Case Files Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Adventure Book

+2
ToonBlade
DimitriBarronmore
6 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Adventure Book Empty The Adventure Book

Post by Aliucon Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:42 am

"I cast fireball on the vampire! It's going to hit all of his friends around him!" An enthusiastic player let out, fist raised. The DM, from behind their shield, raised an eyebrow.

"They're 3 feet ahead of you. You're going to schorch them and the entire party."

"I'll do it anyway! I have fire resistance, at least!"

"Can I backstab her to stop it?" Another player interjected, moving their miniature next to his friends, which whined and pushed it away. An argument ensued, to which the DM could only sigh. The last player of the bunch, a quiet but impatient fellow, drummed his fingers on the table.

"This again," he said, eventually. "It's ten minutes in, and we're gonna discuss a fourth time? This isn't working. Can't we try something else?"

"It took me 2 hours to get that sorcerer the way I wanted!" The first roleplayer complained again. "Besides, she put a lot of time in helping with the characters..."

"No, it's fine."

After speaking, the DM stood up, walked to one dark corner of the dimly-lit room, and opened a drawer, taking from it a large book with a makeshift hard cover with several recognizable characters plastered on it. When opened, it revealed plenty of pages, some loose, but others attached to each other by paper clips. All were typed out in the same format.

"We can use this one instead. Won't be a campaign, really, but there's plenty of one-shot scenarios to choose from. Totally not plagiarized." She let out a dry laugh.

"Do we have to make characters again?" One of the players whined. This gave the DM pause, before she shook her head.

"... You know what, let's do it like this. Throw any existing characters you want at me. I'll make it work."

<----------->

This is a bit of an experiment. After the ups and downs of crossover RPs across the website, with sprawling campaigns that get people very well involved at its peak, I was wondering if that experience would translate into small scenarios at a time. While I'll always love a big story, I thought it was worth checking out alternatives.

We'll have a bit of a system here, so listen up! The whole reason for the intro is to illustrate that this will act a bit less like a free-for-all RP and more like a tabletop RPG in terms of some people's roles, but not mechanics.

For this RP to work, we need a single DM and any number of players. The DM will volunteer first to provide a little information, including a time limit for the scenario as a whole. From there, any number of players can join, either in the beginning or along the lifespan of the scenario. After the time limit is reached, the DM will tie it up neatly into an epilogue of sorts, and the thread will be freed for someone else to take the role of DM. Then we can continue on a different adventure altogether!

Below is a list of guidelines for each role, as well as the template you should submit filled when attempting to become one for the next adventure.

DM

World: (The name of the series and/or universe in which the scenario will happen)
Setup: (Write here about a paragraph worth of establishing lore, or whatever you feel will best make the tie between the world and the goal you choose clear)
Goal: (This is a key point to which you are rallying your players to try to achieve. All players will know or at least be aware of this goal going in. You can decide whether completing the goal will end things early or if it can potentially be achieved by multiple people. Note that the players aren't obligated to pursue the goal- it is sufficient that they know it.)
Time Limit: (This is mandatory to set: a real-life measure of time of how much you want the scenario to last. The maximum amount is two months. At any point, so long as the players involved are warned through an OOC post in the thread beforehand, the time limit can be shortened, or extended UP to the maximum amount.)

Guidelines:

1- A DM's role is to make the world or setting that is around the players work. Unlike DMs in tabletop, you don't necessarily need to go over every single thing with players- that could get exhausting fast and I think the people in the forum have more than proven their capabilities for reasonable RPing at this point. Still, make sure to try guiding the players along either towards the goal or through obstacles in their path that aren't just other players.

2- The DM is the only person that can control multiple characters at once. Unless it is integral to the plot, all characters a DM uses must exist within the initial setting offered by them.

3- Since you control the players environment to a degree, you can make scenes happen around them to coerce them to get engaged with the plot, but if they show clear interest in doing something else entirely, don't streamline them, please.

4- After the RP is over, you should write an epilogue to summarize what happened and what is likely to have been the result of all those things in the setting. Even if it's ultimately inconsequential, please do make an effort to acknowledge your peers and what they wrote a bit. There is no specific format to be used for this: it is at the DM's discretion how they do it, though they can always use previous examples for inspiration.

