Case Files Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Adventure Book

+2
ToonBlade
DimitriBarronmore
6 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Adventure Book - Page 5 Empty Re: The Adventure Book

Post by Jessica Ilha Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:09 pm

After thinking over and over again, Anne approached the Doctor. At first she tried to look right into his eyes, but averted them just as quickly.

"Doctor, I... May I go with them?"

She knew she actually didn't have to ask him for permission or anything, but maybe he counted with her help with the TARDIS?

"I know that this is usually your role, I mean, you're the one who always volunteers to help every single person you can, but... You know you're the only one who can bring the TARDIS back. And I want to be helpful too. I can't just stay here and do nothing as our time ticks faster and faster. Besides..."

She approached a tad more, lowering her voice in order to not let anybody else hear her words.

"Besides, we can't just let them handle an object they weren't supposed to even know about. Let me handle the flashlight for them."
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Triplemathics Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:20 pm

"........"
Liselotte bit her lip and lowered her gaze. That... artificial light was uncomfortable. The Doctor's whole existence was uncomfortable, in fact. Magic phone boxes? Instantaneous lights and at that intensity? So many bizarre events were happening and he spoke as if he had all the answers, and answers he'd provide with his own brand of sorcery. No, this man could not be trusted.

"Perhaps I should stay after all. It would be dangerous to go all at once: this is what we concluded, correct? That aside, I'm reluctant to put our lives at the mercy of a stranger, Doctor or otherwise." She spoke with a purpose in her voice. "Lord Rhubarb, I must suggest we reconsider letting this man lead us astray in our own mansion. Can we trust that he's not behind what's happening? Just look at these magical trinkets of his! I vowed to help best I can, and that's why I must say that it is madness to trust him so blindly."
Triplemathics
Triplemathics

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:43 pm

Aliucon wrote:"I assume you only have one of these," he commented, arms crossed. "If we are splitting, and this thing works as well as you claim, the group without it will be at a disadvantage... But it's better than not to have it at all."
The Adventure Book - Page 5 SST1bBi
Sadly, at least only one on me, which is why the other group will remain here whilst we still have the light in this room. It's not the ideal solution but it's the best chance we have for now.

Jessica Ilha wrote:After thinking over and over again, Anne approached the Doctor. At first she tried to look right into his eyes, but averted them just as quickly.

"Doctor, I... May I go with them?"

She knew she actually didn't have to ask him for permission or anything, but maybe he counted with her help with the TARDIS?

"I know that this is usually your role, I mean, you're the one who always volunteers to help every single person you can, but... You know you're the only one who can bring the TARDIS back. And I want to be helpful too. I can't just stay here and do nothing as our time ticks faster and faster. Besides..."

She approached a tad more, lowering her voice in order to not let anybody else hear her words.

"Besides, we can't just let them handle an object they weren't supposed to even know about. Let me handle the flashlight for them."
The Adventure Book - Page 5 XFjtzIM
I suppose, it's looking to be the only option.

*He hands the flashlight to her.*
The Adventure Book - Page 5 HQO4cmu
As brilliant as I am, you're not a bad option to lead the group in my place Anne.
The Adventure Book - Page 5 MqnHn1D
Oh, and one other thing...

*He puts his hand into his pocket again, pulling out a cat brooch, similar to the one he wears on his jacket, but somewhat bigger.*
It's not really going to be a lot of help, but it is made of pure silver. I believe you'll be able to find some use for it given what we know.
The Adventure Book - Page 5 P356CXW
I wish I had more I could give you, but it will have to do.

*He hands it to her.*
He stepped towards the butler, and spied over to Liselotte, as if expecting her to volunteer like before. Then focusing on the butler again, whose name eluded him.

"I'm going with your group. I heard you before, Uncle," he complained, vocally, before a response could come. "Trust me, I'm more suited to it than you think. I'm not scared at all. I even feel it'd be safer." The hint of a smug smile formed in his lips.
Rhubarb: Hm. Normally I wouldn't dream of allowing such a thing...
Triplemathics wrote:"........"
Liselotte bit her lip and lowered her gaze. That... artificial light was uncomfortable. The Doctor's whole existence was uncomfortable, in fact. Magic phone boxes? Instantaneous lights and at that intensity? So many bizarre events were happening and he spoke as if he had all the answers, and answers he'd provide with his own brand of sorcery. No, this man could not be trusted.

