Case Files Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The General Replay

+5
Aliucon
Tooner-Tastic
ToonBlade
DimitriBarronmore
Sable-Xeno
9 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The General Replay - Page 5 Empty Re: The General Replay

Post by ToonBlade Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:59 am

Link grins, bludgeoning sticks supplied. Finally! At last! Time to--

He turns around and things are entirely different. He blinks and looks around. So glowy circles there, the weird guy on the ground, the other lizard dude with a weird eldritch monster on it, flying in the distance.

"Uhh... what... did I miss??"
ToonBlade
ToonBlade

Back to top Go down

Post by Tooner-Tastic Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:17 am

Chell gets closer and closer to the ground. She looks up to see the creature and the parasite. Thinking quick, she moves to land onto the ground safely. A bit of a longer fall than she's had before, but she's completely fine thanks to her boots. She looks up to watch where this green bean lizard thing is falling, and shoots a blue portal down where he would land seconds before he does, so he just shoots back through the orange portal that made him fall in the first place!

When he falls through, she herself jumps through it and comes back onto the island.

Last edited by Tooner-Tastic on Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tooner-Tastic
Tooner-Tastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sable-Xeno Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:13 am

Reverie wrote:The General Replay - Page 5 BvODabA

"A bag? Whaddaya mean? What kinda bag? I have seen some scaly reptile thing... I reckon there were some leaves involved too, but I dunno about the rest of that stuff. Maybe it can can help you, though. I'm on my way back now anyway, so if you want to come with, it's no skin off my back."

…Close enough. I mean, it’d be pretty weird if there was more than one lizard by that description-

???: “Oh, thank goodness…We were separated not long ago, but through turbulent means, so I was hoping the worst hadn’t come…we should get going now, then. It’s dangerous to be traveling these lands, and I do not know where the forces of Chaos may strike next…I only hope we can find your fellow witch friend soon, before then.

Our local mystery man here was in such a rush to get going on their way, he had barely considered the fact that…he hadn’t even made proper introductions yet! That’d be. Awfully rude…well, they can talk on the way, at least.

The General Replay - Page 5 Iwy04ps
???: “…Wait, that’s right! Sorry, with how abrupt that question was, the thought for introductions slipped my mind…My name is…”

The General Replay - Page 5 VmpldBz
Firion
- Height: 5’09” (probably)
- Born: December 17th
- Job Description: Wild Rose Rebel
- Blood Type: AB
- Weapon Proficiency: Yes.

Firion: “And, if it’s not rude to ask, you are…?”

Aliucon wrote:The General Replay - Page 5 Icon2

"W-Wait, I see now! You realized the purity of my maiden's heart, and how unfair the whole situation was to me! Well, don't worry, your apology is graciously accepted. You must really want to be friends with me now, right? I certainly wouldn't be opposed to it-"

The General Replay - Page 5 N3lsm5c
Marcus: “Yeah, uh. Please don’t push it. I’d like to not regret prioritizing you over-“

Aliucon wrote:The General Replay - Page 5 Icon9

"... That said, the group seems smaller than I remember. Did everyone go their own way?"

The General Replay - Page 5 45xHLTR
Marcus: “Ah, yeah. That. Well. You can see up there, right? Well, everyone else ran up there, before we…”

Sable-Xeno wrote:The General Replay - Page 5 TpKuheA
Connor: “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The General Replay - Page 5 DqzRm2x
Marcus: “We…!”

Immediately, Marcus can feel his adrenaline spike, dashing as fast as he can on all fours to try and catch him, something, ANYTHING-

Connor, himself, is currently operating on pure instinct, absolutely fearful for his life as he swings desperately at this THING barely clinging onto him. If life’s gonna give him lemons, he’s gonna make lemonade, even if it’s a FUCKING AXE. So. WHY NOT. JUST SWING IT AT THIS THING. TRY FLAILING IT OFF. WHATEVER. JUST. FUCK. AAAAAAAAAAAAA-

Thankfully, between surpassing this parasite’s terminal velocity, and whacking this thing with the blunt end of a magically photo-printed axe, it does get flung off!

…That’s the Good News!

The Bad News?

The General Replay - Page 5 QVpmmYl
The trajectory it takes looks to be heading straight towards our local web-slinging Superhero, and FAST.

Tooner-Tastic wrote:Chell gets closer and closer to the ground. She looks up to see the creature and the parasite. Thinking quick, she moves to land onto the ground safely. A bit of a longer fall than she's had before, but she's completely fine thanks to her boots. She looks up to watch where this green bean lizard thing is falling, and shoots a blue portal down where he would land seconds before he does, so he just shoots back through the orange portal that made him fall in the first place!

When he falls through, she herself jumps through it and comes back onto the island. She looks at the portal gun and presses an extra button she's been feeling..and the portals have canceled out. Well..that's handy, at least!

And go through the portal he-

-Well, he still does, but between him falling so fast and Marcus rushing to catch him, well. Marcus comes close!…and then also falls into the portal in the ground at the same time. Can…can they collide mid-flight? Because they kinda have. It stops Connor’s extra falling, at the cost of being thrust against Marcus…rather hard! Both of them tumble out and land on the island in…rather varying states. Marcus, lying down on his side, clutching himself in pain, tears welling up in his eyes…Connor, hyperventilating, eyes darting around him as he instinctively launches back up onto his feet, glaring at…well, really everything and anything, backing up with his leaf swords raised…

The General Replay - Page 5 Y0I0O95
Marcus: “A-a-aah…!”

As for our other, as-yet unidentified newly-unfreshed friend…he still looks to be in extremely poor condition, trying vainly to move from where he is, drifting in and out of consciousness…and grabbing onto ths nearest object he can.

The General Replay - Page 5 MuPFMu7

It very well may be the world’s only hope.
Sable-Xeno
Sable-Xeno

Back to top Go down

Post by ToonBlade Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:09 am

Link blinks, taking in the sights and sounds of the strange battle before him. While he wasn't looking, things went to shit (don't tell Grandma), it seems. And... that lizard guy. The bad one, he seems normal now. But the other one, the one who helped him...!

The young hero's ears twitch. A chill goes up his spine. The sight of the unholy abomination dredges dark memories in his mind, memories of the final battle of his second adventure. Of a fell darkness with one eye taking hold of a friend. Something similar is happening before his very eyes. And he sure as hell (don't tell) is not letting that happen again!

Link grits his teeth and narrows his eyes, his face making a determined snarl. Gone is the look of a gremlin pirate. In it's place there is now the steely look of a hero. He reaches into his bag and pulls two items he thinks might come in handy soon enough: the Deku Leaf and his Hero's Bow.

He bends his knees a bit, preparing to move and help as soon as he can when there's an opening. He watches the whole portal dance performed by Chell, moving about the lizard guy.

Sable-Xeno wrote:Immediately, Marcus can feel his adrenaline spike, dashing as fast as he can on all fours to try and catch him, something, ANYTHING-

Connor, himself, is currently operating on pure instinct, absolutely fearful for his life as he swings desperately at this THING barely clinging onto him. If life’s gonna give him lemons, he’s gonna make lemonade, even if it’s a FUCKING AXE. So. WHY NOT. JUST SWING IT AT THIS THING. TRY FLAILING IT OFF. WHATEVER. JUST. FUCK. AAAAAAAAAAAAA-

Thankfully, between surpassing this parasite’s terminal velocity, and whacking this thing with the blunt end of a magically photo-printed axe, it does get flung off!

…That’s the Good News!

The Bad News?

The trajectory it takes looks to be heading straight towards our local web-slinging Superhero, and FAST.

Link takes a breath and breaks into a sprint, trying to get closer to the... strange blue and red man. Wow, he's gonna be asking questions when this is done.

Anyway, once he thinks he's close enough, with Deku Leaf in hand, he plants his foot firmly on the ground and performs a mighty swing, unleashing a powerful gust of air toward the monster, attempting to knock it off course, away from Spider-man and the other people present.

"Hyaaahh!!"
ToonBlade
ToonBlade

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:07 pm

Hiroko wrote:Ravio walks up to his companion and holds them close to pet at them; he decides that they've polished enough rupees for now. He'll find a way to give Toon Link's remaining filthy change back to him when this chaos dies down.

