter.

"But that--shouldn't be the issue."

ToonBlade wrote:Link looks at the rod, tilting his head and raising an eyebrow. "Uhhh, what is that? Is it made of wood? I was just trying to get wooden sticks, since I can set them on fire, then everyone here can grab one and beat that guy until he stops moving."

He purses his lips a bit, pondering it more. "Hum... how much?"

"Well Link, I don't understand how a rod that creates giant pillars of fire in't enough for you."

The General Replay - Page 4 Ravio_10

To prove his point, Ravio sent a pillar of fire in no discernible direction. Though, being in his little cracked-away space on the rock, the fire disperses the moment it touches the crack that separated him and the fight.

The General Replay - Page 4 Genera14

"600 rupees to rent! But if you want, I can up the price to 2000 to let you rent it with enough sticks for everyone else to have fire for the fight."
Hiroko
Hiroko

Back to top Go down

Post by ToonBlade Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:29 am

Hiroko wrote:"Sir, you hurt me! You save my realm and you don't have the courtesy to remember who gave you all your tools."

Link sighs and throws his arms up. "Sir, I don't know who you are. I think I'd remember a man in purple bunny pajamas!"

Hiroko wrote:"Well Link, I don't understand how a rod that creates giant pillars of fire in't enough for you."

The General Replay - Page 4 Ravio_10

To prove his point, Ravio sent a pillar of fire in no discernible direction. Though, being in his little cracked-away space on the rock, the fire disperses the moment it touches the crack that separated him and the fight.

The General Replay - Page 4 Genera14

"600 rupees to rent! But if you want, I can up the price to 2000 to let you rent it with enough sticks for everyone else to have fire for the fight."

Link closes his eyes and ponders the offer. In his head, one of those cute island pigs from Outset Island can be seen, running inside a little wheel. Processing... processiiiing... got it!

Link's eyes open and he cracks a wide grin. "You've got a deal!!"

The young hero reaches into his inventory and pulls out a rather fat wallet that struggles to contain the rupees inside. Rather than pulling them out and counting, he just dumps the stuff in front of Ravio. Based on colors and sizes, this is easily about 2600 rupees here. Although, many of the gems are in a strange state. Some are grimy, others have soot on them, others old sea algae, and some... is... is that blood?? Where the hell has he gotten these from??
ToonBlade
ToonBlade

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:50 pm

Spoder wrote:The General Replay - Page 4 YTcEen3
Grab on.

Butterscotch looked at the web. Oh, right, the Spider-man thing was making more and more sense as things went along. She reached out to grab it instinctively.

The General Replay - Page 4 Icon3

"If you say so..."

Grab. Wow, it felt sturdier to the touch than she thought. You could swing off of this no matter who you were. Maybe

Wait, swing? Uh oh.

Despite the delay, she'll still be able to grab on for dear life once the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man starts trailing.
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:06 pm

Aliucon wrote:The General Replay - Page 4 Icon3

"If you say so..."

Grab. Wow, it felt sturdier to the touch than she thought. You could swing off of this no matter who you were. Maybe

Wait, swing? Uh oh.

Despite the delay, she'll still be able to grab on for dear life once the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man starts trailing.
*Almost immediately Spider-man shoots out a web with his other hand and leaps forward to begin swinging. The webline Butterscotch is holding onto pulls her into the air behind him. In order to use both hands Spidey ties the webline Butterscotch is holding onto around his waist. Despite just how fast and terrifying it might feel, he definitely is in complete control of how they move, still that'd probably be little comfort to Butterscotch currently dangling from the web being tugged along. They swing in the direction Butterscotch had gestured towards.*
The General Replay - Page 4 Z56ppdA
Sorry about this Butterscotch, but I really can't afford to go slow here, believe me it'd save me a fortune on webbing if we did just walk so I definitely would've otherwise.

ToonBlade wrote:Link closes his eyes and ponders the offer. In his head, one of those cute island pigs from Outset Island can be seen, running inside a little wheel. Processing... processiiiing... got it!

Link's eyes open and he cracks a wide grin. "You've got a deal!!"

The young hero reaches into his inventory and pulls out a rather fat wallet that struggles to contain the rupees inside. Rather than pulling them out and counting, he just dumps the stuff in front of Ravio. Based on colors and sizes, this is easily about 2600 rupees here. Although, many of the gems are in a strange state. Some are grimy, others have soot on them, others old sea algae, and some... is... is that blood?? Where the hell has he gotten these from??
*The sound of that fat wallet seemed to trigger an event. From some random rock a figure seemed to almost materialise and follow a straight line across the map straight towards the young Hero and Rabbit-cosplaying rival.*
The General Replay - Page 4 VhzRmZk
Woah, now hold on there! A smart shopper doesn't just throw their money down in the first place they visit.
The General Replay - Page 4 Mu2lruA
Luckily for you I just happened to be in the area passing by. You want sticks? I've got Tree Branches for those who want a one armed weapon or the longer Sticks for those who want a double handed spear-like one, with a required skill level so low that why, even that baby over there could use them.
The General Replay - Page 4 RHpuFL2
?
*The stranger slyly looks over to Ravio, never one to leave a rival unchallenged before looking back to Link.*
The General Replay - Page 4 SeqRFG4
And it's your lucky day because I'm practically giving them away, Tree Branches are just 2 'rupees' each and the sticks just 5 'rupees', why I can tell a kid like you must recognise a steal when he sees one right?
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:27 pm

The General Replay - Page 4 Icon6

"W-Woooooah!"

She saw it coming just in time to stay grabing, and though things seemed precarious at first, they would be traveling enough of a way for Butterscotch to calm down. She might not have known enough to understand Spider-Man had things entirely in control, but she at least understood the path amongst the trees they were following never got her in threat's way.

Spoder wrote:The General Replay - Page 4 Z56ppdA
Sorry about this Butterscotch, but I really can't afford to go slow here, believe me it'd save me a fortune on webbing if we did just walk so I definitely would've otherwise.

The General Replay - Page 4 Icon5

"I-I-I get it, maybe, I mean- Ahhh! I can't think!! Just keep looking forward, I don't wanna get smacked into a tree!"

At least they were going in the right direction, which she could vaguely confirm, but then... She saw something different.

Reverie wrote:In the middle of the chaos that was taking place, the earth itself began to tremble. The quake was over as quickly as it had started, but had loosened something significant from the rock - the very ground that the majority of people involved in the ongoing battle happened to be standing upon.

The massive chunk of pale stone rose inch by inch upwards, almost like a helium balloon but accelerating at a pace some might find concerning. As it moved further away from the rest of the world, the cosmic heap left a gaping trench open in the middle of the earth; a huge, glowing wound that seemed to go on forever and twist and turn in a hundred different directions. It was the same ghoulish shade of blue-green as the now-exposed underside of the floating island.

And then it stopped and sat where it was, as still in the air as it had been on the ground.

