Case Files Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Adventure Book

+2
ToonBlade
DimitriBarronmore
6 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Adventure Book - Page 2 Empty Re: The Adventure Book

Post by Jessica Ilha Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:31 pm

Pearly rushed and tried to stand between the Doctor and "the urn", all the while trying not to disturb the crime scene.

The Adventure Book - Page 2 Soj_pe19
"T-The pink paint has nothing to do with it! It's been on the urn for ten years now!

Besides, if you're not the detective, then let Miss Detective take a look for clues first! No finger-printing the urn!"
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:43 pm

Though keeping track of each person in order to react may one of them turn out to be a ruffian, Rayfa realized Pearl was doing a very good job at engaging everyone in order, which just left her with a few things to do. One of them was to address Frisk, which had explained their situation at this point.

"So you are the detective. You look... Very different from what I assumed. But I see you are telling the truth. Seems like it is not only lawyers of this land that make a habit out of presenting items to strangers, like Barbed Head..."

She took the hot dog to inspect. But she couldn't do that for long before having to direct some words around. Specifically at the Doctor.

"Doctor, do not go looking around without permission! You WILL be held accountable for any missing piece or tampering with the crime scene! If you feel you must participate, then at least aid the detective here."

Lastly, she looked over to the Engineer. Though his question was answered, he was definitely the one that seemed lost the most. She tried a different approach.

"If you came here by happenstance, you should leave at once, but out of curiosity. What is your particular set of skills? It is possible we could use them here."

And Jinxie, not really helping along but realizing Frisk was the detective all along, came over to bow and apologize she had tried to exorcise them. As she did so, much like the charms she had on her forehead, Frisk might notice she also has a charm on one side of her arm. If Pearl also sees it, she might realize the girl never had that one once she got to Kurain.

And now, it is time to give a few points of investigation! Despite Rayfa's early claim, there's actually a few things of note around the place.

One of them is a stain of some liquid next to the entrance of the room. It's very watery and dried up at this point, and not very noticeable. Theoretically it might have been big enough to slip at some point. If smelled, it will smell oh so faintly of noodles.

Another thing is the dome of glass. It is a one-piece cube of glass (save for the bottom, which is open). The Ami Fey urn was being displayed in a pedestal with a square base, and the dome of glass would have fit in the shape of the base perfectly. However, it is turned in such a way that no side is matching the base, and rather than a square, the dome is in sort of a diamond shape over the base. As for the thing itself, although it looks quite sturdy, touching and moving it will reveal the fact it is surprisingly light, and any adult could probably lift the whole thing with ease. One of the edges seems like it has the lightest trace of blood, although it didn't ripple through the rest of the glass at all. This fact, along with the weight, probably means this is not actual glass at all, but a facsimile.

The Ami Fey urn, aside from what the Doctor observed being true, has its pieces scattered pretty close to the pedestal where it was at.

Lastly, somewhere on the ground there would be a fallen brown button. Pearl would identify it as probably belonging to one of the couple that showed up there the other day. The Doctor might have seen a vendor or two with uniforms who could fit pretty well with this button.
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by ToonBlade Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:23 pm

Jessica Ilha wrote:

The big man with too much clothes for Pearl's taste said a couple of very strange words.

The Adventure Book - Page 2 Soj_pe46
"New... Meksee Co.? Is that the name of the company you make machines at?"
The Adventure Book - Page 2 Soj_pe41
"I have no idea where that is, Mister, but now you are in Kurain Village. More precisely, at the Fey Manor, house of the Fey Clan."

The Engineer frowns. "You don't know of the state of New Mexico? Y'know, part of the United States, borders Colorado? Texas? Hm..."

He looks around, taking in the architecture as well as the young ladies' weird clothes. Did the teleporter take him all the way to Asia or something. "Miss, I've never heard of a Kurain Village before, and have no clue of a Fey clan. Am I still in America right now? Cause I do reckon I was teleported to one of 'em eastern countries."

Aliucon wrote:Lastly, she looked over to the Engineer. Though his question was answered, he was definitely the one that seemed lost the most. She tried a different approach.

"If you came here by happenstance, you should leave at once, but out of curiosity. What is your particular set of skills? It is possible we could use them here."

