Case Files Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Adventure Book

+2
ToonBlade
DimitriBarronmore
6 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Adventure Book - Page 4 Empty Re: The Adventure Book

Post by Jessica Ilha Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:57 am

Anne was shocked with Frederick's blunt answer to her question. Well, okay, he had a good point, but...

"This is not exactly what I meant..." Anne giggled, an awkward, where-can-I-hide-my-face kind of giggle. "I'll just assume that there are no other guests you know of, okay? Does that sounds right?"

She directed the last question at anyone in the room who could confirm it for her (as she didn't think Frederick would answer her politely anyway).

After the Doctor pointed out about the necklace, Anne approached him to take a better look on this matter.

"Oh, I know what this means!" she blurted. "It means that the criminal wasn't looking for money, ergo, they entered the mansion with the intention to kill!"

Anne looked like she was very proud of her cliche detective reasoning.

Lastly, Alyssa's words also caught Anne's attention.

"How can you be sure that the criminal is still around?" Anne tilted her head, not being able to follow Alyssa's train of thought there. "We rushed to the scene as soon as we heard poor Jane's scream; the criminal could not have ran to the corridor, or we'd see him. Even if they did, they would be, at most, in the next room or so, and would know better than stay severely outnumbered in this mansion... The most logical conclusion is that the criminal must have fled as soon as they heard our noises."

She stepped one step closer to Alyssa in a menacing manner.

"How can you know that they are still around?"
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:57 pm

Jessica Ilha wrote:Anne was shocked with Frederick's blunt answer to her question. Well, okay, he had a good point, but...

"This is not exactly what I meant..." Anne giggled, an awkward, where-can-I-hide-my-face kind of giggle. "I'll just assume that there are no other guests you know of, okay? Does that sounds right?"

Rhubarb: Indeed, you are the only ones we know of. Also, the only entrance into the castle is through the front gate.

Frederick: Well that's not true, any beast could get in through the windows couldn't it?

Rhubarb: Perhaps, although we haven't heard the sounds of breaking glass and the windows are locked in this dreadful weather, right Garvin?

*The Butler had been silently watching all the goings on, he was rather stone faced and tall.*

Garvin: Yes, I saw to it the windows have remained locked with the situation in the village.

After the Doctor pointed out about the necklace, Anne approached him to take a better look on this matter.

"Oh, I know what this means!" she blurted. "It means that the criminal wasn't looking for money, ergo, they entered the mansion with the intention to kill!"
The Adventure Book - Page 4 SST1bBi
Yes, that much is obvious, still, in that case, I fear this matches the killings taking place in the village correct?

Rhubarb: Oh... y-yes, I believe nothing was taken in those cases.

Aliucon wrote:He turned to the scene again, specifically looking towards Rhubarb, which he gestured towards.

"Hey. Old man. Are you just standing there waiting to be next? Whatever did this is still on the loose. You own this place, go get us a weapon or two to ward off this beast."

Rhubarb: Alyssa dear? Are you... feeling well?

*Frederick quickly cut in before Alyssa could answer her Uncle.*
Frederick: She's right, we need to get some firear-
The Adventure Book - Page 4 UAX1ip6
Now hold on. Before we all begin running around blasting at who knows what we need to get a bit more of an idea of the situation.
Lastly, Alyssa's words also caught Anne's attention.

"How can you be sure that the criminal is still around?" Anne tilted her head, not being able to follow Alyssa's train of thought there. "We rushed to the scene as soon as we heard poor Jane's scream; the criminal could not have ran to the corridor, or we'd see him. Even if they did, they would be, at most, in the next room or so, and would know better than stay severely outnumbered in this mansion... The most logical conclusion is that the criminal must have fled as soon as they heard our noises."

*The Doctor paused for a moment, hearing Anne's question he wanted to see what Alyssa would have to say.*
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:59 pm

Regiwi wrote:Rhubarb: Alyssa dear? Are you... feeling well?

*Frederick quickly cut in before Alyssa could answer her Uncle.*
Frederick: She's right, we need to get some firear-

Now hold on. Before we all begin running around blasting at who knows what we need to get a bit more of an idea of the situation.

Oh, right, he had to deal with that as well. His immediate wish was to just drop the pretense completely, but if the situation was as high tension as it seemed once he took over, that might be for the worse. He settled with a wave of his hand.