"Perhaps I should stay after all. It would be dangerous to go all at once: this is what we concluded, correct? That aside, I'm reluctant to put our lives at the mercy of a stranger, Doctor or otherwise." She spoke with a purpose in her voice. "Lord Rhubarb, I must suggest we reconsider letting this man lead us astray in our own mansion. Can we trust that he's not behind what's happening? Just look at these magical trinkets of his! I vowed to help best I can, and that's why I must say that it is madness to trust him so blindly."
Rhubarb: I understand your concerns Elise, however, I can assure you I know this man and he is our best chance in a crisis. He has some unbelievable devices, but I have seen him do everything it takes to help everyone survive before, as odd as he appears. I also believe it is a sound plan to get more oil from the basement regardless of who suggests it.

Garvin: I can manage it alone Sir.

Rhubarb: No. I have decided, the younger and fitter of us are the ones who stand the best chance of reaching the basement, and the safest place for Alyssa would be if she is with your group. I shall remain here with the Doctor, the rest of you shall go together.

Frederick: I think bloody not! I will stay here thank you.

Rhubarb: If you wish to still have an inheritance at the end of this Frederick, you will go with them.

Frederick:...

Rhubarb: And Elise, I know the safest place for both of them would be by your side.
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:16 pm

Anne took both the flashlight and the cat brooch, pinning the latter on her blazer just as soon.

"Thank you, Doctor. I'll make sure to..." She shook her head. "No, I'd rather not have to use the brooch. I hope I don't have to..."

She turned to the other ladies (and Frederick) in the room.

"We really should be going. The faster we find the oil, the safer all of us are. I'm ready to go whenever you are."
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:43 pm

((I might have gotten busy since Easter so I'm sorry for not addressing this here.

I'm here to say it's totally fine for Regi to continue further despite the time being up since he can use an extension.

Furthermore, since I wasn't here to say that specifically at the time the extension would be required, the limit would be moved up to May 20th instead of May 15th.))
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Triplemathics Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:46 pm

Liselotte nodded. She had no reason to object when everyone entrusted her with their lives. If her master trusted her with his life, then she would do everything to live up to that trust.

"Yes, Lord Rhubarb. I understand." She turned to Anne, "Indeed. Let us be off, shall we? Lord Frederick, I suggest you stay close to me while the others follow behind. Hmm, who should bring up the rear?"
Triplemathics
Triplemathics

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:58 am

Jessica Ilha wrote:Anne took both the flashlight and the cat brooch, pinning the latter on her blazer just as soon.

"Thank you, Doctor. I'll make sure to..." She shook her head. "No, I'd rather not have to use the brooch. I hope I don't have to..."

She turned to the other ladies (and Frederick) in the room.

"We really should be going. The faster we find the oil, the safer all of us are. I'm ready to go whenever you are."
Triplemathics wrote:Liselotte nodded. She had no reason to object when everyone entrusted her with their lives. If her master trusted her with his life, then she would do everything to live up to that trust.

"Yes, Lord Rhubarb. I understand." She turned to Anne, "Indeed. Let us be off, shall we? Lord Frederick, I suggest you stay close to me while the others follow behind. Hmm, who should bring up the rear?"
Frederick: Certainly not me. I will stay in the middle if I really have to take part in this ridiculous exercise.

Garvin: I shall keep to the back, I am prepared to see to it none of you face any harm, and whilst we know the way, it would be best the one at the front be the torch-bearer.

*The Doctor gives Anne a quick smile before swivelling around looking away from them.*
The Adventure Book - Page 5 QbVjaah
Well, off you go then, the lack of all of you buzzing around should help me focus more.

*He begins examining the spot where the TARDIS once was again.*

Rhubarb: Do take care all of you.
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:57 am

Seeing the Doctor's smile, Anne slightly nodded, as if saying "leave it to me".

"I'll be taking the lead, then. With Miss Elise by my side, of course; I've got absolutely no idea how to get to the cellar..."

Without further ado, Anne walked to the corridor, where she proceeded to switch the flashlight on, testing how far she could see with it, how strong the light really was etc.
As soon as Liselotte takes the lead, Anne will be following her closely.
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:40 pm

While he saw the others rank up into an order of sorts, it occurred to him to check what he had on him. Nothing. And he never really got to figure out where the amulet ended up. He'd manage it- he just hoped he wouldn't need Alyssa's own knowledge of the mansion to get through.