The General Replay - Page 4 Icon8

"What the--? It should be in that direction, but- That whole thing wasn't there before! W-What's going on in this place...?"
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sable-Xeno Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:29 am

Meanwhile, back in the Ruins of the City…a lone man walks the empty streets, a boulevard of broken dreams…

The General Replay - Page 4 I5OFZMy
He sported silver hair done in the style of a ponytail, topped with a colorful bandana, matched with black and blue armor with an intricate design. All of this, topped off with a light blue cape. And this man, oh boy: armed to the fucking teeth. Count ‘em: One Crimson Sword, one Handaxe, one lance, two daggers tied together by rope, one bow, one spellcasting wand, aaaand a shield. An intimidating sight, only paired with the look of determination in his eyes…

The General Replay - Page 4 Iwy04ps
???: (Strange…I thought I heard voices carried on the wind. Were my senses mistaken?…and this bizarre architecture. Not even the empire had buildings this massive…)

Oh well. There’s no way he and the companion he’d been traveling with could be the only ones here…at least, friendly ones. And hey, he always had enough luck to run into someone with a sympathetic heart towards the Rebel Army’s cause.

Let’s just hope that last guy doesn’t turn up dead…

Aliucon wrote:The General Replay - Page 4 Icon8

"What the--? It should be in that direction, but- That whole thing wasn't there before! W-What's going on in this place...?"

Admittedly, Marcus and Vince probably didn’t have to travel too far to eventually catch up with Butterscotch, given the latter’s heading towards their direction, but lo and behold: there she is.

…And also Spiderman.

The General Replay - Page 4 ATLynnN
Marcus: “Yo, is that Spiderman over there?

Being the absolutely friendly creature he is, he waves towards them.

Tooner-Tastic wrote:Chell gives a confused smile to the baby as it laughs, then it shoots a..web from something on her wrist. She nearly jumps, but then looks over to the situation. She blinks and looks back and forth between the weird, strange nature creature and this baby. She looks around. She doesn't have any weapons, but..she has her fists, at least, if need be. The situation is weird, but she might as well make peace with it.
She wants to protect this precious little baby on her companion cube, but it seems she could possibly be more useful in this fight than even herself with that little wrist-tech. So she positions herself incase she needs to fight suddenly, but still gives the spider-babby a chance to shoot some webs.

So while that Fire Sale’s going on in the background, the sounds of shopkeepers and treasures to heard nearby has activated the vested interested of one keen-nosed individual. Emerging from a literal hole in the ground, is…

The General Replay - Page 4 Dvrflj9

A breadbug.

The General Replay - Page 4 XA2k1Qz

The strange creature takes a look around, sniffing the ground, and its attention immediately falls on something that had clearly not been there a moment before, and as the character being Quote Retweeted in this Post might notice:

The General Replay - Page 4 EU69hdt

The…Portal Gun? By some strange means, it managed to also leave the testing facilities by…well, some means. Perhaps whatever dragged Chell from territory, familiar or not, also dragged the gun away from there to here…hopefully it didn’t drag anything else from Aperture Science. That’d be an awkward Multi-dimensional reunion.

The General Replay - Page 4 PZgiJyu

….Speaking of dragging things away-

Back to the action.

“Scott “Will Eventually Take A Look at the First Megaman” Wozniak” wrote:The General Replay - Page 4 ZCPtkvV

"Wait, Robo Ebola isn't supposed to show up until 2027."

The General Replay - Page 4 H5xi6xy
Grovy-Fresh: “Well you’ll be even MORE sick once I knock you back to 199-“

Reverie wrote:which meant...

The General Replay - Page 4 UWdKYcg

Onion Knight dashed into the air at a frightening speed, already closing the distance between him and his target in one swift movement. He moved his whole body as fast as he can, swinging the sharp of his sword intently so as to get one clean, real blow in.

The General Replay - Page 4 KrNh68t

Zantetsuken.

There was that look again.

And a clean strike he would get, as there was no way for Grovy-Fresh to anticipate the lethal blow mid-dive fast enough to dodge. No, he’d have to settle for a block, kicking his Skateboard up in the sword’s path-

The General Replay - Page 4 NXk5fOR

And in that one clean motion, Grovy-Fresh’s skateboard: All his confidence, all of his nasty tricks, all that   U N R E A L   A I R . . .

Cut clean in two. With all the grace of an elephant, Grovy-Fresh fell down, face-planting on the hard rock below, sunglasses clattering to the ground. Reflexively, he jumps back onto his own two feet, and-

DimitriBarronmore wrote:Suddenly blinded by the flashbang-like effect, Scott can only just see a shadowed blur heading in his direction. With no time to think, he simply grabs the closest thing to him and throws it at Grovy-Fresh as hard as he can: his previously dropped copy of FlingSmash.

[Just imagine I found a usable picture of Scott throwing something.]

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Should the copy of FlingSmash connect, the generic flimsy plastic case bursts open on impact and sprays Grovy-Fresh with far more water than you'd expect.

And connect it does, which-

The General Replay - Page 4 F2gBrJs

No. No, Editor. He just gets a little soggy from the opened cardboard. It hardly does anything of note, but it is funny to see just how he reacts to even THAT after all that uncaring ego has fallen. No, once the brief moment of blinding light has passed, everyone can see it on this man’s face: Absolute horror…and also that fucked up, red eye with purple tentacles, now wrathing in terror…bit hard to tell if he’s crying or just sopping wet, honestly. After all, that threat of being burned alive was becoming far more real, especially now that he was picking up on his defeat being used as a sales pitch.

The General Replay - Page 4 TLeP5BJ
Grovy-Fresh: “…N-Now, uh. Broskis. This has been r-rad and all, but…I really s-should be bouncin’ about now. The…the hour of Gex is fast approaching, after all, and I-I’d rather not miss the premiere, y-ya dig? So, uh, I’ll just l-leave this green buzzkill here, and-“

You think you see that tentacles eye of his wriggling about and trying to escape that eye socket, when-

SMACK!

…Grovy-Fresh smacks a hand over that eye, shaking as it grasps at the fiercely. You can see Grovy-Fresh’s other arm come up as well, far more fluidly, trying to pry the other arm off his face…

https://i.imgur.com/oWLju7P.png
Grovy-Fresh: “What? No…how in the H can you..”

The General Replay - Page 4 LV6yqvR
???: (Urrrrrgh….Fresh X! I’m…)

The General Replay - Page 4 CWovOrr
???: (I’m taking you with me!)

As dramatic as all this is, there’s…not really much Connor can do to react to any of this. He kind of just accepted whatever dar and fucked-up transformation happened prior was, well, all in a day’s work, but seeing the other grovyle (one that’s unsettlingly looking more and more familiar to him without being able to place WHY) start to struggle with his own(?) eye like this…? It only gets more confusing when he hears what this man says next:

The General Replay - Page 4 W5852RU
Grovy-Fresh(?): “Broskis…this guy is…Mondo Lame. You have to…s-stop this m-mooch…Prevent the…Rad Future. T-Take us both down…it’s in your hands now…!”

…Connor takes a deep sigh. It’s apparent what’s going here is some parasitic deal, but…hopefully the rest’ll all click when the absurdity washes over…it has to. He turns to Onion Knight. He nods, knowingly. And, with absolutely glowing confidence, he says in the most urgent, tutorialized tone of voice he can:

Connor: “Attack that glowing red eye! That’s that thing’s weak point!”
Sable-Xeno
Sable-Xeno

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiroko Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:43 am

ToonBlade wrote:Link's eyes open and he cracks a wide grin. "You've got a deal!!"