"I'm perfectly fine." He'd say, once there was a break in the dialog.

He ended up regretting this little bit of discretion later.

Jessica Ilha wrote:Lastly, Alyssa's words also caught Anne's attention.

He turned towards the girl. She decided to speak a bunch and she didn't ring any bells. Not one of Alyssa's friends, he imagined. Unimpressed, he stood his ground, head raising a bit as if to look down on her.

"Is your first instinct when confronted with danger to just argue semantics? Don't be a fool. I have no idea where the thing is off to, but I'm not willing to just be waiting around to find out until it's too late. If you want to die, be my guest."

He paused, looking across towards the Doctor. The duo was definitely strange. Were they even a duo? He assumed so, given how the girl was talking first to the doctor like a wanna-be detective. He set one fist to his hip, impatient.

"What are you still looking at? How about you suggest a better course of action, then?"
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Triplemathics Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:39 pm

Liselotte, for the first time since the guests had arrived, grimaced in frustration. She  walked up to the scene alongside Alyssa (or whoever this person was at the moment), a cutting stomp with every step. She knew there were episodes where the girl lashed out and became overly... "blunt" in her tone. Liselotte narrowed her eyes and nipped Alyssa's left ear between her thumb and index-finger, her cold and unfazed expression not fading.

"Milady, you will stop this rashness of yours at once. Compose yourself, lest you endanger us all with your childish behaviour!"

She then let go of the ear and, as if rehearsed, bowed politely to the others.
"I apologise for the young lady's inappropriate tone. She's must be in shock and can't control herself. I must agree, however, that the killer is likely still afoot within castle grounds."
After the statement, she stood still, not a smile or scowl on her face. Her eyes would exchange glances between Anne and Alyssa in perfect intervals. Yet, she did not speak more at this time.
Triplemathics
Triplemathics

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:02 pm

Aliucon wrote:"I'm perfectly fine." He'd say, once there was a break in the dialog.

He ended up regretting this little bit of discretion later.

He turned towards the girl. She decided to speak a bunch and she didn't ring any bells. Not one of Alyssa's friends, he imagined. Unimpressed, he stood his ground, head raising a bit as if to look down on her.

"Is your first instinct when confronted with danger to just argue semantics? Don't be a fool. I have no idea where the thing is off to, but I'm not willing to just be waiting around to find out until it's too late. If you want to die, be my guest."

He paused, looking across towards the Doctor. The duo was definitely strange. Were they even a duo? He assumed so, given how the girl was talking first to the doctor like a wanna-be detective. He set one fist to his hip, impatient.

"What are you still looking at? How about you suggest a better course of action, then?"

Triplemathics wrote:
"I apologise for the young lady's inappropriate tone. She's must be in shock and can't control herself. I must agree, however, that the killer is likely still afoot within castle grounds."
After the statement, she stood still, not a smile or scowl on her face. Her eyes would exchange glances between Anne and Alyssa in perfect intervals. Yet, she did not speak more at this time.
*The Doctor looked down to Jane again.*
The Adventure Book - Page 4 XFjtzIM
Of course they're still here. I think the more important question though is what they're capable of. Tell me, this killer in the village, have they ever been seen?

Rhubarb: No, it's part of what's generated so much fear, no one knows who... or perhaps what they are.
Jane left on her own and encountered the killer here, we immediately rushed to the scene and found no sign of them.

Frederick: And why does that matter?
The Adventure Book - Page 4 P356CXW
It matters, because whatever this killer is, they appear to prey on those alone, and from poor Jane's reaction, they ambush their victims. Right now, immediately rushing off to find weapons and whatever else you wish to do would be giving it exactly what it wants.
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:16 pm

"Ow, ow!!" His ears were tugged with surprising strength and little time to react by Liselotte, so he whined audibly for the duration. Once he was let go, he rubbed the area with his hand, making a face. He did turn to the maid for a bit, expression as inflexible as ever, and decided to keep further complaints for himself. Damn, the things he had to endure for Alyssa's sake...

At least as the old man in the funny suit continued speaking, the narrative improved. Now that was a more sensible note to end on, even if he himself definitely disliked staying without a means of protection. It at least motivated him to stay quiet for the moment.