"Honestly, I was wondering if you had some answers. I'm as new here as you are."
The General Replay - Page 5 Mu2lruA
No idea. Perhaps this is some sort of exp farm Outrealm, oh, or maybe there's a good way of making gold here!
The General Replay - Page 5 WWionZV
Either way, this place doesn't feel like a natural Outrealm... also there's a lot of colourful characters here it seems, it's honestly pretty unusual.
The General Replay - Page 5 VhzRmZk
Y'know... there is something I guess I should ask, my natural merchant instincts told me they were important but what actually are Rupees anyway? I'd assume a form of currency.
Meanwhile... wrote:…That’s the Good News!

The Bad News?

*This sets off Spider-man's Spider-sense, but whilst that would normally make him react, the web-slinger has only one thought on his mind right now, his daughter sat on top of the floating landmass that looks like it's probably not the best place for a baby, even one with superpowers. He immediately leaps and shoots out a webline at the land-mass pulling on it to launch himself into the air oblivious of everything but Mayday looking down at him.*
The General Replay - Page 5 Z56ppdA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The Doctor opens the doors to the TARDIS and enters. Although he had been quiet enough to slip away unnoticed, the TARDIS on the other hand would be a lot louder as it starts disappearing.*
The General Replay - Page 5 LYrjU6a
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverie Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:26 am

Sable-Xeno wrote:???: “Oh, thank goodness…We were separated not long ago, but through turbulent means, so I was hoping the worst hadn’t come…we should get going now, then. It’s dangerous to be traveling these lands, and I do not know where the forces of Chaos may strike next…I only hope we can find your fellow witch friend soon, before then.

The General Replay - Page 5 GQJLhrh

"Yeah, you and me both," Marisa mumbled, letting herself stew for a moment. "She's not a very tough nut to crack. I guarantee your guy'll have better odds."

Sable-Xeno wrote:The General Replay - Page 5 Iwy04ps
???: “…Wait, that’s right! Sorry, with how abrupt that question was, the thought for introductions slipped my mind…My name is...Firion.”

Firion: “And, if it’s not rude to ask, you are…?”

The General Replay - Page 5 RWGjF2o

"Well, Firion. Name's Marisa. As you can probably tell, I'm a witch. I've got a few different things going on, but my main focuses of research right now are energy transduction and mortal senescence."

Regiwi wrote:*The Doctor opens the doors to the TARDIS and enters. Although he had been quiet enough to slip away unnoticed, the TARDIS on the other hand would be a lot louder as it starts disappearing.*

Marisa stopped herself, feeling the slightest breeze back up around her as a noise like a damaged engine called out in the distance behind her. That said, the girl wasn't an expert on engines by any means, so the noise simply sounded like magic.

The General Replay - Page 5 BvODabA

"Is there someone there?" Marisa intoned, turning her head.

Sable-Xeno wrote:Marcus, lying down on his side, clutching himself in pain, tears welling up in his eyes…Connor, hyperventilating, eyes darting around him as he instinctively launches back up onto his feet, glaring at…well, really everything and anything, backing up with his leaf swords raised…

As for our other, as-yet unidentified newly-unfreshed friend…he still looks to be in extremely poor condition, trying vainly to move from where he is, drifting in and out of consciousness…and grabbing onto ths nearest object he can.

The Onion Knight stood at the edge of the floating island, his head sinking firmly into his palm as Marcus held back tears and clutched his injury whilst the missing half of a TMNT tribute act scrambled to get themselves together.

The General Replay - Page 5 AbQ3vRM

"Come on, guys," he breathed. "You can't be serious. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only adult in the room."

ToonBlade wrote:Anyway, once he thinks he's close enough, with Deku Leaf in hand, he plants his foot firmly on the ground and performs a mighty swing, unleashing a powerful gust of air toward the monster, attempting to knock it off course, away from Spider-man and the other people present.

"Hyaaahh!!"

Noticing the parasite had managed to speed off in some other direction, the Knight moved away from the edge of the rock platform and jumped into the air at a rapid pace. Just a little bit closer and he would be in range again.

It was frustrating that he needed a second strike to deal the finishing blow. There would not be a third.

Last edited by Reverie on Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reverie
Reverie

Back to top Go down

Post by DimitriBarronmore Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:21 am

Regiwi wrote:The General Replay - Page 5 64EhmkR
My baby? Oh, n-no, I was just er, I'd just saved her when somehow I ended up here, so I thought she must have ended up here too and, of course I can't just leave a defenceless baby here.
(Well this definitely seems like another planet at least but, I really should be careful, for all I know all this insanity could be Mysterio's illusions in order to get me to drop my guard...)
The General Replay - Page 5 IeYfkGw
Vince: "Right on, that's exactly the kind of stuff I'm talking about."

Regiwi wrote:
*He looks up towards the floating giant rock again.*
The General Replay - Page 5 9k0Tt6e
So... what exactly is happening here?

The General Replay - Page 5 JN9MaAY
Vince: "I'm not sure myself. We heard a scream and a couple of us ran off that way, but before Marcus and I could join the whole area just sort of... Did that. And the two of us can't fly, so..."

Regiwi wrote:
!

The General Replay - Page 5 XLJcVo6
Vince: "...huh?"

Vincent squints at the floating island to try and get a good look at whatever Spidey's staring all concerned-like at, and then a lot of stuff happens all at once. Reacting to a distant scream and a displaced daughter, both Marcus and Spidey rush off at high speed before Vince has a chance to even fully comprehend what's going on, and as the dust clears he's left sitting there, staring at the floating island and a lot of shapes swinging and falling and...disappearing? Jeez. Hopefully that all turns out okay.

The General Replay - Page 5 68jKRw0
Vince: "This is getting exhausting, and I'm barely even involved..."

He lets out a sigh and turns back to Butterscotch, similarly left behind. Assuming, of course, she didn't run off as well while he wasn't looking...

The General Replay - Page 5 LZgDELt

"You know, I'm starting to think I'm not in Ohio anymore."

Last edited by DimitriBarronmore on Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : whoopsie wrong word)
DimitriBarronmore
DimitriBarronmore

https://dimitri-barronmore.carrd.co/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sable-Xeno Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:15 am

Reverie wrote:The General Replay - Page 5 GQJLhrh

"Yeah, you and me both," Marisa mumbled, letting herself stew for a moment. "She's not a very tough nut to crack. I guarantee your guy'll have better odds."

The General Replay - Page 5 RzOoLX6
Firion: “I can only hope…we were both jumped by the forces of Chaos, holding this…strange, purple creature in a jar. I tried to fight back against them, but we were overpowered, and I was knocked out…”

Firion: “Still, if your friend’s out there, and what you say is true…well, the sooner we find her, the better.”

Reverie wrote:The General Replay - Page 5 RWGjF2o

"Well, Firion. Name's Marisa. As you can probably tell, I'm a witch. I've got a few different things going on, but my main focuses of research right now are energy transduction and mortal senescence."

Key Terms…learned? I mean. They sounded important. Is it…is it even worth asking?

Firion: “Well met, Marisa.”

Regiwi wrote:*The Doctor opens the doors to the TARDIS and enters. Although he had been quiet enough to slip away unnoticed, the TARDIS on the other hand would be a lot louder as it starts disappearing.*

Reverie wrote:Marisa stopped herself, feeling the slightest breeze back up around her as a noise like a damaged engine called out in the distance behind her. That said, the girl wasn't an expert on engines by any means, so the noise simply sounded like magic.

While Firion was definitely familiar with the sound of engines from his own homeland, that…well, what can be said about that sound besides the fact that he’s never heard an engine sound like THAT? He also turns his head, visibly confused. Though perhaps, a little ahead of Marisa, he turns his head up.

…Towards. Nothing?

The General Replay - Page 5 OVmmaa9
Firion: “What in Cosmos’ name was that sound…?…”

Reverie wrote:The Onion Knight stood at the edge of the floating island, his head sinking firmly into his palm as Marcus held back tears and clutched his injury whilst the missing half of a TMNT tribute act scrambled to get themselves together.

The General Replay - Page 5 AbQ3vRM

"Come on, guys," he breathed. "You can't be serious. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only adult in the room."

…Marcus, being barely cognizant of the world around him and probably more worried he broke a few ribs from that fall, slowly…nah, he doesn’t have the energy to stand back up yet.

