Case Files Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The General Replay

+5
Aliucon
Tooner-Tastic
ToonBlade
DimitriBarronmore
Sable-Xeno
9 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The General Replay - Page 2 Empty Re: The General Replay

Post by Tooner-Tastic Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:53 pm

Chell turns her attention to the cake. She blinks and rushes over to grab a piece. It's a strangely big cake, but right now, everything is strange. She gets a piece and eats. At least she finally gets to enjoy a cake...
Tooner-Tastic
Tooner-Tastic

Aliucon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverie Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:37 pm

ToonBlade wrote:He reaches into his inventory and pulls out his pictobox, walks a bit to get everyone in shot, then takes the photo, making a loud click.

The General Replay - Page 2 3J4ryJk

"Ah! What did you do that for?" the Knight cried out, sounding geniuinely hurt and confused by the flash. "Are you trying to blind us?"

Sable-Xeno wrote:The General Replay - Page 2 8CLku2w
Connor: “Talking…plant? Been called worse, I suppose-

The General Replay - Page 2 U2Rtjfk

"Are you... not a plant? I know you're talking, so... what does that make you?"

The boy scratched his head with the pommel of his sword and gave the Pokemon a proper look up and down, though he found it didn't do him any good either way.

DimitriBarronmore wrote:The General Replay - Page 2 LGTWeKJ
Vince: "Hey this is real good. Don't know about the overconfident advertising but the sweets don't lie."

The General Replay - Page 2 AbQ3vRM

"It is? Well, I guess one bite can't hurt."

He reached out to grasp a piece of the cake that wasn't so messy that it would stay on his hands for the next few hours. It didn't look like there was a sink or a fountan around anywhere, after all. The Onion Knight began to nibble on it and discovered that it was definitely cake.

Maybe he didn't like chocolate very much.

Sable-Xeno wrote:The General Replay - Page 2 QWMuPLJ
Connor: “Another…? Okay, still no idea what’s going on here, but whatever’s going on here is DEFINITELY no accident."

The General Replay - Page 2 Bt3BuAl

"Probably not," the boy lamented. "I don't think I've ever been involved in anything that to turned out to be just an accident. Fate has its way of showing up wherever you go. We just have to wait and see who's pulling the strings this time."

Sable-Xeno wrote:The General Replay - Page 2 GQIFpZz
“…Totally rad. Things are goin’ just as they fo-rizzle. Which means it’s high time I ditch this popsicle stand and start kickin’ off to Coolsville…”

The figure jumps in the air, kicking up a tiny skateboard as he gains U N R E A L   A I R and skates off into the distance…

The Onion Knight lept into the sky like a dart in the wind, getting just enough altitude to get a good look at the cool due on the edge of the earth.

The General Replay - Page 2 UWdKYcg

"Hey, you-"

But just as quickly as he'd arrived, the other figure was gone. The Knight floated down to the surface and sulked as quietly as he could.

The General Replay - Page 2 AOlYTKy

"Damn."

Aliucon wrote:The General Replay - Page 2 Icon11

"So cold! M-Maybe m-my name's not SUPER out there, as it deserves to be, but it's gonna be!"

"Alright, alright! I believe you. That said, I think there's probably a much more likely reason that we don't know each other. Like mostly everyone here."

Aliucon wrote:The second, much more prominent thing, was the arrival of a certain ordinary witch. Unannounced, and so close that she could feel her breath. Butterscotch yelped, pulling her hat down in front of her face as a pathetic means of defense, and just spied from under them seconds later when her heart didn't feel like it was going to beat out of her chest.

The General Replay - Page 2 Upvq8Os

"Listen, you dumb broad-"

Aliucon wrote:The General Replay - Page 2 Icon5

"A-A witch- I-I-I mean, a-ANOTHER witch! Here!? Now? How!? Pleasedonthurtme--"

The General Replay - Page 2 XuSJfEK

"Don't interrupt me when I'm talking!!" Marisa wailed, gripping the other witch's arm and shaking it for good measure. "I'll tell you when I'm done!"

"What in the former hell do you think you're doing stealing my look!? I've taken YEARS to get this shade of off-black just right and the last thing I need is some knock-off magician with eyes the colour of viral piss swanning in and making me look like an ass!!"

Last edited by Reverie on Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:38 pm; edited 4 times in total
Reverie
Reverie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sable-Xeno Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:12 am

Reverie wrote:

"Are you... not a plant? I know you're talking, so... what does that make you?"

The boy scratched his head with the pommel of his sword and gave the Pokemon a proper look up and down, though he found it didn't do him any good either way.

The General Replay - Page 2 OxObdVp
Connor: “It’s a little…hard to put into words.”

The General Replay - Page 2 8CLku2w
Connor: “What would be the closest metaphor to something from your world…a Dryad, perhaps? I’ve always assumed my biology to be more reptile than plant, but…I suppose that’s the best I can put it.“

Ah, poor Connor. You wouldn’t have known of this boy’s rather…unfortunate experience with Dryads.

Reverie wrote:

"What in the former hell do you think you're doing stealing my look!? I've taken YEARS to get this shade of off-black just right and the last thing I need is some knock-off magician with eyes the colour of viral piss swanning in and making me look like an ass!!"

The General Replay - Page 2 Knop1hy
Marcus: “Hey, hey! You don’t need to start gettin’ so riled up over how your Alternate Universe self looks, or whatever…!”

’Besides, I’d probably look better in that outfit myself’, Marcus no doubt thinks to himself. …w-we’ll figure out a streamlined font system for inner thoughts later. As the Witch Bitches, though, Connor’s gaze follows the Onion Knight’s flight pattern, and-

The General Replay - Page 2 7kLVGVV
Connor: “!!!”

…Barely manages to catch a glimpse of the figure flying off, filling with equal parts shock, fear, and for some reason a primordial annoyance. His gaze fixates, trying to get a sense of what direction he may have been traveling, but it’s hardly any use. The figure’s long gone, now, and trying to track his whereabouts with only a vague direction in an unrecognizable landscape would prove…difficult. If only his partner were here, he could’ve spied-

Wait.

His.

His partner.