His glance fell upon Jane's body again. An ambush made sense. What had been the first strike or killing blow? One would usually go for the neck. Maybe discovering the first strike would be telling of the killer's MO. He'd crouch to check, but Liselotte was near him again, so he instead kept listening.
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:58 am

Anne frowned and back down that same one step. Alyssa's reaction wasn't exactly what she was expecting and, truth be told, Anne didn't have anything else she could say at that time.

Well, at least the Doctor seemed to have put everything into order once more, telling everyone to stay together rather than splitting up in a futile search for weapons.

Anne took a fairly long breath, trying to calm her own nerves.

"A killer never seen... That fled the scene in the few seconds it took us to get here..." A bitter smile crossed Anne's face. "We're not talking about supernatural beings, are we...?"

She expected people to tell her she was wrong. The thought of having to deal with things she could not fully understand was dreading.
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Triplemathics Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:47 pm

Liselotte let out a small, stifled chuckle. She raised her left hand, closed before her mouth, and for the first time smiled, albeit in mocking amusement.

"I beg your pardon? Do you reckon we're under assault of a wicked creature of the night, bent on vengeance for its dark master slain centuries ago? Perhaps Master Rhubarb's lineage would hold the key to its demise?" She laughed again.

Then, realising she had spoken out of turn, Liselotte cleared her voice and lowered her gaze before once again standing perfectly still, her hands joined over her knees.
Triplemathics
Triplemathics

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:43 am

Jessica Ilha wrote:"A killer never seen... That fled the scene in the few seconds it took us to get here..." A bitter smile crossed Anne's face. "We're not talking about supernatural beings, are we...?"

She expected people to tell her she was wrong. The thought of having to deal with things she could not fully understand was dreading.
*The Doctor took the necklace off of Jane's neck and examined it.*
Well that would depend wouldn't it Anne. What's supernatural to some may be simple science to others. I've seen enough things in my time to know just how easily confused some can get by things they don't understand.

Rhubarb: Supernatural? So, it really could be some sort of a beast we're dealing with?
Triplemathics wrote:Liselotte let out a small, stifled chuckle. She raised her left hand, closed before her mouth, and for the first time smiled, albeit in mocking amusement.

"I beg your pardon? Do you reckon we're under assault of a wicked creature of the night, bent on vengeance for its dark master slain centuries ago? Perhaps Master Rhubarb's lineage would hold the key to its demise?" She laughed again.

Then, realising she had spoken out of turn, Liselotte cleared her voice and lowered her gaze before once again standing perfectly still, her hands joined over her knees.
*The Doctor is still looking at the necklace as he speaks.*
Yes, well sarcastic as you may have intended that to be, you do raise a good point. Have there been any other incidents here before this?

Rhubarb: Nothing, and we have been vigilant with the goings on in the village.
So, perhaps we can rule out your family being a target specifically then.
The more I look at this scene... the more it stands out how the neck is untouched...
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:14 am

Anne just listened to Liselotte's reasoning, shyly giggling when she was done.

"Y-Yeah, you're right, that was so silly of me, I'm sorry."

Anne was relieved that someone, as she expected, did counter her crazy idea.
But the Doctor seemed to think contrariwise, and that was relieving too.

"Hm... If we are talking about the 'supernatural', albeit it might be only 'unexplicable but scientifical circumstances'... Could the necklace be a magical item of some sort? You know, an amulet, maybe? 'Blessed by the power of God!!'... or something?"

She giggled once again. "No, no, that'd be even sillier..."
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Triplemathics Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:30 pm

Liselotte narrowed her eyes and stopped next to Anne. Her voice was calm and clear as she spoke.
"I must say, Miss... Anne, if I heard correctly; I believe it is the first time I've come across one with such vivid imaginations and flights of fancy. An 'amulet blessed by God himself' and an item of magic at that?"

She stifled another laugh, but made an effort calm her voice when speaking. Her gaze softened and she took a breath. Her face was more relaxed than before.

"It's... not something I see young ladies like yourself speak of very often. In fact, I am quite certain some would call you mentally unsound, perhaps worse things."

She mumbled to herself, "How quaint..."

Her words aside, Liselotte spoke softly and looked directly at Anne for a moment, though careful not to lack in etiquette by staring too long. Still, she kept exchanging quick glances with the young guest.
Triplemathics
Triplemathics

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:13 am

"You'd be surprised with the amount of unbelievable things I've happened to see up until today."