The General Replay - Page 5 RovOGz1
Marcus: “Ow…least…gimme a bit…”

Something Connor notes to himself as the instincts begin to dull, he grows more…aware, as the fight-or-flight settles down.

And then the flood of emotions hits!

Regret at letting himself be open, annoyance at Onion Knight’s stab to his pride, absolute FURY at being sent into a freefall, Sadness that his partner Nester couldn’t be here to do something more sensible, absolute IRRITATION AT CASTOR, some slight gratification that that THING isn’t eating at his leg, sudden dread that he doesn’t know where it went, realization as he traces his eyes to follow Onion Knight’s flight path-

-And as he turned his gaze quickly, back towards the body still lying on the ground…all of those feelings gave way to desperation. He rushes over, everything finally clicking into place…

Connor wrote:It must have been…when I was about 10 years old when I first got into more Western Media. Which…I’ll admit, mostly meant Touhou. Absolutely hyperfixated on that. Still don’t know how to feel about meeting Marisa…or that my family’s special technique was actually called ‘Border of Life’ all along. I thought it was just…Petal Dance. Oh well.

But that manga…that manga changed my life, man. The story of a Grovyle on the run from the Authorities, being wrongly accused by a mysterious Dusknoir, and who eventually discovered that man was working with a cult in order to stop time. I remember telling myself how cool that Grovyle was. How suave he was in any situation, always believing his good deeds would carry on into the future…I aspired to be just like him. And then I decided I would act just like him, after…well, that’s a story for another day.

The point to all this being…I later discovered there was a videogame equivalent to that manga. One that I’m almost convinced I recognize this man from.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky.

The General Replay - Page 5 Y62xVPd
Grovyle the Thief
- Height: 3’00”
- Born: September 13th
- Job Description: Time Thief
- Voiced by Dan Green

Connor was crying his own tears of desperation, feeding the fallen one he thought to be a hero an Oran Berry, desperately hoping that might help his sickly condition…

The General Replay - Page 5 7kjb4bj
Connor: “C’mon, please…you’ve got to be okay, just hang in there…!”

The General Replay - Page 5 RjrcUmK
Grovyle: “Why, no, Komachi, I wouldn’t know either…maybe Caterpie was taken to one of those Castles…?

The General Replay - Page 5 TpKuheA
Connor: “Shit, he’s gone delirious…!”

ToonBlade wrote: Link takes a breath and breaks into a sprint, trying to get closer to the... strange blue and red man. Wow, he's gonna be asking questions when this is done.

Anyway, once he thinks he's close enough, with Deku Leaf in hand, he plants his foot firmly on the ground and performs a mighty swing, unleashing a powerful gust of air toward the monster, attempting to knock it off course, away from Spider-man and the other people present.

"Hyaaahh!!"

Success! The Parasite is sent flying towards the le-

“Regiwi” wrote:*This sets off Spider-man's Spider-sense, but whilst that would normally make him react, the web-slinger has only one thought on his mind right now, his daughter sat on top of the floating landmass that looks like it's probably not the best place for a baby, even one with superpowers. He immediately leaps and shoots out a webline at the land-mass pulling on it to launch himself into the air oblivious of everything but Mayday looking down at him.*
The General Replay - Page 5 Z56ppdA

And our Web-slinger just jumped in that exact same direction.

Well,

shit.

-plap. The moment it finds purchase on that face, it’s already emanating…SOME kind of radical energy as it starts trying to burrow into that mask…

It was supposed to be a normal day.

Wake up at a decent time, make a quick breakfast of cooked beans, egg and toast. Take a quick shower, catch up on the daily news. Lay out some coffee grounds for The Distortion, open the doors for business, and then slowly and methodically tackle the problems of clientele for the day. It may not have been so normal after that routine, but at least…after what happened yesterday. Any kind of normalcy would be welcome.

But no. There’d be no such routine to be had.

The subject of our narrative today: a lime-colored Birdlike creature, featuring colors and patterns almost reminiscent of a Quetz. A Pokemon, based on this appearance, one that’d be referred to as a Xatu. The anthropomorphic bird roused himself from his dreary sleep, rubbing the sleep from his left eye…blinking himself into the waking world.

The General Replay - Page 5 HXWPBKj
???: “…Whuh…?”

It was not going to be a normal day for Xan.

The General Replay - Page 5 Plf28yC
Alexander “Xan” Xela
- Height: 5’03”
- Born: January 3rd
- Job Description: Fortune Teller/Freelance Detective
- His panic attacks have a dedicated emote
- The General Replay - Page 5 YeUJm33

Instinctively, he rubbed the sleep out of his right eye, as well. Always a futile effort: The crystal eye could hardly see any better after such. It took his working eye a few minutes to acclimate to the dim light of the room. Last he recalled, he ended up crashing at his boyfriend’s place, after…well. We’ll call it a ‘hectic introspection’, for now. No, this place, it looked…dark. Abandoned, the walls covered in dirt. He lifts himself out from under the covers, adjusting his beret as he does…and looking back towards the bed, he can more clearly identify it as a hospital bed of some…mild…comfort level.

The General Replay - Page 5 CQjOHNh
Xan: “This…isn’t…”

What wasn’t comfortable was the bird’s mental state after a few second. Anxiety through the fuckin’ roof for a few seconds there. Takes him a solid minute or so to collect himself, there…though of course he still ends up walking himself in circles, wing tip to his face. He’s also more acutely aware of the room itself: little decorum, it seems, though with a curtain drawn open around where the bed was. And along the wall, a large window, showing the vista of…

…Nope. Not gonna focus on that ruined cityscape. We’ll work ourselves up to that.

The General Replay - Page 5 61Ji42g
Xan: “…Okay, don’t panic. Just. Think. Slowly…deep breaths…”

The General Replay - Page 5 CQjOHNh
Xan: “…Off the top of my head, only 3 things could have happened. Most likely, the Tarot Deck caught on with that last stunt and kidnapped me…except I would be restrained, and severely questioned…or dead. Or worse! Second most likely, Michael got bored and ate me…except. These are very obviously not hallways, and my head doesn’t hurt looking at this room. “

The General Replay - Page 5 UbjjJBt
Xan: “So, naturally! The only rational conclusion to make here is that I was isekai’d into another dimension. See! Perfectly rational explanation.”

The Xatu nods to himself, proud of his deductive prowess.

And then immediately starts hyperventilating

The General Replay - Page 5 QWCL9Kv
Xan: “I DON’T HAVE TIME TO BE ISEKAI’D!!! Gods above, I have work to get done…!!”

It takes a while for his breathing to steady, just trying to focus on what he CAN rationally do here. Just short assertions, self-assurance that this is a situation he can…probably fix.

Probably.

The General Replay - Page 5 AJP7u15
Xan: “…Right, right. Of course. I have no hope of following any trail out of wherever this is if I don’t get an idea of what this is.”

Another deep breath. The Xatu closes his right eye, focusing on the immediate world around him as his left eye glows, filling with visions of the past. Part of his conscious questions ethical it is to peek into the past of a private sitting room in a…hospital? Maybe? But these are more pressing matters.

…Unfortunately, another good minute is spent just pondering how far back it was worth looking. This place, how it reacted with his vision…it was odd. Almost as if it were an ageless land, yet at the same time…as if it were always in this state of ruin. But a vision he did get…

The General Replay - Page 5 NSyYIyr
…of a Giant Seed falling out from a tear in the sky.

The General Replay - Page 5 61Ji42g
Xan: “Gck!”

And there was the headache, the pain. A sign that whatever he peered into, this land’s past…one mired with dimension instability. His vision was short, but revealing:

The General Replay - Page 5 5Dne6Di
Xan: “…Was that Sans Bloody Undertale-

Xan was knocked out of his stupor from the muffled sound of…something heading off from the distance. A cursory look out the window to the scenery beyond afforded him…nothing else of note, besides the ruin. A sight that…gave the Xatu cause to squint.

The General Replay - Page 5 AJP7u15
Xan: “…I’m not going to learn anything just sitting around in the past, anyways.”

Indeed, something had to make that sound. And if something or someone were here recently, he may just be able to get a lead. Grabbing his handbag of provisions that he’s all too relieved to find got sent here with him, he rushes into flight through the halls, not wanting to spend any more time than needed in this inHospitable building…
Sable-Xeno
Sable-Xeno

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:22 pm

Don't worry, Vince, Butterscotch was still there. In fact, due to how Spider-Man hammocked her up, she probably wasn't going anywhere in a hurry unless she risked climbing down a nearby tree. That said, she was still flabbergasted at Marcus' dash into action, and the portal shenanigans that ensued.