Ah, finally, something that he knows for a fact. He smiles and straightens up like a true Southern' gentleman. And based on the authority the girl is commanding, it would appear she's in charge. "I'm an engineer by trade, miss. I've eleven hard sciences PhDs under my name and am quite good at solvin' practical problems. If there's anythin' you need that needs buildin' or fixin', I'm the man for the job."
ToonBlade
ToonBlade

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:55 pm

Jessica Ilha wrote:Pearly rushed and tried to stand between the Doctor and "the urn", all the while trying not to disturb the crime scene.

"T-The pink paint has nothing to do with it! It's been on the urn for ten years now!

Besides, if you're not the detective, then let Miss Detective take a look for clues first! No finger-printing the urn!"
The Adventure Book - Page 2 ATd6770
You're quite right, the paint isn't fresh, it's been on there for some time. What is more interesting though is in that case why it would be on the edges of the shards rather than just the outside.
Aliucon wrote:She took the hot dog to inspect. But she couldn't do that for long before having to direct some words around. Specifically at the Doctor.

"Doctor, do not go looking around without permission! You WILL be held accountable for any missing piece or tampering with the crime scene! If you feel you must participate, then at least aid the detective here."
The Adventure Book - Page 2 ATd6770
Oh... yes I do suppose you're right.

*He pulls off his glasses.*
The Adventure Book - Page 2 BdQ2dU4
Please do go ahead Fr- Detective.
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:37 am

Pearl caught Mystic Rayfa inspecting the hot doggy, and felt that she might not know what it was (Pearl used to not know it either, so...).

The Adventure Book - Page 2 Soj_pe41
“This is a food called ‘hot doggy’, Mystic Rayfa. But don’t worry, it’s not made of real dogs. Mystic Maya told me so.”

Pearl was really proud of her knowledge. She deserves a cookie.

Pearl in fact did notice that Jinxie had an extra charm on her arm, but thought it was somehow misplaced. Maybe it fell from her forehead?

The Adventure Book - Page 2 Soj_pe44
“Jinxie, hm... There’s a charm on your arm...”

As for the enji-near man, he kept saying strange things. What in the world is he talking about...?

The Adventure Book - Page 2 Soj_pe44
“United States...? Hm... Maybe we are in the United States? I don’t know, I’m not good with geography outside of Kurain...”

Pearl clearly wants to make a remark on why the pink paint is how it is, but she’s afraid of bursting that the urn was broken before the crime, so she said nothing on this matter.
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by DimitriBarronmore Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:20 am

Aliucon wrote:And Jinxie, not really helping along but realizing Frisk was the detective all along, came over to bow and apologize she had tried to exorcise them. As she did so, much like the charms she had on her forehead, Frisk might notice she also has a charm on one side of her arm.

Frisk couldn't help but frown at the charm with half-formed concern, especially after Pearl took the time to point it out, but having some experience in both improvised bandages and said improvised bandages ending up in weird places, figured paper charms probably aren't much different. But if it was covering something...
Well, she'd file it away in the Logic screen for later reference.

The Adventure Book - Page 2 Sadcon12
* You gladly accept the apology, and apologize once again for bursting in so rudely. You're glad no one was actually hurt.

Time to get on with the investigation proper.

Though Frisk gives Doctor an odd look (did he just come close to saying their name?) it's hard to deny that he seems to be a skilled investigator as well. Let's hope he can be trusted...

The Adventure Book - Page 2 Really10
* Trying to stand a bit taller, you comment that if the Doctor wants to continue investigating the urn (with supervision from the owners) and report any findings, that would be helpful? Just, like, don't touch it too much.

With that decision made Frisk moves to investigate the glass dome closer, careful to use the too-long sleeves of their sweater to prevent any fingerprints.
DimitriBarronmore
DimitriBarronmore

https://dimitri-barronmore.carrd.co/

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:56 am

Jessica Ilha wrote:The Adventure Book - Page 2 Soj_pe44
“United States...? Hm... Maybe we are in the United States? I don’t know, I’m not good with geography outside of Kurain...”
The Adventure Book - Page 2 I6djy66
Kurain Village... Fey Manor, I feel as though I've heard these names before, although it was some time ago now..
DimitriBarronmore wrote:Though Frisk gives Doctor an odd look (did he just come close to saying their name?) it's hard to deny that he seems to be a skilled investigator as well. Let's hope he can be trusted...