5- After one scenario ends, you may not be the DM again in a row, unless a week elapses with no one else rising to the position of DM.

6- Power balancing is something the DM can absolutely do on the fly, although it is good to communicate with players along the way if it's done.

7- While no scenario needs to be canon to another scenario, and thus no extensive knowledge of past events is needed to stay up to date, it is also possible for scenarios to be derivative, or tangentially related, to previous scenarios.

8- In the event one or more characters are unable to move in order to move a scene forward, the DM may, if they so choose, provide a plausible pathway through which the events or story can continue without it, or directly take control of the characters in order to put them in a more appropriate position to be idle. Note that the DM should use this power sparingly, as it may hamper the fun of players. It is usually not a good idea to do it less than a week of non-action, unless expressely given permission by the player(s) themselves.

----

Player

Character Name:
Series:
Integration: (Yes/No/NA. This is referring to whether the player prefers a character will be integrated in the setting to work more smoothly with it. If 'Yes' is picked, the DM might come up with a way to plausibly have the character be considered part of setting. If "No" is picked, the character will be taken exactly as they are in canon and just sent to the setting via a contrived means such as a portal. Some characters, such as Sora and The Doctor, completely dismiss the need of integration at all due to canon means of hopping between worlds, so this can be either left blank or written up as non-applicable in their case.)
Extra Info: (This is where you can put specifics such as which specific version of a character this might be, at which part of the established canon this character is from, and other tidbits that would be nice for others and/or the DM to know.)

Guidelines:

1- A player may only have one character at a time.

2- Once the epilogue happens and an RP is over, the character claimed by the player is forfeit. However, they can simply reclaim a character for the next session given they do it before other players, with no mandatory cooldown between claims.

3- Characters do not retain memories between scenarios unless the scenarios are blatantly related to each other, or such a thing is specified by the DM. This rule does not apply to characters whose "Integration" is non-applicable.

4- The character used can be from any existing series, whether they are related to the scenario's setting or not.

5- Since this is a forum RP instead of a tabletop, players do retain some control of the environment in order to streamline scenes, but leave things that would strongly impact the plot mostly to the DM: or ask permission to do specific things OOC and then just write it yourself, either works.

----

So yeah! This is just about everything. You can ask questions if needed. Some time after this initial post, I'll put up a post volunteering as DM to show more or less how I'm envisioning things to happen. Hope you have fun! - Or, well, if you have an idea that you can see would work great with this already, you can talk to me about it too and you might be able to go first! Who knows. But yeah, that is about it.

Last edited by Aliucon on Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

The Adventure Book Empty Re: The Adventure Book

Post by Aliucon Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:27 am

OK... so I'll try to DM it at first, like I said. Here it is.

World: Ace Attorney

Setup: Someone broke the urn of Ami Fey!! ... Yeah, again. Damn.

At this point, it ought to be no big deal, but by an unfortunate series of events, this has reached the ears of one Rayfa Padma Khu'rain. Outraged by the fact someone would dare to do that with the final resting place of a legendary spirit channeler, and unaware of the fact this has happened multiple times before, she has travelled all the way to Japanifornia to lead the investigation herself and coerce everyone over whom she has some influence to aid her in the task, whilst pointing to any inconsistency (like weird people showing up out of nowhere through portals *a-hem* or any other small thing) as a sign that this accident was most disastrous and someone must be punished.

Goal: Find out who broke Ami's urn!

Time Limit: Two weeks (Feb 21st to Mar 6th); ends early if a culprit is determined.

Notes: I have a (bad) story for this, so if you end up choosing a character who is related to the crime or happens to be the culprit, expect a PM from me. Additionally, I don't need to be the one RPing Rayfa if anyone wants her, but otherwise she'll be the, err, main DM NPC.

From here, players can start applying and I'll try to add them along the story as I see them. After I sleep because it's kind of late. But I'll get to you!
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by DimitriBarronmore Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:58 am

You know I gotta do it.  

