Case Files Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The General Replay

+5
Aliucon
Tooner-Tastic
ToonBlade
DimitriBarronmore
Sable-Xeno
9 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The General Replay - Page 7 Empty Re: The General Replay

Post by Sable-Xeno Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:27 am

Reverie wrote:The General Replay - Page 7 3J4ryJk

“. . . Firion!”

So this wasn’t an illusory trick from any fiendish devil…Onion Knight, he must really be here, in the flesh, just as those others he faced were…as he dashed closer, a thought does run past his mind as to why, as well as what these others around here are doing, but as his attention turns towards that dust cloud…

The General Replay - Page 7 RzOoLX6
Firion: “…I’m guessing we’ll need to save the pleasantries for later. Seems you’ve your hands full..”

…He decides those questions may be best saved for after combat. He pulls out a crimson-red bow, notching an arrow as he takes close aim, waiting for Onion Knight’s mark.

The General Replay - Page 7 TV8ABEU
Firion: “…I’ll give it all I have.”

The General Replay - Page 7 KNCs7jmThe General Replay - Page 7 PjJ3zmT
I’m also just gonna have Marcus and Connor on standby until Nightwing gives a general direction or Spidey makes another move.

Ravio wrote:”Oops! Oops! Oops! Oops!”

explodes

Well that doesn’t look too good. Thankfully…the other competent grovyle here still has a trick up his sleeve, and enough conscience to see the giant rock hurtling towards the three. So, shuffling weakly through his bag, he pulls out…an orb-shaped object (evidently he has a lot of those), and…

The General Replay - Page 7 W5852RU
Grovyle: “…Here’s hoping this works…”

…A beam of light surrounds Anna, Scott and Grovyle as they’re warped up into the sky…and back down onto the ground, a short distance from the rest of the battleground.

Regiwi wrote:*The door opens and a figure steps out. He's holding a tripod and some sort of device which he sets up and starts examining. If anyone noticed him before they might notice he seems to have changed his outfit despite seemingly just seconds passing since he left.*
The General Replay - Page 7 5NdWVav

As Xan calmly and slowly steps out from the stairs on the roof, that’s justwhen he sees him: a figure that feels familiar, but not too not familiar…it takes him a minute to wrack his brain on exactly why,, but once he gets a closer look at that leather jacket, and that short black hair…

…And then he sees the PECKING TARDIS and it all clicks into place.

The General Replay - Page 7 CQjOHNh
Xan: “You’re…”

Playlist of Memories - Coffee and TV

So give me coffee and TV, easily
I've seen so much, I'm going blind
And I'm brain-dead virtually

Xan wrote:

The Telly was always something more of a rare reward than a daily amenity in the Xela household.

Never the medium of choice for Nathan Xela, father of the household, always taking second place to the Gramophone or the Radio…even into the 90’s, when TV has already killed the radio star. And not for lack of resources: Xander’s family was exceedingly rich, and housed in their plain white mansion a perfectly-fitted sitting room, and a giant television set: a rarity during those years.

Xan’s upbringing is a long story told in of itself, one that will no doubt be told time and time again…but for now, all you need know is that his priveledge to watch the screen was quite limited. Only after doing his work, only during supervised hours, and only a choice of selected channels. Mainly the BBC and its plethora of learning curriculum, though young Xan was always adamant about watching the Saturday morning cartoons…namely, Danger Mouse.

But that’s not all he remembered from watching the TV, now is it?

His supervised attachment to the BBC carried on into his young adulthood, and the job his parents raised him for…one that happened to have its own sparingly-used small TV. It wasn’t…the MOST boring job, but it did involve a lot of sitting. And after-hours. So, with minimal knowledge of Televised Programming and faint memories of what his father had interest in…what else was he to do but tune in every now and then…

…And of course, in 2005, they rebooted that one critically-acclaimed show, didn’t they? Doctor Who. Not one Xan had very intimate understanding of mostly because I haven’t watched it yet, oops, but one he could sometimes catch his own father catching old airings of. Perhaps…if he looked into the same sort of stuff his father did, maybe he could be as successful? That’s the kind of thought that ran in his head back then. Not a…long-standing on, thankfully. Young Xan eventually grew his own tastes…watched things he felt he’d like. But this show…it kept him hooked for a while back then. All the way up through the 10th Doctor’s run…

…All the way up until those last days in that humble, small office. The day he had that fateful argument with father, and

…Xan pauses, right wing coasting over his crystal eye….caressing it. A few seconds he finds himself lost in thought there…slowly lowering his wing, focusing his attention back up.

The General Replay - Page 7 7OKaAkI
Xan: “…You’re Doctor Who…aren’t you?”

He won’t yet beckon the child closer. He can’t be sure yet if this isn’t just his own imagination playing tricks…
Sable-Xeno
Sable-Xeno

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiroko Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:43 am

explodes

Author’s Note: …Is Ravio gonna ever notice that Sheerow can find it…?

In a very boring part of Chicago, Ravio’s handler takes a long swig of her overly-priced taro bubble tea before leaning over her over-worked laptop. She couldn’t help it, his plight was serving as a vastly surprising amount of delight from fucking over her own character. Now she just had to decide wether it was worth it to end or prolong his suffering.

Frankly, as un-altruistic as it sounded, Ravio’s handler was deriving much-too-much entertainment from his cowardly scuffle. Something about was just funny.

“Grovyle” wrote: A beam of light surrounds Anna, Scott and Grovyle as they’re warped up into the sky…and back down onto the ground, a short distance from the rest of the battleground.

Author’s Note: I guess I’ll just see how this plays out. ;3
Hiroko
Hiroko

Back to top Go down

Post by ToonBlade Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:24 am

Regiwi wrote:*Nightwing would pick up on a figure standing within the dust cloud, it was not just the figure alone however, he was holding something over his head, something the size of a car.*
The General Replay - Page 7 OSNbssy
*The dust clears and he sees his targets, held over his head is a fragment of the giant rock he'd smashed into, about the size of a car. The parasite realises that these heroes all seem to share one feature, they're not edgy 90s anti-heroes who are purely dedicated to hunting down enemies, this meant if he wanted to throw them off, simply attacking them wouldn't work.*
The General Replay - Page 7 5QjVd8F

*His attention therefore turned to the others on the island currently with them, Scott, the shopkeepers and his former host. He uses his considerable strength to throw the giant rock towards this group of non-combatants. It's speed was such that the others would have a chance to stop it, but they would have to act now rather than formulate any plan before it made contact.*
The General Replay - Page 7 YKNWIgw
!

Nightwing kept a close eye on his target. His body was tense, ready to move at a moment's notice to react to his foe's next move. When Spidey moved to attack, not Nightwing or the other warriors but the civilians on the side, he did the only thing he could do.

He leapt into action.

Gritting his teeth, Nightwing broke into a run to tackle the civilians to safety. However, as he ran...

Sable-Xeno wrote:The General Replay - Page 7 W5852RU

…A beam of light surrounds Anna, Scott and Grovyle as they’re warped up into the sky…and back down onto the ground, a short distance from the rest of the battleground.

Nightwing stops to shield his eyes, then sees the small band has disappeared, and is now safe. He breathes a sigh of relief now that they're safe. The relief is short-lived, however, and is now replaced by anger. He looks up to glare at Spider-man.

The General Replay - Page 7 HTQky1D

"Alright, buddy, now I'm mad. I'm all for distractions and diversionary tactics, but that is just low."

He raises his escrima sticks, then charges at the webhead. As he runs, Nightwing presses a button on his absurdly versatile weapons, causing the ends of the sticks to crackle with electricity. Should he reach Spider-man, Nightwing will open with a barrage of quick jabs.

---

Regiwi wrote:*Mayday looks at the young hero, she holds out her arm then shoots a tiny bit of webbing at his shield. This time she doesn't look like she's having fun with this still with a sad expression.*
The General Replay - Page 7 1ZJFFlU

Link blinks, looking at his shield, the web, and back at Mayday. He frowns, trying to figure out what she meant. Slowly, he pieces it together.

"That man, he's family. Your dad, maybe?" he asks, leaning forward. His eyes are wide and look at her sadly, his face full of sympathy towards the young child.

---

Young Koichi Haimawari is confused. One moment he's in a private airplane on the way to New York, the next he goes to the bathroom and winds up... uhh... where is this, exactly? Doesn't look like Naruhata ward, or any other part of Tokyo he's seen. He's left Japan, so this shouldn't be Japan... he thinks. He looks around as people scream and run away from a weird dragon thing, with a weird motorcycle thing going around it. He sees the destruction wrought by the monster, and knows what he must do. There's just one small problem.

He doesn't have an All Might hoodie! He can't spring into action without a way to cover his identity! He doesn't know where he is, so he can't risk getting into more legal trouble by just using his quirk willy-nilly. Even though using his quirk while wearing an All Might hoodie would be even more of a giveaway to his identity, but he's too dumb to realize that.

He looks around and, conveniently, sees a merch vendor! And he's got a Ho Chi Minh City exclusive regional All Might hoodie! How did Officially Licensed All Might™ wind up here? Don't worry about it.

Koichi goes up to the vendor, points at the hoodie, then gives the man all the money in his wallet. The vendor accepts it, he can worry about conversion later, for now he has to save his skin.

Koichi smiles and puts on the hoodie, already feeling the powers it bestows upon believers like him. Thankfully, he had a regular medical mask in his pocked, and he puts it on, completing his classic costume. He stands tall, looking toward where they mighty dragon flies.