The Adventure Book - Page 2 Really10
* Trying to stand a bit taller, you comment that if the Doctor wants to continue investigating the urn (with supervision from the owners) and report any findings, that would be helpful? Just, like, don't touch it too much.

With that decision made Frisk moves to investigate the glass dome closer, careful to use the too-long sleeves of their sweater to prevent any fingerprints.
The Adventure Book - Page 2 ZaOWQ8m
Well thank you for permission Detective, but I don't believe there's much more the urn shards can tell us. If I could, I'd like to search the rest of the room.
The Adventure Book - Page 2 VsW3MRl
With your permission of course...

*He turns to Pearl.*
Miss...?
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:14 am

The Adventure Book - Page 2 Soj_pe38
"Oh...!"

Pearl was a little startled when Mr. Doctor suddenly addressed her. Not only because she didn't expect being the one he'd turn for permission, but also...

The Adventure Book - Page 2 Soj_pe49
"I'm so sorry, where are my manners?"
The Adventure Book - Page 2 Soj_pe16
"My name is Pearl Fey. Nice to meet you all."
The Adventure Book - Page 2 Soj_pe34
"If Miss Detective says that you are allowed to investigate, then... Please, do so."

A good observer might've noticed that Pearl's eyes darted to the floor near the entrance area, even if for only one second.
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:06 pm

Jinxie bows her head at Frisk, sighing in relief- which didn't wash through her face, actually. Aside from her usual scowl, she really seemed jumpy in general.

"Y-Yeah, we wouldn't want anyone hurt. We already have the yokai to worry about-"

When Pearl pointed out the charm on her arm, she held it in shock and withdrew a step, then bowed her head again.

"Ah, forgive me! I-It's... not misplaced. I bumped my arm badly and I had nothing else to patch it up with..."

Her voice got quieter as Pearl got occupied with answering the others.

Meanwhile, Rayfa, after making sure to give the Doctor a glare for not asking HER for permission instead, turned once more to the Engineer. Having taken in what he said, she tapped her cheek with a finger, thoughtful. This wasn't a practical problem in the slightest, so she could dismiss him, and yet... eleven PhDs? That seemed like a lot of something she knew to be coveted by the mass populus. So she found herself looking around, as if searching for something for him to do: though her eyes just fell to the urn.

At first, the idea seemed utterly silly: why try to get someone who probably knew nothing of her country or the rich history behind the urn to fix it? But the recent events in Khura'in, especially after her dealings with a certain attorney, had gotten her to be far more pragmatic.

"I see. I fear this job is hardly practical, at least until we get to the perpetrator. But if you're a 'fixer'... You may still help." She gestured towards the urn. "This sacred treasure was broken by the antics of someone who will be brought to justice momentarily! But while that happens, and if you would be so kind as to treat it with deserved care, you may have the privilege to put it back together."
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by ToonBlade Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:35 am

Engineer looks over at the broken pieces. He cracks a grin. "Put an urn back together? Shucks, that'll be no problem, miss. I'll fix 'er up in a jiffy, better 'n new. 'Course..."

He points to the Doctor and the wee li'l detective. "I'll let 'em folks finish up with lookin' at it first. Don' wanna disrupt this investigation 'n all. But I'll set up my station in the meantime."

Engineer finds a good place on the side of the room. Once there, he employs whatever trickery lawyers and prosecutors of this world use to haul around mountains of evidence and pulls out two full tool boxes from hammer space. He then uses the fancy wrench he had on hand and beats the things. As he does, the boxes pop open, loud mechanical whirring and clicking coming from inside. They stretch and expand until eventually where there were two tool boxes now sits a workbench and a nice chair.

The Enginner just stands back and smiles, waitin' for the others to finish with the urn.
ToonBlade
ToonBlade

Back to top Go down

Post by DimitriBarronmore Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:17 pm

Jessica wrote:The Adventure Book - Page 2 Soj_pe16
"My name is Pearl Fey. Nice to meet you all."