At least it seemed Rhubarb had allowed him to take part after all. He followed along, roughly in the middle alongside Frederick, following behind the leading girls.

He'd keep an eye on the walls. How was the decorating since last time he was out? Maybe there'd be something useful like a weapon mounted in wooden supports that could be used. As much as he and the Doctor agreed on the silver being important, he wasn't going to rely on something as small as that brooch.
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Triplemathics Sun May 03, 2020 10:56 pm

[OOC: I apologize for taking a while between posts; things have been a bit busy in my daily life. I'll endeavour to keep it more consistent with everyone else.]

Liselotte nodded and forced a smile towards Anne and the others, whereupon she lead the way toward the cellar. The hallway was fully enveloped with darkness, only the slightest shimmer of starlight broke through the windows. Liselotte kept a steady breath and her figure was hardened from determination. As before, she showed no sign of nervousness or fear.

"Let us keep a slow pace and ensure no one has left the group. Miss Anne, would you check that the person behind you is present?"

Her tone was gentle, if lacking in warmth.
Triplemathics
Triplemathics

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha Fri May 08, 2020 12:42 pm

Anne thought that Liselotte's request was quite strange. So strange, in fact, she thought she might've misheard the whole affair. But, in case she did not, it wouldn't hurt the slightest to do as asked.

"Sure!", she replied with a smile.

Anne turned back to check with everyone behind her, which would be everyone but Liselotte, was still behind her. Of course, there was no possible way to do it while walking ahead, so she had to stop for a moment. And she couldn't check behind her without turning the source light with her.

With that said, for a couple of seconds, it's possible that Liselotte could've not walked ahead without stumbling into something. The people behind Anne might've been startled by the sudden light on their eyes, too.

"One, two... Yes, everyone here, Miss Elise!"

Anne closed her eyes for a split second while smiling, and what she saw after she re-opened them was surely bone-chilling.

"Is that... Is someone there?!"

Anne shouted towards the opposite end of the corridor (as in, the end everyone has their backs turned to). She thought she saw a shadow that didn't belong to anyone in the group lurking in that direction, but...

... could it be...?
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Sat May 09, 2020 3:26 am

Jessica Ilha wrote:Anne thought that Liselotte's request was quite strange. So strange, in fact, she thought she might've misheard the whole affair. But, in case she did not, it wouldn't hurt the slightest to do as asked.

"Sure!", she replied with a smile.

Anne turned back to check with everyone behind her, which would be everyone but Liselotte, was still behind her. Of course, there was no possible way to do it while walking ahead, so she had to stop for a moment. And she couldn't check behind her without turning the source light with her.

With that said, for a couple of seconds, it's possible that Liselotte could've not walked ahead without stumbling into something. The people behind Anne might've been startled by the sudden light on their eyes, too.

"One, two... Yes, everyone here, Miss Elise!"

Anne closed her eyes for a split second while smiling, and what she saw after she re-opened them was surely bone-chilling.

"Is that... Is someone there?!"

Anne shouted towards the opposite end of the corridor (as in, the end everyone has their backs turned to). She thought she saw a shadow that didn't belong to anyone in the group lurking in that direction, but...

... could it be...?
*Frederick stuck with Aylssa, when Anne seemed to spot something behind them he immediately made sure Garvin who was at the back was definitely between him and whatever was there. Garvin meanwhile tried to make out what was behind them.*

Garvin: It... seems to be the size of a man.

*Despite his usually stony demeanour, Garvin was clearly beginning to panic somewhat.*

Frederick: What the hell should we do!?!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
*Meanwhile, the Doctor continues trying to bring the TARDIS back as Rhubarb takes a seat.*

Rhubarb: Still a lot of flapping around it seems then.
The Adventure Book - Page 5 Y7zjtJR
I don't flap around thank you, my movements are always filled with poise and purpose.

Rhubarb: ...You're definitely younger, aren't you?
Hard to say, I've had a lot of faces, time doesn't work the way humans expect for a Timelord.