Anne quickly glanced at the Doctor, not expecting backup or anything, if only because a good deal of said unbelievable things happened when he was around. The TARDIS itself should be a very good proof of it...

The last bit, however, hit Anne harder.
Oh my God, that was the 18th century, of course women would be much 'tamer' (to say the least) than in the future...! That would explain a lot of Liselotte's behavior, specially towards Anne herself.

Suddenly self-concious, Anne crossed her bare legs, blaming herself for not wearing something more appropriated to this whole time travel business. But then again, what would she wear, trousers? There were times when women couldn't even wear them...!

... Wait, what was the point again?
Oh, right, an unexplicable murder. Sorry. Back to focus.

"Say, Miss Lise... No, Miss Elise, was it? Do you have a more down-to-earth explanation for this gruesome murder and the untouched necklace? Because I'm totally out of them, as you can clearly see..."
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Triplemathics Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:33 pm

Liselotte blinked and stammered for a moment that felt like an eternity. She shifted her eyes to the side, avoiding eye contact. Upon clearing her voice multiple times, did she finally speak.

"My, well, perhaps... T-There's a chance that, um..."

She took a breath and did her best to hide the onset of sweatdrops on her forehead.

"It could very well be a crime of passion. Perhaps someone of great strength flew into a rage, mauled her face beyond recognition in pure hatred, then came to their senses and made their way from the castle..."

She bit her lip. She didn't consider it before, but... This strength... It couldn't have been human. Yet, Liselotte had to believe it was. Only humans can understand the concept of murder, after all. Dogs or bears or other beasts could not; the murderer is human. There's no other option.

She would not acknowledge any other option.
Triplemathics
Triplemathics

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:43 am

Triplemathics wrote:"I must say, Miss... Anne, if I heard correctly; I believe it is the first time I've come across one with such vivid imaginations and flights of fancy. An 'amulet blessed by God himself' and an item of magic at that?"
It's not an unusual necklace, of a high quality but there's nothing I wouldn't expect to see.
Jessica Ilha wrote:"Say, Miss Lise... No, Miss Elise, was it? Do you have a more down-to-earth explanation for this gruesome murder and the untouched necklace? Because I'm totally out of them, as you can clearly see..."
Triplemathics wrote:"It could very well be a crime of passion. Perhaps someone of great strength flew into a rage, mauled her face beyond recognition in pure hatred, then came to their senses and made their way from the castle..."
The Adventure Book - Page 4 HQO4cmu
Well, I hardly think there was enough time for poor Jane to have caused such rage in her assailant, and it doesn't seem to have been an interrupted burglary, the room seems relatively untouched if I'm not mistaken.

Rhubarb: Nothing seems out of place I'd say.

*As they continued to speak, everyone in the castle might get a sudden feeling of unease. The atmosphere in the room changed in a sense that everyone could feel, but not really understand, making their hair stand on end and them feel like something was watching them. Lightning flashed outside the window, and following it, the few candles and oil lamps dimly lighting the corridor outside of the room, the main sitting room they had all been in previously and seemingly every other room in the house simultaneously went out. The only light remaining was that of the study they were now all stood in with Jane's body. With only two oil lamps remaining.*

Frederick: ...This... truly this is the devil's work!

Rhubarb: What is this!? How could they all go out at the same time? Doctor?
I'm afraid Sir Rhubarb... that now I'm more certain than ever we're not dealing with a simple beast here...
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:27 am

Jessica Ilha wrote:"Hm... If we are talking about the 'supernatural', albeit it might be only 'unexplicable but scientifical circumstances'... Could the necklace be a magical item of some sort? You know, an amulet, maybe? 'Blessed by the power of God!!'... or something?"

The mention of an amulet made his wrist itch. He rolled down one sleeve to see a marked area on Alyssa's skin shaped like a little shield. Right. The amulet. She probably kept it strung there nowadays, so much so it made a mark on her skin. But it seemed like it had dropped. He wondered if he'd have to give her room to breathe eventually.

More speculation was made. He was probably expected to take part in it. He looked over to the Doctor, crossed his arms under his chest, and looked down at the necklace the Doctor was holding.

But before he could, the mysterious event that got all lights dimming or off happened, and he looked around to make sure of the fact all paths away seemed darker than ever. The rain and lightining from outside continued.

It set quite an atmosphere, but he was utterly undisturbed. As if he physically couldn't quite feel the unease, or the fear.