…All those churning feelings start to give way to a more familiar one: loneliness. His trusted partner, the one he promised he’d never be separated from again…he’s nowhere to be seen, is he? The thought hadn’t even crossed his mind yet, but if…he’s been yanked away to another world, is there even any guarantee he’d ever be able to return?…no. This is no time for such thoughts. That’s a worry for Future Connor. Right now…they have a rough lead. The grovyle clears his throat

The General Replay - Page 2 QWMuPLJ
Connor: “…Look alive, everyone. Someone was spying on us.”
Sable-Xeno
Sable-Xeno

Back to top Go down

Post by ToonBlade Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:10 am

Sable-Xeno wrote:
Marcus, in all the haste he can, poses to the Link of Toon with the best Peace sign his clawed hands can manage, a wink that almost seems to manifes5 actual stars around his eyes. For a split second, of course, before he goes for another mouthful of cake.

The General Replay - Page 2 AHnaBcD
Marcus: “Ah’ve no idea where we ah at ahl!”

Link finishes his latest handful of cake. He decides, enough is enough for now. His grandma would disapprove of him stuffing his face with sweets like that! He's a proper young man! Well, mostly. Being a pirate doesn't count as bad, right??

He looks around at the other colorful people in the area and the shenanigans they're getting into. He tilts his head and points at them. "Think they might know?"

Then a bomb is dropped upon them...

Sable-Xeno wrote:
…All those churning feelings start to give way to a more familiar one: loneliness. His trusted partner, the one he promised he’d never be separated from again…he’s nowhere to be seen, is he? The thought hadn’t even crossed his mind yet, but if…he’s been yanked away to another world, is there even any guarantee he’d ever be able to return?…no. This is no time for such thoughts. That’s a worry for Future Connor. Right now…they have a rough lead. The grovyle clears his throat

Link looks up at the weird green fellow. His eyes widen in shock. "You mean there's... a spy among us??"

He looks around, scanning all the colorful people in the area. He points at Chell. "Is it that lady? She's being pretty quiet."
ToonBlade
ToonBlade

Back to top Go down

Post by Tooner-Tastic Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:21 am

SableXeno wrote:
Chell stops enjoying the cake piece she got and blinks and tilts her head a bit, frowning. Who would be spying on them? Where is this place, anyways??

ToonBlade wrote:
He looks around, scanning all the colorful people in the area. He points at Chell. "Is it that lady? She's being pretty quiet."
Chell then looks at the small elf looking boy. She frowns more and shakes her head, moving her arms in a disagreeing fashion. Why is this kid throwing an accusation like that??
Tooner-Tastic
Tooner-Tastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:07 am

Marisa's grip was tight, threatening and pretty uncomfortable. Despite her request, Butterscotch still tried to flail away from the ordinary witch's grip, feet spinning comically fast as she tried to run away- to no avail. Also ignoring Marisa's request, Butterscotch was half-listening and half-trying to speak over the other.

The General Replay - Page 2 Icon5

"I-I've never stolen anything, m-much less people's looks! I don't even know you, or that there was any witch within miles-"

The nerves from that coupled with the fact both the Knight and Marcus didn't have the most amicable tone of voice towards her was making her snap.

The General Replay - Page 2 Icon10

"B-But anyway, the tone's totally different! How can you confuse this shade of black to my beautiful grape-purple!? And my hair is a delicious-looking caramel orange! You look just like... l-like... j-just an ordinary magician!"

Yeah, that was the best insult she could come up with at this time. Perhaps she wasn't good at this. Spent momentarily, she had stopped just in time to hear the clearing of a throat.

The General Replay - Page 2 Icon13

"Wha- T-There's so many people here all of a sudden! Who do you mean, Connery- erm, h-huh, Connor?"
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sable-Xeno Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:22 am

Aliucon wrote:The General Replay - Page 2 Icon13

"Wha- T-There's so many people here all of a sudden! Who do you mean, Connery- erm, h-huh, Connor?"

ToonBlade wrote:Link looks up at the weird green fellow. His eyes widen in shock. "You mean there's... a spy among us??"

Ah, in-fighting already. This is why-

No. Do not, Marcus. Connor’s already giving him a glare, he absolutely CANNOT with his shitposting right now. Anyways, back to glaring at Toon Link, whom he’s only mildly less cross with.

Connor: “No…no, she is not. If she had something to hide, she’d have left already. I do not know whom our Knight friend spied up there, but somebody was spying on us from a good ways away…”

…And yeah, it’s rather unfortunate that Connor didn’t get a good look at the guy, himself.

But you, Onion Knight.

Reverie wrote:The Onion Knight lept into the sky like a dart in the wind, getting just enough altitude to get a good look at the cool due on the edge of the earth.

"Hey, you-"

But just as quickly as he'd arrived, the other figure was gone. The Knight floated down to the surface and sulked as quietly as he could.

You were a fair bit quicker on the draw, were you not? That good look tells you a bit more.

The General Replay - Page 2 4K2dqMr

Whoever this figure was…yeah, very saturated clothing, with a rather garish combination of shirt, sweatshorts and windbreaker. And…god, fingerless gloves? In *blue*? And that hat…everything about this outfit screamed 90’s, and was somehow more surprising than the fact that this guy was whatever the same species of thing Connor was.

Just what the heck’s going on, here…?”
Sable-Xeno
Sable-Xeno

Back to top Go down

Post by DimitriBarronmore Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:38 am

Sable-Xeno wrote:
Connor: “Another…? Okay, still no idea what’s going on here, but whatever’s going on here is DEFINITELY no accident.”

Connor: “…Well, it can’t be helped at this point. Welcome to…wherever we are.”
Reverie wrote:
The General Replay - Page 2 XsnkUVV

"Probably not," the boy lamented. "I don't think I've ever been involved in anything that to turned out to be just an accident. Fate has its way of showing up wherever you go. We just have to wait and see who's pulling the strings this time."

The General Replay - Page 2 9ZW4mh6
Vince: "You know, whether this is all on being orchestrated or not, we've still got to deal with it. I don't see where it makes much of a difference."

Reverie wrote:
The Onion Knight lept into the sky like a dart in the wind, getting just enough altitude to get a good look at the cool due on the edge of the earth.

"Hey, you-"

The General Replay - Page 2 AOlYTKy

"Damn."
Connor isn't alone in tracking the knight's flight path. Vincent watches it too, less interested in whatever he saw than the hang time this guy's getting.

The General Replay - Page 2 LhwHdJt
Vince: "Yooooo, nice hops!"

Sable-Xeno wrote:

The General Replay - Page 2 XLJcVo6
Vince: "...huh? Did I miss someth--"
ToonBlade wrote:Link looks up at the weird green fellow. His eyes widen in shock. "You mean there's... a spy among us??"
Vince: "...pfffffheheheHEHEHE--"

Ambiguously nearby, just over the horizon...