Oh, introductions! Of course!

The Adventure Book - Page 2 Crywip10
* Perhaps a little too quickly, embarrassed to have forgotten, you introduce yourself to the room as Frisk Chia... No, Detective Frisk Chianti. Yeah.

Turning next to the Doctor, he might catch the child studying his reaction for a second before replying.

* You nod, telling him to start wherever he sees fit. As for you...

The Adventure Book - Page 2 Bored10
Gently circling around the displaced fake-glass dome, Frisk shifts it just a little to get a better look at the edge.
* It looks like someone cut themselves here. And whoever put this back on the pedestal must have done so in a hurry. You wonder...
* You ask Jinxie how exactly she bumped her arm?
DimitriBarronmore
DimitriBarronmore

https://dimitri-barronmore.carrd.co/

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:20 pm

DimitriBarronmore wrote:Oh, introductions! Of course!

The Adventure Book - Page 2 Crywip10
* Perhaps a little too quickly, embarrassed to have forgotten, you introduce yourself to the room as Frisk Chia... No, Detective Frisk Chianti. Yeah.

Turning next to the Doctor, he might catch the child studying his reaction for a second before replying.

* You nod, telling him to start wherever he sees fit. As for you...
*The Doctor starts looking around the room before really waiting for Frisk to give him permission, expecting they would. When Frisk gives their name he doesn't react at all, almost as if he knew it already.*
The Adventure Book - Page 2 PDjTvxJ
Thank you Detective Frisk, it should be easy to get the bottom of this I think.
ToonBlade wrote:He points to the Doctor and the wee li'l detective. "I'll let 'em folks finish up with lookin' at it first. Don' wanna disrupt this investigation 'n all. But I'll set up my station in the meantime."
*The Doctor notices a brown button on the floor, which he then picks up.*
Hm? Oh no, provided Detective Frisk is finished I don't think there's much more to be found on the urn. This though is interesting...

*He turns to the others holding up the button.*
The Adventure Book - Page 2 I6djy66
I believe some of the vendors outside had somewhat similar buttons, although I'm sure buttons such as these aren't terribly rare.
Aliucon wrote:Jinxie bows her head at Frisk, sighing in relief- which didn't wash through her face, actually. Aside from her usual scowl, she really seemed jumpy in general.

"Y-Yeah, we wouldn't want anyone hurt. We already have the yokai to worry about-"

When Pearl pointed out the charm on her arm, she held it in shock and withdrew a step, then bowed her head again.

"Ah, forgive me! I-It's... not misplaced. I bumped my arm badly and I had nothing else to patch it up with..."

Her voice got quieter as Pearl got occupied with answering the others.
*The Doctor paused, he wanted to ask more about something Jinxie just said, but decided to wait for her to answer Frisk first and so watched waiting for her response.*
The Adventure Book - Page 2 PDjTvxJ
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:33 am

When Detective Frisk and Mr. Doctor turn to Jinxie to ask her about her forearm, in a clear response to the blood on the pedestal, Pearl was visibly disturbed for a short while. One might infer that she was just worried for a friend getting wrongly accused of a crime.

But then Pearl noticed the button that Mr. Doctor had just found.

The Adventure Book - Page 2 Soj_pe42
“Oh...! It’s theirs...!”
“Mr. Doctor, this button! I’ve seen it before, they belong to the couple who was here yesterday!”
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:20 pm

Rayfa regards the engineers' do-dats with some incredulous blinking. Not that she was so shocked about how they produced that amount of material at once, but how it seemed to get fixed by simple hits of the wrench, so aimless and uncaring that they should be doing nothing but bashing the thing. The things one sees in foreign countries... She eventually just looked away towards Frisk's investigation, and by consequence, her gaze fell on Jinxie. She seemed to get exponentially more worried once interrogated by Frisk.

"Ahhhhh... Well... That was... You see..."

"Out with it. Withholding anything from the detective will just make it worse," Rayfa urged her, glaring. Jinxie shrunk.