The General Replay - Page 7 8GketYJ

"I'm the man who's suited up and ready to... t-to..."

The look of confidence fades as he starts hoping from one foot to another.

The General Replay - Page 7 XSG5vUw

"Hhhng. To go to the bathroom!!"

He looks around, trying to find someplace to go. Thankfully, a conveniently placed restaurant is down the street. He runs in, goes past everyone, slams the door to the bathroom open and goes in.
ToonBlade
ToonBlade

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:04 pm

((Sorry, I was waiting to give everyone a chance to react to the rock being thrown before making the next move with Spidey, but it feels like if I wait longer too much will have happened for him to do what I originally planned, so I might have to just go ahead with that here as I meant for him to take advantage of everyone being thrown off by the first rock to do this as they're reacting to it. If this is too much tell me and I'll change it.))
Sable-Xeno wrote:…He decides those questions may be best saved for after combat. He pulls out a crimson-red bow, notching an arrow as he takes close aim, waiting for Onion Knight’s mark.

The General Replay - Page 7 KNCs7jmThe General Replay - Page 7 PjJ3zmT
I’m also just gonna have Marcus and Connor on standby until Nightwing gives a general direction or Spidey makes another move.

ToonBlade wrote:Nightwing stops to shield his eyes, then sees the small band has disappeared, and is now safe. He breathes a sigh of relief now that they're safe. The relief is short-lived, however, and is now replaced by anger. He looks up to glare at Spider-man.

The General Replay - Page 7 HTQky1D

"Alright, buddy, now I'm mad. I'm all for distractions and diversionary tactics, but that is just low."

He raises his escrima sticks, then charges at the webhead. As he runs, Nightwing presses a button on his absurdly versatile weapons, causing the ends of the sticks to crackle with electricity. Should he reach Spider-man, Nightwing will open with a barrage of quick jabs.
*Having distracted the fighters with the rock approaching the non-combatants, the Parasite has already put the next part of his plan into action. Shooting a web at a rock and sturdy tree nearby he picks up the second large chunk of rock from the debris he had landed in, this one was half the size of the one he'd thrown before. Pulling it back with the two weblines attached to the scenery like a slingshot, the Black Suited figure releases it, aimed at the group of heroes who have now turned their attention back to him. This rock is flying right at them this time, the first rock being a distraction to gather the group together so this one could be fired at them.*
The General Replay - Page 7 BJAK0M4
Grovyle wrote:Well that doesn’t look too good. Thankfully…the other competent grovyle here still has a trick up his sleeve, and enough conscience to see the giant rock hurtling towards the three. So, shuffling weakly through his bag, he pulls out…an orb-shaped object (evidently he has a lot of those), and…

The General Replay - Page 7 Mu2lruA
...Phew... I was worried I'd have to shut up shop for good...
Hiroko wrote:

explodes

Author’s Note: …Is Ravio gonna ever notice that Sheerow can find it…?

In a very boring part of Chicago, Ravio’s handler takes a long swig of her overly-priced taro bubble tea before leaning over her over-worked laptop. She couldn’t help it, his plight was serving as a vastly surprising amount of delight from fucking over her own character. Now she just had to decide wether it was worth it to end or prolong his suffering.

Frankly, as un-altruistic as it sounded, Ravio’s handler was deriving much-too-much entertainment from his cowardly scuffle. Something about was just funny.

“Grovyle” wrote: A beam of light surrounds Anna, Scott and Grovyle as they’re warped up into the sky…and back down onto the ground, a short distance from the rest of the battleground.

Author’s Note: I guess I’ll just see how this plays out. ;3
The General Replay - Page 7 SeqRFG4
So you'll be handing my stock back now then, right?

Toon Link wrote:Link blinks, looking at his shield, the web, and back at Mayday. He frowns, trying to figure out what she meant. Slowly, he pieces it together.

"That man, he's family. Your dad, maybe?" he asks, leaning forward. His eyes are wide and look at her sadly, his face full of sympathy towards the young child.
*Mayday looks sadly up again towards the ongoing battle and the figure of her Father, or what had now taken over her Father.*
The General Replay - Page 7 RHpuFL2

*Then, first the strange rabbit guy followed by the rest of the group appear seemingly out of nowhere. Seeing them alright seems to cheer her up a little, she also starts staring rather intensely at one of them.*
The General Replay - Page 7 WWionZV
Hm?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sable-Xeno wrote:The General Replay - Page 7 7OKaAkI

He won’t yet beckon the child closer. He can’t be sure yet if this isn’t just his own imagination playing tricks…
*The Doctor was thrown off for a minute, he had it all planned, anyone came to bother him, he'd do his usual, carry on with what he was doing, ignore them mostly and hope they went away before he made a quick escape. He couldn't ignore this though.*
The General Replay - Page 7 Nb3ziDk
Doctor Who? Who on earth would call himself Doctor Who? What do I look like I'm in some colourful comic book costume or something?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ToonBlade wrote:The General Replay - Page 7 XSG5vUw

He looks around, trying to find someplace to go. Thankfully, a conveniently placed restaurant is down the street. He runs in, goes past everyone, slams the door to the bathroom open and goes in.
*Amongst the fighting, screaming, loud roars of motorcycles and giant dragons, there's a hero who's absolutely shocked.*
The General Replay - Page 7 IAKvtbu
WOW!
The General Replay - Page 7 RL9xMhV
The General Replay - Page 7 Bdf5gKD
Octorok! I'm so hungry!

*He hands over Rubees before he gets told to go get some real money.*
The General Replay - Page 7 M9WypkD
No Rubees? No Octorok?
The General Replay - Page 7 FZWSiJz
...Fuck.
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sable-Xeno Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:13 pm

Regiwi wrote:The General Replay - Page 7 Nb3ziDk
Doctor Who? Who on earth would call himself Doctor Who? What do I look like I'm in some colourful comic book costume or something?

And immediately the narrator’s illusion of context crumbles, like a house of cards…

Speaking of crumbling, Xan’s calm facade also crumbles, realizing his own illusion of pre-conceived knowledge in this situation will not at all help as someone who hasn’t seen the show he vaguely remembers for a good 10 years now.

The General Replay - Page 7 61Ji42g
Xan: “Well, I…uh…”

Xan: “…Right, my mistake. Ah, let’s start over…my name is Xander Xela. And you…uh. You’re someone I’ve heard a decent amount of.”

Xan: “…Truth is, I don’t know where I am or how I got here, and I’ve been traveling with another who’s been equally lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated…”
Sable-Xeno
Sable-Xeno

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverie Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:54 pm

Regiwi wrote:The General Replay - Page 7 LjFqiL4
Now that's more like it, One million credits! Do I hear anything higher?

*The private accountants every villain present seems to have brought start murmuring and whispering to their clients.*

Aliucon wrote:The General Replay - Page 7 Sou2

"It's hard to fathom, especially for the young. One hundred people is a lot, isn't it? Imagine each of those people would lead a small force of 99 soldiers. The result is a huge number of people... but you'd need that exact scenario to happen 99 more times in order to count up to a million alone."

Ted bristled at the sound of the uproar around him. Or, perhaps more correctly, the quiet murmur. Whatever it was he had been trying to accomplish had fallen flat. Instead of applauding his generous bid, the room was barely looking at him. They were all busying themselves with their next counter-offer, which meant they could be there all day. Ted didn't realy have time for an all-day kind of event, but leaving without that gem was out of the question.

He moseyed on over to the nearby bar, a streched smile finding its way onto his face as he cornered the bartender. Trying to seem as casual and not-out-of-place as he could, the human Duplo brick bothered the well-suited man for a fancy-looking martini that seemed more the colour of strong cider. At the same time, he managed to weasel out of him the conversion rate between credits and the US dollar in 2065.

DimitriBarronmore wrote: The General Replay - Page 7 W59z6uO

"Two and a half million credits."

Ted wormed his way back into the middle of the room, a half-empty martini glass in one hand and a wet olive in the other. He pointed his least full hand at the auction master with a sly grin on his face and stepped closer.

"I'll see you twenty ... milion credits! No, twenty-five!" the worn man cried out, every muscle in his face pulling double shifts to keep going in spite of his many surgeries.

Aliucon wrote:The General Replay - Page 7 Kalin2

"Tch... I can still do more. I'm not leaving this up to fate yet."

ToonBlade wrote:The General Replay - Page 7 8GketYJ

"Hhhng. To go to the bathroom!!

Regiwi wrote:The General Replay - Page 7 FZWSiJz
...Fuck.

Slifer began in a temper, enraged that his first prey had managed to escape his onsalught with nothing more than a bloody nose and disgusted by the two newcomers in general. He beat his wings harshly in an attempt to scare them off.

Aliucon wrote:Kalin had established two monsters on the field, and 3 face-down cards. Infernity Archfiend's effect goes into chain first, which would enable him to go further. However...

He found himself quite unaware of Slifer's effects, which might kick in exactly at this point.

Because Kalin had summoned monsters to the field, on an ordinary day, this would have triggered Slifer's effect and either reduced their attack or destroyed them altogether. However, instead of this, there was a ethereal glow around the great drake and a colossal duel coat settled onto the divine beast's bosy. It was a huge, metallic thing, held in place by no small number of straps, belts, and sashes. And with Slifer no longer being a monster at play, but a player, his effects were nullified for the time being.

With a growl, he reisted the urge to kill the BNHA fanboy on his way to find a bathroom and instead drew his hand out - handsfree. The cards glided through the air and stopped in front of him obediently.