Under a strangely glittering sky, an old disused building stands, ripped from its homeworld. The verdant lawns stand as a testament to what once was, the wealth that used to be stored here. This was a place of business. A thriving exchange, where men would leave with their wallets poorer and their lives richer. It was...

The General Replay - Page 2 Of3Vvfe

Outside, a brown-haired glasses-wearing all-around generic-looking manchild stands, hands in pockets, looking around. As the metaphorical camera approaches, he turns to face us.

The General Replay - Page 2 OqEE9rE

"Hey all, Scott here, and... Where is here, exactly? I was just out here admiring the remains of my once-empire when everything started shaking, and next thing you know the skybox changed. What am I supposed to do now, the only stupid Nintendo games I have out here are..."

Scott pulls out a Nintendo DS and contemplates it thoughtfully, before abruptly smashing the hinge over his knee.

"Nothing!"

He looks up, shielding his eyes from absolutely nothing (given that it's nighttime), and the camera cuts to an over-the-shoulder view of him watching a strangely radical silhouette slowly crossing the horizon.

"If nothing else, it looks like there are still shapes here. And they're getting some unreal air. Maybe that thing knows where I am."

A few seconds pass, as the shape gradually becomes more visible.

The General Replay - Page 2 Dssmr4S

"...Is that a [CENSORED] pokemon?"

Last edited by DimitriBarronmore on Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:19 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : i changed my mind)
DimitriBarronmore
DimitriBarronmore

https://dimitri-barronmore.carrd.co/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sable-Xeno Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:19 am

DimitriBarronmore wrote:He looks up, shielding his eyes from absolutely nothing (given that it's nighttime), and the camera cuts to an over-the-shoulder view of him watching a strangely radical silhouette slowly crossing the horizon.

"If nothing else, it looks like there are still shapes here. And they're getting some unreal air. Maybe that thing knows where I am."

A few seconds pass, as the shape gradually becomes more visible.

The General Replay - Page 2 Dssmr4S

"...Is that a [CENSORED] pokemon?"

Indeed, that shape on the horizon continues to grow more and more visible, as it flies in a downward arc, landing nearby with a sick kickflip. The figure, quite visibly a short, saturated leaf fellow (a Pokemon, it seems) takes a look around, hardly noticing the Woz…at first.

The General Replay - Page 2 DBRoHeG
“Wii-Play Motion? Grody! That’s sooooooo Zero’s. And what’s with the blue border around this screen? This some kinda’ zoomer’s echo chamber? Totally bogus. Whatever! Least it means the ruins of No Man’s Whatever can’t be far.”

He starts up another kick-flip, until…his head snaps towards our resident internet funnyman. The sheer raditude emanating from this guy…Whoever this guy was, he was no mere Gex ripoff.

The General Replay - Page 2 O1r2Ea2
“…Well, looks like things have gone wiggity-wack, dawg.”
Sable-Xeno
Sable-Xeno

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverie Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:00 pm

Connor: “What would be the closest metaphor to something from your world…a Dryad, perhaps? I’ve always assumed my biology to be more reptile than plant, but…I suppose that’s the best I can put it.“

The General Replay - Page 2 Bt3BuAl

"You're a dryad?" the Knight asked, somewhat unsure as to how that would work. "Does that mean that you used to be a tree? Or that you're gonna turn into a big guy in a flashy metal suit of armour and try to kill people?" 

ToonBlade wrote:He looks around, scanning all the colorful people in the area. He points at Chell. "Is it that lady? She's being pretty quiet."

The General Replay - Page 2 0r1QwbO

"Come on, really? Use your head. If you start accusing people of things for no reason, you'll just end up making enemies."

Sable-Xeno wrote:The General Replay - Page 2 4K2dqMr

Whoever this figure was…yeah, very saturated clothing, with a rather garish combination of shirt, sweatshorts and windbreaker. And…god, fingerless gloves? In *blue*? And that hat…everything about this outfit screamed 90’s, and was somehow more surprising than the fact that this guy was whatever the same species of thing Connor was.

The Onion Knight had managed to get a glimpse of the figure, but it didn't do him much good. Nothing about this encounter had made any sense and this was just one more thing to add to the list. That thing's clothes were pretty garish, sure, but it was hard to hold that against someone fromanother world. He'd noticed that there was some resemblance between the skate legend that had just skedaddled and the other green plant-lizard he was currently talking to, but the odds of two green guys from another universe knowing each other seemed pretty slim. Would it be rude to bring it up?

DimitriBarronmore wrote:The General Replay - Page 2 9ZW4mh6
Vince: "You know, whether this is all on being orchestrated or not, we've still got to deal with it. I don't see where it makes much of a difference."

The General Replay - Page 2 WwD1mG1

"I guess, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Or put up with it."

Sable-Xeno wrote:The General Replay - Page 2 Knop1hy
Marcus: “Hey, hey! You don’t need to start gettin’ so riled up over how your Alternate Universe self looks, or whatever…!”

This pissed the Marisa off. It was unclear whether Marcus could have said anything that wouldn't have achieved this effect.

The General Replay - Page 2 XuSJfEK

"She's not me!!" the witch yelled, shoulders tensing abruptly. "And I'm not her! She's just some third-rate carbon copy that couldn't afford my outfit and had to settle for a budget option so extreme the store actually paid her to take it home with her!"

Aliucon wrote:The General Replay - Page 2 Icon5

"I-I've never stolen anything, m-much less people's looks! I don't even know you, or that there was any witch within miles-"

The General Replay - Page 2 N2b2QFI

"Sounds like exactly what a thief would say!"

"You know what, I think this whole thing was premeditated. I think you heard about my incredible brand name and wanted to capitalise off it with your poxy candy influencer bullshit! For clout!!"

Aliucon wrote:The General Replay - Page 2 Icon10

"B-But anyway, the tone's totally different! How can you confuse this shade of black to my beautiful grape-purple!? And my hair is a delicious-looking caramel orange! You look just like... l-like... j-just an ordinary magician!"

The General Replay - Page 2 AkDetAC

"... So you DO know me!! Aha, I knew it, you're nothing but a failed seasonal witch who couldn't make ends meet when Halloween ended. I'm gonna beat you up so badly, they'll be able to make toffee out of you when I'm done!!"

Marisa gripped Butterscotch by the collar with one white-knuckled fist and raised the other above her to strike, a look of pure disgust on her face.

Her hand shook with rage and for a solid moment it was as if time had stood still. Once the moment had passed, Marisa's body involuntarily relaxed all of a sudden as though it had been deflated, her fist rocking in the air with frustration until her arms eventually relaxed and fell at her sides.