The Adventure Book Cute10

Character Name: Frisk Chianti
Series: Undertale (more or less)
Integration: Yes.
Extra Info: I'm just planning to pull the same personality I've always written into whatever role fits here. Honestly, any halfway-serious role would be pretty funny when performed by this literal child. Since the Dreemurrs probably don't exist, I just reused one of my many alcohol names from Grand Theft Auto VI: Shouting Detective Redemption: Scholarship Edition - Game of the Year Edition for Nintendo Switch.
DimitriBarronmore
DimitriBarronmore

https://dimitri-barronmore.carrd.co/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:03 am

Sorry, just had to do this as soon as I read "Ami Fey's Urn"...

The Adventure Book Pearln10
Character Name: Pearl Fey
Series: Ace Attorney
Integration: Yes (I mean, could I even say no?)
Extra Info: She swears it wasn't her this time. Someone gotta believe her. Or not
Just take it in mind I've never really played/watched anything beyond AJ, and though I don't mind spoilers, my interactions might not be the greatest ^^;
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:38 pm

((Perfect! Pearl is in. I've PMed you some stuff that Pearl would know in advance to help get started. And I'm sure you'll do great, Jess.

Frisk is in too, Semi-serious role, hm? I can accomodate.))

Frisk didn't really know when their fame began. Perhaps it was that one time where they got lost on their way back from Mt. Mitama, right next to Kurain. After a loose stone and a slippy step, they had fallen in a little alcove towards the middle of the mountain, where a bed of yellow flowers bloomed in several spots and miscellanious items were scattered about. After staying there for a while and pocketing every seemingly useless item around into their inventory, Frisk eventually left, but would return to that spot at times, willingly.

Turned out that many people hiking around Mt. Mitama lost items, and they often fell on the alcove Frisk had found. After returning some of the items, they began to be regarded both as a good kid and as a junior detective of the village. This, coupled with the fact that their solutions to problems were often very... unorthodox, yet they somehow worked, earned them further reputation.

So it was just a matter of time until someone sent Kurain's greatest detective towards the current biggest mystery of the village: what happened to Ami Fey's urn? Besides, that was an opportunity to meet the crown princess of Khura'in, which had come there at a whim. At least it was exciting to other people: hard to say for Frisk.

Frisk would find themselves starting in front of the Fey Manor. Around them, in the sidewalks, are a few wagons which are basically stands for selling food. Frisk heard beforehand that a festival was supposed to happen the very next day in Kurain, though whether that was related to the incident or not was hard to say...

<----->

Pearl would find herself inside the Manor. Maya would have left briefly to try talking to someone on the cellphone, which got no reception around, so it'd be a little while before she came back. A nervous Jinxie paced up and down, clutching her warding charms, without really looking at the evidence scattered around so much as to the wind. Rayfa would have been looking at the place up and down for a long while. She was definitely searching for clues, and yet she seemed drawn to how the place looked a fair bit. Her robe would be on, but her rod would be leaning against one of the walls.

The pieces of broken urn were in a little pile next to a pedestal where the thing had apparently been displayed. A cubic dome of glass, supposedly something that protected it as a display, was tilted and very off-center, but looked pretty heavy. The urn pieces were the target of Rayfa's refocused attention, as well as a muttered prayer to the Holy Mother at some point. Eventually the priestess did comment something more casual to herself.

"There's far less than I thought there'd be for an investigation. ... Loathsome! To think someone would cause such a disaster and hide under a veil of deception... Oh, they will pay dearly for this!"
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:22 am

Pearl was quite nervous herself. Not Mystic Ami's urn, not again... Not at a time like this!
She knew Mystic Maya was probably devasted on the inside, though she would never (and Pearl knew about this) show how she really felt to Pearl. Mystic Maya was the Master, of course, but before that she was the person most close to Pearl. It's just natural that she'd understand how she really felt.
Or so she thought; Pearl wasn't the greatest when it came to understanding mundane things as much as she could understand about spiritual things.
But I digress.

The Adventure Book Soj_pe34
"Please have a sit, Mystic Rayfa," Pearl urged. But there were no chairs around, and Mystic Rayfa, the Mystic Rayfa, could not simply sit on the floor.

The Adventure Book Soj_pe49
"Should I bring you a chair? Or would you rather prefer a zabuton cushion?"