Rhubarb: So it would seem... but I'm not talking about how you look Sir, I'm talking about your manner. You're certainly no less brash... but, well when I met you before... your young face couldn't hide those weary eyes.
Well then, if I am younger, you really shouldn't be telling me too much of my future Sir Rhubarb.

Rhubarb: Perhaps not, I apologise, it's just strange to me, I've seen many a man in this life, and the man I met that day, despite his youth, had the look I've seen on old men who have been through much torment over their lives. You certainly look as though you've seen hardships but... perhaps I've said too much, I apologise.
The universe can be a cruel dark place Sir Rhubarb, you were a traveller yourself yes? Even travelling just this world alone you must have seen that. I'm sure down the line I will have seen even more horrors. Sometimes it's the only thing I feel any certainty in.

Rhubarb: Indeed Doctor, which is why I take solace that it's not all there is of the world. If meeting you before taught me anything... it's that sometimes you need to be reminded of that.

Rhubarb: Is that why you travel with them?
Them?

Rhubarb: Ah, I shouldn't say too much, it's just the girl you're travelling with currently, Anne, it wasn't her you were with last time.
The Adventure Book - Page 5 7lyZM8y
Yes well, I'm sure years ago you were travelling and living with entirely different people correct?

Rhubarb: Well that's true, I suppose you're not with the same people always throughout your whole life. I hope you don't feel me too intrusive, but how did you meet Anne Doctor?
...I was in a difficult place, not that it's the first time I suppose, still I found myself alone. I travelled a bit and then we met one day. She had a truly inquisitive mind and, well following our meeting she told me she wanted to see the universe. It went on from there really.

Rhubarb: I see. She seems a nice girl, you certainly seem to get along well. Moreso than... well...
Ah, the me you met before was arguing a lot I take it?

Rhubarb: Well, they did seem a little troublesome.
The Adventure Book - Page 5 8kMVNGE
Sometimes they are, a lot of times perhaps... but if it weren't for them, I don't know where I would be now. Just don't ever tell any of them that though, I'd never hear the end of it...

Rhubarb: Ha ha, I see, and Anne's the same correct?
Well... yes. We've gotten through a lot of scrapes, the middle ages, an active volcano, then there were those flying saucers, those were a surprise...

Rhubarb: Flying saucers? What was on them, large tea cups?
No, they were rather generic if I'm to be frank, like an old earth movie come to life. But yes, we've certainly been travelling for... so long now.
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Triplemathics Wed May 13, 2020 11:02 pm

Murmuring began to stir in the backlines. Liselotte could tell that uncertainty had set in among the group, even though she had not turned to look. It was not fear that prevented her from doing so, but the safety of the group. Without eyes at the front of the group, Liselotte feared the worst, and so she steeled herself and kept eyes ahead.

"Miss Anne...? Did you spot someone? I do believe you said everyone's accounted for, so who...?"

Liselotte sighed and slowly exhaled, steadying her breath.
"...Well, I certainly hope my fears are unfounded."
Triplemathics
Triplemathics

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha Thu May 14, 2020 10:49 am

Anne quickly turned towards the direction they were supposed to be walking, partially trying to forget whatever the heck she saw, partially trying to just keep moving forward.

"I... Honestly, I'm... not sure. Maybe I did. Maybe I didn't. But if Mr. Gavin saw it too... then I did...?"

Anne took a deep breath, and then let out to herself, "I need to keep myself together. This is not how things are supposed to...", before she sighed loudly.

She needed to focus. There were things to be done, and they most certainly did not involve being worried.
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Fri May 15, 2020 10:48 pm

When Anne first turned, he blocked the blinding shine from his eyes a bit too late. This device that focused light was much stronger than any old lamp, and it obfuscated his view: which was unfortunate. Anne had seen something right after that, but when he turned to looked in that direction, his vision was impaired and he couldn't make out what it actually was.

"Keep moving already," he intruded. "We either hurry up or converge on it all at once. And I doubt that, if it's there now, any of you want to do that without actual weapons." He wasn't going to move ahead of Anne or Liselotte, but he definitely turned forward and waited for them to get moving.
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Sat May 16, 2020 4:39 am

Jessica Ilha wrote:"I... Honestly, I'm... not sure. Maybe I did. Maybe I didn't. But if Mr. Gavin saw it too... then I did...?"