Turn 2 wrote:First, with a full hand, Slifer played a single monster in attack position. Imperial Bower.

He activated Imperial Bower's effect, special summoning Queen's Knight in defence position and King's Knight to the field in attack position by tributing the lone Bower.

He set a single spell/trap on the field, then moved onto his battle phase.

Slifer attacked the opposing Infernity Sage with King's Knight.

DimitriBarronmore wrote:Yeah, well, there's not much she can do about that. She'd like to stop associating with the human race as much as the next guy, but some people don't get to die and come back as annoying pesudo-ghosts.

* That feels pointed. Careful, Frisk. Your text will turn green.

DimitriBarronmore wrote:It's around this point that Frisk stubbornly stops paying attention to the voice in her head as best as she can manage. There's no point awarding needling with attention.

* Very mature.

DimitriBarronmore wrote:Don't take this the wrong way but she was planning to let Xan take the lead to begin with. Let the monster run into potential danger first, they're more durable. Unless it's a human, or some other purely physical threat up there. In which case he can probably still take a hit and run. Probably. She'll watch him and improvise.

*Oh, that is good. I'm relieved to discover you've developed the ability to scapegoat.

DimitriBarronmore wrote:And anyways, how is he 'unfortunate-looking'?

* Until he started talking, I was convinced he was a children's toy.

Sable-Xeno wrote:The General Replay - Page 7 CQjOHNh
Xan: “You’re…”

Xan: “…Right, my mistake. Ah, let’s start over…my name is Xander Xela. And you…uh. You’re someone I’ve heard a decent amount of.”

Xan: “…Truth is, I don’t know where I am or how I got here, and I’ve been traveling with another who’s been equally lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated…”

Sable-Xeno wrote:The General Replay - Page 7 RzOoLX6
Firion: “…I’m guessing we’ll need to save the pleasantries for later. Seems you’ve your hands full..”

The General Replay - Page 7 0r1QwbO

"Y-Yeah! Just a little! It's not a big deal, though."

Regiwi wrote:*His attention therefore turned to the others on the island currently with them, Scott, the shopkeepers and his former host. He uses his considerable strength to throw the giant rock towards this group of non-combatants. It's speed was such that the others would have a chance to stop it, but they would have to act now rather than formulate any plan before it made contact.*
The General Replay - Page 7 YKNWIgw
!

He woudn't dare, the Knight thought. He had seen many an unsconscionable act, but this was ... well, it was unconscionable, he guessed.

Sable-Xeno wrote:…He decides those questions may be best saved for after combat. He pulls out a crimson-red bow, notching an arrow as he takes close aim, waiting for Onion Knight’s mark.

Until this moment, the Onion Knight had been just ever so slightly distracted by his old friend's arrival, something he had not anticipated. It had broken his insofar unbroken concentration for a few seconds, meaning he was not able to react in a timely manner to the sudden atack. Even if he had been, there was no guarantee he would have gotten there in time to stop the attack on the innocents of the party.

ToonBlade wrote:He raises his escrima sticks, then charges at the webhead. As he runs, Nightwing presses a button on his absurdly versatile weapons, causing the ends of the sticks to crackle with electricity.

Regiwi wrote:*Having distracted the fighters with the rock approaching the non-combatants, the Parasite has already put the next part of his plan into action. Shooting a web at a rock and sturdy tree nearby he picks up the second large chunk of rock from the debris he had landed in, this one was half the size of the one he'd thrown before. Pulling it back with the two weblines attached to the scenery like a slingshot, the Black Suited figure releases it, aimed at the group of heroes who have now turned their attention back to him. This rock is flying right at them this time, the first rock being a distraction to gather the group together so this one could be fired at them.*

The General Replay - Page 7 WwD1mG1

"Firion, you got any bright ideas?" the boy shouted behind him as held his blade out, wracking his brain for any kind of counter to the incoming boulder.

Marisa, for what it was worth, watched the ongoing chaos with something akin to wonder just behind Onion Knight and Firion. She didn't see Butterscotch at all as she was conveniently obscured by a small shrub rising out of a crack in the ground. Probably the only one for a good hundred metres.
Reverie
Reverie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tooner-Tastic Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:35 am

Regiwi wrote:
ToonBlade wrote:
Link groans as he gets up, then shakes his head, blinking after, now getting his bearings. He frowns and looks around, noticing everything's slightly different than it was before. He then sees that the fight continued, though much further away now. He frowns, then looks at Chell, his eyebrow raised a bit. He then notices Mayday staring to where the battle rages, towards the former ally/now enemy.

He blinks and reaches out to her. "Hey, what's wrong? Do you know that man...?"
*Mayday looks at the young hero, she holds out her arm then shoots a tiny bit of webbing at his shield. This time she doesn't look like she's having fun with this still with a sad expression.*

Chell looks at Mayday, trying to process and think, but then..

ToonBlade wrote:Link blinks, looking at his shield, the web, and back at Mayday. He frowns, trying to figure out what she meant. Slowly, he pieces it together.

Chell looks at the elf child, blinking, then noticing the web on his shield and then Mayday's. She looks at Mayday with concern and worry. That's her dad..?

Regiwi wrote:*Mayday looks sadly up again towards the ongoing battle and the figure of her Father, or what had now taken over her Father.*

*Then, first the strange rabbit guy followed by the rest of the group appear seemingly out of nowhere. Seeing them alright seems to cheer her up a little, she also starts staring rather intensely at one of them.*
Chell stands up and keeps her eyes on Mayday, giving her a somewhat calm, comforting smile, and motions her hands, both being closed fists(though you can't see it with her portal gun on, but shhh), across her chest. She'll...try and figure out what to do, and keep her safe!

Aloy runs, reaching the city quickly and seeing the situation unfold. A...large winged creature, and some other things happening....

ToonBlade wrote:The General Replay - Page 7 8GketYJ

Regiwi wrote:
*Amongst the fighting, screaming, loud roars of motorcycles and giant dragons, there's a hero who's absolutely shocked.*
WOW!
The General Replay - Page 7 RL9xMhV
The General Replay - Page 7 Bdf5gKD
Octorok! I'm so hungry!

*He hands over Rubees before he gets told to go get some real money.*
The General Replay - Page 7 M9WypkD
No Rubees? No Octorok?
The General Replay - Page 7 FZWSiJz
...Fuck.

Reverie wrote:Slifer began in a temper, enraged that his first prey had managed to escape his onsalught with nothing more than a bloody nose and disgusted by the two newcomers in general. He beat his wings harshly in an attempt to scare them off.

Aliucon wrote:Kalin had established two monsters on the field, and 3 face-down cards. Infernity Archfiend's effect goes into chain first, which would enable him to go further. However...

He found himself quite unaware of Slifer's effects, which might kick in exactly at this point.

Because Kalin had summoned monsters to the field, on an ordinary day, this would have triggered Slifer's effect and either reduced their attack or destroyed them altogether. However, instead of this, there was a ethereal glow around the great drake and a colossal duel coat settled onto the divine beast's bosy. It was a huge, metallic thing, held in place by no small number of straps, belts, and sashes. And with Slifer no longer being a monster at play, but a player, his effects were nullified for the time being.

With a growl, he reisted the urge to kill the BNHA fanboy on his way to find a bathroom and instead drew his hand out - handsfree. The cards glided through the air and stopped in front of him obediently.

Aloy makes a face, confused by all that is happening, and the colorful people, but..She plans her move. She runs to a small alley, takes a slow, deep breath. She then loads an arrow for her bow, then steps out, aims, and shoots for the dragon causing all the chaos.
Tooner-Tastic
Tooner-Tastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:59 am

As Vince dashed into action, Butterscotch moved a bit too. Surprisingly, she moved it so that the convenient bush nearby kept her hidden from whichever vantage point Marisa was at. Not that the candy witch could do much with it, though. Vince was already further ahead than she could have believed in a small amount of time, and with the newly thrown rock and the gathering of heroes, things seemed as hectic as ever.

She actually raised her arm to cast something at the rock, but it was moving too fast for her to predict where to put something. She'd cover Vince or do something aimed at Spider-Man, but-

In a weird turn of events, she couldn't see him anymore from that angle.

The General Replay - Page 7 Icon8

"Huh...?"

She decided to keep an arm raised, trying to discern where to best form... something. Actually, could she just make a snack for them in the meantime? ... Eh, didn't seem like it'd be the best use of the magic now.

Meanwhile, in the distance (way behind Butterscotch), the area seemed to start getting unusually foggy.

---

The General Replay - Page 7 Kalin4

"Agh!"

Slifer's wingbeat created a gust of wind that sent Kalin's motorcycle swerving wildly away from it. When he tried to reign it in and get control, his wild movement caused his Duel Runner to slam hard on the stand (or was it a restaurant?) where they were serving squids prepared in the barbecue. The squids went everywhere, potentially right at Link and, if it really WAS a restaurant, right up to the door of the nearest bathroom in the establishment.

When Kalin got his bearings, he couldn't stop to apologize- He felt like that monster targetted him with one attack, and it'd be bad if he did it again while there were other people around. Including one very curious looking, green-tunic wearing hero.

"Sorry. No time to explain- run from this place!"

Hitting the pedal to the metal, he'd start going full throttle forward, rejoining the holograms of his monsters.

But then...

Slifer the Sky Dragon wrote:Because Kalin had summoned monsters to the field, on an ordinary day, this would have triggered Slifer's effect and either reduced their attack or destroyed them altogether. However, instead of this, there was a ethereal glow around the great drake and a colossal duel coat settled onto the divine beast's body. It was a huge, metallic thing, held in place by no small number of straps, belts, and sashes.