The General Replay - Page 2 S2cPWVP

"I... I can't do it," she breathed, her disgust having tripled. "You're just so sad and pathetic. I've crushed bugs under my heel before for fun, but there'd be nothing fun about hitting you."

The General Replay - Page 2 GQJLhrh

"You'd probably ricochet off a breeze and turn into a diabetic pulp. I just can't do it."

"Even Shinmyoumaru would put up more of a fight and she's the size of a soda can."
Reverie
Reverie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sable-Xeno Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:54 pm

Reverie wrote:The General Replay - Page 2 XsnkUVV 

"You're a dryad?" the Knight asked, somewhat unsure as to how that would work. "Does that mean that you used to be a tree? Or that you're gonna turn into a big guy in a flashy metal suit of armour and try to kill people?"

Connor: “Well, it doesn’t really mean-“

The General Replay - Page 2 DVijfCv
Connor: “Oh, sensing a bit of trauma there-

Connor: “…Neither really means much. All that should be important for you to know is that I don’t play nice with fire.”

Reverie wrote:The General Replay - Page 2 0r1QwbO

"Come on, really? Use your head. If you start accusing people of things for no reason, you'll just end up making enemies."

"I guess, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Or put up with it."

Connor: “Genuinely glad to see somebody else here has a sense of realism, Mr…”

…Connor looks the Onion Knight up and down properly for the first time since actually landing here to take in his apparel, and it dawns on him just…exactly what he’s looking at. Sure, he’s a knight, but he’s also rather…young, isn’t he? He looks even…younger than he is, come to think of it. And yet, the wisdom beyond his years…either he’s been through hell and back, or his youthful appearance hides his 700 years of life experience.

Either way, both are getting overshadowed by how over-the-top his armor is.

Reverie wrote:The General Replay - Page 2 AkDetAC
(Pretend I quoted the entire last Marisa post. Really, the important takeaway here is Marisa being Marisa.)

The General Replay - Page 2 TucOgc6
Marcus: “…Wow. This is really something else IRL…really starting to wish we got stuck with Reimu, instead…”

DimitriBarronmore wrote:The General Replay - Page 2 XLJcVo6
Vince: "...huh? Did I miss someth--"
ToonBlade wrote:among us??"
Vince: "...pfffffheheheHEHEHE--"

Marcus: “Lmao”

…Goddamnit. Connor just crosses his arms, looking disappointed in the both of them.

Connor: “…Much as I regret to admit it, whoever made those ‘nice hops’ is the closest thing we have to a lead about where we are. Either that, or a huge, unrelated distraction, but considering there’s nothing apparent for miles, we…don’t have much in the way of other leads. It may be in our best interest if we…pursue that individual, if they aren’t long-gone by now…”
Sable-Xeno
Sable-Xeno

Back to top Go down

Post by DimitriBarronmore Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:37 pm

Sable-Xeno wrote:Indeed, that shape on the horizon continues to grow more and more visible, as it flies in a downward arc, landing nearby with a sick kickflip. The figure, quite visibly a short, saturated leaf fellow (a Pokemon, it seems) takes a look around, hardly noticing the Woz…at first.

The General Replay - Page 2 DBRoHeG
“Wii-Play Motion? Grody! That’s sooooooo Zero’s. And what’s with the blue border around this screen? This some kinda’ zoomer’s echo chamber? Totally bogus. Whatever! Least it means the ruins of No Man’s Whatever can’t be far.”

The General Replay - Page 2 5FLoKze
"...Maybe if I don't say anything it won't notice me."

Sable-Xeno wrote:
He starts up another kick-flip, until…his head snaps towards our resident internet funnyman. The sheer raditude emanating from this guy…Whoever this guy was, he was no mere Gex ripoff.

“…Well, looks like things have gone wiggity-wack, dawg.”

The General Replay - Page 2 NyVgf2q
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
DimitriBarronmore
DimitriBarronmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:15 am

Butterscotch didn't remember ever being so tense. At times, words like "brand name", "candy influencer" and "toffee" would stand out, but she was already nearly shrinking into a ball in the face of such relentless accusations. She couldn't, for the life of her, derive what she said exactly that had offended the witch, beyond just wearing similar clothing.

Things came to a head, when she was grabbed by the collar, and she flailed even more in place.

The General Replay - Page 2 Icon5

"W-W-W-Wait! D-Don't, please...!! Ahhh!"

She shielded her face with her hands open, to protect from the incoming punch. Her heart was beating relentless against her chest. And then-

Marisa let her go.

Trembling, Butterscotch dared to look up, only to find unadulterated judgement and scorn.

"You're just so sad and pathetic. I've crushed bugs under my heel before for fun, but there'd be nothing fun about hitting you."

Amidst all that could be said, that was the thing that dug deepest.
She had heard it before, after all. She had thought it before. Every time Syrup outperformed her easily without any help of magic. Every time Toffee took the time to joke about her without realizing how much her words could sting and linger on her vulnerable self

The General Replay - Page 2 Icon14

"S-Stop..."

Yet she just wasn't done. It was all Butterscotch could do to pull down her hat once more in shame, wanting to just disappear. The charm that Marisa may have noticed surrounding her a while ago started to wane, and the candy witch's visage started to get foggier. But she was still there- and, hearing a scream from nearby that echoed her inner voice, she sort of repeated it.

The General Replay - Page 2 Icon15
"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!"

At least she wasn't being grabbed anymore- which allowed her to flee into a certain direction- whatever direction was opposite to the recently-spawning business building nearby.

Ripples of a sound like cracking glass could be heard upon her leave. Nothing too distracting.
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverie Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:21 am

Connor: “Well, it doesn’t really mean-“

The General Replay - Page 2 DVijfCv
Connor: “Oh, sensing a bit of trauma there-

Connor: “…Neither really means much. All that should be important for you to know is that I don’t play nice with fire.”

The General Replay - Page 2 Walw1UJ

"..."

"Does anyone?"

Connor: “Genuinely glad to see somebody else here has a sense of realism, Mr…”

…Connor looks the Onion Knight up and down properly for the first time since actually landing here to take in his apparel, and it dawns on him just…exactly what he’s looking at. Sure, he’s a knight, but he’s also rather…young, isn’t he? He looks even…younger than he is, come to think of it. And yet, the wisdom beyond his years…either he’s been through hell and back, or his youthful appearance hides his 700 years of life experience.