Anne took a deep breath, and then let out to herself, "I need to keep myself together. This is not how things are supposed to...", before she sighed loudly.

She needed to focus. There were things to be done, and they most certainly did not involve being worried.

Aliucon wrote:When Anne first turned, he blocked the blinding shine from his eyes a bit too late. This device that focused light was much stronger than any old lamp, and it obfuscated his view: which was unfortunate. Anne had seen something right after that, but when he turned to looked in that direction, his vision was impaired and he couldn't make out what it actually was.

"Keep moving already," he intruded. "We either hurry up or converge on it all at once. And I doubt that, if it's there now, any of you want to do that without actual weapons." He wasn't going to move ahead of Anne or Liselotte, but he definitely turned forward and waited for them to get moving.
Garvin: I-indeed, it's best to keep moving.

*Frederick turned to Anne with a smile*
Frederick: Right, well in that case, Ladies first.

*The group reaches the cellar.*
Frederick: Right, we're here, now go and find it.

Garvin: Y-yes, right away.

*Garvin rushes forward and begins searching around the cellar.*
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The Doctor carries on working on the TARDIS as Rhubarb sits on the sofa.*

Rhubarb: I suppose you've seen a lot haven't you Doctor.
Yes. Still, it's a good job there's often something new, keeps me going I suppose.

Rhubarb: And this situation... something new is it?
The Adventure Book - Page 5 7lyZM8y
Perhaps, although... the more this carries on... the more eerily similar it is to certain... tales. Of course, I've come across my share of those, often myths are based upon some form of truth afterall, whether an ideal or an odd interpretation of the truth, Minotaurs, Krakens, Sasquatches, Vampires... need I go on?
Now, that's not to say I haven't had run-ins with things that could be described by your world as each. You know, it's funny. When dealing with the unusual humans always try to find something to identify a being as. You see a bull-like being walking on two legs, of course it's a Minotaur what else could it be? Certainly not a Nimon, no that wouldn't fit in with a human's idea of how the universe works.
Hmm, that's odd, usually someone's stopped me by now.

*He turns around.*
The Adventure Book - Page 5 MCfQ2xB
Oh... oh no...

*Rhubarb is sat in the chair, dead, his body with wounds all over it having been ravaged, and stood behind him is something tall, breathing heavily and staring at the Doctor.*
The Adventure Book - Page 5 BdIare4
But that's impossible... how could you have... how did you do that to him without me hearing a sound? I'd worked out how you've been managing to murder in such a savage way yet discreetly, you're a Werewolf... you still have the human part to you, it's what makes you even more dangerous than any old savage beast. You hide, strike, turn back into a human and 'disappear'.

*The Beast looks to almost give him a smile at this, it's fangs dripping.*
But, to commit such a travesty behind me as I spoke, to do that without me noticing at all. No, that is simply not possible.

???: WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE... WHAT IS... POSSIBLE... DOCTOR?
The Adventure Book - Page 5 UAX1ip6
Capable of speech then, I'd say I'm impressed, but that level of sentience only makes your violent acts more depraved.

???: WE NEED TO GET RID OF YOU... SUCH A SHAME... BUT THAT'S... HOW IT... IS...
We?

*The Werewolf begins slowly walking forward, clearly towering over the Doctor, the Doctor starts to back away slowly as it approaches.*
The Adventure Book - Page 5 F4OGQJw
!
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha Sat May 16, 2020 5:38 am

Anne had no way to know where to search on that cellar. With that, and considering she was the one holding the light anyway, she tried to stand somewhere to better help everyone else with some light.

That, of course, allowed her to have some time for herself.
"Be calm!," she thought. "Remember how things were supposed to unfold! You're now on the cellar, then you'll find some oil for the lamps, and then..."

It was so sudden. Sudden like a truck without breaks rushing toward you on an downhill expressway. It surely hurt like that truck would, too.

"Gone..." she muttered, trembling. "He's gone... What in the world...?"

That wasn't supposed to happen. Oh, no, it surely wasn't. But it did. It did, and now what? It's not like people could be brought back to life once they were dead!
Oh, they could, in fact, just like they do on some horror stories, but they're... simply not the same ever again. That much is true.