The General Replay - Page 7 Kalin5

"... What?"

He didn't have the presence of mind to judge the fashion statement- that was undoubtedly a duel coat. And with the cards appearing thereafter, right on cue, he knew. What he attempted had work.

They were Dueling.

He also realized something else. When King's Knight swung his sword down on Infernity Sage, and the sage was destroyed in glorious holographic pieces, Kalin felt a sting of pain and looked down at the counter. Life Points were up, and he was down 1200 of them. 2800 more to go.

He was too slow in the uptake. But the good thing was that now, he was in his element.

Aloy wrote:Aloy makes a face, confused by all that is happening, and the colorful people, but..She plans her move. She runs to a small alley, takes a slow, deep breath. She then loads an arrow for her bow, then steps out, aims, and shoots for the dragon causing all the chaos.

He only noticed the arrow when it was already a good way towards Slifer. His instinct was to stray as far as possible from it- not out of fear, but to keep Slifer's attention divided.

And from there, he could continue.

Kalin wrote:The General Replay - Page 7 Kalin6

"You may have taken down Infernity Sage, but since this is a new turn, his effect when he gets sent to the graveyard activates again. I'll send Infernity Avenger to the graveyard. And now... My turn!"

With this, and assuming this is a position for him to take Turn 3, Kalin would swipe his hand in an arc to snag the next card. Just a side-glance (which would totally be made into a split-screen dramatic pan if one was watching this somewhere) revealed it to be Infernity Patriarch.

The General Replay - Page 7 Kalin2

"I summon Infernity Mirage!"

The small tribal-like being formed and floated along with Archfiend, staring in the direction of the poker knights. Kalin then flipped the remaining card in his hand.

"Since this is the only card left in my hand, I can Special Summon it! Come, Infernity Patriarch!"

Different from the others, this monster, looking like an old man carrying a large book, floated behind the others, closer to the top of Kalin's Duel Runner. Seemed like it was in Defense Position. Kalin then waved his hand before his face, holding it in place just for a moment as he gathered up speed.

The General Replay - Page 7 Kalin1

"My hand's empty, which allows me to use Infernity Mirage's effect. By sending it to the graveyard, I get to Special Summon 2 Infernity monsters from it right back to the field. Infernity Sage and Infernity Avenger return."

Mirage's visage grew more and more distorted, and from it, both the image of the aforementioned monsters separated from the mass and got on their way. Both were in Defense Position as well.

"Though it tempts the darkness within me, I've got no choice. My level 4 Infernity Archfiend resonates with the level 2 Infernity Sage."

The named monsters moved forward even faster than the others, fast enough that they became a blur, and in a spectacle of speed and light, they burst into another creature altogether. Taller, more menacing, and with an aura that demanded reverence.

"Synchro Summon!"

The General Replay - Page 7 Kalin3

"I call forth Infernity Doom Archfiend!"

As he did so, Kalin's Duel Runner seemed to speed up, despite the fact he had already been hitting the gas continually for a while now.

"Once again, Infernity Sage leaves the field, and once again it enables me to send cards there. I'll send Infernity Doom Slinger. But more importantly- Infernity Doom Archfiend's effect activates!" He pointed in the direction of King's Knight. "I can negate the effects of one of your monsters, and destroy it if I have no cards in my hand!"

Now it was up to whether Slifer had any defenses. If he didn't, the natural thing to do would be to move to battle and attack over the remaining Queen's Knight. If that were to happen, Kalin would have another line.

"Something else you should know. Since I have no cards in my hand, Infernity Doom Archfiend can inflict double damage upon you if it battles a monster! Now attack, Infernity Doom Archfiend! Doomsday Infernal Pressure!"
Aliucon
Aliucon

Sable-Xeno likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverie Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:56 am

Aliucon wrote:He only noticed the arrow when it was already a good way towards Slifer. His instinct was to stray as far as possible from it- not out of fear, but to keep Slifer's attention divided.

The towering, pseudo-mechanical creature made a strained noise, raising its tail as if to swat at Aloy as her arrows pierced its armoured hide, though the damage was small so far. Kalin's efforts to bring his attention back onto him worked, however, and  he soon let his threatening posture relax to focus on the duel.

Aliucon wrote:"But more importantly- Infernity Doom Archfiend's effect activates!" He pointed in the direction of King's Knight. "I can negate the effects of one of your monsters, and destroy it if I have no cards in my hand!"

Now it was up to whether Slifer had any defenses. If he didn't, the natural thing to do would be to move to battle and attack over the remaining Queen's Knight. If that were to happen, Kalin would have another line.

Another brief look down at the monster's hand, then the field. Slifer pushed his claws out, signalling the set card on his sideof the field and made a short, unsettled noise.

Turn 3 cont. wrote:The great beast activated the face down trap in response to Kalin's activation of Infernity Doom Archfiend's effect.

Joker's Wild came into play, giving Slifer the opportunity to send Face Card Fusion directly from the deck to the graveyard whilst indirectly triggering its effect.

This allowed the dragon to fusion summon Arcana Knight Joker in attack position by tributing the King's Knight and Queen's Knight from the field as well as a single Jack's Knight from the deck.

And where did Slifer place the fusion summoned monster?

Who cares? In a monster zone, I guess, Slifer thought to himself.

Fuck Links and especially fuck Pendulums.
Reverie
Reverie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiroko Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:40 am

Regiwi wrote:The General Replay - Page 7 Mu2lruA
...Phew... I was worried I'd have to shut up shop for good...

The General Replay - Page 7 SeqRFG4
So you'll be handing my stock back now then, right?

"M-Ms. Anna!!" Ravio yelped.

He was in deep shit, he didn't want to be in deep shit. He just wanted to not die. He figured that was probably what was gonna happen anyway at the hands of this unassuming lady and her thousand-dagger glare. What was he gonna say? 'Sorry I can't find the staves you just fucking gave to me. Please don't murder me into a million lifetimes!'

Sheerow pops their head out from the pocket they were stowed in, only to be promptly taken out and held like a shield between him and Anna. Poor Ravio quakes and shakes so hard, he doesn't notice baby Mayday staring at him and the group.

"I-I can explain!! This isn't what it looks like!!"

Meanwhile, in a Hyrule many forget exist. The four Links were about to store their portion of the Four Sword back into its stone.

Vaati the Wind Sorcerer had just been defeated, their Hyrule recently saved and--frankly--they were all starting to get a little annoyed at the existential phenomenon of dealing with themselves split into four distinct Links (and strangely each other as separate beings).

All was well, until they blinked and realized they weren't in their Hyrule any longer. And Green was gone...?

The General Replay - Page 7 Red_110
"Huh...?"

The General Replay - Page 7 Vio_3110
"...What...?"

The General Replay - Page 7 Blue_310
"The fu--!!"

The General Replay - Page 7 Vio_610
"Don't curse."
Hiroko
Hiroko

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:46 pm

((Holding off with Spider-man so Firion and Nightwing get a chance to react to the rock coming towards them.))
Sable-Xeno wrote:And immediately the narrator’s illusion of context crumbles, like a house of cards…

Speaking of crumbling, Xan’s calm facade also crumbles, realizing his own illusion of pre-conceived knowledge in this situation will not at all help as someone who hasn’t seen the show he vaguely remembers for a good 10 years now.

The General Replay - Page 7 61Ji42g
Xan: “Well, I…uh…”

*The man reacts somewhat dismissively of them.*
The General Replay - Page 7 IBE5Mja
Oh really? Sorry to hear that-

*He then catches sight of Frisk seemingly trying to stay hidden slightly in the doorway. His whole demeaner changes somewhat.*
...There's nowhere to go. You're in a dead city, worse a city that's lost it's whole purpose, everything that mattered here... well it doesn't matter anymore.

*He then turns and starts looking at his device again.*
The General Replay - Page 7 YGnFCmm
Two dragons, fighting in front of the sun... now it looks like one's roughly over...
The General Replay - Page 7 LmGS4Fp
Well, that's all I needed.

*He starts turning off the device and dismantling it.*
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reverie wrote:Ted wormed his way back into the middle of the room, a half-empty martini glass in one hand and a wet olive in the other. He pointed his least full hand at the auction master with a sly grin on his face and stepped closer.

"I'll see you twenty ... milion credits! No, twenty-five!" the worn man cried out, every muscle in his face pulling double shifts to keep going in spite of his many surgeries.
The General Replay - Page 7 ZrMJTvB
Ha ha ha, now that's more like it.
The General Replay - Page 7 LjFqiL4
Twenty five million credits! Looks like the game really has begun now!
The General Replay - Page 7 OkBgZJi
(...Very deep pockets indeed.)
The General Replay - Page 7 UXhRIF3
(However, I do wonder if this auction has reached a whole new league now. As absurd as this all is... it is rather intriguing I will confess.)
The General Replay - Page 7 OkBgZJi
(It had better not last too much longer though, he promised me the reason for this whole charade would be apparent by the end.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aliucon wrote:
Slifer began in a temper, enraged that his first prey had managed to escape his onsalught with nothing more than a bloody nose and disgusted by the two newcomers in general. He beat his wings harshly in an attempt to scare them off.
*The wind picked up and finally the hero actually took notice of what was going on outside.*
Wow!

*He crouched down in order to try and avoid being blown away by the wind, slowly he began making his way forward...*
The General Replay - Page 7 IIqbyhg
I can do the Duck Walk! Cool Huh?