The Adventure Book Soj_pe22
"Everything... Everything will be solved as quickly as possible. Mystic Maya and I have some good friends on this 'solving crimes' department." (Because, of course, "breaking Mystic Ami's urn" was definitely a crime! One Pearl was already guilty of, even)

The Adventure Book Soj_pe46
"And I... I think I might know who did it this time."
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:40 am

Didn't include a picture just as I'd rather not show till I post as them, but if it's needed I will add one.

Character Name: The Doctor.
Series: Doctor Who
Integration: N/A (I assume given the Doctor was one who was specified lol)
Extra Info: The Doctor has a very mysterious past as it is, but there's something even more off about this one, almost like they aren't as out of their element as they really should be. Hmm...
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by DimitriBarronmore Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:26 am

Fey Manor. The biggest and best house in all of Kurain, home to the legendary clan of spirit mediums. Most people who claimed not to be intimidated by the landmark or nervous at the prospect of going inside would be lying through their teeth, but no one ever accused Frisk of being normal. They took in the imposing elegance of the Manor, held that feeling tight in their mind, and used it as the catalyst for a wave of determination that most people would find overwhelming. There would be no nervousness today.

...Well, maybe a little nervousness. There was still the thought of meeting Mystic Rayfa herself.

In absolutely no way looking for a good reason to stall, Frisk decided to start small. After all, that was what made them good at this, what made everyone certain they would grow up a detective: a habit of noticing small details that others might overlook.

Walking up to one of the wagons stationed by the sidewalk, Frisk slapped a couple of coins onto the (slightly too high to be comfortable) surface before hoisting themself up by the elbows. Nothing wrong with getting a bit of food and a bit of information at the same time.

The Adventure Book Happyw10

* You ask for a 'dog, plain, and if the stand owner knows anything about the urn that would be great too?
DimitriBarronmore
DimitriBarronmore

Back to top Go down

Post by ToonBlade Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:14 pm

The Adventure Book Icon_e11

Character Name: Engineer
Series: Team Fortress
Integration: No. (Who better to have in 2029 Japanifornia than a Texan living in 1969 New Mexico?)
Extra Info: A BLU Engineer. Could either be the canonical Dell Conagher, or just another BLU Engineer clone... double... gameplay person thing. We may never know. But he's an Engineer alright, so it doesn't really matter, he'll act the same.
ToonBlade
ToonBlade

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:55 am

((The Doctor is approved, and I'll leave his introduction up to you, Regi, since you're the one who knows which version it is. The Engi is also approved.))

Rayfa turned to Pearl, after regarding the situation a tad longer. The girl made her smile, even if Rayfa's own smiles had a perpetual air of smugness to them. It was nice to be treated with care even out here in this foreign land. Plus (though she wouldn't admit it), she really liked the curls of the girl's hair.

"A cushion would be most welcome. A chair can do, but I rather not be resting my back until this matter is settled."

This was followed by a more serious gaze at the girl. "What- So you have further clues? Please share. A lead would be paramount," she urged.

<------>

Frisk easily finds a hot dog stand, with the seller, an older but cheerful bearded man in his forties, prepares the order. He doesn't seem to be from around here at all, and his lack of a portrait upon dialog pegs him as a character that's probably not important for the main plot.

Oh wait, maybe Frisk can't see that...

"Comin' right up!" He says. "Urn? Sorry, kid, I ain't too familiar with them mystic stuff. Just happened to hear of a festival and came along to make me profits. Come to think of it, I think the big city had an exhibit that was supposed to show an urn from this here village once? Can't say I remember much... Here you go!"

After talking Frisk's ear off, the friendly hot-dog stander placed the hot dog in front of him. Or that's what he might have done, but he accidentally put it right over Frisk's head instead, where it remained in perfect balance.

<----->

The Enginner has found himself in the strange strange land of an orderly modern society. Whether it was the ill-effect of a particularly Unusual effect on his hat, or whether he just fell off the map into another dimension completely, down to...