Anyone in the room could notice that the light source was trembling. If anyone would check on Anne, she'd look like she had just seen a ghost... or someone dying right in front of her eyes.
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Sat May 16, 2020 8:04 pm

As they reached the cellar, his expression mellowed for what might have been the first time since the discovery of the body. The cellar brought memories of when he'd hide himself in confusion after the transition when she didn't understand it yet. Back then, they must have thought Alyssa was mad during his appearances: or at least pretending and playing in some way.

It looked quite different since last time. Nonetheless, he went looking with Garvin, and would help him carry multiple lamps may he find them. He'd keep an eye for any other useful items too.

As he looked around the room, the flickering light caused him to glance at Anne, and see her aghast expression. He didn't care enough about her to ask: instead, he just followed where her gaze landed and, if finding nothing specific, would just go back to searching.
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Triplemathics Mon May 18, 2020 6:02 pm

Liselotte had quietly kept moving with the others. When Anne had begun to tremble, Liselotte tensed up and narrowed her eyes in thought.

"Miss Anne...? Are you quite alright? Perhaps you'd like me to carry the lantern for you?"

She did not yet look to where Anne was looking, but she did pay attention to the young lady's actions. Fear did not accelerate within a woman for no reason; Liselotte had taught herself that long ago. For now, she thought it best to stay close to Anne and keep her safe.
Triplemathics
Triplemathics

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha Tue May 19, 2020 10:55 am

Anne wasn't thinking straight anymore. Why should she even care anymore, anyway?
Maybe that's why Alyssa's indifference hurt so much. It was all her... no, their fault! How could they still be acting as if everything was perfectly normal??

"Why yes, Liselotte," Anne promptly shoved the lantern onto Liselotte's hand. "And while you're holding it, do blind the zombie maid at the door with it. Or don't. Whatever. I just don't care anymore."

Looking far more angry than her voice showed, Anne stomped her way to "Alyssa", and then proceeded to turn "her" with more strenght than one would think she had.

"It's all your fault!", she said under her breath. "I never meant for the Doctor to die, but look at you've made me do with your little interference! Who are you anyway? And why, or rather, how the hell did you get here? Just how could you...?"

Anne seemed rather mad, yeah, but she didn't seem to be delirious. All she was saying was, most probably, true.
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Tue May 19, 2020 1:39 pm

He was turned in the middle of the search, with more visible surprise. Not at the roughness of the manhandling, but at the sudden realization that no one had asked him that before. It was a weird opportunity arising in a tense moment. But he had to go one point at a time.

"My fault? Is the pressure making you go mad? I had nothing to do with it. Who do you think invaded who's home in this story?" However she turned him, if Anne's hand was still over Alyssa's body, he'd endeavor to push it away, similarly with more strength than Alyssa's own build suggested. "The only reason I'm here is because Alyssa saw that dead body."

A fist to his hips, he continued.

"I'm not answering everything when we're pressed for time. But the name's Bates. I've been with Alyssa since she was born. And if you're so convinced your Doctor is dead already, what are you going to do now? If you don't care anymore, don't get in our way because you're blaming someone else for your mistakes."
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha Tue May 19, 2020 2:04 pm

Anne let her hand be pushed away. However, Bates would notice that the hand didn't flicker as easily as expected of a girl's hand either.

And then Anne laughed.

"Who invaded who's home? Now that's a funny question!" Anne laughed a bit more. However, one could see she was not amused. "You know who invaded who's world, Bates! This is my world, my creation! I made every. Single. Thing. Around here! Except for you. You're the one who invaded my world!"

As the tension exponentially grew, things started to (metaphorically) crumble. Bates and Liselotte would notice that it had been a while since the others in the room have moved. They weren't moving at all. And by that, I mean not even breathing or blinking. Items that were in the room would disappear, only to reappear somewhere else. The paint on the walls were seemingly changing hue.

"There's no pressure for time! Do you want some oil for your lamps? Do you want it to be clear and bright again? Then let there be light!"

And then, all of a sudden, it wasn't dark anymore. It felt just like the sun had rose quite early.

"Just... just give me my Doctor back... Why did you have to interfere...?"

Suddenly breaking down, "Anne" let her knees fall to the floor, sobbing.