*Who Link was telling this to, you be the judge. Regardless, tragedy then struck, Link might be strong enough to duck walk through this, but his beloved food was not, it was sent flying.*
NOOO!
Slifer the Executive Producer wrote:Who cares? In a monster zone, I guess, Slifer thought to himself.

Fuck Links and especially fuck Pendulums.
*As the wings stop beating and the duel continues, Link gets to his feet.*
The General Replay - Page 7 YHMs4zU
Hey! That's not friendly!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hiroko wrote:"M-Ms. Anna!!" Ravio yelped.

He was in deep shit, he didn't want to be in deep shit. He just wanted to not die. He figured that was probably what was gonna happen anyway at the hands of this unassuming lady and her thousand-dagger glare. What was he gonna say? 'Sorry I can't find the staves you just fucking gave to me. Please don't murder me into a million lifetimes!'

Sheerow pops their head out from the pocket they were stowed in, only to be promptly taken out and held like a shield between him and Anna. Poor Ravio quakes and shakes so hard, he doesn't notice baby Mayday staring at him and the group.

"I-I can explain!! This isn't what it looks like!!"
Of course it's not, and you'll be returning my items now... right?

*Chell might notice that Mayday's not reacting to her attempts to comfort her, she seems to be looking intently at Anna, or rather at her hair specifically.*
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiroko wrote:Meanwhile, in a Hyrule many forget exist. The four Links were about to store their portion of the Four Sword back into its stone.

Vaati the Wind Sorcerer had just been defeated, their Hyrule recently saved and--frankly--they were all starting to get a little annoyed at the existential phenomenon of dealing with themselves split into four distinct Links (and strangely each other as separate beings).

All was well, until they blinked and realized they weren't in their Hyrule any longer. And Green was gone...?

The General Replay - Page 7 Red_110
"Huh...?"

The General Replay - Page 7 Vio_3110
"...What...?"

The General Replay - Page 7 Blue_310
"The fu--!!"

The General Replay - Page 7 Vio_610
"Don't curse."

*The King turns to the newcomers.*
The General Replay - Page 7 HZc1SEn
Mah bois!
The General Replay - Page 7 Zfp4anc
Woah! Why are there three Links?
The General Replay - Page 7 DeclG62
Your Majesty, your vision must be...

*He then sees the Three Links.*
The General Replay - Page 7 O8S7Ein
Waa- This was not written!

*Gwonam begins hurriedly looking through the ancient texts. Just then however, a rumbling begins around the castle, shaking the whole of Hyrule.*
The General Replay - Page 7 59h4SjW
The General Replay - Page 7 XpKgqma
Hmmm?
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by ToonBlade Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:41 am

Regiwi wrote:*Having distracted the fighters with the rock approaching the non-combatants, the Parasite has already put the next part of his plan into action. Shooting a web at a rock and sturdy tree nearby he picks up the second large chunk of rock from the debris he had landed in, this one was half the size of the one he'd thrown before. Pulling it back with the two weblines attached to the scenery like a slingshot, the Black Suited figure releases it, aimed at the group of heroes who have now turned their attention back to him. This rock is flying right at them this time, the first rock being a distraction to gather the group together so this one could be fired at them.*

Nightwing sees the rock coming. He can't slow down, and he cannot move to the side quickly enough. No strength to punch through, nor the speed to sidestep. He can't go around or through, but he's an expert of going over. He huffs and leaps over the oncoming boulder, doing an acrobatic flip over it with grace and dexterity. He's one of the world's best acrobats for a reason, after all.

When he lands, he keeps the momentum, still running toward Spidey to engage in combat with him.

The General Replay - Page 7 38kDN9C

"Nice try, pal. But that's enough games for today. Let's wrap this up already, shall we?"

---

Regiwi wrote:*Mayday looks sadly up again towards the ongoing battle and the figure of her Father, or what had now taken over her Father.*

Link blinks and looks down. He then looks back up to Mayday and gives her a smile. He reaches out to ruffle her hair.

"It's okay. We'll save him from that monster, OK? You have my word."

He pulls back and looks at the newcomers and nods. "Please, keep her safe. I'll go back and help the others."

He then turns around without waiting for an answer and pulls out a bow and arrow. However, the arrow appears to be made out of solid gold, and even though it isn't notched, is emitting a faint golden glow. He then leaps into the portal Chell left, then runs back into the fray.

---

Aliucon wrote:The General Replay - Page 7 Kalin4

"Agh!"

Slifer's wingbeat created a gust of wind that sent Kalin's motorcycle swerving wildly away from it. When he tried to reign it in and get control, his wild movement caused his Duel Runner to slam hard on the stand (or was it a restaurant?) where they were serving squids prepared in the barbecue. The squids went everywhere, potentially right at Link and, if it really WAS a restaurant, right up to the door of the nearest bathroom in the establishment.

When Kalin got his bearings, he couldn't stop to apologize- He felt like that monster targetted him with one attack, and it'd be bad if he did it again while there were other people around. Including one very curious looking, green-tunic wearing hero.

"Sorry. No time to explain- run from this place!"

Hitting the pedal to the metal, he'd start going full throttle forward, rejoining the holograms of his monsters.

The sound of a flushing toilet is heard, then the door to the restaurant bathroom opens.

The General Replay - Page 7 RnlvFLC

"Aaah, that is much bett-- aaaaagh!"

Koichi ducks just in time to dodge a face-full of squid. He looks up just in time to see a cool-looking man (local Pro Hero, maybe?) drive away in what is just about the most stylish motorcycle he's seen. He stands there for a second, confused, when the sound of screaming and fleeing people get his attention again. The young man frowns and crouches down. The bottom parts of his hands and feet begin to glow white, then he slides forward.

He still has no clue where he is, or what's going on. One thing's certain, though: there's a rampaging monster about, and people are in danger. There's only one thing he can do here.

He zooms about, telling people where to run, to evacuate, and to call the authorities and the local heroes. If he sees someone about to get hurt, he takes a deep breath and zips forward in blinding bursts of speed, moving them out of harm's way and ushering more to evacuate the area. With bursts of energy, he jumps high, then clings to the walls, scouting for stragglers to help.

The General Replay - Page 7 XRTMoi9
ToonBlade
ToonBlade

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:02 am

Slifer the Sky Dragon wrote:The great beast activated the face down trap in response to Kalin's activation of Infernity Doom Archfiend's effect.

Joker's Wild came into play, giving Slifer the opportunity to send Face Card Fusion directly from the deck to the graveyard whilst indirectly triggering its effect.

This allowed the dragon to fusion summon Arcana Knight Joker in attack position by tributing the King's Knight and Queen's Knight from the field as well as a single Jack's Knight from the deck.

It was a bit off-putting to hear nothing but a beastly roar in response, but upon the trap card being revealed, Kalin knew his plans were getting thrown out of the way. Infernity Doom Archfiend's effect fizzled since the target was no longer on the field, and now all that remained was a powerful and stout warrior with far too many attack points for his fiend to deal with.

"Tch...! Not bad..."

As he was still speeding along, he took a moment to look back at the destruction left in Slifer's wake.

Koichi wrote:He zooms about, telling people where to run, to evacuate, and to call the authorities and the local heroes. If he sees someone about to get hurt, he takes a deep breath and zips forward in blinding bursts of speed, moving them out of harm's way and ushering more to evacuate the area. With bursts of energy, he jumps high, then clings to the walls, scouting for stragglers to help.

Someone was definitely moving proactively, faster than Kalin thought was possible. What a hero. That was definitely helping.

Others...

Lonk wrote:The General Replay - Page 7 YHMs4zU
Hey! That's not friendly!

... might not be helping so much, but he had to appreciate the spirit of pulling a sword on something that had to be hundreds of times the size of you.

Huh, his sense of humor might have gotten more grim since becoming a Dark Signer.

Time to continue the duel the best he could, so more people were out of the danger zone.

He could use all he had to try and get rid of that monster, but he felt it was in his best interest to prolong the Duel.

Kalin wrote:The General Replay - Page 7 Kalin1

"You've escaped for now. Then I'll do this! My level 4 Infernity Patriarch resonates with the level 1 tuner Infernity Avenger!"

Again, they sped forward, the white light shone brightly, this time forming a massive dragon with a glowing ankh in its torso, that spread its wings for a moment before perching in Defense Position, floating by the side of Infernity Doom Archfiend.

"Here's Samsara, Dragon of Rebirth!"

With a nod, he swerved to start speeding in another direction, as he'd been really circling the dragon for the most part.

"And with that, I end my turn. Let's see if you have what it takes to kill me."
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:55 am

ToonBlade wrote:
Nightwing sees the rock coming. He can't slow down, and he cannot move to the side quickly enough. No strength to punch through, nor the speed to sidestep. He can't go around or through, but he's an expert of going over. He huffs and leaps over the oncoming boulder, doing an acrobatic flip over it with grace and dexterity. He's one of the world's best acrobats for a reason, after all.

When he lands, he keeps the momentum, still running toward Spidey to engage in combat with him.