She seemed like she was going to make a comment on it to Spider-Man, but he also decided to jump in, seemingly seeing something she didn't. Although, that was always hard to tell when his eyes were covered like that...

The General Replay - Page 5 Icon7

"Now there's even more people...!? That's so weird... If it was anywhere near my cottage, there's no way others wouldn't have seen it, but I haven't seen anyone familiar yet."

She blinked at the scene, until-

The Parasite wrote:-plap. The moment it finds purchase on that face, it’s already emanating…SOME kind of radical energy as it starts trying to burrow into that mask…

Now that definitely didn't sound good. Overcome with a will to help one of the few people that had been nice to her so far, she tried casting a spell even if panicked.

The General Replay - Page 5 Icon3

"H-Hang on, Mr. Spider-Man!"

A whush and a bang later, the spell had very much backfired. Her idea was to conjure something to appear between the parasite and Spider-Man's face- some confection like candy, as per usual. Instead, what appeared was something that might have smacked The Parasite over its metaphorical head, and instead of a candy, it was... pizza.
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:01 am

Sable-Xeno wrote:
Reverie wrote:Marisa stopped herself, feeling the slightest breeze back up around her as a noise like a damaged engine called out in the distance behind her. That said, the girl wasn't an expert on engines by any means, so the noise simply sounded like magic.

While Firion was definitely familiar with the sound of engines from his own homeland, that…well, what can be said about that sound besides the fact that he’s never heard an engine sound like THAT? He also turns his head, visibly confused. Though perhaps, a little ahead of Marisa, he turns his head up.

…Towards. Nothing?

*There was now no sign of the TARDIS barring the few bits of debris that had been blown away as it dematerialized.*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sable-Xeno wrote:Success! The Parasite is sent flying towards the le-

And our Web-slinger just jumped in that exact same direction.

Well,

shit.

-plap. The moment it finds purchase on that face, it’s already emanating…SOME kind of radical energy as it starts trying to burrow into that mask…
*Feeling the thing latch onto his head, his Spider-sense starts going nuts.*
Are you serious right now? Really?

*He starts trying to pull at the thing which with his strength is formidable, but too late, it soon flattens onto his mask before forming into something dark.*
The General Replay - Page 5 MshXVCz

*It's now however that the parasite picks up on something, deep within there's potential, so much potential of that 90s Freshness, something dark, edgy, something inside this victim it's latched onto that could perhaps give it the selling power of a fancy new #1 issue with a cover by Rob Liefeld. Those fresh shades almost melted into Spidey's mask turning into a black liquid, a liquid which began to spread.*
The General Replay - Page 5 D3g7sN9
*Mayday saw her Father swinging up from below and was excited to see him at first, then he lands in front of her.*
The General Replay - Page 5 1ZJFFlU
!
The General Replay - Page 5 TTDQv78
Aliucon wrote:Don't worry, Vince, Butterscotch was still there. In fact, due to how Spider-Man hammocked her up, she probably wasn't going anywhere in a hurry unless she risked climbing down a nearby tree. That said, she was still flabbergasted at Marcus' dash into action, and the portal shenanigans that ensued.

She seemed like she was going to make a comment on it to Spider-Man, but he also decided to jump in, seemingly seeing something she didn't. Although, that was always hard to tell when his eyes were covered like that...

The General Replay - Page 5 Icon7

"Now there's even more people...!? That's so weird... If it was anywhere near my cottage, there's no way others wouldn't have seen it, but I haven't seen anyone familiar yet."

She blinked at the scene, until-

The Parasite wrote:-plap. The moment it finds purchase on that face, it’s already emanating…SOME kind of radical energy as it starts trying to burrow into that mask…

Now that definitely didn't sound good. Overcome with a will to help one of the few people that had been nice to her so far, she tried casting a spell even if panicked.

A whush and a bang later, the spell had very much backfired. Her idea was to conjure something to appear between the parasite and Spider-Man's face- some confection like candy, as per usual. Instead, what appeared was something that might have smacked The Parasite over its metaphorical head, and instead of a candy, it was... pizza.
*The tasty gift appears and splats right on the head of the Spider. Slowly the slices slide slightly down his head but then they almost seem to be absorbed into the inky darkness of this new form, it continues staring at the baby.*

*Anna looks to the others around her.*
I don't really know what's going on but, something tells me that's not good, right?

((just to be clear, the Black Suit was from the 80s, but it was the 90s where it became infamous for Venom etc so that's why I chose for it to give off those 90s vibes, that and I just want to try this out. >><<))
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tooner-Tastic Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:32 pm

While Chell sees the strange non-human creatures injured as she comes back through the portal, she backs off to get her companion cube and check on the small child, which then...something happens.
Regiwi wrote:
*It's now however that the parasite picks up on something, deep within there's potential, so much potential of that 90s Freshness, something dark, edgy, something inside this victim it's latched onto that could perhaps give it the selling power of a fancy new #1 issue with a cover by Rob Liefeld. Those fresh shades almost melted into Spidey's mask turning into a black liquid, a liquid which began to spread.*
*Mayday saw her Father swinging up from below and was excited to see him at first, then he lands in front of her.*
The General Replay - Page 5 1ZJFFlU
!
Aliucon wrote:

*The tasty gift appears and splats right on the head of the Spider. Slowly the slices slide slightly down his head but then they almost seem to be absorbed into the inky darkness of this new form, it continues staring at the baby.*
Chell stares for a moment, processing the scene, seeing this strange black suited fellow, that just asborbed pizza into his body, staring at the youngling, before she frowns and picks the little one up with her free arm while picking up the Companion Cube with the Portal Gun's function, and then backing away a few steps.
Tooner-Tastic
Tooner-Tastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:12 pm

Tooner-Tastic wrote:While Chell sees the strange non-human creatures injured as she comes back through the portal, she backs off to get her companion cube and check on the small child, which then...something happens.
Chell stares for a moment, processing the scene, seeing this strange black suited fellow, that just asborbed pizza into his body, staring at the youngling, before she frowns and picks the little one up with her free arm while picking up the Companion Cube with the Portal Gun's function, and then backing away a few steps.
*Mayday is pleased to see Chell again, momentarily distracting her from how scared she was seeing what's happened to Peter. She crawls around to the back of Chell, somehow perhaps in surprise to Chell managing to almost stick to her back.*
The General Replay - Page 5 ZhTdCai
*The dark figure however watches as Chell does this, it's white eyes narrow as it raises it's arm, out shoots a webline aimed right at Chell. Noone would likely be able to compare the difference, but this time instead of being shot from Spider-man's wrist, the webline fires from the top of the dark figure's hand.*
The General Replay - Page 5 Y805K7f
!
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sable-Xeno Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:48 pm

Regiwi wrote: *The dark figure however watches as Chell does this, it's white eyes narrow as it raises it's arm, out shoots a webline aimed right at Chell. Noone would likely be able to compare the difference, but this time instead of being shot from Spider-man's wrist, the webline fires from the top of the dark figure's hand.*
!

Great googly moogly, it’s all gone to shit.

Marcus is able to stir himself from the ground eventually to see this sight of…well, edginess is the only proper word for it. Even though he’s an entire floating continent away, he’s still backing the fuck up.

The General Replay - Page 5 TZSpaCb
Marcus: “…Hey, uh? Connor?? I, uh. I think the parasite jumped-“

The General Replay - Page 5 AVB6L86
Connor: “[swears in spanish for a solid 20 seconds]”

Yeah, Connor was hardly having ANY of this. Most everyone had already jumped off the island, too, so any form of party-wide communication had gone out the window. The Grovyle paces in places, trying to think…

The General Replay - Page 5 QWMuPLJ
Connor: “…A-all right. I might have a plan, but it’s a longshot. And considering how dangerous it’ll be to deal with Spiderman…we’ll need to be prepared to retreat at a moment’s notice. Marcus! You’re with me.”

The General Replay - Page 5 N3lsm5c
Marcus: “‘Course I am.”