The Fey Manor. In fact, the engineer might have ragdolled next to Jinxie and in the same room as Rayfa and Pearl. Jinxie screamed in surprise. Rayfa had a bit of a delayed reaction to it.
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:35 am

*Meanwhile, near the hotdog stand, a figure stood fairly inconspicuously eating an apple looking around the place in a manner similar to a tourist. Well... when I say inconspicuously, he wouldn't stand out if it weren't for his ridiculous outfit, still he seems to be convinced he doesn't stand out particularly and with another bite of his apple goes to examine a nearby bus stop.*
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:19 am

"Wouldn't you have back pain if you don't properly rest your back...?" Pearl failed to understand the hidden meaning in those words.
The Adventure Book Soj_pe26
"Anyway, one cushion coming right away!"

Pearl rushed to the nearest wall, which wasn't simply a wall, but a hidden closet. Y'know, every Japanese-style room in which people are expected to sit is supposed to have one of these closets to stock up cushions and whatnots. And that room had one, just because I said so.

Pearl chose the best looking cushion and laid it in front of Mystic Rayfa.

"Here you go, Mystic Rayfa!"

This tad happened before the second part of the conversation, because that's the magic in a RP.

"Yeah... Yesterday, when I was searching for Mystic Maya, I heard some voices coming from inside the Manor and decided to take a look."
"I saw an unknown couple before the urn, but they didn't even touched it. Before they could the man... hm... had an accident, and they left."
"After that, I kept looking at the urn so they wouldn't be able to touch it, until Mystic Maya came back to the Manor."
The Adventure Book Soj_pe19
"They didn't show up again after that time, but it's possible that they tried to take the urn again when everyone was sleeping, right?"

Cue the Engineer.

The Adventure Book Soj_pe38
"Wha-"
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by ToonBlade Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:52 pm

It was another fine day in Dustbowl. 'Nother normal fight, and BLU was gonna win. Prep time for both teams. BLUs stormed out of their respawn point, doing war cries, tough talking, or just generally screaming incoherently. Among them comes out a BLU Engineer. It's buildin' time.

He sets up the teleporter in front of spawn. He runs up to the gate where his team is gathering. Some people are dancing the conga as usual. Others are just mucking about, like screaming at the enemy team and calling them spies, to which some of them return the screaming and spy calling. The Engineer just shakes his head and chuckles as he sets up the teleporter exit and a dispenser. Time for a metal refill.

He rushes back to spawn room and gets a resupply from the cabinet. He stops by his teleporter entrance. It's almost done setting up. Might a bit slower by a few seconds, but it'll help the team if it's set up sooner. He whacks at the thing with his wrench until it's done. The contraption begins to spin and glow with a blue light, as it usually done. The Engineer smiles and nods to himself as he steps on top of it and is teleported. But something went wrong.

The teleporting took a bit longer than normal. He sees some mighty strange visions, too. What the devil?

When it all stops, he crashes on the ground and hears some screaming. He stands up, showing his nice cosmetic set. A Merc's Muffler scarf, a Dogfighter jacket, and Flared Frontiersman pants, all painted a nice orange. So, he looks like this:
The Adventure Book Wngihe10

He stands up, rubbing his neck, then realizes where he is. Or more like, where he isn't. Where'd Dustbowl go?!

"What in tarnation?" he asks himself as he looks at his surroundings. "Where am I?"
ToonBlade
ToonBlade

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:16 pm

*Being a fairly quiet village, loud noises tended to stand out, and the figure eating his apple hears a crash coming from Fey Manor along with some screaming.*

Of course, I suppose it would be too much to ask for a simple quiet holiday wouldn't it?

*Apple in hand, he begins to make his way towards Fey Manor.*
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by DimitriBarronmore Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:06 pm

Disappointed, but not surprised, Frisk slipped back down off the stand. Reaching deep into their pockets the child retrieves a small golden flower and places it atop the stand as a small gift, all the while being careful not to disturb the hot dog atop their carefully carried cranium.

As the young detective takes a moment to think, uncertain whether to get to the point or continue exploring potential side dialogue, a loud crash and a scream ring out from the Manor and effectively make up Frisk's mind for them. With a subtle note of panic they break out into a sprint towards the Manor entrance, just surpassing the oddly inconspicuous man along the way.

And, of course, the hot dog remains inexplicably in place the entire way.
DimitriBarronmore
DimitriBarronmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:48 am

At first, Rayfa had seen taken aback- not by the Enginner that would come later, but at Pearl's own interpretation of her words. Certainly she was not that old! But the girl was so eager to help that it was hard to be mad. And once the cushion was in place, Rayfa flared her robe with a motion before sitting down.