The General Replay - Page 7 38kDN9C

"Nice try, pal. But that's enough games for today. Let's wrap this up already, shall we?"
*It's now that he's cleared the incoming rock however that Nightwing might notice something, the Spider is no longer stood where he was pulling the rock in his web catapault.*

*In fact, his plan had been put fully into motion, things were getting dicey, these foes were strong. Even if these new powers he now possessed possibly made him capable of such a fight, he was still getting used to them, he needed to get out of here now, get his bearings and learn these new abilities he'd gained. He'd picked up on one particular foe however, this masked acrobat seemed despite his seeming lack of superpowers to have a lot of technical skill, and if his leadership qualities were similar he could prove a problem. Not to mention the Parasite definitely got some of that 90s edge from this guy, very dangerous...*
*Therefore, it's now he makes his move, having attached himself to the rock he had fired at the group, he was stuck to the back of it as it flew through the sky. When Nightwing leapt over the incoming rock, he'd unwittingly find himself now right in front of the Spider.*
The General Replay - Page 7 TTDQv78
*The Spider immediately shoots a web at Nightwing, he pulls this web to propel himself towards the crime fighter fast as lightning readying a hard punch to his face, maybe not enough to down him but likely to knock him out of his senses for a moment.*
The General Replay - Page 7 MeyICvi
!
ToonBlade wrote:
Link blinks and looks down. He then looks back up to Mayday and gives her a smile. He reaches out to ruffle her hair.

He pulls back and looks at the newcomers and nods. "Please, keep her safe. I'll go back and help the others."

He then turns around without waiting for an answer and pulls out a bow and arrow. However, the arrow appears to be made out of solid gold, and even though it isn't notched, is emitting a faint golden glow. He then leaps into the portal Chell left, then runs back into the fray.
*Mayday smiles at Link, at least these people seem nice.*
The General Replay - Page 7 ZhTdCai
*Mayday then notices in the battle above however, her 'Father' has catapulted himself on the back of a rock and now looks about to strike at the guy who wouldn't look out of place back home in New York.*
!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aliucon wrote:
He zooms about, telling people where to run, to evacuate, and to call the authorities and the local heroes. If he sees someone about to get hurt, he takes a deep breath and zips forward in blinding bursts of speed, moving them out of harm's way and ushering more to evacuate the area. With bursts of energy, he jumps high, then clings to the walls, scouting for stragglers to help.

The General Replay - Page 7 2HZh9lc
Golly!

*He looks over to the ongoing duel.*
The General Replay - Page 7 AnHNkFw
That old Dragon would be no match for the King!
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tooner-Tastic Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:20 am

Regiwi wrote:*Chell might notice that Mayday's not reacting to her attempts to comfort her, she seems to be looking intently at Anna, or rather at her hair specifically.*

Chell notices. She blinks, being curious of how this child would react, and moves towards Anna.

Regiwi wrote:*Mayday smiles at Link, at least these people seem nice.*
The General Replay - Page 7 ZhTdCai
*Mayday then notices in the battle above however, her 'Father' has catapulted himself on the back of a rock and now looks about to strike at the guy who wouldn't look out of place back home in New York.*
!

Chell watches as well, frowning. This is all too strange for her, and that's saying something, since she's been through a lot these last few...months, she's assuming, from when she woke up in that Relaxation Chamber..

Aloy watches everything going down. Someone helping people, a man a sword, and the once using...cards and some weird device. The flying beast didn't seem to do take any damage..So maybe it needs a different arrow to hit it!

She loads another arrow, ones that are corrosive, and takes another aim at the beast.
Tooner-Tastic
Tooner-Tastic

Back to top Go down

Post by DimitriBarronmore Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:31 am

Sable-Xeno wrote:Well that doesn’t look too good. Thankfully…the other competent grovyle here still has a trick up his sleeve, and enough conscience to see the giant rock hurtling towards the three. So, shuffling weakly through his bag, he pulls out…an orb-shaped object (evidently he has a lot of those), and…

The General Replay - Page 7 YRVspmG

After looking into the nonexistent camera for a suitably funny period of time Scott decides to just ignore the fight Anna and Ravio are having, instead addressing the rest of the ground-borne group.

The General Replay - Page 7 OqEE9rE

"Hey all, glad to see you're still safe down here. Looks like the green guy has some neat tricks up his sleeve."

The General Replay - Page 7 QeIeSgV

"He did say something about evacuating though, so now that we're no longer in danger of falling to our deaths anyone who isn't fighting should probably start running."

ToonBlade wrote:Link blinks and looks down. He then looks back up to Mayday and gives her a smile. He reaches out to ruffle her hair.

The General Replay - Page 7 XeVEjPB

"Or that, sure. Babysitting works too."

Not but a handful of seconds later an electric rat skids to a stop in front of the growing group, slightly winded but not a small amount relieved that there's definitely a way up top as he just saw demonstrated by Link. Still, he ought to take a second to get on the same page with everyone here.

The General Replay - Page 7 HIGsdqY
Vince: "Everyone here okay? What's the situation?"

Vincent takes a moment to scan the group present, not having gotten as good a look as he would have like--

The General Replay - Page 7 QH9SKK2
Vince: "Holy [CENSORED], Scott the Woz?"

Sable-Xeno wrote:

Reverie wrote:* ...

What?

Now Frisk knows this can't be the Underground. None of this makes any sense if it is. Not that it makes any sense anyways. This is all just... Horribly overwhelming, for lack of a better term. But there's also undeniably something about it that smacks of deja vu...

Maybe it's just emotional spillover. But then, still, why is it all familiar to red-text here? It's definitely never happened before.

Regiwi wrote:*The man reacts somewhat dismissively of them.*

*He then catches sight of Frisk seemingly trying to stay hidden slightly in the doorway. His whole demeaner changes somewhat.*

Frisk can't stop herself from jumping when she catches the man's eyes, startled by his appraisal and sudden change in behavior. On instinct she squirms a little further behind the doorframe, which probably reinforces his apparent decision.

...There's nowhere to go. You're in a dead city, worse a city that's lost it's whole purpose, everything that mattered here... well it doesn't matter anymore.

Well, if she wasn't scared before...

As the strange human starts packing up his tripod-thing, Frisk gathers her courage and steps out onto the roof despite not having been called out by Xan yet. She's already been spotted, there's no point in hiding any further. She walks up behind the children's toy bird monster with eerily quiet footsteps, only needing to play up her nervousness a little bit to put on a show of cowering from behind him, and whispers quiet enough that with any luck the non-bird won't notice.

Frisk: "You know him? Who is he?"

Reverie wrote:Ted wormed his way back into the middle of the room, a half-empty martini glass in one hand and a wet olive in the other. He pointed his least full hand at the auction master with a sly grin on his face and stepped closer.

Regiwi wrote:
Ha ha ha, now that's more like it.
Twenty five million credits! Looks like the game really has begun now!

The General Replay - Page 7 XJ3hJXR
DimitriBarronmore
DimitriBarronmore

https://dimitri-barronmore.carrd.co/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sable-Xeno Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:52 am

Reverie wrote:The General Replay - Page 7 WwD1mG1

"Firion, you got any bright ideas?" the boy shouted behind him as held his blade out, wracking his brain for any kind of counter to the incoming boulder.

…Well, that’s not quite SPIDERMAN coming out of that mess, and a bow and arrow ain’t gonna stop that in its tracks. Tracing its movement towards Nightwing, he’s gonna need to act to get it out of the way. But…how…?

Oh!

Putting his bow away in a flash, Firion switches to something else: a knife, attached to a long rope. He looks towards Onion Knight, nodding. Like hell he’d be string enough to pull that thing in, but maybe if he could *push* it out of the way with the rope…

…It might just be dumb enough to work.

The General Replay - Page 7 3oz60YD
Firion: “There…take it!”

With all the force he can muster, he launches the knife towards Onion Knight, confident that those 3 words alone got the memo across.

Regiwi wrote:The General Replay - Page 7 TTDQv78
*The Spider immediately shoots a web at Nightwing, he pulls this web to propel himself towards the crime fighter fast as lightning readying a hard punch to his face, maybe not enough to down him but likely to knock him out of his senses for a moment.*
The General Replay - Page 7 MeyICvi
!

…Well, let’s hope Onion Knight gets the memo on that, too, as Firion notices where the Man Spider went far, far too late, still holding on tight to that rope…

As for Marcus and Connor? Well, Marcus-

-Is briefly distracted by Scott the Woz.

The General Replay - Page 7 DqzRm2x
Marcus: “Holy shit, you’re right-

Okay, extremely. That’s probably enough to eat his turn. As for that cartoon bomb, from the last page? It goes off with a colorful ‘poof’! And…considering Spidey long since abandoned that part of the area, safe to say there was no effect, physical or mental.

Connor, on the other hand…appears to have disappeared in the frenzy, nothing but a mound of dirt im the ground where he stood before. A mound that…hang on. Is it moving? Why, yes, rather slowly, but…a careful eye might be able to pick up on it….a careful eye that isn’t handling a bunch of other details at once, perhaps.

Regiwi wrote:*The man reacts somewhat dismissively of them.*

Xan: “A dead city…”

The Xatu loses himself in thought once again. A world that has no meaning…such an abstract concept, could it be…? He pulls an object from his bag, carefully…

The General Replay - Page 7 RCXxC0o

To any present, it looked merely like a fancy hourglass. Though, someone educated in artifacts and constructs such as these would recognize it for what it truly was: a Time Piece, an object that could harness the 4th and 5th dimensions of Time and Space…but only so much, by itself. At least…normally, that should be it. But mixed with the emotional spirit of a person…

…’No’, Xan thinks to himself. There’s no chance this could be the culprit, the existence of The Doctor and- Frisk, apparently- being here. Indeed, the Doctor’s answer would have been helpful, were it not so unhelpfully vague. He puts back the hourglass, for now, taking another mental note to not land on his bag by accident…

Regiwi wrote:*He then turns and starts looking at his device again.*
The General Replay - Page 7 YGnFCmm
Two dragons, fighting in front of the sun... now it looks like one's roughly over...
Well, that's all I needed.