"I-I'm sorry! I was performing a rite to keep the yokai away you see. So I-I was walking all around the pedestal doing the motions... A-And I bumped my arm onto the corner here, s-so it drew blood! And it hurt a lot... S-So I went to my room right away to patch it up, b-but... I was scared that now that I didn't complete it, the yokai would come in full force. A-And that must be what happened! They smashed the urn!"

Rayfa, unimpressed, looked at the dome again.

"... Is that why the angle of it is different now? Tch. What a weak piece of protection. Why, if everyone knew it was that easy to displace, the urn could have been stolen at any point!! Such protection standards should not be acceptable!"

"M-Miss Maya said it was never a problem for them before..." Jinxie risked interjecting. "So long as it looked safe... A-And either she or Miss Pearl would be here a lot to explain the history to visitors... But now it's smashed, and even the cloth is gone..."

"... The what?" Rayfa asked, head tilting.

"Oh, um, the urn and the glass were on top of a velvet cloth. I-I just noticed... I don't see it anymore..."

Pearl can also confirm this was one of the things that were present on its initial presentation, but aren't anymore. Even given her recollection of events, she's not sure when it disappeared.

Rayfa, filing that mentally but moving on to what the Doctor and Pearl were checking, went on to say.

"Hm, so they left a button here too. That group seems more suspicious by the minute. It would be useful to do some recon across the streets and see if they still happen to be around. It is... a 'thing' that the criminal always comes to the scene twice, right?" She seemed pretty proud about that one.
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:45 am

Aliucon wrote:"I-I'm sorry! I was performing a rite to keep the yokai away you see. So I-I was walking all around the pedestal doing the motions... A-And I bumped my arm onto the corner here, s-so it drew blood! And it hurt a lot... S-So I went to my room right away to patch it up, b-but... I was scared that now that I didn't complete it, the yokai would come in full force. A-And that must be what happened! They smashed the urn!"
Excuse me, Jinxie is it? I've noticed you've mentioned Yokai a few times now, are they a common sight around here?
"Oh, um, the urn and the glass were on top of a velvet cloth. I-I just noticed... I don't see it anymore..."
The Adventure Book - Page 2 DbzeUbJ
Really? It seems rather odd that they'd break the urn yet the cloth would go missing.
Jessica Ilha wrote:The Adventure Book - Page 2 Soj_pe42
“Oh...! It’s theirs...!”
“Mr. Doctor, this button! I’ve seen it before, they belong to the couple who was here yesterday!”
"Hm, so they left a button here too. That group seems more suspicious by the minute. It would be useful to do some recon across the streets and see if they still happen to be around. It is... a 'thing' that the criminal always comes to the scene twice, right?" She seemed pretty proud about that one.
*The Doctor looked over to Pearl again.*
Would you recognise the couple again if you saw them Miss Fey?
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:15 am

The Adventure Book - Page 2 Soj_pe17
"Yes!", she promptly answered. But then she tried to picture the couple inside her head, and only got blurry images.

"I mean, Yes...? Hopefully?"
"I've only seen the wife twice or so, but her husband... Hm... He looked familiar, but I can't really remember why..."
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:26 am

When the Doctor directed her a question, Jinxie perked up, but still seemed troubled in some way.

"T-They're not supposed to be! Most people can't see, or they're bothered little by them. But I have to take all precautions necessary...!"

"A zeal which would be very appreciated if directed towards protecting the urn physically as well," sneered Rayfa, though she didn't glare this time. Instead, she waved that off with a flourish of her hand. "Regardless, I hardly think any evil spirits are involved in this case."

Jinxie seemed despondent at that, and still pretty nervous, but she didn't speak further. She seemed to be looking at the small detective Frisk more than the others in the room.

Rayfa, on the other hand, finally decided to double-check the hot dog from earlier. Pearl said that it was... Edible...

She sniffed it first, as if she couldn't quite believe the statement. Finally, she took a bite. And after some munching, the corner of her mouth raised a bit in a smile.

"... Hm. Hey, this is... Actually pretty good."

Jinxie looked her way. Rayfa noticed and, after a pause and a suspicious look, offered the treat to Jinxie, which bowed her head and shook it a bit.