"Well? Everyone more compelled to take some action now?" He asked, with a sneer. But when glancing over to the Doctor, he pointed to the necklace.

"Keep that for now. If you're still considering possibilities... I'll chime in. Instead of being left on purpose, it's possible the killer physically couldn't touch that. That's silver, isn't it?"

He left it at that, glancing once upon Anne before turning away towards one corridor. He didn't move, but he tapped his foot impatiently.

"The clock's ticking. If you don't want us to split, then what's the plan, old man?"
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:50 am

Aliucon wrote:"Keep that for now. If you're still considering possibilities... I'll chime in. Instead of being left on purpose, it's possible the killer physically couldn't touch that. That's silver, isn't it?"
Exactly what I was thinking Alyssa. You certainly seem to have become more talkative. The savagery of the attack would suggest that the area that's untouched wasn't left due to a motive so much as an inability of the attacker to touch it...
He left it at that, glancing once upon Anne before turning away towards one corridor. He didn't move, but he tapped his foot impatiently.

"The clock's ticking. If you don't want us to split, then what's the plan, old man?"
Rhubarb: Alyssa! You are not to leave this room! With the lights out whatever it is here with us will be stalking the corridors!

Frederick: Well it's not like we have much time left here anyway. These lamps don't seem to have enough oil in them to last the night, they'll go out before long.
Meaning even if our killer prefers to strike at lone victims, if it's able to operate in the darkness more effectively than humans...

Rhubarb: He'd pick us off one by one...

Garvin: We do have reserves of oil in the cellar Sir.

Rhubarb: And we can't reach there without going through the corridors.
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:08 pm

Just like everybody else, Anne felt the atmosphere suddenly change, as if something bad was bound to happen. And something bad did happen; the lights were almost completely out in a moment.

When Alyssa glanced at Anne, she did her best to sustain the look she received. She was good at staring contests!
... Okay, no, she wasn't. But she did do her best.

"If the lights here won't last as much," Anne said, after staring back at Alyssa for as long as it took, "we have only two options, I think. Find a new light source, or wait until the sun rises. Wait in the darkness, that is."

"But we cannot find a new light source without bringing one of our own... Then again, isn't there the possibility of the oil running out midway...? Doctor, have we got anything we could use here?"

And by that question, Anne implicitly meant, 'is there anything not too technologically advanced for this point in time that we could make use of?'.
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:53 pm

Jessica Ilha wrote:Just like everybody else, Anne felt the atmosphere suddenly change, as if something bad was bound to happen. And something bad did happen; the lights were almost completely out in a moment.

When Alyssa glanced at Anne, she did her best to sustain the look she received. She was good at staring contests!
... Okay, no, she wasn't. But she did do her best.

"If the lights here won't last as much," Anne said, after staring back at Alyssa for as long as it took, "we have only two options, I think. Find a new light source, or wait until the sun rises. Wait in the darkness, that is."

"But we cannot find a new light source without bringing one of our own... Then again, isn't there the possibility of the oil running out midway...? Doctor, have we got anything we could use here?"

And by that question, Anne implicitly meant, 'is there anything not too technologically advanced for this point in time that we could make use of?'.
The Adventure Book - Page 4 Y7zjtJR
Why yes Anne, I have more than 'something' we can use. We have one major advantage right here. Because whoever or whatever it is that's currently causing all of this has made one major mistake. They've trapped us in here with the safest space available.
The Adventure Book - Page 4 LYrjU6a
The Adventure Book - Page 4 MqnHn1D
Nothing can breach the TARDIS's doors without the key!

*Just then, almost in response to the Doctor's boasting, the TARDIS starts making a whirring noise.*
The Adventure Book - Page 4 BdIare4
No... NO!

*The Doctor rushes forward but too late, before his eyes the TARDIS dematerialises.*
The Adventure Book - Page 4 F4OGQJw
It... it can't be...

Rhubarb: It seems to have left Doctor...

Frederick: It... disappeared...!
Oh yes, very astute of you Frederick! But this... this is impossible!

Frederick: Or Doctor, perhaps what's 'impossible to you is simple science to others'?
I know my own ship Frederick! The TARDIS being moved from the outside is impossible... well... barring one or two cases but I hardly think they are involved.
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:12 pm

Anne let out the breath she didn't even notice she was holding.

"Well, so much for our light source now..."