((Felt the need to say that I'm not godmodding, seriously, I'm sorry >> << ))
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Tue May 19, 2020 3:15 pm

((Don't worry, Jess, I trust you better than to think that xD))

Bates' breath held for some time. He looked around him to take in the changes. The air was stale, even for the norm. Nothing quite fit again. In spite of the storm, things were clear again. For a moment, he wished he could have talked it over with Alyssa. He was the practical type, and this random woman's words didn't resonate with him in any way that made sense... at first.

But it was indisputable that things were changed unnaturally. And it was at this woman's beck and call. Bates raised Alyssa's palm, looking at it. It felt just like Alyssa, in every way it had done before. It had been years- or had it? It still felt like it did back then. But if this was fabricated, and he wasn't accounted for...

This was ludicrous. But so had been his whole existence to begin with.

Yet he really couldn't feel the fear or confusion that would be washing over a normal person at the moment. He suppressed the urge to axe kick the woman down where she laid sobbing. He saw two ways out of this, but he didn't know which one would get him trapped into a dead end. Or if it did matter. He lowered Alyssa's hand and looked down at the woman.

"You can keep pushing the blame all you want. I had no knowledge I was intruding anywhere. All I did was answer Alyssa's distress. And suppose you crafted this world as you claim... You're the reason why that scenario happened, then. And you didn't handle an unexpected circumstance well, now, did you?"
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Triplemathics Wed May 20, 2020 11:00 am

Liselotte had not moved an inch during the scene between the two women—were they even "women", in fact?—and intently listened to the altercations going back and forth. At first, nothing seemed to register with her. She hadn't even blinked at the darkness creeping away into the shadows, or Anne's emotions going haywire. Liselotte stood with the lantern in her right hand, ensuring its light kept burning, treating it as if it were a precious pet. Then she took a step forward. Then another. Slow and deliberate.

How little she had understood. She had been slow and stupid, as always. Sometimes 'Elise' wondered if she was the zombie maid needing to be blinded with a lantern.

She stopped. Her eyes shifted between the two as she spoke.

"Yes, this truly is 'an unexpected circumstance'... I do not think I have a chance to understand even the slightest bit of what you two are discussing. But I do know one thing."

She held the lantern out in front of her, her arm outstretched.

"If this is some kind of witchcraft or dark sorcery, I will not hesitate to ensure neither of you will leave this building ever again... I may be a simple maid, but I know you two are beyond human understanding."

Then, a smirk crept onto her face. Not in mockery or arrogance. For once, she managed to be brave and express confidence. It had come at the moment where everything else fell apart around her, but as they say, hope is the last thing to abandon humans.

"But worry not. I'm no mad-woman. I will let you both explain yourselves first, if you like. Perhaps... Perhaps you can explain to me what you just said. I'm quite slow, yes? I'm not even from this country..."

The grin turned into a desperate smile. Liselotte wasn't looking at anything. Her eyes were blank and her attention scattered.
Triplemathics
Triplemathics

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha Wed May 20, 2020 5:09 pm

((Thanks, Randy! And thanks Randy and Triple for rolling along with this plot twist! And of course, thanks Regi for the plot twist♥))

Though some tears were still rolling in the deep on their face, "Anne" raised their head and looked at Liselotte.

"Oh, of course. Just what I needed, more unexpected happenings. Great."

"Anne" stood once more, wiping the tears from their face.

"You are a simple maid, Liselotte. That's your role here. Don't you go thinking you can ensure that I won't ever leave again... Not that I would want to, anyway."

"Anne" looked around, and sighed. What was the point of keeping it, anyway? Well, they couldn't bring herself to destroy it. No, they couldn't destroy such a meaningful scenario.

They never knew it would have such a tragic meaning, though.

Bates was right. They were to blame, even if a string of unexpected happenings slowly creeped on them and their control of the situation. Things were aggravating since the very beginning and they knew it. But they knew they couldn't simply amend it without making the Doctor suspicious. And now...

"Would you leave me alone? Just take your way back to wherever you came from."

"Anne" walked towards the nearest chair (which no one could really tell if it was there before) and let themselves sink in.

"I won't be answering any more questions. It just isn't worth it. So go away. I'll just wait for my end to come. Even if takes..." They chuckled. "... a whole eternity."

No matter what anyone says or do, "Anne" won't move a finger or say a word. If one wants answers, one would have to find a way to have them talking... or find the truth for themselves.
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next