"Thank you kindly, Pearl. Now, do tell me what you saw, if you please."

She took in the information for a while. She wasn't the merciful type, or so it might seen. Her cheeks flushed lightly in anger as she thought of the mysterious figures which might be the perpetrators. But that was around the time things got hectic with the engineer.

Rayfa stood again in a hurry, alarmed, and as the man stood up and asked in utter confusion and an undescribable accent where he was, Rayfa's scowl became a squint of suspicion.

"... This would not happen to be one of the staff workers for the festival, would it? He looks more like a construction worker..." Then, waving her hand forward. "You're in the presence of the current regent of Khura'in! Stand up and show some poise! And do not disturb the scene! You've entered a house where a most vile crime happened!"

Yes, Rayfa totally subscribed to Pearl's concept of this being a crime.

Jinxie, on the other hand, had nervously scooted away from the Engineer.

"I-I'm so sorry..." She blurted out. "It's all my fault! If I hadn't messed it up, it would be safe, but now the yokai are back and with a vengeance! H-How else can you explain someone that appeared out of thin air!?"

These conversations might be able to be overheard by the incoming people following the scream, the first of which appearing would be Frisk. Jinxie, already agitated, shook in fear of the kid and the perfectly balanced hot dog.

"T-They're walking in herds! Eeeep!!" She cried, trying to smack a warding charm in Frisk's head. Even if it lands, it wouldn't disturb the hot dog, which is the real spooky part.
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:59 am

"I don't recall his face, I don't believe I've ever seen this man helping around in the festival..."

Pearl herself had gone around helping everyone she could with the festival preparations, so, even if she didn't know someone's name, at least their face she expected to remember (or so she thought).

"... but if he was, he'd know better than to break into the Manor in such manners! Behave yourself accordingly, Mister!"

And then more and more people (okay, maybe just two?) would enter the Manor.

Pearl is not amused.
The Adventure Book Soj_pe17
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:50 am

Jessica Ilha wrote:The Adventure Book Soj_pe19
"... but if he was, he'd know better than to break into the Manor in such manners! Behave yourself accordingly, Mister!"

And then more and more people (okay, maybe just two?) would enter the Manor.

Pearl is not amused.
The Adventure Book Soj_pe17
*The Doctor followed Frisk into the room. Upon seeing Pearl's expression however he realised perhaps it would be best to have an explanation ready despite his usual willingness to just walk into places unannounced.*

Oh, seems everyone is ok then, that's good. I heard the noise and thought it best to come over and see what had happened.

*He then took his hat off his head looking to Pearl.*
The Adventure Book GAmPwzs
I take it the fellow there in the hardhat is related to the loud noise?
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:01 am

"And WHO are all of-"

Pearl stopped for a moment, taking a good look at the man who had just spoken.
She did a quick math in her head.

Trenchcoat + quirky clothes + asking about what happened = ...

"Excuse me, Mister. Would you, by any chance, be a Detective? Have you come here for investigating what happened with our urn?"
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:16 am

"A detective...?"

Rayfa seemed surprised again. She regarded the Doctor with the same eyes of suspicion she had spared to the Engineer. But her stance softened.

"Come to think of it, I did make a callout for any personnel in the area to help while I was travelling this way. So far, none had arrived, and Maya did not recall a single detective in the village other than a non-official one..."

Rayfa stared down The Doctor from afar. "Well, I shall have to get to all intruders individually. So why not make my job easier by telling me who you are? If the scream concerned you, no harm came to her." She'd look over at Jinxie, still busy warding off Frisk. "... So far, anyway."
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by DimitriBarronmore Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:41 am

Aliucon wrote:These conversations might be able to be overheard by the incoming people following the scream, the first of which appearing would be Frisk. Jinxie, already agitated, shook in fear of the kid and the perfectly balanced hot dog.

"T-They're walking in herds! Eeeep!!" She cried, trying to smack a warding charm in Frisk's head. Even if it lands, it wouldn't disturb the hot dog, which is the real spooky part.

Frisk ducked back from the swung omamori, hot dog wobbling but still refusing to fall.