!!!

Dear fucking Lord, he was not gonna ask where he got this moola. Money is money after all.

"Sheerow, mind taking out the appropriate amount--"

Regiwi wrote:
*The sound of that fat wallet seemed to trigger an event.* From some random rock a figure seemed to almost materialise and follow a straight line across the map straight towards the young Hero and Rabbit-cosplaying rival.*
Woah, now hold on there! A smart shopper doesn't just throw their money down in the first place they visit.

"Ma'am--!! That's--!!"

Regiwi wrote:
Luckily for you I just happened to be in the area passing by. And it's your lucky day because I'm practically giving away sticks, Tree Branches are just 2 'rupees' each and the sticks just 5 'rupees', why I can tell a kid like you must recognise a steal when he sees one right?

"Ma'am!! Do not interrupt my friend here like that!!"

He turns to Sheerow again and barks, "Back packet, far back pocket"

Sheerow disappears into the pile and immediately pulls out one of these babies:

The General Replay - Page 4 Boko_c10

"Nice, lightweight and you get to keep these to your heart's content! No need to return the sticks."
Hiroko
Hiroko

Back to top Go down

Post by Tooner-Tastic Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:01 am

Chell watches the shopkeepers talk, unsure of why they're trying to make a small child pay them to use weapons. There's a battle going on, there's no time to make profits!!

Sable_Xeno wrote:The strange creature takes a look around, sniffing the ground, and its attention immediately falls on something that had clearly not been there a moment before, and as the character being Quote Retweeted in this Post might notice:

[insert image of portal gun here because i'm not properly quoting oops]

The…Portal Gun? By some strange means, it managed to also leave the testing facilities by…well, some means. Perhaps whatever dragged Chell from territory, familiar or not, also dragged the gun away from there to here…hopefully it didn’t drag anything else from Aperture Science. That’d be an awkward Multi-dimensional reunion.

Chell blinks to see the Portal Gun. Where did it come from??? Why is it conveniently here all of a sudden????
No matter, it's here now and it could possibly be useful. Her other concern though, is that...bug thing. Why does it look like it has the body of some weird bread????
Whatever, again. Completely ignoring the battle happening, she starts rushing to go and grab it, but still trying to be careful to not unbalance the little baby on her companion cube and have her fall off.
Tooner-Tastic
Tooner-Tastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sable-Xeno Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:09 am

Tooner-Tastic wrote:Chell blinks to see the Portal Gun. Where did it come from??? Why is it conveniently here all of a sudden????
No matter, it's here now and it could possibly be useful. Her other concern though, is that...bug thing. Why does it look like it has the body of some weird bread????
Whatever, again. Completely ignoring the battle happening, she starts rushing to go and grab it, but still trying to be careful to not unbalance the little baby on her companion cube and have her fall off.

Thankfully, grabbing the Portal Gun back from this…weird creature isn’t too hard. You might have to pull against it, though, but for the sake of not letting this bit run for too long…you eventually manage to wrangle it!

Disappointed, but undeterred, the Breadbug is off once again, to find more treasures (or corpses) on the horizon.

The General Replay - Page 4 Zb4Q7pg

Like that one.
Sable-Xeno
Sable-Xeno

Back to top Go down

Post by Tooner-Tastic Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:25 am

Sable-Xeno wrote:
Tooner-Tastic wrote:Chell blinks to see the Portal Gun. Where did it come from??? Why is it conveniently here all of a sudden????

Thankfully, grabbing the Portal Gun back from this…weird creature isn’t too hard. You might have to pull against it, though, but for the sake of not letting this bit run for too long…you eventually manage to wrangle it!

Disappointed, but undeterred, the Breadbug is off once again, to find more treasures (or corpses) on the horizon.

The General Replay - Page 4 Zb4Q7pg

Like that one.

She obtains the Portal Gun! She looks it over, and..yeah, it looks like the one she had. She makes a face as she puts her hand into the gun, ready to take aim. It...wouldn't work though, the portals work only on surfaces in Aperture--

Pff-Fwomp!

Lo and behold, an orange portal appears on the ground nearby. Can't go in, since she hasn't placed the blue one down yet, but...it works!! She grins a bit excitedly. Y'know what, this isn't too bad. The situation is weird, but..the Portal Gun felt very natural for her to have, so having it once more is....nice!
She looks towards the battle. Now she's ready!
Tooner-Tastic
Tooner-Tastic

Back to top Go down

Post by ToonBlade Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:31 am

Regiwi wrote:
*The sound of that fat wallet seemed to trigger an event. From some random rock a figure seemed to almost materialise and follow a straight line across the map straight towards the young Hero and Rabbit-cosplaying rival.*
Luckily for you I just happened to be in the area passing by. You want sticks? I've got Tree Branches for those who want a one armed weapon or the longer Sticks for those who want a double handed spear-like one, with a required skill level so low that why, even that baby over there could use them.
The General Replay - Page 4 RHpuFL2
?
*The stranger slyly looks over to Ravio, never one to leave a rival unchallenged before looking back to Link.*
And it's your lucky day because I'm practically giving them away, Tree Branches are just 2 'rupees' each and the sticks just 5 'rupees', why I can tell a kid like you must recognise a steal when he sees one right?

Link blinks and approaches the stranger and looks at the offered wares. "Huh... I don't know... they seem good, yeah, but lack oomph. That price is good, though. Hum..."

Link stands back, hand on his chin as he ponders the deal. In his head, the little Outset piglet is again doing a full run on his little wheel. A minute pauses, as Link's brain crunches the numbers. Finally, he makes his decision. He will--

Hiroko wrote:Sheerow disappears into the pile and immediately pulls out one of these babies:

"Nice, lightweight and you get to keep these to your heart's content! No need to return the sticks."

The young hero gasps dramatically and instantly takes the weapon. He holds it in his hands, eyes wide and sparkling.

"The light weight, the solid handle, the fat, blunt end...! It's... perfect...!"

He turns to Ravio, a manic grin in his face as he pulls out another fat wallet overflowing with rupees. "I'll take them!!"
ToonBlade
ToonBlade

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverie Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:32 am

Sable-Xeno wrote:The General Replay - Page 4 Iwy04ps
???: (Strange…I thought I heard voices carried on the wind. Were my senses mistaken?…and this bizarre architecture. Not even the empire had buildings this massive…)

Wandering out of the dense greenery that she had been so thoroughly lost in for the last ten minutes or so, Marisa eventually came upon the most extraordinary sight: a stony clearing where the light was more pronounced and whole skyscraper towered as if leaning over the horizon.

It was there she came across a man who for most people would have set off alarm bells by virtue of being armed to the back teeth. In fact, on a good day, perhaps Marisa would have even taken great interest in the young man's portable armoury. Today, however, was not a particularly good day.