"N-No, thank you, Miss Rayfa..."
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:47 am

Aliucon wrote:"A zeal which would be very appreciated if directed towards protecting the urn physically as well," sneered Rayfa, though she didn't glare this time. Instead, she waved that off with a flourish of her hand. "Regardless, I hardly think any evil spirits are involved in this case."
The Adventure Book - Page 2 Ro3R8IB
Really? Oh well I'm sure you're right, still in my experience it's always best to not rule out anything immediately.
Jessica Ilha wrote:The Adventure Book - Page 2 Soj_pe17
"Yes!", she promptly answered. But then she tried to picture the couple inside her head, and only got blurry images.

"I mean, Yes...? Hopefully?"
"I've only seen the wife twice or so, but her husband... Hm... He looked familiar, but I can't really remember why..."
Well, then perhaps seeing them again would help jog your memory.

*He turns to Frisk*
With your permission Detective, perhaps Miss Fey and I should see if we can find this couple?
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:32 pm

RP End

Reason: The time limit outlined in the first post has been reached! Unfortunately, the goal has not been reached...

Epilogue

The day trudges on, with all parties hard at work (except for Rayfa, which is just there to look important).

Frisk makes enough discoveries to put together what happened around the whole place. The proximity of the urn's shards to the pillar, as well as the way they cracked, indicate that the hit they took was lateral, likely from the dome itself when someone carelessly tried removing it. It had all been likely an accident. With Jinxie to help put together what the place looked like in their mind, and some of the time frame that Rayfa herself gave based on what Maya and Pearl said, Frisk concludes it had been someone that came in the dead of night, in the dark, and that didn't notice the dome was light enough to lift and carefully put aside, instead choosing to yank it at full force and accidentally bash the urn. But who would do such a thing...?

Pearl and the Doctor do go out of their way to look around for the mystery couple, and they find the woman seen, a mature-looking woman entertaining kids next to her burger stand by swiping a cloth from underneath a number of plates. Her name is Artie Fact and she's defensive about the questioning at first, but she definitely seems suspicious. However, she's utterly horrified after hearing that the urn was broken! Angered, she confesses that she DID have an interest in the urn: but in stealing it as an artifact to add to her ever growing collection. But because her boyfriend at the time, which she refers to as a professional artist but also an idiot, fell over and got himself hurt when they'd make the attempt to get the urn, they had to retreat before they could do anything. This boyfriend was apparently a crybaby and thus Artie sent him back to the city to get patched up further, so he wasn't there. The recounting was apparently what Pearl had witnessed, and even under Magatama scrutiny, Artie denied trying to go there again the same night. So they still didn't have their true culprit...

And thus the truth was lost forever...

... Or was it?

For Rayfa, it certainly left a bad taste in her mouth. Once she heard of Artie, she insisted she took some responsibility due to her wicked wishes. But since the law system in Japanifornia isn't as harsh as in Khura'in, she found no recourse for her accusations and let the matter drop. Still, she promised to keep a close eye on that character in particular.

Thankfully, the unlikely figure of the Engineer was a godsend. After what would seem to some as a few hits of the wrench, the urn would be good as new, still specked with the dry paint. Even the master of the house, Maya, was impressed with his work. Thus, even though a culprit was not found, the festival would be able to happen without an issue the next day. And everyone that helped was invited! And so came the festival...

Where are they now?

The Doctor did participate, although it's hard to say exactly when and where she chose to disappear, or go incognito (or at least, more than usual). Though Frisk couldn't quite get to the bottom of the mystery, they still relished in the fact things worked out in the end, and went on about enjoying the time amongst the many kinds of people that participated, and occasionally getting plain hotdogs to go. The Engineer, after a job well done but with no idea of how to get back home, cracked a cold one in a corner and laid on a recliner for enough time for him to be awarded a random weapon drop: the Eureka Effect. After getting it, he used its special ability to teleport back to the respawn room in Dustbowl, whereupon BLU proceeded to win the round immediately after. He was happily back where be belonged.