*He starts turning off the device and dismantling it.*

The name ‘Tiamat’ briefly crosses Xan’s mind. He didn’t even WANT to consider that possibility. Still, dragons battling in the sky sounds…

…bad.

It would help neither of them to continue being in their own thoughts. Least Frisk stepped up to plate.

Dmibrti wrote:She walks up behind the children's toy bird monster with eerily quiet footsteps, only needing to play up her nervousness a little bit to put on a show of cowering from behind him, and whispers quiet enough that with any luck the non-bird won't notice.

Frisk: "You know him? Who is he?"

Xan looks down towards Frisk, painfully aware of her stripes shirt now and more acutely conscious of…implications he’d think about later. Instead, he opens up his mind, connecting to Frisk’s…a manner of telepathy.

Xan: {That…is the Doctor. Something known as a Time Lord, an ancient race of time-faring aliens. He travels through time in that Police Box, which is called the TARDIS…though it’s not exactly the most reliable. He’s…not a bad person.}

…Regardless of being treated dismissively, the Xatu still turns his attention back to the Doctor, now. Clearing his throat.

The General Replay - Page 7 B2g16Nz
Xan: “…I’m sure you have important business to attend to,but at the very least…could you tell me what happened here?”

…He’d also be hoping for a free ride, but he knows enough to guess the doctor is…selective about who enters.

Last edited by Sable-Xeno on Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Sable-Xeno
Sable-Xeno

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:57 am

Sable-Xeno wrote:The General Replay - Page 7 B2g16Nz
Xan: “…I’m sure you have important business to attend to,but at the very least…could you tell me what happened here?”

…He’d also be hoping for a free ride, but he knows enough to guess the doctor is…selective about who enters.
*He starts walking carrying his equipment as he talks.*
Nothing happened here, I told you, it's a city without a purpose. Have a look around, despite the buildings you'll find none of them have been lived in, they're ruined because they've just been left to rot.
The whole original purpose of this place didn't come to pass, so it's just sitting here. Although, you might notice one other thing too.

*He gets out his TARDIS key.*
The General Replay - Page 7 5vmqFdD
There's really nothing here, not even birds nest in these empty buildings. Isn't that odd?

*He puts his key into the TARDIS door and begins opening it.*
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well then, I've heard nothing else. 25 Million credits.

*There's discussion amongst the crowd, many were already out of their depth but now it seems there's noone left with a hunger to raise a higher bid.*
Going once, going twice....
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverie Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:59 pm

The General Replay - Page 7 RYbl5TV

Without really thinking about it, the Onion Knight sped through the air towards somewhere west of where he was, trying to get out of the way of the incoming oversized projectile. If he timed it right, he would just about be able to escape its path.

Sable-Xeno wrote:Putting his bow away in a flash, Firion switches to something else: a knife, attached to a long rope. He looks towards Onion Knight, nodding. Like hell he’d be string enough to pull that thing in, but maybe if he could *push* it out of the way with the rope…

…It might just be dumb enough to work.

The General Replay - Page 7 3oz60YD
Firion: “There…take it!”

With all the force he can muster, he launches the knife towards Onion Knight, confident that those 3 words alone got the memo across.

The General Replay - Page 7 U2Rtjfk

"You got it!"

The youth span slightly in midair to catch the rope dart with his dominant hand, managing to end up with the blade in his grasp. At that moment, just as the Knight managed to get clear of the moving boulder, he saw something particularly interesting. Spider-Man, or whatever he happened to be right now, was just behind the boulder's edge, back turned as launched an assault on their mysterious, gothic ally.

Onion Knight switched to Ninja without a second thought and made use of his signature command, throwing the blade of the rope dart at the enemy with incredible speed and force. The sufficiently durable rope would catch on the huge rock, but not before it struck Spider-Man's back.
Reverie
Reverie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiroko Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:22 am

Author's Note: *bursts through her apartment complex's door with her hair done, nails did and a butt-load of shopping presents in hand*

Sorry that took a while guys! I had-- *stuffs all of her new shit in a scarily poorly-maintained coat closet*--very important matters to attend to. Let's get right back into it, shall we? ;3

Regiwi wrote:
Of course it's not, and you'll be returning my items now... right?

*Chell might notice that Mayday's not reacting to her attempts to comfort her, she seems to be looking intently at Anna, or rather at her hair specifically.*

Well, great!! This was just fucking great!!! Not only did he have to lose Anna's stock right when he left, Anna herself had to just magically pop up and miraculously not see her stock on the ground as well.

DimitriBarronmore wrote:
After looking into the nonexistent camera for a suitably funny period of time Scott decides to just ignore the fight Anna and Ravio are having, instead addressing the rest of the ground-borne group.

And now his plight was used as fucking background noise to a comedy sketch! All he could do was sweat and quake in nervousness until he could find a way to appease her. Since he still couldn't remember that Sheerow could find his shit

If only there were someone or something that could sense where the missing items were

Hint, hint. Wink, wink

Last time our heroes remembered, Hyrule wasn't drawn this horrendously. They understood that peace came with quiet, but not boring quite.

The General Replay - Page 7 Red_710
"Well, at least it's boring around here!"

Regiwi wrote:*The King turns to the newcomers.*
Mah bois!
Woah! Why are there three Links?

The General Replay - Page 7 Vio_1310
"Sir, how do you not remember that we pulled the Four Swo--"

The General Replay - Page 7 Blue_810
"My brother in arms, I don't think that's the king. Our king does not look that ugly"

The General Replay - Page 7 Blue_211
"At any rate, I just wonder what Ganon's up to."

Regiwi wrote:The General Replay - Page 7 DeclG62
Your Majesty, your vision must be...
*He then sees the Three Links.*
The General Replay - Page 7 O8S7Ein
Waa- This was not written!
*Gwonam begins hurriedly looking through the ancient texts. Just then however, a rumbling begins around the castle, shaking the whole of Hyrule.*
The General Replay - Page 7 59h4SjW
The General Replay - Page 7 XpKgqma
Hmmm?

The General Replay - Page 7 Red_910
"That didn't sound good, I wonder what we could do to help"
Hiroko
Hiroko

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:33 pm

Reverie wrote:The General Replay - Page 7 U2Rtjfk

"You got it!"

The youth span slightly in midair to catch the rope dart with his dominant hand, managing to end up with the blade in his grasp. At that moment, just as the Knight managed to get clear of the moving boulder, he saw something particularly interesting. Spider-Man, or whatever he happened to be right now, was just behind the boulder's edge, back turned as launched an assault on their mysterious, gothic ally.

Onion Knight switched to Ninja without a second thought and made use of his signature command, throwing the blade of the rope dart at the enemy with incredible speed and force. The sufficiently durable rope would catch on the huge rock, but not before it struck Spider-Man's back.
*A lot can happen in a split second, the Parasite thought he'd got a quite clever plan, but it seems it'd been seen through, still it was this that showed him more than anything before the power he now possessed, before when he was a skateboarding cool dude such a thing would have caught him off-guard, this time however his Spider-sense picked up on the dart flying towards him.*
*Realising he needed to change focus from punching Nightwing, his fist unclenched and instead he grabbed at the shoulders of the hero. Using Nightwing's shoulders to spring himself over he did a flip in the air landing behind him.*
The General Replay - Page 7 YenRIuq
*Rolling as he landed the Parasite immediately leaps again shooting out a webline ahead of him at a rock in the distance, towards the very edge of the floating area they're all on. His plan right now is a simple one, get away from here as fast as he can.*
Hiroko wrote:Well, great!! This was just fucking great!!! Not only did he have to lose Anna's stock right when he left, Anna herself had to just magically pop up and miraculously not see her stock on the ground as well.

And now his plight was used as fucking background noise to a comedy sketch! All he could do was sweat and quake in nervousness until he could find a way to appease her. Since he still couldn't remember that Sheerow could find his shit

If only there were someone or something that could sense where the missing items were

Hint, hint. Wink, wink
The General Replay - Page 7 L9A3S79
Look just calm down will you? You're making me feel nervous seeing you shake like that.
...In fact, what's that behind you?
----------------------------------------------------------------
Hiroko wrote:Last time our heroes remembered, Hyrule wasn't drawn this horrendously. They understood that peace came with quiet, but not boring quite.

The General Replay - Page 7 Red_710
"Well, at least it's boring around here!"

The General Replay - Page 7 Vio_1310
"Sir, how do you not remember that we pulled the Four Swo--"

The General Replay - Page 7 Blue_810
"My brother in arms, I don't think that's the king. Our king does not look that ugly"
!

Hiroko wrote:The General Replay - Page 7 Blue_211
"At any rate, I just wonder what Ganon's up to."
The General Replay - Page 7 A8y9GTs
Ganon is over there.

*Gwonam pulls a red book off of the shelf and approaches Blue Link.*
The General Replay - Page 7 QemjnEp
Look and see Ganon.
The General Replay - Page 7 KKk0b1k
Hiroko wrote:The General Replay - Page 7 Red_910
"That didn't sound good, I wonder what we could do to help"
*Just then the rumbling stops, luckily the Castle seems mostly intact... well apart from something that fell off the table.*
The General Replay - Page 7 UmLVZ8b
NO!