The young magician had found that the aspects she was most ordinary in just so happened to be navigating, forests, and navigating through forests. With a tired series of uncomfortable noises, she placed her broom down against a narrow oak and bent over to catch her breath.

Either she hadn't been noticed or the man simply didn't care she was there. Eventually, Marisa stood up looking visibly warm.

The General Replay - Page 4 BvODabA

"Hey, you seen a little blonde lady in a dark witch's outfit come by this way?" she questioned urgently, the guilt on her face probably not too hard to decipher. "Wait, forget that, I just described-."

The General Replay - Page 4 S2cPWVP

"Have you seen a smaller version of me?"

Sable-Xeno wrote:And a clean strike he would get, as there was no way for Grovy-Fresh to anticipate the lethal blow mid-dive fast enough to dodge. No, he’d have to settle for a block, kicking his Skateboard up in the sword’s path-

The General Replay - Page 4 NXk5fOR

And in that one clean motion, Grovy-Fresh’s skateboard: All his confidence, all of his nasty tricks, all that   U N R E A L   A I R . . .

Cut clean in two. With all the grace of an elephant, Grovy-Fresh fell down, face-planting on the hard rock below, sunglasses clattering to the ground.

The General Replay - Page 4 WwD1mG1

"Caught you off-guard, huh?"

Sable-Xeno wrote:The General Replay - Page 4 W5852RU
Grovy-Fresh(?): “Broskis…this guy is…Mondo Lame. You have to…s-stop this m-mooch…Prevent the…Rad Future. T-Take us both down…it’s in your hands now…!”

The General Replay - Page 4 Bt3BuAl

"Now it begins. I won't run away this time."

The Knight returned to his previous stance and awaited the perfect moment for his next strike, remaining on-guard. His brow was furrowed, though it had been so for nearly the whole battle by this point. He didn't so much as take his eyes off Grovy or the thing that was eating him up inside for a second.

A bleak shadow spread across the pale sun on the edge of the world. It screamed and screeched a primal, wretched noise, then dove into something beneath the observable skyline. It was either really far away or really quite small.
Reverie
Reverie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiroko Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:04 am

ToonBlade wrote:He turns to Ravio, a manic grin in his face as he pulls out another fat wallet overflowing with rupees. "I'll take them!!"

“Oh perfect!! Just leave the bag beyond the…crack…over there and I’ll have my little buddy sort through the needed amount.”

Ravio sets his mountain pack down to retrieve enough Boko Sticks to supply everyone.

“Please form a line in an orderly fashion for your sticks!”  

He looks over to the literally filthy sacks of cash and scrunches his nose. There was no way he was going to touch those. He brings his buddy close to himself so that Toon Link doesn’t need to hear, pulling out a handkerchief out of his pocket.

“Can you polish some of the nicer-looking Rupees while you count, buddy?” He whispers.
Hiroko
Hiroko

Back to top Go down

Post by DimitriBarronmore Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:05 am

Sable-Xeno wrote:The General Replay - Page 4 ATLynnN

The General Replay - Page 4 XpUbgVr
Vince: "Yooooooo, I think it is! This is suddenly the best day!"

Vincent waves even harder, almost like he's competing. He's bouncing up and down a bit. It's downright egregious.

Sable-Xeno wrote:

The General Replay - Page 4 TLeP5BJ
Grovy-Fresh: [Injured Parasite Noises]

???: [Unwilling Host Noises]

The General Replay - Page 4 5FLoKze

"...I know I was fearing for my life a minute ago, but this is just sad."

Scott squats down and looks at the bizzare and weirdly pathetic sight going down in front of him, puzzled by the sudden and dramatic change in tone. Based on the clear mental struggle going on, there's one obvious explanation for what's going on here.

The General Replay - Page 4 Aamlo08

"Well, I've seen a few parasitic alien lifeforms in my time. In very real terms I've personally hosted one before. Still am. And this is definitely some kind of alien parasite.

The General Replay - Page 4 5DETces

"Now in my experience the best way to deal with one of these is to hit it with everything it isn't. This thing seems to be obsessed with everything 'radical' and '90s', which means we just have to hit it with something as lame and un-90's as possible."

He pauses for a moment.

"...I might just have an idea."

Scott reaches deep into the pocket on the hoodie he's been wearing this entire time and it hasn't changed at all, and extracts an item he always has on hand just in case the moment might come when he needs it. The lamest game he owns, one even worse than Madden '09.

The General Replay - Page 4 Irm6IP4

"Well, this is the least radical thing I can think of, so it's worth a shot. In case you guys weren't aware..."

The General Replay - Page 4 EOasDJe

"This game blows!"

Scott violently spikes his copy of Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash into Grovy-Fresh(?)'s face.

Last edited by DimitriBarronmore on Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:07 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : made images a bit bigger also one of them got squished)
DimitriBarronmore
DimitriBarronmore

https://dimitri-barronmore.carrd.co/

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:03 pm

Aliucon wrote:The General Replay - Page 4 Icon8

*Spidey reaches their destination, he shoots a small web hammock and makes sure Butterscotch lands in it before landing himself.*
The General Replay - Page 4 OwCAGNk
Oh boy... is this a Magneto thing? Really not in the mood for Magneto today...
DimitriBarronmore wrote:
Sable-Xeno wrote:The General Replay - Page 4 ATLynnN

The General Replay - Page 4 XpUbgVr
Vince: "Yooooooo, I think it is! This is suddenly the best day!"

Vincent waves even harder, almost like he's competing. He's bouncing up and down a bit. It's downright egregious.
*He then looks at the strange creatures waving at him.*
The General Replay - Page 4 9k0Tt6e
...Ok that's not something I've ever seen back home...
The General Replay - Page 4 MwrIT36
Someone pleased to see me?
The General Replay - Page 4 64EhmkR
Listen I'd love to give autographs but first there's something I need to ask, you seen a baby around here? Red hair, little wristbands, crawls around a lot, and I mean a LOT.
Sable-Xeno wrote:You think you see that tentacles eye of his wriggling about and trying to escape that eye socket, when-

SMACK!

…Grovy-Fresh smacks a hand over that eye, shaking as it grasps at the fiercely. You can see Grovy-Fresh’s other arm come up as well, far more fluidly, trying to pry the other arm off his face…

The General Replay - Page 4 OWLju7P
Grovy-Fresh: “What? No…how in the H can you..”

The General Replay - Page 4 LV6yqvR
???: (Urrrrrgh….Fresh X! I’m…)

???: (I’m taking you with me!)

As dramatic as all this is, there’s…not really much Connor can do to react to any of this. He kind of just accepted whatever dar and fucked-up transformation happened prior was, well, all in a day’s work, but seeing the other grovyle (one that’s unsettlingly looking more and more familiar to him without being able to place WHY) start to struggle with his own(?) eye like this…? It only gets more confusing when he hears what this man says next:

The General Replay - Page 4 W5852RU

…Connor takes a deep sigh. It’s apparent what’s going here is some parasitic deal, but…hopefully the rest’ll all click when the absurdity washes over…it has to. He turns to Onion Knight. He nods, knowingly. And, with absolutely glowing confidence, he says in the most urgent, tutorialized tone of voice he can:

Connor: “Attack that glowing red eye! That’s that thing’s weak point!”
*Ready for a battle before, the sight is pretty unsettling for Mayday, she's seen some odd things when swinging around the city with her Father but this is a bit more than she's used to and she freezes up somewhat.*
The General Replay - Page 4 1ZJFFlU
Tooner-Tastic wrote:She obtains the Portal Gun! She looks it over, and..yeah, it looks like the one she had. She makes a face as she puts her hand into the gun, ready to take aim. It...wouldn't work though, the portals work only on surfaces in Aperture--

Pff-Fwomp!