The General Replay - Page 5 8CLku2w
Connor: “You’ll need to be a distraction…Throw up an illusion of whatever he’s targeting, just keep him preoccupied! You two. Ah…Anna and Ravio? Keep an eye on Grovyle for now. He’s gone unconscious, and he’ll need the medical attention…Scott.”

…Some uncertainty crops up in Connor’s voice. It’s still surreal to believe he’s actually meeting Scott the Woz here, too, but more on his mind is just what his skill level here is…

Connor: “…I don’t suppose you have any more stupid Nintendo games? Something like Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival, or…well.”

…Head turned, Connor’s gaze shifts back down, at the copy of Chibi-Robo!: Zip-Lash still clutches in Grovyle’s hand.

The General Replay - Page 5 2TOoQ3a
Connor: “…I guess, do whatever comes naturally.”

That spoken, Connor dashes back forward through the portal on the island down to the surface, Marcus not far behind…the Grovyle geared braced to strike at a moment’s notice, and Chell with Mayday not far behind.

wait huh
Sable-Xeno
Sable-Xeno

Back to top Go down

Post by ToonBlade Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:12 am

Link meant to help. However, he watches in horror as the vile creature lunges to an ally, a newcomer, and corrupts him. His eyes widen and reaches his hand out uselessly, shocked and regretting his failure to help against the threat.

Link then notices the woman from earlier, holding a child, a baby, and the corrupted man's interest in her. He glances back and forth between them, how frown deepening, his resolve strengthening. He has faltered, but now that he sees a little baby, he is compelled to help. She reminds him a bit of Aryll when she was little. Now, the hero draws his blade, the Phantom Sword and moves toward Chell, his eyes on Spider-man, ready to leap into action should he attack.

Regiwi wrote:*The dark figure however watches as Chell does this, it's white eyes narrow as it raises it's arm, out shoots a webline aimed right at Chell. Noone would likely be able to compare the difference, but this time instead of being shot from Spider-man's wrist, the webline fires from the top of the dark figure's hand.*
!

"Tch!"

Toon Link runs and leaps, raising his shield to block the web.

He's not the only one to leap into action, however. From another side of the area, a blue metal bar, roughly about two feet long, is hurled at Spidey.
ToonBlade
ToonBlade

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiroko Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:36 am

Regiwi wrote:*Anna looks to the others around her.*
I don't really know what's going on but, something tells me that's not good, right?

Ravio takes a look in the same general directions as Anna. He was so confused by all the new terminology that was thrown at him that he completely forgot how to answer them in favor of looking onward and hoping against hope that he could glean what was going on through his own observations.

He chuckles nervously as he sees the fight going on, clutching his lil' buddy close.

"Guess I'm glad we're just shopkeepers, huh?" he quips shakily.
Hiroko
Hiroko

Back to top Go down

Post by DimitriBarronmore Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:32 am

Oh good, at least Butterscotch hadn't run off. Might be unable to run off. Same thing. Vincent turns immediately back to the distant fracas, not having any real response to her woes about being among unfamiliar faces. She can figure out what's going on in her own time, just as soon as Vince has the chance to do the same himself.

Aliucon wrote:

A whush and a bang later, the spell had very much backfired.
Regiwi wrote:*The tasty gift appears and splats right on the head of the Spider. Slowly the slices slide slightly down his head but then they almost seem to be absorbed into the inky darkness of this new form, it continues staring at the baby.*

The General Replay - Page 5 T9GNdDJ
Vince: "...well, that can't be good. I'm guessing that's not what you were aiming for?"

The General Replay - Page 5 HIGsdqY
Vince: "Never mind, no, that's not important. If I know my classic 80's comics, there's a very small chance what just happened is a good thing and a way higher chance that everyone on that rock is in ridiculous danger right now."

(He didn't know his classic 80's comics very well, as a matter of fact, only what was available in the Owletton public library. But he nonetheless spoke with a level of confidence and authority indicating complete expertise. This was one specific matter where he felt the broad-strokes picture he had in his head of that particular costume was enough.)

The General Replay - Page 5 Txsaww4
Vince: "...which means now that I know there's some way up there I'm obligated to go help, and I'll probably get myself killed in the process."

He's quiet for a moment, the gears in his head spinning.

The General Replay - Page 5 RK8ts0G
Vince: "...think you can get down from there? You'll have to excuse me if I don't reach up and grab you."

Simultaneously... wrote:The General Replay - Page 5 TTDQv78

For once, Scott doesn't scream. He's screamed out. This is all way too weird and happening way too fast to be scream-worthy. He stares at Spider-man for a few seconds, and then he slowly turns towards the camera and gives the audience a knowing look. One as if to say "come on, now this guy's here? Who writes this stuff?"

Sable-Xeno wrote:
The General Replay - Page 5 QWMuPLJ
Connor: “…A-all right. I might have a plan, but it’s a longshot.
[...]
Connor: “You two. Ah…Anna and Ravio? Keep an eye on Grovyle for now. He’s gone unconscious, and he’ll need the medical attention…Scott.”

…Some uncertainty crops up in Connor’s voice. It’s still surreal to believe he’s actually meeting Scott the Woz here, too, but more on his mind is just what his skill level here is…

Connor: “…I don’t suppose you have any more stupid Nintendo games? Something like Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival, or…well.”

…Head turned, Connor’s gaze shifts back down, at the copy of Chibi-Robo!: Zip-Lash still clutches in Grovyle’s hand.

The General Replay - Page 5 2TOoQ3a
Connor: “…I guess, do whatever comes naturally.”

The General Replay - Page 5 6AYtdYE

"What are you looking at me for!? I'm not a doctor!"

Alas, the whatever that pokemon is was not listening. By the time Scott finishes complaining the gecko-plant-dinosaur-thing is already gone through the hole in reality and doesn't seem inclined to return. Scott turns to look at the other one, practically identical and barely conscious. He doesn't know how to stabilize a critically injured human, let alone one of these things. But... It seems like he's drawing strength from having the game that saved him nearby, so maybe... Maybe there's one thing he can do.

Scott sits down next to the semi-unconscious pokemon and starts talking.

The General Replay - Page 5 IgR32Ax

"Hey all, Scott here, you know the drill. We were all kids at one point, and our experiences as such helped shape who we are today..."

Elsewhere... wrote:
Flowey wrote:Hee hee...
You naive idiot.
Do you think you are the only one with that power?
The power to reshape the world...
Purely by your own determination.
The ability to play God!
The ability to "SAVE."
I thought I was the only one with that power. But...
I can't SAVE anymore.
Apparently YOUR desires for this world override MINE.
Well well.
Enjoy that power while you can.
I'll be watching.

It was cold in here. It always was. The chill running down the child's spine certainly had nothing to do with the flower's ominous message. She had heard it before. It was possible she would hear it again. Everything ran on a loop down here, small choices leading to big choices leading to the same thing again. The power to start over and try again was truly a gift. One of the many gifts the Underground granted, if you knew where to look.

The small child's footsteps echoed off the thick stone walls hidden by darkness as they neared the final door out of the Ruins. She took stock of herself as she walked, checking her uncannily pockets. A dusty old plastic knife, surprisingly sturdy. Probably an old relic from back when toy companies were still making them. Two pieces of monster candy, not her favorite flavor but useful in a pinch. A full, unblemished slice of butterscotch-cinnamon pie. All in order. All ready to go through it one more time. After that she'd see how she felt.

Slowly, the human pushed open the massive stone door and stepped out into the blinding light...

...only to arrive not in Snowdin Forest, but in a sterile hallway light by modern florescent lights, the door she came from suddenly the exit of a hospital room.

The General Replay - Page 5 9jkgYQ2
Frisk
- Height: Short
- Born: Who knows?
- Job Description: Time-Travelling Child?
- Something's different this time.
- She traded in her last name for a higher CHA stat.

Something was very wrong. This didn't make any sense. Was this even still the Underground? Already starting to breathe too quickly, Frisk instinctively reaches out for the comforting feeling of her SAVE to reload and try again, only to come up empty. There's not even a void where the ability to SAVE used to be, it's simply as though it was never there. Replaced with the terrifying finality of losing a part of yourself.