*If the Links looked outside the window they'd notice that the land outside of the Castle looks out of place, it's a strange rocky desert area yet next to it is a giant sprawling forest, it's hard to see beyond that but there's what looks like tall ruined buildings perhaps slightly visible and strangest of all what looks like a giant floating rock, but these locations seem to be at the opposite end of the forest to where they now are, quite a distance away.*
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SOLD, to the... I want to say... human? For twenty five million credits!

*He strikes his gavel down.*
The General Replay - Page 7 9kpEre8
...Right. Well I suppose now we should get down to the real business.

*There's some mumbling in the crowd, a figure sat in spiky looking armour shouts out.*

What are you talking about? What 'real business'?
Why, the business of why we're all really gathered here. The auction was just an icebreaker. I wanted to see how wealthy some of our patrons are.

*There's slightly louder mumbling, a man with white hair wearing fancy loungewear with a martini calls out this time.*

Is this some sort of ransom? I have a feeling you're in for a surprise if that's what you're trying to pull here.
Now now, it's nothing of the sort, honestly do you think I would go through all this effort for such a thing? I doubt there's many who would even pay a ransom for most of you.
The General Replay - Page 7 TV5o2kV
No, I come to you today, with a proposition.
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:05 pm

Butterscotch went from looking at Vince's marvel at Scott from afar to tracking the Spider-Man again. His jump went far and the distance was made wide- Even if she wasn't familiar with battling, that seemed less like an aggressive move and more of a passive one.

The General Replay - Page 7 Icon7

"... Is he going away? Maybe there's too many people there, after all..."

The General Replay - Page 7 Icon6

"W-Wait, that also means there's no way to get him back to his senses and helping me find Toffee again, right? Ugh..."

Still, she relaxed her tensed arms, and looked away, first towards the crowd, then the far-away mist looming over the area. Just looking at it made her shudder, like she was actually cold.

---

??? wrote:The General Replay - Page 7 TV5o2kV
No, I come to you today, with a proposition.

Schezo, who had mostly been lamenting his lack of funds, straightened up just like a fair few folks in the crowd for the reveal.

The General Replay - Page 7 Icon1

"And so does the preamble ends. If an object of such power was just a diversion to you... This must be interesting indeed!"

Sousou crossed her legs and leaned back onto her seat, only giving the kid by her a look seconds later. She had been transfixed on the proceedings, but looked at her acquaintance when observed for long enough.

The General Replay - Page 7 Sou2

"Discussion might get a bit heavier, I'm afraid. Would you not prefer to play with your dolls elsewhere?"

The kid's lips twisted, and she looked down at her assortment of two such companions. After a hum, she gave the sovereign a big smile.

"It's fine! Thank you, Miss. I think I'm supposed to be here... So I wanna stay!"

Leaving that alone, Sousou looked forward again, awaiting the grand reveal.
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sable-Xeno Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:21 am

Reverie wrote:*A lot can happen in a split second, the Parasite thought he'd got a quite clever plan, but it seems it'd been seen through, still it was this that showed him more than anything before the power he now possessed, before when he was a skateboarding cool dude such a thing would have caught him off-guard, this time however his Spider-sense picked up on the dart flying towards him.*
*Realising he needed to change focus from punching Nightwing, his fist unclenched and instead he grabbed at the shoulders of the hero. Using Nightwing's shoulders to spring himself over he did a flip in the air landing behind him.*

The General Replay - Page 7 Iwy04ps
Firion: ”…”

Hiroko wrote:If only there were someone or something that could sense where the missing items were

Hint, hint. Wink, wink

Regiwi wrote:The General Replay - Page 7 L9A3S79
Look just calm down will you? You're making me feel nervous seeing you shake like that.
...In fact, what's that behind you?

Indeed, were Ravio to look behind him, he’d find…

The General Replay - Page 7 JNlwTNx

Regiwi wrote:*He starts walking carrying his equipment as he talks.*
Nothing happened here, I told you, it's a city without a purpose. Have a look around, despite the buildings you'll find none of them have been lived in, they're ruined because they've just been left to rot.
The whole original purpose of this place didn't come to pass, so it's just sitting here. Although, you might notice one other thing too.

*He gets out his TARDIS key.*
The General Replay - Page 7 5vmqFdD
There's really nothing here, not even birds nest in these empty buildings. Isn't that odd?

*He puts his key into the TARDIS door and begins opening it.*

An oddity, indeed…as if all life were simply stricken from the records. A sorry state, and would believably be something straight out of Kingdom Hearts…at first, Xan disbelieved it. He’d already telepathically taken out a pencil and paper, quickly (and roughly) sketching up that…thing, that seed in the sky, as some kind of divine proof otherwise

…But as he thought about it, he started second-guessing himself in other ways. Rather odd phrasing, wasn’t it? ‘It’s purpose didn’t come to pass’…Was this city built and abandoned before its living conditions could be maintained…? Or, perhaps…did the architect build upon this land with the intent of preventing ruin, only for those grand plans to unravel at the last second?…Perhaps. Perhaps, in some way, both had been true…

But…it simply didn’t make any sense! He saw flashes of nurses down there, evidence of people, and possibly many, at that! Sure, it was excruciatingly HARD to glimpse it with his Past Vision, but…but! How could he see this City with signs of life if there were never-

The General Replay - Page 7 OYGvKAw

That wasn’t the past.

Frisk and the Doctor can probably hear the sound of a notepad lightly thudding against the ground (open to that very nearly completed sketch), followed by a pencil clattering to the floor. The Xatu stares vacantly in disbelief….Not so much at the realization of what this means this place is…well, actually, he’s not quite sure WHAT it means. Third Eye that sees into other dimensions? A dimension-ending apocalypse? Hell, maybe it doesn’t even mean anything!

He stammers a bit, stuck between offering a generous platitude for the sparse information and a ‘good luck’ as they part ways, or perhaps presenting the sketch as carefully-crafted evidence and a proclamation of, ‘Then tell me about the city where this happened’. He’s torn on even showing the damn thing, regardless on if it gets dismissed.

…Frisk, you may need to intervene further.
Sable-Xeno
Sable-Xeno

Back to top Go down

Post by DimitriBarronmore Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:42 am

Sable-Xeno wrote:Xan looks down towards Frisk, painfully aware of her stripes shirt now and more acutely conscious of…implications he’d think about later. Instead, he opens up his mind, connecting to Frisk’s…a manner of telepathy.

Xan: {That…is the Doctor. Something known as a Time Lord, an ancient race of time-faring aliens. He travels through time in that Police Box, which is called the TARDIS…though it’s not exactly the most reliable. He’s…not a bad person.}

Frisk recoils slightly at the too-familiar sensation of being spoken to in her own mind, completely taken off-guard by the idea that there are monsters who can do that.  Does that mean he can hear her thoughts too? Does it mean...surely not...

She's so distracted by the sudden and concerning implications that she almost misses the part where Xan describes the Doctor as an alien time traveller, which is a completely different issue entirely. This is getting out of hand. Frisk starts subtly glancing around for cameras, thinking that maybe this is some kind of massive prank across time and space, even if she doesn't really believe it. But it could explain some things, maybe, like how the Doctor is planning to pack that tripod away and go galavanting across time and space in a wooden box barely larger than he is.

Sable-Xeno wrote:Frisk and the Doctor can probably hear the sound of a notepad lightly thudding against the ground (open to that very nearly completed sketch), followed by a pencil clattering to the floor. The Xatu stares vacantly in disbelief….Not so much at the realization of what this means this place is…well, actually, he’s not quite sure WHAT it means. Third Eye that sees into other dimensions? A dimension-ending apocalypse? Hell, maybe it doesn’t even mean anything!

He stammers a bit, stuck between offering a generous platitude for the sparse information and a ‘good luck’ as they part ways, or perhaps presenting the sketch as carefully-crafted evidence and a proclamation of, ‘Then tell me about the city where this happened’. He’s torn on even showing the damn thing, regardless on if it gets dismissed.

…Frisk, you may need to intervene further.

!!

Frisk is immediately at Xan's side, or rather slightly closer to his side, sucking-upcaring instincts on display. She snaps her fingers in front of his eyes, trying to steal his attention back from whatever prompted that thousand-yard stare. If she wasn't already balancing on the edge of panicking before she wouldn't seem quite so overwhelmed with concern, but under the circumstances the apparent literal psychic ending up on this state makes her feel a little worried about the immediate future. Psychics are supposed to be able to see the future, right? She read a book about that once, or maybe it was in one of those anime Alphys and Undyne are obsessed with.

Frisk: "Are you okay? What's going on?"
DimitriBarronmore
DimitriBarronmore

https://dimitri-barronmore.carrd.co/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:53 am

Kurisu sighed loudly as she climbed another flight of stairs. She didn't care about the noise she made anymore; despite it being a hospital, she could not find a single person, no matter where she looked at. Unbeknownst to her, she seems to have missed the people who were previously wandering in that same hospital just a while before...

The General Replay - Page 7 Kurisu38
Kurisu pulled her cellphone from her pocket once again, and tried once again pushing some buttons. As expected, nothing happened.

She sighed again, clutching to the files she had on hand like her life depended on them. She would not make the mistake of having important files stolen from her anymore - or so she hoped.

The General Replay - Page 7 Kurisu44
(Maybe I'm missing something to make it work. A variable, a cog that's out of place as of now. I know that science is made of trial and errors, but to try the same thing more than once won't get me anywhere...)

With that in mind, Kurisu opened the door to the hospital's roof, intending on getting some fresh air (and maybe a better signal?). She did not, however, expect to have company.

The General Replay - Page 7 Kurisu57
(One, two people... a... bird? Creature? And is that... a phone booth? On the roof...?)
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next