Anne didn't dare to say that it was "so much for their safety" as well. Some things are better unspoken.

"Don't worry, Doctor... I'm sure that the TARDIS must have disappeared for a very good reason. We just need to... Hang in there for a little while. Hopefully," she added that last word more to herself.
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Triplemathics Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:07 am

Liselotte had idly stood by as alternatives were discussed. The uneasy feeling she had grew worse as the lights had gone out, and anxiety grew to fear the more time passed. She swallowed and took a breath, then made sure to stay close to the others. The life in her face had vanished and she displayed an icy glare once more.

"Lord Rhubarb, Sir Frederick, Miss Alyssa... I'm naught but a maid and I know not what is happening, but I shall endeavour to see you all safely through the night. Even though it may not be much, I pledge to do what little I can."

She turned to Anne, then the Doctor.

"Young lady, Doctor... I can't say I understand this trickery of blinking phone booths vanishing into thin air, or whatever it was that claimed Jane's life", she sighed before continuing, "I do wish to help. If we require a source of light, I am willing to go through the corridors by myself. I know my way around fairly well, after all."
Triplemathics
Triplemathics

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:00 pm

He completely ignored Rhubarb: he was much more interested on the disappearing object now. He had thought it strange, but didn't comment on it. It was possible that it was something Alyssa was supposed to know it was there and he wouldn't know. But it seemed like it was moreso related to the strange pair, one of which was being constantly called Doctor.

He did look at Liselotte while she spoke stoically about doing her best, but his gaze was empty from any of the joy Alyssa might show. He focused instead on the second statement.

"Do you think you're that much better than the one who died, then? If this creature is a coward that picks people off, then as much as I dislike to admit it, we should move in groups or as a unit."

He shrugged. If he wasn't gonna get to bust some heads, he almost wanted to relinquish control to Alyssa again.
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:03 pm

Jessica Ilha wrote:Anne let out the breath she didn't even notice she was holding.

"Well, so much for our light source now..."

Anne didn't dare to say that it was "so much for their safety" as well. Some things are better unspoken.

"Don't worry, Doctor... I'm sure that the TARDIS must have disappeared for a very good reason. We just need to... Hang in there for a little while. Hopefully," she added that last word more to herself.
For a very good reason?! Nonsense, the TARDIS wouldn't just disappear like this, abandoning us!
The Adventure Book - Page 4 UeUQ1CF
No, something's causing this, I can guarantee that, but it wouldn't have been able to make the TARDIS completely disappear. No.
The Adventure Book - Page 4 VHV8vXh
*He pulls out his sonic screwdriver and starts scanning where the TARDIS once stood.*
Triplemathics wrote:"Lord Rhubarb, Sir Frederick, Miss Alyssa... I'm naught but a maid and I know not what is happening, but I shall endeavour to see you all safely through the night. Even though it may not be much, I pledge to do what little I can."
Rhubarb: Thank you Elise, I'm sure you will, although our main aim should be all getting through the night safely, I will not have you put yourself at risk to protect us. If only we could have prevented poor Jane...

*He stopped looking down at Jane again.*
She turned to Anne, then the Doctor.

"Young lady, Doctor... I can't say I understand this trickery of blinking phone booths vanishing into thin air, or whatever it was that claimed Jane's life", she sighed before continuing, "I do wish to help. If we require a source of light, I am willing to go through the corridors by myself. I know my way around fairly well, after all."
*The Doctor continues scanning around the air.*
The Adventure Book - Page 4 QbVjaah
Light? Our focus should be on the TARDIS. If you go on your own looking for lamp oil you won't be helping anyone.
Aha! It's here! The TARDIS is still here, but it's out of synch with our time. I can work on bringing it back then we can all get there to safety.
Aliucon wrote:"Do you think you're that much better than the one who died, then? If this creature is a coward that picks people off, then as much as I dislike to admit it, we should move in groups or as a unit."

He shrugged. If he wasn't gonna get to bust some heads, he almost wanted to relinquish control to Alyssa again.
None of you need to go to the cellar. Just give me some time and I'll have the TARDIS here.
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:47 am

Taking a deep breath, Anne approached the Doctor. She had her fists clenched.