Now fully hyperventilating, Frisk begins to feel panic for the first time in nearly as long as she can remember.
DimitriBarronmore
DimitriBarronmore

https://dimitri-barronmore.carrd.co/

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:06 pm

Hiroko wrote:
Sable-Xeno wrote:The General Replay - Page 5 8CLku2w
Connor: “You’ll need to be a distraction…Throw up an illusion of whatever he’s targeting, just keep him preoccupied! You two. Ah…Anna and Ravio? Keep an eye on Grovyle for now. He’s gone unconscious, and he’ll need the medical attention…Scott.”

He chuckles nervously as he sees the fight going on, clutching his lil' buddy close.

"Guess I'm glad we're just shopkeepers, huh?" he quips shakily.
*Anna is surprised at this strange creature knowing her name.*
Oh, you know one of my Sisters? Well, I might not be able to do much, but I do have a vulnerary. No Elixers though.
The General Replay - Page 5 HT73397
The General Replay - Page 5 L9A3S79
I suppose I can give it for free this time, consider it a free sample...

ToonBlade wrote:He's not the only one to leap into action, however. From another side of the area, a blue metal bar, roughly about two feet long, is hurled at Spidey.
The General Replay - Page 5 5QjVd8F
!
Link wrote:

"Tch!"

*His webline attached to Link's shield and his spider-sense telling him of the approaching metal bar, the Spider pulls himself quickly towards Link smacking a fist at his shield when he arrives.*
The General Replay - Page 5 BJAK0M4
*The Spider then quickly slides down low in the belief his initial blow on Link's shield would make him flinch, slipping behind Link and throwing a kick at the small hero in the back in a way that would likely launch him into the air.*
The General Replay - Page 5 3Evpj2l
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:34 pm

Yep. Definitely not good. I mean, Spider-Man's suit was now completely changed to a black shade, and if Butterscotch knew anything, it was that blackened candies did not sell, nor did they look good. Also it probably meant that it was spoiled or something.

Vince wrote:The General Replay - Page 5 T9GNdDJ
"...well, that can't be good. I'm guessing that's not what you were aiming for?"

The General Replay - Page 5 Icon5

"I-I-I was just trying to keep that... that thing away from his face. It didn't work... U-Uh, maybe we should run..."

On Vince's prompting, she huddled up to the edge of the hammock, looked down, swallowed and then reached for one of the nearest tree branches. She got a hold of the studiest-looking one with both hands and pushed herself out of the web. The branch naturally lowered with some crackling.

Despite looking extremely slim, Butterscotch managed to break them, flail in a panic in the air and land on her butt. It hadn't been a significant fall, at least- our no-longer-friendly-neighborhood Spider-Man had made it easier for her.

"Oww..."

She stood up, now facing the daring Pikachu. What was it that he had said again?

Vince wrote:The General Replay - Page 5 Txsaww4
"...which means now that I know there's some way up there I'm obligated to go help, and I'll probably get myself killed in the process."

The General Replay - Page 5 Icon6

"W-Why were you saying something so scary, anyway! We need to run! That... That really doesn't seem like good news at all...! N-Not only that, there's something happening in the distance with the sun and I don't like it at all!"

She might have said that, but at least she wasn't running. She was watching Spider-Man from afar. Yeeeah, her resolution was pretty paper-thin. If Vince wanted to skate into the fray, he'd probably have to leave the witch behind. At least he could be sure she'd try to keep herself safe!

---

Far away, another shard meant to connect with the whole. Cracked as it was, its pieces scattered when it got close, its remains floating close together, but twitching and pulsing, agonizing at being no longer whole.

Images formed at times, without much rhyme or reason. Pathways going into the void and back into themselves. Buildings formed and reformed in different configurations. A statue stood in the midst of a park, which changed its composition and texture at regular intervals.

Out of the horrific scenery, the most stable was a house, shaped much like a library, but in ruins. The roof had collapsed, and it was missing two of its walls. Within it, scattered pages and blood paved the floor. By the single bed of the house, just a ways from a destroyed counter, was a figure with puffy green hair, covered in a blanket and with most of her head bandaged. She let out weak breaths, supervised by someone else.

The General Replay - Page 5 Icon15

"... Right. She'll live. Uuugh, this is way too much excitement for one day! At this rate, maybe it really was better that I was just bored out of my mind at the office..."

The woman twitched nervously with her earring, looking back at the only other figure in the room, a towering man with a very curious animalistic mask. With a huff, he moved a huge piece of debris, revealing a collapsed bookshelf and several books at various levels of damage. It also unobstructed the way from the bed to the nearest open wall- an easy way out.

"Thank you, King. Do you... think we should try leaving? Though, I'm not sure how we can get anywhere..."

Silently, the figure looked out towards the sky, speckled with the non-euclidian geometry and infinitely strange imagery that the horizon generated. After a pause, he shook his head.

"Stay here, nurse. I'll try to find a way through."

The General Replay - Page 5 Icon2

"If experience serves, we might not be the only ones in this mess, and there's strength in numbers. I'll be right back."

The man walked out towards the unknown. Miriam followed his figure until it disappeared- not due to the horizon or a sudden turn, but because it had suddenly gotten surprisingly...

Foggy.

Sighing and tucking herself further into her coat for warmth, Miriam waited.

And in the distance, the cracking of glass could be heard.

---

The house was empty again.

---
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverie Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:35 am

Sable-Xeno wrote:While Firion was definitely familiar with the sound of engines from his own homeland, that…well, what can be said about that sound besides the fact that he’s never heard an engine sound like THAT? He also turns his head, visibly confused. Though perhaps, a little ahead of Marisa, he turns his head up.

…Towards. Nothing?

"I dunno... It just seems kinda..."

Marisa's brows pulled themselves together as though they would grant her some sort of ability to see through the thick foliage. She simply started running, curiosity taking over.

The General Replay - Page 5 AkDetAC

"Well, we've got to go this way anyway," she conceded. "Come on!"

Again, she seemed to have forgetten that she could fly. Come to think of it, can't she do that without the broom? So why does she need it then?

Maybe it's just a broom.

Regiwi wrote:*His webline attached to Link's shield and his spider-sense telling him of the approaching metal bar, the Spider pulls himself quickly towards Link smacking a fist at his shield when he arrives.*
*The Spider then quickly slides down low in the belief his initial blow on Link's shield would make him flinch, slipping behind Link and throwing a kick at the small hero in the back in a way that would likely launch him into the air.*

The Onion Knight came barrelling down out of the sky, having taken a shortcut to reach his target. As he twirled through the air, there was a flash of light accompanied by a quick wardrobe change.

The General Replay - Page 5 HOa7E8c

The look on the boy's face on the other hand was ever so familiar. He let go completely, cannonballing faster and faster with both blades gripped tightly. The Symbiote would see him coming in time, but it was the young man's hope that he'd be too fast for it to matter and would disrupt the newly-minted villain's attacks.

"Here I come! Dodge this!"

In some far-off place, in a completely different plane of reality, the ultimate disaster had struck. It was both natural and man-made and the cries of the innocent fell on deaf ears as it took flight.

Thousands fled through the neon-washed streets as fast as ther legs would carry them, with the occasional moped zipping through the crowd. Inclemence roared from above, but it came not from the clouds.

The General Replay - Page 5 Sjs78uu

Slifer the Sky Dragon swept through the half-polluted air of Ho Chi Minh City's skyline, wings batting like cracked thunder as the masses risked everything to escape his divine wrath. What were human beings to a god scorned? What were cities?

Unforgiving talons pierced the glass skin of a nearby high-rise, a vice that would not relent, providing him with sufficient perch as to begin the first act of his final vengeance.

He groaned mechanically and breathed inwards, absorbing latent magic in the atmosphere around him, and began to charge his method of retribution, a blinding flare bidding its time as his targets started to realise their efforts to outrun him would come to naught.
Reverie
Reverie

Back to top Go down

Post by ToonBlade Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:00 am

Regiwi wrote:
ToonBlade wrote:He's not the only one to leap into action, however. From another side of the area, a blue metal bar, roughly about two feet long, is hurled at Spidey.
!
Link wrote:

"Tch!"

*His webline attached to Link's shield and his spider-sense telling him of the approaching metal bar, the Spider pulls himself quickly towards Link smacking a fist at his shield when he arrives.*

Spider-man's attack went off without a hitch. Link grunted with pain at blocking the initial blow, and was left stunned. He gritted his teeth, his arm now ringing with pain from withstanding the blow. It was then that Spidey performed his followup, and Link cried out as he was sent flying, landing with a hard thud. He groans as he struggles to get up and get his bearings.