The General Replay - Page 2 Ye7x2Qi

"What's the matter?" the Onion Knight asked, doing a double take. "You're looking at me like... I dunno, like I just rode a Behemoth into your front garden. Do I have something on my face?"

Sable-Xeno wrote:
Connor: “…Much as I regret to admit it, whoever made those ‘nice hops’ is the closest thing we have to a lead about where we are. Either that, or a huge, unrelated distraction, but considering there’s nothing apparent for miles, we…don’t have much in the way of other leads. It may be in our best interest if we…pursue that individual, if they aren’t long-gone by now…”

"Hate," the boy corrected reflexively. "Hate to admit it. But yeah, I don't see anything else- well, anywhere else to go. No shelter, no people, no kind of civilisation. But if we follow that other guy, he might lead us to... something."

"It's difficult to put a sentence like that together when you've only been in the world for five minutes."

DimitriBarronmore wrote:The General Replay - Page 2 NyVgf2q

The General Replay - Page 2 3sazxv4

"Ow."

Aliucon wrote:The General Replay - Page 2 Icon14

"S-Stop..."

The General Replay - Page 2 Icon15

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!"

At least she wasn't being grabbed anymore- which allowed her to flee into a certain direction- whatever direction was opposite to the recently-spawning business building nearby.

Marisa simply looked on in silence, her jaw hanging open as she watched the other girl speed off into the dark of the daylight. Then, after a couple of seconds' silent reflection, she realised she would kind of look like an asshole if she just stood there and let Butterscotch leave  - and possibly get herself killed in the process.

"Aw, come on..!"

Never in her long life had Marisa ever had this happen to her before. Sure, she was aggressive and something of an unstable personality, but she had never once had someone run away from a fight before. It simply wasn't what people did in Gensokyo. Not even the little youkai who spent their lives being hunted by men and women from the Human Village.

And so she had absolutely no idea what to do, other than to run as fast as her legs would carry her and make something up on the way.

"Hey, wait up! Stop going so fast!" Marisa shouted, sprinting into the same general direction the other witch had left from. "Slow down, lemme just talk to you! Hey!!"

Eventually, in a limited time deal, she decided her breath would be better spent on things other than yelling.
Reverie
Reverie

Back to top Go down

Post by ToonBlade Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:51 am

Tooner-Tastic wrote:
Chell then looks at the small elf looking boy. She frowns more and shakes her head, moving her arms in a disagreeing fashion. Why is this kid throwing an accusation like that??
oking boy. She frowns more and shakes her head, moving her arms in a disagreeing fashion. Why is this kid throwing an accusation like that??[/quote]

The boy looks at the mysterious woman and shrugs.

Reverie wrote:

The General Replay - Page 2 0r1QwbO

Link turns at the knight and crosses his arms, pouting a bit. In his defense, she seems a bit out of place. The witches wearing frills, robes and hats? Not out of the ordinary, plenty of people wear that. The dashing knight in armor? He's a knight in armor, he's come across the odd armored man here and there in some travels. The... whatever they are? They're wearing weird clothes, but then again they're not humans. They're like weird Rito or Gorons, so they pass. But this lady wearing a jumpsuit is completely foreign to him. Simply suspicious!

Reverie wrote:The General Replay - Page 2 AkDetAC

"... So you DO know me!! Aha, I knew it, you're nothing but a failed seasonal witch who couldn't make ends meet when Halloween ended. I'm gonna beat you up so badly, they'll be able to make toffee out of you when I'm done!!"

Marisa gripped Butterscotch by the collar with one white-knuckled fist and raised the other above her to strike, a look of pure disgust on her face.

The hero was about to explain is dumb logic when suddenly, violence! His eyes widened and he stepped closer to the witches, his hands raised. "H-Hey now, no need to get violent!"

Reverie wrote:Her hand shook with rage and for a solid moment it was as if time had stood still. Once the moment had passed, Marisa's body involuntarily relaxed all of a sudden as though it had been deflated, her fist rocking in the air with frustration until her arms eventually relaxed and fell at her sides.

"I... I can't do it," she breathed, her disgust having tripled. "You're just so sad and pathetic. I've crushed bugs under my heel before for fun, but there'd be nothing fun about hitting you."

"You'd probably ricochet off a breeze and turn into a diabetic pulp. I just can't do it."

... But just as quickly, the situation died down. The hero breathed a sigh of relief and smiled a bit. He likes it when conflicts are solved peacefully. Tetra and the crew complain about it from time to time, but he can't help it. If it can avoid violence, then they should take it!

... Well, some looting and pirate-y pillaging never hurt evil-doers, but that's the exception!!

DimitriBarronmore wrote:

Suddenly, the (somewhat) silence of night was  broken by a distant scream. A cry for help!

Link stops and looks around. He gets a look in his eyes, his face now hardened and determined. He looks to where the scream came from, draws his sword, and breaks into a run. He's small and fast, so he arrives quickly to the source of the scream. And he's met with...

DimitriBarronmore wrote:The General Replay - Page 2 Of3Vvfe

He stops and stares. He's never seen a building like that before. It's huge, dwarfing most structures one would find in the Great Sea. The only thing to rival this thing's scale were the buildings he saw in the flooded Hyrule, but still...

He looks down and sees another pair of strange individuals. He steps forward a bit. "Uhh... is everyone alright? I heard a scream."
ToonBlade
ToonBlade

Back to top Go down

Post by Sable-Xeno Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:08 pm

Reverie wrote:The General Replay - Page 2 AbQ3vRM

"Does anyone?"

Good point.

Reverie wrote:The General Replay - Page 2 Ye7x2Qi

"What's the matter?" the Onion Knight asked, doing a double take. "You're looking at me like... I dunno, like I just rode a Behemoth into your front garden. Do I have something on my face?"

The General Replay - Page 2 7kjb4bj
Connor: “Ah, nothing of the sort. Your attire is just…well, no. I’m not used to seeing such accessorizing, but I…do think it looks nice. Also do you have, like. A name…?

Reverie wrote:The General Replay - Page 2 WwD1mG1

"Hate," the boy corrected reflexively. "Hate to admit it. But yeah, I don't see anything else- well, anywhere else to go. No shelter, no people, no kind of civilisation. But if we follow that other guy, he might lead us to... something."

…The Grovyle had also not expected this kid to be much for a grammar policeman, but at the end of the day everyone’s got their quirks. Like this supposed Marisa, huh? Though…well, as Marcus was beginning to see, maybe ‘quirks’ was putting things too generously. But, more on that in a bit. For now, Connor had simply crossed his arms in an attempt to regain a bit of composure to look cool, in the face of grammatical error.