Lo and behold, an orange portal appears on the ground nearby. Can't go in, since she hasn't placed the blue one down yet, but...it works!! She grins a bit excitedly. Y'know what, this isn't too bad. The situation is weird, but..the Portal Gun felt very natural for her to have, so having it once more is....nice!
She looks towards the battle. Now she's ready!
*Her attention now brought to the pretty portal, Mayday snaps out of her fear for a little. Curious she shoots a webline at the portal which seemingly just disappears through it.*
The General Replay - Page 4 OxMG2Lr
ToonBlade wrote:Link blinks and approaches the stranger and looks at the offered wares. "Huh... I don't know... they seem good, yeah, but lack oomph. That price is good, though. Hum..."

Link stands back, hand on his chin as he ponders the deal. In his head, the little Outset piglet is again doing a full run on his little wheel. A minute pauses, as Link's brain crunches the numbers. Finally, he makes his decision. He will--
You want something more flashy? I have plenty of othe-
ToonBlade wrote:
Hiroko wrote:Sheerow disappears into the pile and immediately pulls out one of these babies:

The young hero gasps dramatically and instantly takes the weapon. He holds it in his hands, eyes wide and sparkling.

"The light weight, the solid handle, the fat, blunt end...! It's... perfect...!"

He turns to Ravio, a manic grin in his face as he pulls out another fat wallet overflowing with rupees. "I'll take them!!"
The General Replay - Page 4 L9A3S79
Aw Pegasus dung!

*Anna suddenly pops up behind Ravio.*
You're a crafty one huh? Granted it seems like this kid'll buy anything, still I must commend good salesmanship when I see it, can't underestimate the competition afterall.
That bird sure looks handy too.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Meanwhile, the lone figure stands looking over the city, his hands on an old rusty railing. Lost in thoughts all alone.*
Then, in the sky above. wrote:A bleak shadow spread across the pale sun on the edge of the world. It screamed and screeched a primal, wretched noise, then dove into something beneath the observable skyline. It was either really far away or really quite small.
*The figure looked up and noticed the bizarre sight. He was unsettled to say the least. Turning, he grabbed onto a nearby rusty old hand railing and made his way down a metal staircase to the street below.*
Reverie wrote:
Sable-Xeno wrote:The General Replay - Page 4 Iwy04ps

Wandering out of the dense greenery that she had been so thoroughly lost in for the last ten minutes or so, Marisa eventually came upon the most extraordinary sight: a stony clearing where the light was more pronounced and whole skyscraper towered as if leaning over the horizon.

It was there she came across a man who for most people would have set off alarm bells by virtue of being armed to the back teeth. In fact, on a good day, perhaps Marisa would have even taken great interest in the young man's portable armoury. Today, however, was not a particularly good day.

The young magician had found that the aspects she was most ordinary in just so happened to be navigating, forests, and navigating through forests. With a tired series of uncomfortable noises, she placed her broom down against a narrow oak and bent over to catch her breath.

Either she hadn't been noticed or the man simply didn't care she was there. Eventually, Marisa stood up looking visibly warm.

"Hey, you seen a little blonde lady in a dark witch's outfit come by this way?" she questioned urgently, the guilt on her face probably not too hard to decipher. "Wait, forget that, I just described-."

*The figure looks at the street ahead, although he's perhaps not immediately noticable to the two, the Doctor sees Firion and Marisa quite clearly, the first people it seems he's seen for a long time, he mutters under his breath to himself.*
The General Replay - Page 4 ZNmAquf
...It's happening again...
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiroko Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:18 am

Regiwi wrote:
Aw Pegasus dung!

*Anna suddenly pops up behind Ravio.*

This obviously startles Ravio. He jumps back a bit, very used to reacting against monsters and not pretty, pretty shopkeepers.

The General Replay - Page 4 Surpri10

"Ma'am--!! How did you do that?!"

Regiwi wrote:
You're a crafty one huh? Granted it seems like this kid'll buy anything, still I must commend good salesmanship when I see it, can't underestimate the competition afterall.

Ravio's a bit stunned by what Anna has to say. Granted, not many people have had the chance to live in a Link's house to have an understanding that the even the sea-faring oinkers-for-brains would pay any exorbitant price for good weapons. But...maybe her not knowing would make him seem cooler and more experienced.

"Well ma'am. I don't know about rivalry or salesmanship, but I have gained a bit of customer-based understanding in my--admittedly short--retirement. I just know Link well enough."

Regiwi wrote:
That bird sure looks handy too.

He turns to his companion at that. Still cleaning the filthy money that Toon Link didn't bother to take care of. Even without opposable thumbs (or appendages for that matter) they were doing a lovely, diligent job. Where would he be without his little buddy?

The General Replay - Page 4 Genera15

"They're not for sale, Lady. And even if you did manage to buy them, they have a way of finding their way back to where they wanna be."

He states that's surprisingly succinct and matter-of-fact, like he's been asked that a million times as he lines up Toon Link's recently purchased Book Sticks in a neat and orderly fashion. Anyone in need of a stick could just pick them up right at The Shopkeeper's Crack.

Last edited by Hiroko on Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hiroko
Hiroko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sable-Xeno Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:19 am

Reverie wrote:The General Replay - Page 4 BvODabA

…Huh. Curious. Our newcomer didn’t quite know what to make of Marisa in the first place. To be honest, she looked like someone straight out of Mysidia…well, almost. Really, it was more the ‘magic vibes’ than clothes, since she hardly wore any kind of concealing cloth…

The General Replay - Page 4 RzOoLX6
???: “I…don’t believe I have? I’ve seen a number of people around here, but none that look like witches. Though, I do not mean that as an insult to your appearance.”

Damn, had to mentally catch himself there. Is that something that’d be hurtful to say? He’s not even sure, himself…wait. Yeah, it takes him a second, but if this person is looking for someone-

???: “What odds though, that you ask. I’m also curious if you’ve seen someone, as well. A small, green reptile, with a red belly and leaves growing out from his arms and head. Also carries around a small, brown bag…”

Regiwi wrote:The General Replay - Page 4 64EhmkR
Listen I'd love to give autographs but first there's something I need to ask, you seen a baby around here? Red hair, little wristbands, crawls around a lot, and I mean a LOT.

The Zoroark put a paw to his chin, briefly considering how outlandish the request would be coming from Spiderman…and then remembering, no, he’s seen weirder today, and Spiderman’s probably seen WAY wierder, too.