"Are you out of your mind?!" she yelled. "Look, I know how important the TARDIS is to you, but snap out of it! If something, as you say, caused the TARDIS to disappear, do you think it will be simply waiting for you to bring the TARDIS back? Don't you think that it may cause the TARDIS to disappear as soon as you get it back to this time? Are you thinking through it?"

Anne crossed her arms. "Besides, take a look around you! The oil lamps here won't last long. What if they run out before you manage to retrieve the TARDIS? Are you sacrificing everyone else, including you for that matter, in order to fight a never-ending fight? That's nonsense!"

In a bad omen, the lights in the room flickered. They looked like they really wouldn't last that much longer. Anne sighed.

"Doctor, I really understand this unease feeling you're having. But we need to do something with the lights here, or even you won't be able to search for the TARDIS any longer..."
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:31 am

Jessica Ilha wrote:Taking a deep breath, Anne approached the Doctor. She had her fists clenched.

"Are you out of your mind?!" she yelled. "Look, I know how important the TARDIS is to you, but snap out of it! If something, as you say, caused the TARDIS to disappear, do you think it will be simply waiting for you to bring the TARDIS back? Don't you think that it may cause the TARDIS to disappear as soon as you get it back to this time? Are you thinking through it?"
Not once I get to the controls. It's one thing if I'm locked out, but inside the TARDIS I-
Anne crossed her arms. "Besides, take a look around you! The oil lamps here won't last long. What if they run out before you manage to retrieve the TARDIS? Are you sacrificing everyone else, including you for that matter, in order to fight a never-ending fight? That's nonsense!"
Nonsense? Nonsense would be running out into the dark when we have the safest place in the universe right here... if only I can...

*He keeps scanning.*
In a bad omen, the lights in the room flickered. They looked like they really wouldn't last that much longer. Anne sighed.

"Doctor, I really understand this unease feeling you're having. But we need to do something with the lights here, or even you won't be able to search for the TARDIS any longer..."

*The Doctor looks down into the dark corridor. Perhaps to others, he almost looks for a moment like there's something he's specifically seen in the darkness. He stares for a couple of moments.*
Perhaps... perhaps you're right. This never ending fight... I thought for once there was a chance to do this simply. Just use the TARDIS, outlast the night. It's never that easy though... never that merciful.
There's too many of us to all go as one group down to this cellar, and we certainly shouldn't send anyone alone.
If there's any hope to bring the TARDIS back, only I will be able to do it, and the longer I work on it the sooner I'll be able to do so.

Garvin: I will do my duty to this household and go to the cellar if that is what you wish.

Rhubarb: So you're suggesting some of us remain here and the others go to get more oil? Is that really safe Doctor?

Frederick: Of course it's not, but it's starting to look like we're done for whatever we choose.

It's not safe, but as a group, it seems the killer would hesitate more to attack. I do have one thing which may help however...

*He pulls out of his pocket a flashlight.*
The Adventure Book - Page 4 WKojuyr
This is cheating a bit but, well I suppose one more mysterious happening won't hurt tonight...

*He turns on the flashlight.*

Rhubarb: My word! It's so bright... Why is it like one of those lanterns the police use at night?
Yes, only as you can see a fair bit brighter. If this beast has been roaming the countryside for some time, I'd imagine it won't be prepared for light quite as bright as this, especially in this day and age. It'd be sure to shock them, likely temporarily blind them, giving you a chance to make an escape. Of course, it will only work so many times...
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:26 pm

"Tch." He crossed his arms, showing some contempt about the whole idea. If this old man who he hardly knew thought he'd put his and Alyssa's safety in his hands and his magical box, he had another thing coming. Thankfully his colleague seemed to talk some sense into him, and now it seemed like they could decide how to do this.

A weapon would be ideal, but he had no knowledge of where the weapons were kept in the mansion. Alyssa would, but he couldn't just call onto her now. Best to just play along as he could. And cover his eyes momentarily from the bright light shown to them.

"I assume you only have one of these," he commented, arms crossed. "If we are splitting, and this thing works as well as you claim, the group without it will be at a disadvantage... But it's better than not to have it at all."

He stepped towards the butler, and spied over to Liselotte, as if expecting her to volunteer like before. Then focusing on the butler again, whose name eluded him.

"I'm going with your group. I heard you before, Uncle," he complained, vocally, before a response could come. "Trust me, I'm more suited to it than you think. I'm not scared at all. I even feel it'd be safer." The hint of a smug smile formed in his lips.
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next