Connor: “…I can tell we’ll be getting along just fine. Let’s not mince words- You saw the direction that figure was heading in, so it’d be best if we try to pinpoint what direction-“

The General Replay - Page 2 7kLVGVV
Connor: “-Or that. I’m not one to complain.”

Without a single moment’s worth of hesitation, the Grovyle has already leaped into action, darting ahead of the party in the direction of the screams of terror and possibly comedic timing. No second thoughts spared to the rest of the group, with the inching dread that any moment wasted is one closer to a disaster.

Aliucon wrote:The General Replay - Page 2 Icon15
pls no bulli Sad

The General Replay - Page 2 FStIyb6
…Marcus’ resolve was not so steeled.

Up until this moment, our candy-haired Zoroark had been mostly just commenting on all the background noise, simply trying to get a foothold in the situation. He had felt like a kinship might form between him and Butterscotch, were things to just calm down for a few minutes. Maybe…let the reality of ‘Oh fuck, we’re actually stuck here for who knows how long’ actually sink in, maybe start to take into account this Bake Witch’s catalogue of magical confectionaries. Sure, Marisa was being…really rough, but if he’d had half the mind to do more than awkwardly joke about it-

The General Replay - Page 2 B3EndvQ
Marcus: “A-ah, wait-“

And now she’d started running off in the heat of all this mess, and…shit, now Connor was running towards it?? This was…a little more than he’d been prepared for, actually! Which isn’t saying much, because he didn’t prepare at all for this, mentally or physically…!

The Zoroark just. Froze up. He didn’t head in any direction.

DimitriBarronmore wrote:The General Replay - Page 2 NEtRPuw

Finally. FINALLY! Such a gutteral scream of pride, from another warrior…the little man was impressed. Would this be a worthy challenger, after all…? He smelled the air before him…

The General Replay - Page 2 4Rc6ADL
???: “…I can practically taste it, homeslice! The latent Gen Z energy that permeates your very being…the kind that would mesh well with mine. I can tell you yearn for the nostalgia only 90’s kids would remember! A nostalgia I’d love nothing more than to share with the world…”

The General Replay - Page 2 MN3DGJb
Grovy-Fresh
- Height: 3’00”
- Born: January 1st
- Job Description: 90’s Kid
- Made an Internet Safety Instructional Video yesterday.
- It is already lost media.

The General Replay - Page 2 Fw8IwWj
Grovy-Fresh: “While we could no doubt fight a truly bodacious battle, it’d be gnarly to see your talents go to waste. So…I have an offer for you that’s all that and a bag of chips: Join me in bringing back the 90’s, and party on like it’s 1999. Refuse, and…well, you’d be a buzzkill. And nobody likes a buzzkill.”

…The smaller figure reaches out a hand to shake on towards the Woz. Which is...maybe a bit funny to think about, considering he can only really reach up to, like, his waist. Doesn’t really help the intimidation factor, nor does the fact that you feel like you’d need a secondary on hand just for translating half the shit he’s been saying-

The General Replay - Page 2 9eZ2DKp
Grovy-Fresh: “So what do you say, home skillet?”

ToonBlade wrote:He stops and stares. He's never seen a building like that before. It's huge, dwarfing most structures one would find in the Great Sea. The only thing to rival this thing's scale were the buildings he saw in the flooded Hyrule, but still...

He looks down and sees another pair of strange individuals. He steps forward a bit. "Uhh... is everyone alright? I heard a scream."

The General Replay - Page 2 H5xi6xy
…imperceptible to the naked eye, Grovy-Fresh’s gaze behind those sunglasses briefly meet that of Toon Link and, likely in hot pursuit, with Grovyle and Co. Just as quickly, his gaze returns towards to the Woz, still so hard to read, and yet…almost willing him, urging him to make a choice.
Sable-Xeno
Sable-Xeno

Back to top Go down

Post by DimitriBarronmore Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:43 am

Sable-Xeno wrote:
Reverie wrote:

The General Replay - Page 2 1ZMsTRf
Vince: "Youfh gof a good poinf, but--"

Vincent takes a moment to swallow the fresh chunk of cake he put in his mouth within the last five seconds.

Vince: "You've got a good point, but if you're so convinced they were spying on us, there's no guarantee that it isn't just--"

The General Replay - Page 2 ReMMgOY
Vince: "A trap... Jeez, my ears..."

Sable-Xeno wrote:
…Marcus’ resolve was not so steeled.

Up until this moment, our candy-haired Zoroark had been mostly just commenting on all the background noise, simply trying to get a foothold in the situation. He had felt like a kinship might form between him and Butterscotch, were things to just calm down for a few minutes. Maybe…let the reality of ‘Oh fuck, we’re actually stuck here for who knows how long’ actually sink in, maybe start to take into account this Bake Witch’s catalogue of magical confectionaries. Sure, Marisa was being…really rough, but if he’d had half the mind to do more than awkwardly joke about it-

The General Replay - Page 2 B3EndvQ
Marcus: “A-ah, wait-“

And now she’d started running off in the heat of all this mess, and…shit, now Connor was running towards it?? This was…a little more than he’d been prepared for, actually! Which isn’t saying much, because he didn’t prepare at all for this, mentally or physically…!

The Zoroark just. Froze up. He didn’t head in any direction.

Vincent takes a moment to let his brain catch up with the apparent volume of the noise he just heard, unfortunately amplified by his naturally sensitive hearing and made even worse by the fact that he wasn't expecting it in the slightest. By the time he's uncovered his ears and looked up again, the area has significantly fewer people in it.

The General Replay - Page 2 68jKRw0
Vince: "Augh... I take it everyone's run off then?"

He looks to the flamboyantly pink and brown shape in his peripheral vision, only to take pause when he sees the look on Marcus's face. All of a sudden he seems so... Lost? Conflicted? Overwhelmed? Something in that category, the author is certain. Whatever it is, there's no chance it isn't something to be concerned about.

Vincent... Well, he doesn't really have a horse in this race. He's similarly been drifting along, letting the situation happen. Not quite allowing himself to fully process the reality of the situation, because while he didn't have a lot going on back at home it's easier to just disassociate past it and keep acting like it's just a weird dream. But he can't ignore that expression. He can't help it. Or rather, he can't not help it. He's always lived by a certain set of morals, and one of the rules is he can't walk away when someone's having trouble.

The General Replay - Page 2 XLJcVo6
Vince: "You okay, dude?"