As for the bar, it was dodged, but it ricocheted off nearby surfaces and returning to the throwers arm. He steps from the shadows, easily blending into them thanks to his own black clothing. He carries another baton like the one he threw, and he twirls them easily with both his hands. He gives Spider-man a look.

The General Replay - Page 5 Xe61p6w

"You know, most people are fearful of us that wear all black clothes, and you're not exactly helping with that."
ToonBlade
ToonBlade

Back to top Go down

Post by Tooner-Tastic Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:15 am

Regiwi wrote:*Mayday is pleased to see Chell again, momentarily distracting her from how scared she was seeing what's happened to Peter. She crawls around to the back of Chell, somehow perhaps in surprise to Chell managing to almost stick to her back.*
The General Replay - Page 5 ZhTdCai
*The dark figure however watches as Chell does this, it's white eyes narrow as it raises it's arm, out shoots a webline aimed right at Chell. Noone would likely be able to compare the difference, but this time instead of being shot from Spider-man's wrist, the webline fires from the top of the dark figure's hand.*
!

Chell smiles at Mayday, a bit to comfort herself and the child. She's not even going to question how this child can cling to her back like that. She then turns to see the guy shoot..webbing at her. She blocks it with her trusted and faithful Companion Cube just in time, narrowing her eyes and backing away more, keeping the portal gun raised so the Cube stays in front of her body. She doesn't want damage it, but she won't hesitate to try and beat down a guy with her Companion Cube.

ToonBlade wrote:
Regiwi wrote:
!
Link wrote:

"Tch!"

Spider-man's attack went off without a hitch. Link grunted with pain at blocking the initial blow, and was left stunned. He gritted his teeth, his arm now ringing with pain from withstanding the blow. It was then that Spidey performed his followup, and Link cried out as he was sent flying, landing with a hard thud. He groans as he struggles to get up and get his bearings.

As for the bar, it was dodged, but it ricocheted off nearby surfaces and returning to the throwers arm. He steps from the shadows, easily blending into them thanks to his own black clothing. He carries another baton like the one he threw, and he twirls them easily with both his hands. He gives Spider-man a look.

The General Replay - Page 5 Xe61p6w

"You know, most people are fearful of us that wear all black clothes, and you're not exactly helping with that."

Chell looks at the small elf-looking child and quickly moves towards him while still keeping an eye on the black-suited fellow, kneeling down and trying to help him up.
Tooner-Tastic
Tooner-Tastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sable-Xeno Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:02 am

Reverie wrote:The General Replay - Page 5 AkDetAC

"Well, we've got to go this way anyway," she conceded. "Come on!"

Again, she seemed to have forgetten that she could fly. Come to think of it, can't she do that without the broom? So why does she need it then?

Maybe it's just a broom.

…Actually, it HAS been on Firion’s mind. After all, witches have all these stereotypical things associated with them: Black Cats, curses, flying brooms…I mean, it might be rude to base one’s assumptions on stereotypes, and all, but the broom can’t just be for cleaning, right…? He wracks his brain, trying to think of the best way to. Ask? Shouldn’t be so hard to do-

The General Replay - Page 5 Iwy04ps
Firion: “…Uhm…”

Oh god, he’s terrible at this.

Regiwi wrote:The General Replay - Page 5 WWionZV
Oh, you

Unfortunately that is ALL Connor managed to get before running off. Thank goodness he didn’t just take any merch before dashin’ n bashin’. Well, I’m sure that Elixir will get to the other Grovyle…somehow.

Either way. Connor was at the edge of the fray for now, but not for long. With an equally-blinding speed to the Onion Knight, he leapt forward from the side, arm blades alight as he would try to go for a horizontal slash to the side, followed up by an uppercut!

ToonBlade wrote:"You know, most people are fearful of us that wear all black clothes, and you're not exactly helping with that."

Well, all the help is appreciated, and Connor can only really give a cursory nod of acknowledgement during this hectic moment.

Speaking of help, maybe Scott would come in soon with another spike from as much an anti-90’s game as possible. Maybe a Data Design this time?

Well, no time to dwell on that now.

As for Marcus? He realized soon enough that a visual illusion wouldn’t work, that guy was changing his target constantly! So he dropped the Chell and Mayday disguise altogether, dashing just close enough…a good 20ft or so. Arms stretched out in front of him, gathering his energy to emanate from where Spiderman was the most loud, distracting thing he could think of (in 3 seconds) to break that thing’s focus…

”Have you ever wondered what it’s like to stop existing?”

“Think of it like…a story. One told to another, by…really, any means. How we experience that story, and how it touches us and the lives of us around us, and how we can relate to the characters wherein. Satisfied or not, at the end we leave this story behind…left only in our memories. The one who told this story may pick it up again, or those touched by it may do so by their own means, but in essence…that’s where things end, for the story. The memories remain, but your window into that world…ceases.”

“…That story will never be the same one, either, would it? There will always be something different about it, tainted by either another mind, or another time…it will never be re-told quite the same way, or by quite the same means. In a way, story-telling is a rich medium…but.”

“What do you think it would be like…if we were the characters in the story? What do you think happens, once that window closes? Would we simply continue to be, or would we just…fade, to nothing, until our story was told once again?”

“…And if that’s so. What would happen if we were cut from the story? Cut from reality, never to be seen or heard from again, while everyone you used to know and love believes you to have never existed?”

“…No, what am I saying. You fought to re-write your own story, didn’t you? Of course you’d think about that, deep in your heart. In a way, we both did what we needed to, to give those we loved a happy ending.”

“It’s a shame only your god was merciful.”

Scott the Woz wrote:The General Replay - Page 5 VxICT4r

“I have bad news. Your son…”

The General Replay - Page 5 FX5WYCl

“…is a Gamer now.”

The General Replay - Page 5 P3fH6LZ
Grovyle: “AH!”

The Grovyle sat up with a start, cringing as the reflex itself seemed to pull at his entire body. He cringed, looking up towards who this person speaking to him was…and taking notice of how drained he felt. Like he could barely move…he tried to think of what to say, but in his current state, his thoughts were all a soupy blur…

The General Replay - Page 5 W5852RU
Connor: “Wh…where…”

We return for a few moments to Xan, who continues to roam the hallways of this partially dilapidated building in mild haste. He takes some time to observe the surrounding: While the building’s condition looked to be stable, the hallways were covered in dust and debris, and looked to not have been cleaned in a great many years. The fluorescent lights over here only half-functioned, and of those that did, some flickered on and off with no pattern. From what he could guess, this had to have been the third floor…for. Well, what the floor was used for, he could hardly guess, but that hardly mattered.

Already, he had a plan in mind: Locate the front desk on the bottom floor. Odds are high there would have been several greetings in the past here, and it might be possible to read a conversation about this place…or perhaps, even find any old documents lying around with information. Either would require his full concentra-

“Frisk” wrote:Something was very wrong. This didn't make any sense. Was this even still the Underground? Already starting to breathe too quickly, Frisk instinctively reaches out for the comforting feeling of her SAVE to reload and try again, only to come up empty. There's not even a void where the ability to SAVE used to be, it's simply as though it was never there. Replaced with the terrifying finality of losing a part of yourself.

Now fully hyperventilating, Frisk begins to feel panic for the first time in nearly as long as she can remember.

Someone else just walked out of a room a few rooms ahead of where he was. It was hard to make her out, given the less-than adequate lighting in the hallway, and enough so to make Xan’s first reacting to be checking his bag. Just to make sure he brought it…uh, rations, water, non-scented soap, 50ft. rope, lighter, Time Piece, tea set, ah! Flashlight. Might come in handy here, in case something ends up less than friendly.

Speaking of, and contrary to all known survival instincts, Xan calls out to the young-looking figure.