The General Replay - Page 4 TucOgc6
Marcus: “A…a baby? Like, a small, infantile…well, no, can’t say I’ve seen any around here…”

….Ah, and it takes a moment for Marcus to notice Butterscotch is here, too. The whole shock of seeing Spiderman up-close kind of overwrote that fact a little in his head. Turning towards her to speak, clearing his throat…

The General Replay - Page 4 FStIyb6
Marcus: “…You doing alright, Butterscotch? I’m sorry, I, ah…well, I’m just sorry about you having to hear all of that mean stuff. Maybe I…well, no, I should’ve stuck up for you a little more back there.”

Hiroko wrote:The General Replay - Page 4 Genera15

"He's not for sale, Lady. And even if you did manage to buy them, they have a way of finding their way back to where they wanna be."

He states that's surprisingly succinct and matter-of-fact, like he's been asked that a million times as he lines up Toon Link's recently purchased Book Sticks in a neat and orderly fashion. Anyone in need of a stick could just pick them up right at The Shopkeeper's Crack.

Connor’s still deep in thought trying to piece this weird narrative in his head of what the fuck’s going on with Grovy-Fresh(?) over here, but…he may as well get himself a fat, blunt stick himself…unfortunately, he didn’t even consider the humour of Toon Link saying as much. Ah, if only Marcus were still here…

DimitriBarronmore wrote:The General Replay - Page 4 RSItNxq

"This game blows!"

Scott violently spikes his copy of Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash into Grovy-Fresh(?)'s face.

The General Replay - Page 4 GM38lDS
Grovy-Fresh: “N-no….!! Not…Chibi…Robo…that game…blows…!”

Something this apparent unwilling host hadn’t even considered…something with such a powerful energy of 2010’s suckage, the perfect counter to his power…this wasn’t just an exorcise, this was a downright Aural Smackdown! The writhing, one-eyed creature was ejected from the now weak, sickly-looking green reptile, who’s 90’s trending clothes vanishing into the ether and only leaving behind a small, brown leather bag. And our said parasite? Flopped on the ground, seemingly too weakened to move.

The General Replay - Page 4 TSMSFNS
Fresh-X
- Height: 0’08”
- Born: ???
- Job Description: 90’s Parasite
- Turns out the Internet Safety Instructional Video was an Analog Horror.
- It is still lost media.

Fresh-X: “Mondo…lame…”

While all this has been going on, Connor’s been digging into his pockets for a convenient-enough source of fire- his lighter- and after leaving it to Ravio’s Stick pile for some easy-enough passing around, he’s jumped right on top of the purple Parasite, foot on at least 2 of those tentacles, pinning it down.

The General Replay - Page 4 QWMuPLJ
Connor: “…Right, then. Any last words?”

Fresh-X: “…Just one.”

The General Replay - Page 4 F1DLY2Q
Fresh-X: “Booyah!

The General Replay - Page 4 7kLVGVV
Connor: “Wh-“

Seemingly being the keyword, there.

With one, final burst of strength- all that the Parasite has left within it- it grips the rest of its tentacles tightly around Connor’s foot, causing him to lose balance as it desperately scrambles up his leg to reach his face!
Sable-Xeno
Sable-Xeno

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:06 am

Thanks to the little hammock that Spider-Man provided, she was safe and stable whilst hanging off of a tree branch. They finally reached figures which seemed familiar- although a look around revealed that a few more people were missing from the immediate surroundings, Marisa included.

Since the conversation engaged Spider-Man, hearing her name took her by surprise. She poked out her head to look down at Marcus.

Sable-Xeno wrote:The General Replay - Page 4 FStIyb6
“…You doing alright, Butterscotch? I’m sorry, I, ah…well, I’m just sorry about you having to hear all of that mean stuff. Maybe I…well, no, I should’ve stuck up for you a little more back there.”

The General Replay - Page 4 Icon8

"Huh...? ... Uh..."

Oh, someone apologized. Or was it more like they felt they could be nicer to her, and were sorry they weren't?
This was awkward.

That hadn't happened in a couple of years. Even after she kept that spell that would make her look slimmer and cooler. Or after she started making candies for people, since hers weren't exactly baked.

The General Replay - Page 4 Icon1

"Ah, don't be sorry, it's-- I-It's not like anyone has to defend me, even if I--"

She stopped herself, feeling as if taking it thusly was wrong, somehow. In her panic, she stumbled over her words and tried to take it in what she considered to be a more "dignified" way, to make it look less like she was desperate for friendship.
Unfortunately, this way may or may seem to be much more obnoxious than the previous one, depending on one's view.

The General Replay - Page 4 Icon2

"W-Wait, I see now! You realized the purity of my maiden's heart, and how unfair the whole situation was to me! Well, don't worry, your apology is graciously accepted. You must really want to be friends with me now, right? I certainly wouldn't be opposed to it-"

Yeah, definitely not desperate.

The General Replay - Page 4 Icon9

"... That said, the group seems smaller than I remember. Did everyone go their own way?"
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverie Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:24 am

Sable-Xeno wrote:The General Replay - Page 4 RzOoLX6
???: “I…don’t believe I have? I’ve seen a number of people around here, but none that look like witches. Though, I do not mean that as an insult to your appearance.”

Damn," Marisa swore, "Alright, well thanks any-"

The General Replay - Page 4 Upvq8Os

"Wait, what? An insult..?"

The General Replay - Page 4 GQJLhrh

"N-Never mind, I don't have time."

Sable-Xeno wrote:???: “What odds though, that you ask. I’m also curious if you’ve seen someone, as well. A small, green reptile, with a red belly and leaves growing out from his arms and head. Also carries around a small, brown bag…”

Marisa crossed her arms and began to think back, making a face one would make when chewing something really tough. She felt uncharaceristically helpful. Maybe she simply didn't have the time or energy to waste on being obstructive just then.

"A bag? Whaddaya mean? What kinda bag? I have seen some scaly reptile thing... I reckon there were some leaves involved too, but I dunno about the rest of that stuff. Maybe it can can help you, though. I'm on my way back now anyway, so if you want to come with, it's no skin off my back."

Sable-Xeno wrote:Something this apparent unwilling host hadn’t even considered…something with such a powerful energy of 2010’s suckage, the perfect counter to his power…this wasn’t just an exorcise, this was a downright Aural Smackdown! The writhing, one-eyed creature was ejected from the now weak, sickly-looking green reptile, who’s 90’s trending clothes vanishing into the ether and only leaving behind a small, brown leather bag. And our said parasite? Flopped on the ground, seemingly too weakened to move.

The General Replay - Page 4 3J4ryJk

"Nice!"

The General Replay - Page 4 AbQ3vRM

"Oh, it was... that guy. What was his name again?"

Sable-Xeno wrote:With one, final burst of strength- all that the Parasite has left within it- it grips the rest of its tentacles tightly around Connor’s foot, causing him to lose balance as it desperately scrambles up his leg to reach his face!

The Onion Knight had been watching very carefully, but it was already too late. His hand shot to somewhere behind him, but the boy did a double take as he realised there was nothing there. He didn't have his bow equipped and any kind of melee or magic attack would be too slow.