Sable-Xeno wrote:
Finally. FINALLY! Such a gutteral scream of pride, from another warrior…the little man was impressed. Would this be a worthy challenger, after all…? He smelled the air before him…

The General Replay - Page 2 4Rc6ADL
???: “…I can practically taste it, homeslice! The latent Gen Z energy that permeates your very being…the kind that would mesh well with mine. I can tell you yearn for the nostalgia only 90’s kids would remember! A nostalgia I’d love nothing more than to share with the world…”

The General Replay - Page 2 Fw8IwWj
Grovy-Fresh: “While we could no doubt fight a truly bodacious battle, it’d be gnarly to see your talents go to waste. So…I have an offer for you that’s all that and a bag of chips: Join me in bringing back the 90’s, and party on like it’s 1999. Refuse, and…well, you’d be a buzzkill. And nobody likes a buzzkill.”

…The smaller figure reaches out a hand to shake on towards the Woz. Which is...maybe a bit funny to think about, considering he can only really reach up to, like, his waist. Doesn’t really help the intimidation factor, nor does the fact that you feel like you’d need a secondary on hand just for translating half the shit he’s been saying-

The General Replay - Page 2 9eZ2DKp
Grovy-Fresh: “So what do you say, home skillet?”

Scott begins to panic and gesture wildly.

The General Replay - Page 2 Th8V5g9

"What are you talking about, I don't even like the 90's! I mean, there's nothing wrong with it, but I'm a 2007 guy myself!"

And then all at once, he pauses. The music cuts out for a moment, as the shot lingers on his face.

The General Replay - Page 2 ZCPtkvV

"Wait... Gen Z? 90's kids? That doesn't sound right."

The General Replay - Page 2 IDoLGCA

"The concept of a 'generation' was first introduced by Karl Mannheim back in 1928. He theorized that similar groups of people experiencing significant historical change early in their lives would be affected by that change more or less uniformly, shaping their sociopolitical view of the world. Those groups would go on to influence historical events later in their lives, shaping the next generation. The idea being that this is why young people tend to be more activist, and social movements tend to come in waves a decade or two apart."

The General Replay - Page 2 YJqzxsy

"The concept was later expanded on in popular culture to refer to any group of people born in a specific range of dates. As the world becomes more globalized and major historic events happen more frequently, the more things kids from a certain decade have in common with one another. Definitions vary depending on who you ask, but it's usually accepted that kids born between 1981 and 1996 are considered 'Millenials.' These are the 90's kids, the ones who spent a significant portion of their childhood with the culturally relevant events of the 1990's."

The General Replay - Page 2 5DETces

"I was born in 1997, making me part of Gen Z, like you said. I never really grew up with the 90's, since I was too young to remember them firsthand, and while I definitely appreciate the 90's for the impact they had on gaming, I can't really say I--"

ToonBlade wrote:He looks down and sees another pair of strange individuals. He steps forward a bit. "Uhh... is everyone alright? I heard a scream."

"WHY IS LINK HERE?!"
DimitriBarronmore
DimitriBarronmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Tooner-Tastic Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:58 am

Chell blinks and shakes her head, just after the yelling. She spaced out hard there, whew! Must still be getting used to being outside the labs.
She looks around and sees..no one around. But she did hear screaming, so there must be something going on. She goes in that general direction to now see...a normal enough looking human. No renaissance festival looking outfits there, just a normal person. Thank goodness.
DimitriBarronmore wrote:"WHY IS LINK HERE?!"
She blinks and looks at the small teen boy. His name is LINK??? Who names their kid after a website address???
Tooner-Tastic
Tooner-Tastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverie Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:41 pm

Sable-Xeno wrote:The General Replay - Page 2 7kjb4bj
Connor: “Ah, nothing of the sort. Your attire is just…well, no. I’m not used to seeing such accessorizing, but I…do think it looks nice. Also do you have, like. A name…?

"A name? Yeah, it's-"

DimitriBarronmore wrote:"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

"-but my friends just call me Onion Knight. And yeah, we should probably get going. If we don't do something, they might cause a lot of damage. Not that there's much damage to do here."

And with that, the boy set off towards the fight of the century, his mind struggling to understand what kind of summon Scott the Woz woz.
Reverie
Reverie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sable-Xeno Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:22 pm

DimitriBarronmore wrote:The General Replay - Page 2 XLJcVo6
Vince: "You okay, dude?"

…He just sits there, on the spot, holding his legs close. Contemplating. Looking down at Vincent, and his…so-cool glasses.

Marcus: “…Not. Not really. I mean, I don’t really like seeing people fight like that, even if I’d just met. And…and I…I couldn’t do anything about it…”

…And now hanging his head in complete shame.

Marcus: “…Should probably go and help the rest of the guys, too, but…I can’t help. I’m still too weak…”

DimitriBarronmore wrote:The General Replay - Page 2 PmuwcD1

"What is this 401 about, I don't even like the 90's! I mean, there's wiggity-wack with it, but I'm a hella 2007 guy myself!"

The General Replay - Page 2 T4apxAF

"Wait... Gen Z? 90's kids? As if!"

The General Replay - Page 2 67jjP1H

"The concept of a 'generation' was first introduced by Karl Mannheim back in 1928. He theorized that people born in the 90’s be bussin, and only 90’s kids would remember the 90’s, 110 percent. These 90’s kids would be so fly they’d radicalize the geopolitical landscape, and make the next gen get jiggy wit it. The idea being that this is why young people tend to talk to the hand, and also Crash Bandicoot: Warped > Fortnite"

The General Replay - Page 2 NZhswt9

"The concept was later expanded on in popular culture to refer to any scrubs born hella close. As the world got more phat, the more kids from a certain decade were aiight with anotha. Definitions vary depending on who you ask, but it's usually accepted only kids born between 1981 and 1996 would ‘remember the 90’s.' These are the 90's kids, the ones who spent a significant portion of their childhood with the culturally relevant events of the 1990's."

The General Replay - Page 2 3g5KHxJ

"I was born in 1997, making me a Zoomer, like you said. I never really grew up with the 90's, since I was too young to be clownin’, and while I definitely think the 90's gaming was fly, I can't say it’s all that--"

ToonBlade wrote:He looks down and sees another pair of strange individuals. He steps forward a bit. "Uhh... what’s poppin’? I heard a scream."

The General Replay - Page 2 NEtRPuw

Grovy-Fresh: “…”

At first, it looked like Grovy-Fresh was trying to listen deeply to Scott Wozniak’s words…to the. Best of his ability. It seemed simply stating a dislike of the 90’s was enough to tick him off. But you had his attention for a good while there.