Xan: “Ah…h-hello? Is someone…there…?”
Sable-Xeno
Sable-Xeno

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:00 pm

ToonBlade wrote:Spider-man's attack went off without a hitch. Link grunted with pain at blocking the initial blow, and was left stunned. He gritted his teeth, his arm now ringing with pain from withstanding the blow. It was then that Spidey performed his followup, and Link cried out as he was sent flying, landing with a hard thud. He groans as he struggles to get up and get his bearings.
*Ruthlessly, the Spider doesn't let this opportunity get away, he immediately leaps forward slamming the young hero to the ground as he attempts to get up. Raising his fist he's ready to launch a blow fatal to a regular kid right at the hero's face. He ignore's Nightwing's comment not even seeming to register it.*
The General Replay - Page 5 MeyICvi
Reverie wrote:
The Onion Knight came barrelling down out of the sky, having taken a shortcut to reach his target. As he twirled through the air, there was a flash of light accompanied by a quick wardrobe change.

The look on the boy's face on the other hand was ever so familiar. He let go completely, cannonballing faster and faster with both blades gripped tightly. The Symbiote would see him coming in time, but it was the young man's hope that he'd be too fast for it to matter and would disrupt the newly-minted villain's attacks.

Connor wrote:Either way. Connor was at the edge of the fray for now, but not for long. With an equally-blinding speed to the Onion Knight, he leapt forward from the side, arm blades alight as he would try to go for a horizontal slash to the side, followed up by an uppercut!
!

*Sensing both of these attacks coming, the Spider stops itself from landing the possibly killing blow, he leaps into the air and fast as lightning shoots out two weblines, one aimed at the incoming Onion Knight, the other aimed at Connor. Should they both attach to their targets he'll redirect their attacks towards each other.*
Marcus wrote:As for Marcus? He realized soon enough that a visual illusion wouldn’t work, that guy was changing his target constantly! So he dropped the Chell and Mayday disguise altogether, dashing just close enough…a good 20ft or so. Arms stretched out in front of him, gathering his energy to emanate from where Spiderman was the most loud, distracting thing he could think of (in 3 seconds) to break that thing’s focus…

*It's loud and irritating, although this isn't the symbiote that would be more effected by this sudden loud sound (if only slightly) it triggers some muscle memory that Peter seems to have from his time wearing the symbiote that the Parasite also feels, the arm of the suit ever so slightly bubbles before returning to normal.*
Tooner-Tastic wrote:Chell smiles at Mayday, a bit to comfort herself and the child. She's not even going to question how this child can cling to her back like that. She then turns to see the guy shoot..webbing at her. She blocks it with her trusted and faithful Companion Cube just in time, narrowing her eyes and backing away more, keeping the portal gun raised so the Cube stays in front of her body. She doesn't want damage it, but she won't hesitate to try and beat down a guy with her Companion Cube.

Chell looks at the small elf-looking child and quickly moves towards him while still keeping an eye on the black-suited fellow, kneeling down and trying to help him up.
*Luckily the incoming attacks seem to have distracted the Spider from Link leaving Chell an opening to reach him. Mayday appreciates Chell's willingness to protect her, but she also has this odd feeling in her head, one which she's far too young to really get but it sets off a primal feeling of fear, specifically the feeling that they need to get away from what was her Father fast. She taps on Chell's shoulder to get her attention.*
The General Replay - Page 5 QqbFBzo
Sable-Xeno wrote:
Regiwi wrote:The General Replay - Page 5 WWionZV
Oh, you
Unfortunately that is ALL Connor managed to get before running off. Thank goodness he didn’t just take any merch before dashin’ n bashin’. Well, I’m sure that Elixir will get to the other Grovyle…somehow.
The General Replay - Page 5 L9A3S79
Well there's gratitude for you...

*She turns to Ravio.*
So... what do you think we should do now then? Things are looking pretty dangerous and I doubt we'll be much help here...
Sable-Xeno wrote:
“Frisk” wrote:Something was very wrong. This didn't make any sense. Was this even still the Underground? Already starting to breathe too quickly, Frisk instinctively reaches out for the comforting feeling of her SAVE to reload and try again, only to come up empty. There's not even a void where the ability to SAVE used to be, it's simply as though it was never there. Replaced with the terrifying finality of losing a part of yourself.

Someone else just walked out of a room a few rooms ahead of where he was. It was hard to make her out, given the less-than adequate lighting in the hallway, and enough so to make Xan’s first reacting to be checking his bag. Just to make sure he brought it…uh, rations, water, non-scented soap, 50ft. rope, lighter, Time Piece, tea set, ah! Flashlight. Might come in handy here, in case something ends up less than friendly.

Speaking of, and contrary to all known survival instincts, Xan calls out to the young-looking figure.

Xan: “Ah…h-hello? Is someone…there…?”
*A sound rings out from the rooftop of the old Hospital as a familiar object reappears once again.*
*The door opens and a figure steps out. He's holding a tripod and some sort of device which he sets up and starts examining. If anyone noticed him before they might notice he seems to have changed his outfit despite seemingly just seconds passing since he left.*
The General Replay - Page 5 5NdWVav
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tooner-Tastic Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:17 pm

Regiwi wrote:*Luckily the incoming attacks seem to have distracted the Spider from Link leaving Chell an opening to reach him. Mayday appreciates Chell's willingness to protect her, but she also has this odd feeling in her head, one which she's far too young to really get but it sets off a primal feeling of fear, specifically the feeling that they need to get away from what was her Father fast. She taps on Chell's shoulder to get her attention.*

Chell looks back to Mayday and nods a bit, looking around. She remembers the portals that now connects the island to the land below. She looks at the young Link and picks him up, with a bit of a grunt since she has to do this one-handed, placing him under her arm as she moves quickly to jump through the portal to get off the island.
Tooner-Tastic
Tooner-Tastic

Back to top Go down

Post by ToonBlade Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:46 am

Regiwi wrote:*Ruthlessly, the Spider doesn't let this opportunity get away, he immediately leaps forward slamming the young hero to the ground as he attempts to get up. Raising his fist he's ready to launch a blow fatal to a regular kid right at the hero's face. He ignore's Nightwing's comment not even seeming to register it.*
The General Replay - Page 5 MeyICvi

Link groans and glares up at Spider-man. He's small, but he won't quit. Despite the blows he's taken, Link still tries to get up, even as his foe readies the finishing blow.

Tooner-Tastic wrote:
Regiwi wrote:*Luckily the incoming attacks seem to have distracted the Spider from Link leaving Chell an opening to reach him. Mayday appreciates Chell's willingness to protect her, but she also has this odd feeling in her head, one which she's far too young to really get but it sets off a primal feeling of fear, specifically the feeling that they need to get away from what was her Father fast. She taps on Chell's shoulder to get her attention.*

Chell looks back to Mayday and nods a bit, looking around. She remembers the portals that now connects the island to the land below. She looks at the young Link and picks him up, with a bit of a grunt since she has to do this one-handed, placing him under her arm as she moves quickly to jump through the portal to get off the island.

Link yelps as he's picked up, confused at first, then looks up to see Chell and Mayday. He gives them a smile, though it's cut short when Chell jumps into the portal. The young hero yelps as they go in, and once out he squirms a bit and falls onto the ground. He's a tad disoriented from the sudden change. He groans and sits up, rubbing his head.

Regiwi wrote:
Reverie wrote:

Connor wrote:Either way. Connor was at the edge of the fray for now, but not for long. With an equally-blinding speed to the Onion Knight, he leapt forward from the side, arm blades alight as he would try to go for a horizontal slash to the side, followed up by an uppercut!
!

*Sensing both of these attacks coming, the Spider stops itself from landing the possibly killing blow, he leaps into the air and fast as lightning shoots out two weblines, one aimed at the incoming Onion Knight, the other aimed at Connor. Should they both attach to their targets he'll redirect their attacks towards each other.*

Nightwing saw the whole spectacle go down. Suffice it to say, he's not pleased with the villain attacking and aiming to harm a child. He charges forward, joining in the other attackers. As he approaches, he notices the other fighters join the fray and charge at Spider-man with their own attacks, as well as Spidey's own counters. Nightwing has his own counter for this.

The General Replay - Page 5 Bd3xOno

"Oh no you don't."

Reaching into one of his suit's various compartments, he grabs a pair of Wingdings (like Batarangs; think shurikens, but in the shape of his mask/bird logo), then throws them toward the web slings, aiming to sever the webs and foil Spidey's attacks. He then follows this up by throwing another three at Spider-man. Or rather, the ground around him, purposefully missing his mark. Of course, that is a feint, as a few seconds after landing, the Wingdings would flash and beep, then explode.
ToonBlade
ToonBlade

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next