Pearl helped Maya and Jinxie set up things around further. Though Rayfa's presence by itself brought a few onlookers, a lot of them seemed interested in the festivities and at least passed by the front of the Manor to hear about the Fey family and be shown the urn: from a respectable distance. Maya was even surprised when Larry Butz, of all people, passed by to see how things were going. He claimed that, naturally, he wanted to support the fair and beautiful Maya on her endeavors, though he seemed pretty embarrassed about giving any further details about any other reasons he was around. Once more, Pearl felt she was seeing someone familiar, but Larry was out of sight before she could really question him further.

After the whole thing, Rayfa announced her leave, but not without wishing the members of the family her best, and, still a bit hurt, thanking Maya. She'd be on her way back to Khura'in, to work alongside her two partners on the whole legal system there.

<---->

And that's that. Thanks for everyone who participated~
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:46 pm

Oops, double-post. But just wanted to make it clear.

This is currently open to anyone else that might want to set up to DM.

Also, patch notes for the thread:

- Maximum time limit increased from one month to two, and you can now increase the time limit (up to the maximum amount) after it's been issued so long as users/players are OK with that;
- Editted DM rule 4;
- Added DM rule 8.
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:00 pm

Ok, it's a shame the last one ended how it did but I respect Aliucon didn't want to make an exception to his own rules for himself, so I'd like to try out a scenario.

World: No Series: A version of England in 1863.

Setup: It was a dark and stormy night. On this night, some strangers arrive in a dark castle some distance from the closest village. Something, is waiting in the shadows, hiding a terrible secret and everyone might not survive the night...

It was a small Castle Sir Rhubarb owned, one which was funded on the back of his rather storied adventurous life. A traveller and entrepreneur, he had lived a long and full life and was enjoying his retirement in his home amongst his family, with the occasional visits from his friends he'd met over the years being his main source of entertainment. Living with him were a few assorted family members. Although he never married even after settling down he still has family, the next in line being his eldest Nephew. A selfish man with much contempt for any who do not know their station, Sir Rhubarb's Nephew did not get along with his Uncle, and his Uncle had only agreed to make him his heir to honour the wishes of his late Mother. Of the staff in his small castle home there were two maids and a butler. On this dark and stormy night, the family had taken to sitting in the living room in order to discuss the goings on in the nearby village, the main topic on everyone's minds being the ghastly murders that had been taking place there. Killings which, if not for the clearly premeditated conditions in which they had taken place, would have been thought to have been committed by a wild beast of some kind.

Goal: Survive the night. (There might be more to the situation than meets the eye.)

Time Limit: One Month (the 15th March to 15th April)

Notes: I've only named Sir Rhubarb as I want the option to be there if people want to have their characters be a part of the family or staff at the castle with the integration option. You can choose to be one of the ones I've mentioned or invent perhaps a relative of Sir Rhubarb's or someone related to the Nephew, or you can choose to simply have your character be someone from the nearby village or a character who just appears from their own world in the castle. I will be taking the roles I've mentioned that others don't as NPCs who can be interacted with.

Characters in this RP will be hunted and it will be possible to get killed, however there will be clues presented in order for characters to have the knowledge to defend themselves against the threats. This RP could end with no characters getting killed or with everyone being killed, I will always give people a fighting chance however. For this reason, it's important that your character doesn't have many superhuman powers. I will allow characters who have some strength, skill with weapons and abilities beyond regular humans, however the main point of this RP is to try and avoid and find the weakness to be used against the threats that are faced rather than fight them directly. Therefore, characters with superhuman strength will only be allowed if it's very mild. I'm allowing a little leeway as people will be free to take characters who aren't human, who therefore might have more strength than regular humans but not to the level of someone like Spider-man or something.
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:37 pm

Count me in! Again!

Character Name: Fuu Hououji (the poor girl was blessed with a terrible name)
Series: Magic Knight Rayearth
Integration: Yes - as a character that just appeared at the village, maybe? It's up to you, though ^^;
Extra Info:
1) It must be hard to live in England being called "Fuu", so let's do this girl a favour and call her "Anne Hououji". It's her name in the Brazilian dub anyway (*nostalgy intensifies*)
2) Since it's a RP rule that the characters should be human, this Anne comes to the RP with the character development of between seasons 1 and 2, but as a normal human girl. No magic sword, no magic armour, and more important, no freaking Mecha Rune God.
3) All the things that happened during the first season are, for this Anne, good memories of a RPG she played. She is canonically a RPG player, so yeah, it just works.
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Triplemathics Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:42 pm

Count me in as well! Didn't wanna miss out this time.