And then the rest of the party caught up, including our other-

Connor: “Oh my fucking god.”

Connor: “No.”

Connor: “Why him.”

Connor: “Why here.”

…Well! guess these guys are familiar with eachother! This bodes well. Grovy-Fresh seems unfazed, however, looking back at Scott.

The General Replay - Page 2 FGbw9wc
Grovy-Fresh: “…Well, I thought we’d be slammin’, but it seems you would rather stick to your guns. I can respect that.”

The General Replay - Page 2 H5xi6xy
Grovy-Fresh: “…What I CANNOT, though, is a bunch of BUZZKILLS trying to cramp my style while I’m trying to dip!”

The Saturated creature performs another kickflip off its bright, red skateboard. A battle stance, or just to look cool? Either way, it’s floating in place in the air as he rides it, now, practically geared to dash forward.

The General Replay - Page 2 D2cUBsQ
Grovy-Fresh: “You know what? Nah! I was just gonna bang up this Zoomer here and bounce, but I ain’t about this many buttmunchers wanting a piece of my shorts! So, change of plans: I’m gonna jack you all up!”

You don’t need to tell Connor twice to take up a defensive stance, that’s for sure, arms already up with his leaf blades glowing out from his arms. He mutters to himself before looking back at the rest of the party, not quite registering Scott here as a participant-

Connor: “Of all the people we could possibly face…everyone, stay on guard! I have no idea what this guy is capable of…!”

The General Replay - Page 2 OsHq4xJ

Sable-Xeno
Sable-Xeno

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiroko Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:20 pm

Author's note: I guess if we're going 90s, I'll throw my hat in the ring with my Millennial bullshit

The General Replay - Page 2 Genera10

Be nice everyone!!!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ravio was finally about to start a brave(r) new journey. Thanks to Link helping with Lorule, he could leave everything up for Hilda to take care of!!

He had the rupees, the inventory for sale and even a large enough bag for his shop!! All he was missing were customers!!

Turning to his cute companion he quipped, "We'll make it, right bud?"

Sheerow had nothing to say, just nodded their whole body and flitted about. Things were gonna be great!!

Until Ravio realized that....there was....a funky looking background...?behind said companion. Strange. They--stumbled upon a good-ole-fashioned 90s brawl. But he was excluded...

Must be the shopkeeper technicalities that allows him to just watch the brawl instead of partake in it.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's sidenote: Guess this will take a while!! May as well wait this thing out!!!
Hiroko
Hiroko

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverie Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:55 am

Connor: “Of all the people we could possibly face…everyone, stay on guard! I have no idea what this guy is capable of…!”

The Knight pulled out his blade reflexively, making a wide stance in order to go on the defensive. He would just have to wait and see what this fighting-fresh abomination had up its sleeve, especially as they had no real idea of how powerful it was. It wouldn't do to go completely overboard on the first turn.

"You know him?" the boy fired back. "I... didn't wanna assume you guys knew each other just because you were both plant people."

The General Replay - Page 2 Walw1UJ

"Plant-lizards, I mean."

Hiroko wrote:Must be the shopkeeper technicalities that allows him to just watch the brawl instead of partake in it.

The Knight turned his head slightly to the newcomer and shouted in their vague direction, not wanitng to take his eyes off Grovy-Fresh just yet. He didn't get a good look at them, but it probably wouldn't have affected his list of priorities at that moment either way.

The General Replay - Page 2 3sazxv4

"Hey!" he cried out. "Get yourself behind a rock or something!"

Meanwhile, Marisa had been running for quite some time.

"..."

The General Replay - Page 2 C5qD0y6

"..."

The General Replay - Page 2 BvODabA

"..."

"I have a broom."
Reverie
Reverie

Back to top Go down

Post by ToonBlade Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:04 am

Toon Link stood there, listening, staring, taking it all in. A guy who's clothes kept changing color, a plant thing who's clothes were all colors, and words that he's never heard of before. By the Great Sea, what is going on?!

"WHY IS LINK HERE?!"

The young hero jumped and stared at the nerdy manchild. He pointed at himself with confusion, then at the Woz. "How do you know my name?!"

Sable-Xeno wrote:The General Replay - Page 2 D2cUBsQ
*G R O V Y - F R E S H   S P E A K*

Link had sailed the seas for a while now, encountering different cultures and peoples along the way. He's heard plenty of varying accents, from the cool sounding, to quirky ones, to impossible to understand ones. All the slang and regional terms there can be about the mundane things common to all islands, as well as to the unique, defining characteristics of every settled isle. But this... this is entirely new to him. Still, he's been around enough people, especially enough sailors and pirates, to get a feeling when he's being cussed out.

He frowns, his eyes determined and his lips a small, thing pout. He points at Grovy-Fresh. "I have no idea what you just said, but I think that was an insult. Take it back, or I'll shove my sword up your--"

... Yeah, perhaps having a child hang around sailors and pirates after fighting off ancient evils ain't the best thing for  it's young, impressionable mind, but at least he has allies!

Link huffs and raises his shield. His sword was already in hand, and he assumes a battle stance, ready to fight!
ToonBlade
ToonBlade

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:41 am

Tooner-Tastic wrote:Chell blinks and shakes her head, just after the yelling. She spaced out hard there, whew! Must still be getting used to being outside the labs.
She looks around and sees..no one around. But she did hear screaming, so there must be something going on. She goes in that general direction to now see...a normal enough looking human. No renaissance festival looking outfits there, just a normal person. Thank goodness.
DimitriBarronmore wrote:"WHY IS LINK HERE?!"
She blinks and looks at the small teen boy. His name is LINK??? Who names their kid after a website address???
*Unbeknownst to Chell, she had picked up an unexpected hitchhiker. Clinging onto the companion cube strapped to Chell's back was, bizarrely a baby with cake icing all over her face.*
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tooner-Tastic Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:50 am

Regiwi wrote:*Unbeknownst to Chell, she had picked up an unexpected hitchhiker. Clinging onto the companion cube strapped to Chell's back was, bizarrely a baby with cake icing all over her face.*
Chell is unsure of what in the world is going on in this situation. She looks behind her to look at her friendly companion cube, and sees...a baby. She blinks and stares at this baby, confused as all hell. When did it get on her companion cube?? And how?? Why is this place she fell into SO FREAKING WEIRD??
Tooner-Tastic
Tooner-Tastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next