Within seconds, the parasite had made its way to its next potential host and was so close to Connor's skin (did he have skin?) that it was already virtually impossible to separate them by conventional means. If he wouldn't be the parasite's host, he'd be its hostage.

Carefully, Onion Knight turned his head towards something unusual that he had only been processing in the background. His eyes went first to the round hole in reality behind him, then the odd contraption in Chell's hands, and finally Chell herself. The cogs in the young man's head clicked and whirred until finally he figured out what he was looking at and his eyes lit up.

He gave the woman with the rather tattered appearance a stern look to get her attention and made a slight nod towards her portal gun, and then another conspiratorial gesture towards Connor and his new friend.

Last edited by Reverie on Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Reverie
Reverie

Back to top Go down

Post by DimitriBarronmore Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:31 am

Regiwi wrote:Listen I'd love to give autographs but first there's something I need to ask, you seen a baby around here? Red hair, little wristbands, crawls around a lot, and I mean a LOT.
Sable-Xeno wrote:The Zoroark put a paw to his chin, briefly considering how outlandish the request would be coming from Spiderman…and then remembering, no, he’s seen weirder today, and Spiderman’s probably seen WAY wierder, too.

Marcus: “A…a baby? Like, a small, infantile…well, no, can’t say I’ve seen any around here…”

The General Replay - Page 4 XLJcVo6
Vince: "...no, I don't remember any human babies either. Or non-human ones for that matter."

Sable-Xeno wrote:….Ah, and it takes a moment for Marcus to notice Butterscotch is here, too. Turning towards her to speak, clearing his throat…

...Well, he might as well leave them to that conversation. Seeing as those two are a bit occupied, Vincent takes the opportunity to hop on up a bit closer to Spidey.

The General Replay - Page 4 LGTWeKJ
Vince: "Hey, big fan man. You're a real inspiration. I've got mad respect for anyone who's all about responsibility and sacrificing for the right thing."

Vince: "...Though that kinda makes me feel bad for nerding out while you're missing a kid. They yours, or...?"

Sable-Xeno wrote:The General Replay - Page 4 GM38lDS
Grovy-Fresh: “N-no….!! Not…Chibi…Robo…that game…blows…!”

Something this apparent unwilling host hadn’t even considered…something with such a powerful energy of 2010’s suckage, the perfect counter to his power…this wasn’t just an exorcise, this was a downright Aural Smackdown! The writhing, one-eyed creature was ejected from the now weak, sickly-looking green reptile, who’s 90’s trending clothes vanishing into the ether and only leaving behind a small, brown leather bag. And our said parasite? Flopped on the ground, seemingly too weakened to move.

Fresh-X: “Mondo…lame…”

The General Replay - Page 4 ZXxIqVC

"Nice, I knew keeping a copy of that game un-flushed would come in handy one day."

Sable-Xeno wrote:The General Replay - Page 4 QWMuPLJ
Connor: “This is totally going to look like I'm the main character in an action movie.”

The General Replay - Page 4 F1DLY2Q
Fresh-X: “Bet!

Connor: “How could I have seen this coming?!“

Scott stumbles backwards and trips in sudden fear, nearly going right off the edge of the floating island in his haste to get away from the freshly ferocious parasite before it can start going for his eyes too. He'd look terrible in those glasses!

The General Replay - Page 4 QQbvaCW

"OH SWEET [CENSORED], KILL IT!"
DimitriBarronmore
DimitriBarronmore

https://dimitri-barronmore.carrd.co/

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverie Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:47 am

The pale sun was blotted out once more, albeit this time much more thoroughly. A pair of shadows danced fiercely, silhouetted against the fresh glow of the day like moths fluttering around a dim bulb. A pair of complementary noises rang out and pushed against one another violently.

Then the chaos of the tumble fell down across the edge of the world again and silence retook the landscape.
Reverie
Reverie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tooner-Tastic Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:10 am

Chell watches as this weird...parasite thing forms and goes for the weird green bean creature's feet. She frowns and steps back a bit...

Reverie wrote:Carefully, Onion Knight turned his head towards something unusual that he had only been processing in the background. His eyes went first to the round hole in reality behind him, then the odd contraption in Chell's hands, and finally Chell herself. The cogs in the young man's head clicked and whirred until finally he figured out what he was looking at and his eyes lit up.

He gave the woman with the rather tattered appearance a stern look to her attention and made a slight nod towards her portal gun, and then another conspiratorial gesture towards Connor and his new friend.

She sees his glance, nodding a bit. She looks at the young baby still there on her companion cube and pauses. She looks around, then quickly straps off the companion cube and sets it down gently with the little spider-child on it. She raises one finger, motioning for her stay right there. She then backs off a bit, looking around...Nothing good. She then looks out towards the edge of this island. Alright...here's goes nothing.
She takes a running start and then turns back to face the group as she jumps off the floating island! She then takes aim, and...

Pff-Fwomp!
An orange portal appears under Connor and the parasite, then Chell takes aim once more at another spot...

Fweoup!
A blue portal then appears on the more rocky side of the island, onto one of the higher edges, letting Connor and that parasite attached to him fall through the portal underneath him and flying out the blue portal!
With that, Chell now falls, turning to face towards the ground and watching as she waits to get closer to the ground..
Tooner-Tastic
Tooner-Tastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sable-Xeno Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:34 am

Tooner-Tastic wrote:Pff-Fwomp!
An orange portal appears under Connor and the parasite, then Chell takes aim once more at another spot...

Fweoup!
A blue portal then appears on the more rocky side of the island, onto one of the higher edges, letting Connor and that parasite attached to him fall through the portal underneath him and flying out the blue portal!
With that, Chell now falls, turning to face towards the ground and watching as she waits to get closer to the ground..

Seems to be enough of a success, Connor falling through the portal, and

Oh

Oh dear

Oh he’s just falling off the island now. And…shit, this bugger’s got more strength than he…thought? The grip is still tight, managing to scramble up to his thigh, chest, slower as it reaches that neck…but after a few seconds, it starts being pulled up. And up. And up-

Connor is hardly processing any of this. His life is flashing before his eyes. Memories of his parents, training with his father on those Summer days outside…all of the arrests, the memories of him being sent to prison…escaping with his partner overseas, the Kraken that attacked their ride…all those years spent alone in Vespuccia…the journeys through that Ancient Library, the Abandoned Village, the Gilded Castle, the Lake of Sorrow…and then, those weeks in Peregrine. Meeting Marcus, reuniting with Nester, and-

A few days ago.

Connor wrote:The day I learned I was haunted.

Haunted by spirits that could control my every move while I slept. Spirits that guided me, made sure I was out of harm’s way.

They’d been there since that escape, 3 Years ago. When I found this magical Item…an item built to keep the lid on a bunch of those spirits. A ball of spirits, all whom acted on the desire to become one:

Legion.

A threat I considered secondary to that man who took my Country’s Throne, but…if I live, that’s a story for another day. No…this is about the other day.