Character name: Liselotte "Elise" Blanchard
Series: This story
Integration: Yes, she is one of the maids at Castle Rhubarb.
Extra info: Originally of German descent, Liselotte mostly goes by "Elise" to those familiar to her in England. She fears persecution for being German, and hides her German roots for this reason.
Triplemathics
Triplemathics

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:54 pm

Character Name: Alyssa Hale (& Bates)
Series: Clock Tower
Integration: Yes- Feel free to make them a member of the family, possibly on the nephew's side, but make your best judgement call for it either way.

Extra Info: I'm playing based on the knowledge she has in the beginning of the game, as in she has no idea why she's the way she is. And since this is a bit obscure of a game, I'll give the basics that I'd hope to stay true through integration: Alyssa is a meek kid with another personality sharing her body, one which calls himself Bates (Sho in the japanese version, but the translated names should work best for the setting). Bates often takes over when Alyssa sees something particularly scary or horrific, so long as she doesn't have her amulet- which is something that was given to her early in life specifically to prevent this swap. The personalities share general knowledge but not specific memories between themselves, and can't communicate with each other. They have completely different dispositions as well, as Bates is borderline murderous.
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:28 am

((Ok, "Anne Hououji" is accepted, I've talked with Jess about a place for her to start off in the RP. Elise is also accepted, seems pretty well integrated so I don't think I need to add much, glad to see you take part Triple. Alyssa is accepted and I think if you wanted her on the Nephew's side, going by how it sounds her personality is, being Sir Rhubarb's Niece might make the most sense. I'll hold off naming the Butler and other Maid until it's needed in the RP for if others want to fill that role, but I'll name the Nephew Frederick I think. Apps are still welcome from here but I suggest you read the story from here on to find the best place to join in. Feel free to PM me if you want help choosing a way to bring your character in.))

*The rain lashed down on the windows outside, the dark sky only on occasion being illuminated by lightning for a brief moment before the darkness crept back. Inside the living room of the castle sat the family, Sir Rhubarb in his favourite armchair with his pipe, Frederick looking bored, sat on a sofa with his sister Alyssa. Rhubarb had been regaling them with more tales of his travels in his youth, this one involving him visiting a small village where he had been gathering local gossip about a lost treasure. Also in the room were two Maids, one of which was Liselotte "Elise" Blanchard, both of whom were making final preparations in the room for guests who had yet to arrive. The Butler was awaiting a call at the front door from the guests from the village should they arrive, and serving drinks from Sir Rhubarb's personal bar when asked for them.*

Frederick: You are lucky they're late Uncle. I fear for the state this Castle will be in when I become it's owner, considering how long it takes your servants to clean the place.

Rhubarb: Now Frederick, it will be many years I'm sure before you become the owner of this place. I do not have any plans to leave this world just yet.

*Frederick looks to the ground for a moment, only mouthing rather than vocalising.*
Frederick: More's the pity...

Rhubarb: As for our guests however, I fear this dreadful storm is likely keeping them. It is quite a beastly night... and with the goings on in the Village recently I do hope they make it here safely.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Meanwhile, two rooms down, a sound rings out as something appears.*
The Adventure Book - Page 2 LYrjU6a
*Inside, which strangely is larger than the outside, there are two occupants, one of which is a man who presses a few buttons on a console in the centre of the room.*
The Adventure Book - Page 2 KjslHy2
There, that should do it yes... London, April the 7th, 1863. In the heart of the Victorian era, always a favourite of mine. I've visited it many times before... and I hope in many years to come. Now, this is the year when the first section of the London Underground was opened to the public. London in this era is quite the place to visit I'll have you know. It's not for the faint of heart however, there's much to see... and much to be wary of. Still Anne, stay with me and I'm sure we will be fine. Just try to keep a low profile... it's best not to attract too much attention on the streets.

*The TARDIS door opens as the man turns to Anne.*
The Adventure Book - Page 2 H4IfOb6
Well then, let's get going shall we?
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next