Someone I was working for, Maren, who worked at the City’s Mage Guild, had taken note of the fact that Nester and I…were especially tired lately, for reasons that were hard to discern. At her request, and our agreement, we allowed her to pry into our dreams, to try and understand the root cause. And the cause she managed to root: we had each been harboring 2 spirits that were attached to Legion. I had Helen. A healer of great renown, who now lives in complete sorrow…and Angela, one of the great heroes who sealed away Legion, a fraction of her ripped from her own body, Spirit sans personality now dwelling in my own. Nester had Puck, a man of faith, who’s god had been devoured…and Castor.

Fuckin’.

Bitch-ass motherfucker Castor.

Absolute fucker.

…Each spirit manifested powers in us, perhaps to aid in our survival…or because if we died, they had nowhere to go anymore. And Angela…she bore powers that belonged to my father, Santiago, and my bloodline. A technique I never learned before he was taken from me…one I thought belonged to my family, but apparently belonged to her all along.

The Border of Life.

A barrier of spring petals that dance around the body like an impervious shield, that only arises in times of great peril…indeed, when it’s life or death. Those moments, where our spirits truly shine…

…Hard to say what it’d to something that’s already hugging him close, or if it protects from a painful fall, but no time like the present to find out!

The General Replay - Page 4 8CLku2w
Connor: (Helen, Angela. I’ve got some bad news. Unless you do something now…we’re probably gonna die. So please…give me your strength!)

The grovyle focuses, as hard as he can, to summon that shield. Stretching his arms out wide, feeling the strength of the wind carrying him, he-

-materializes an axe in his hand.

The General Replay - Page 4 DVijfCv
Connor: “…”

The General Replay - Page 4 IU8V5Zj
Castor: (Connor. I’ve got some worse news.)

Connor: “NO!

The General Replay - Page 4 WhlKyrH
Edgar “Castor’ Winniheld
- Height: ???
- Born: ???
- Job Description: Warmaster
- Thinks violence is always the answer.
- 2 + 2? violence.

The General Replay - Page 4 Hei9rRs
Castor: (You’re probably gonna die.)

The General Replay - Page 4 TpKuheA
Connor: “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Last edited by Sable-Xeno on Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:55 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Castor :))
Sable-Xeno
Sable-Xeno

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:07 pm

Reverie wrote:
Sable-Xeno wrote:???: “What odds though, that you ask. I’m also curious if you’ve seen someone, as well. A small, green reptile, with a red belly and leaves growing out from his arms and head. Also carries around a small, brown bag…”

Marisa crossed her arms and began to think back, making a face one would make when chewing something really tough. She felt uncharaceristically helpful. Maybe she simply didn't have the time or energy to waste on being obstructive just then.

"A bag? Whaddaya mean? What kinda bag? I have seen some scaly reptile thing... I reckon there were some leaves involved too, but I dunno about the rest of that stuff. Maybe it can can help you, though. I'm on my way back now anyway, so if you want to come with, it's no skin off my back."
*The Doctor had been waiting and was glad the two seemed too involved in their own conversation to notice him. He turns and quietly starts walking away from the scene, definitely intending not to get involved with either of them as he makes his way towards a nearby Blue Box.*
The General Replay - Page 4 LYrjU6a
Reverie wrote:The pale sun was blotted out once more, albeit this time much more thoroughly. A pair of shadows danced fiercely, silhouetted against the fresh glow of the day like moths fluttering around a dim bulb. A pair of complementary noises rang out and pushed against one another violently.

Then the chaos of the tumble fell down across the edge of the world again and silence retook the landscape.
*Being keenly aware of everything nearby as he tries to sneak away, the Doctor sees these strange shadows once again against the pale sun.*
The General Replay - Page 4 NKsdc2R
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hiroko wrote:The General Replay - Page 4 Genera15

"He's not for sale, Lady. And even if you did manage to buy them, they have a way of finding their way back to where they wanna be."

Well that's a pity.

*She barely seems to take notice of the battle going on, almost as if she's used to doing business in the middle of a battlefield.*
The General Replay - Page 4 WWionZV
Anyway, I guess if we're done talking shop for now I should ask, what kind of Outrealm is this anyway?
DimitriBarronmore wrote:
Sable-Xeno wrote:The Zoroark put a paw to his chin, briefly considering how outlandish the request would be coming from Spiderman…and then remembering, no, he’s seen weirder today, and Spiderman’s probably seen WAY wierder, too.

Vince: "...no, I don't remember any human babies either. Or non-human ones for that matter."

The General Replay - Page 4 LGTWeKJ
Vince: "Hey, big fan man. You're a real inspiration. I've got mad respect for anyone who's all about responsibility and sacrificing for the right thing."

Vince: "...Though that kinda makes me feel bad for nerding out while you're missing a kid. They yours, or...?"
The General Replay - Page 4 Ed8QHCo
Oh, er I see...
(How do they know about me being about responsibility and sacrifice? This is all getting stranger and stranger...)
The General Replay - Page 4 64EhmkR
My baby? Oh, n-no, I was just er, I'd just saved her when somehow I ended up here, so I thought she must have ended up here too and, of course I can't just leave a defenceless baby here.
(Well this definitely seems like another planet at least but, I really should be careful, for all I know all this insanity could be Mysterio's illusions in order to get me to drop my guard...)

*He looks up towards the floating giant rock again.*
The General Replay - Page 4 9k0Tt6e
So... what exactly is happening here?
Tooner-Tastic wrote:Chell watches as this weird...parasite thing forms and goes for the weird green bean creature's feet. She frowns and steps back a bit...

She sees his glance, nodding a bit. She looks at the young baby still there on her companion cube and pauses. She looks around, then quickly straps off the companion cube and sets it down gently with the little spider-child on it. She raises one finger, motioning for her stay right there. She then backs off a bit, looking around...Nothing good. She then looks out towards the edge of this island. Alright...here's goes nothing.
She takes a running start and then turns back to face the group as she jumps off the floating island! She then takes aim, and...

Pff-Fwomp!

Fweoup!

Sable-Xeno wrote:

Seems to be enough of a success, Connor tumbling through the portal and falling out on a higher part of the rocky outcropping. A motion which throws him off just a bit more off-balance, though it’s a benefit that it throws the Parasite off, too. Albeit…briefly. Desperately, furiously, Connor tries digging into his bag for anything that might help, pulling out the first thing he can to whack that parasite off-

-smush.

…Yeah, maybe an Oran Berry wasn’t the most helpful thing to do that with. Anyways, it’s started climbing up his chest, now-
*Being told to wait there Mayday is surprised to watch Chell's next action with the portal. She wishes she'd have hung on to her to help but now all she had left with her was the cube. She looked around the area at everything going on before she notices, amongst those figures down below the floating rock she's on, there's something red and blue.*
The General Replay - Page 4 ZhTdCai
The General Replay - Page 4 QVpmmYl
!
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiroko Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:29 pm

Regiwi wrote:
The General Replay - Page 4 WWionZV
Anyway, I guess if we're done talking shop for now I should ask, what kind of Outrealm is this anyway?

Ravio walks up to his companion and holds them close to pet at them; he decides that they've polished enough rupees for now. He'll find a way to give Toon Link's remaining filthy change back to him when this chaos dies down.

"Honestly, I was wondering if you had some answers. I'm as new here as you are."
Hiroko
Hiroko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next