The Adventure Book Alerts10
* You tell Jinxie, firmly that you're not a yokai! You're just a person!

Aliucon wrote:"A detective...?"

"Come to think of it, I did make a callout for any personnel in the area to help while I was travelling this way. So far, none had arrived, and Maya did not recall a single detective in the village other than a non-official one..."
Aha, saved by the bell.

Grabbing the hotdog off their head, the child dodged around Jinxie to rush in front of Rayfa, offering a hurried, slightly embarrassed bow.

The Adventure Book Startl10
* You tell Mystic Rayfa that that's you. The detective. The village one.

Pausing for a moment, unsure just where to go from there, Frisk hesitantly offers the now-dislodged hot dog as some kind of metaphorical peace offering.

The Adventure Book Uh10
* You apologize for barging in?
DimitriBarronmore
DimitriBarronmore

Back to top Go down

Post by ToonBlade Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:26 am

After getting up and getting his bearings, the Engineer is regarded by two young teenagers wearing what he thinks are weird Halloween costumes. They appear a bit hostile toward him, but isn't worried. If anything, he's more curious as to where in the Sam hill his teleporter took him to.

"Now, hold yer horses there, ladies," he says, raising his hands. "I've no right clue as to where I am. Last I was doing, I was finished settin' up one of my machines, and when I tried usin' it I wound up here."

He clears his throat. "And if I may ask, where exactly is here? Place looks like one of 'em eastern countries. Am I still in Teufort, New mexico?"

And in comes the Doctor. The Engineer finds nothing wrong with his clothes. Looks like something a Medic or Spy would wear. Dapper. Though, he does wonder if that stick of celery on his jacket is real or not.
ToonBlade
ToonBlade

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:10 am

Jessica Ilha wrote:The Adventure Book Soj_pe34
"Excuse me, Mister. Would you, by any chance, be a Detective? Have you come here for investigating what happened with our urn?"
*He puts his hat back on.*
The Adventure Book VsW3MRl
Detective? Oh no, just overly curious I'm afraid. I'm the Doctor.
DimitriBarronmore wrote:The Adventure Book Startl10
* You tell Mystic Rayfa that that's you. The detective. The village one.
*The Doctor pauses for a moment looking at Frisk. Clearly something's now on his mind, but after a couple of seconds he begins smiling.*
The Adventure Book BdQ2dU4
Well, it would seem you're in luck if it was a detective you were looking for. If I heard you correctly on the way in, a crime has taken place here?

ToonBlade wrote:"Now, hold yer horses there, ladies," he says, raising his hands. "I've no right clue as to where I am. Last I was doing, I was finished settin' up one of my machines, and when I tried usin' it I wound up here."
*The Doctor says nothing to this, however he does seem to be somewhat intrigued. He waits to see what the others choose to say first however.*
The Adventure Book PDjTvxJ
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:23 pm

Pearl looks at the Doctor, confused and embarrassed by her misunderstanding.

"Oh, I'm sorry... I don't really meet many doctors outside the hospital, and the last one that came all the way to the Manor, well... Anyway..."

Wait, so the girl with the hot doggy (was this how you spelt that food's name?) was the detective? Not, you know, the always-hungry-assistant that every important person Pearl knew had?

The Adventure Book Soj_pe42
"Oh! Pardon, Miss Detective! I didn't realize it was you, I'm so sorry!"

Pearl, however, didn't take the hot doggy. She was under the impression it was meant for Mystic Rayfa anyway.

The big man with too much clothes for Pearl's taste said a couple of very strange words.

"New... Meksee Co.? Is that the name of the company you make machines at?"
The Adventure Book Soj_pe41
"I have no idea where that is, Mister, but now you are in Kurain Village. More precisely, at the Fey Manor, house of the Fey Clan."

Last but not least, Pearl returned her attention to the Doctor.

"Yes, a terrible crime happened here! You see," she pointed at what once was Mystic Ami's urn, "someone broke Mystic Ami's urn last night!"
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:19 pm

Jessica Ilha wrote:The Adventure Book Soj_pe49
"Oh, I'm sorry... I don't really meet many doctors outside the hospital, and the last one that came all the way to the Manor, well... Anyway..."
The Adventure Book ZaOWQ8m
Ah, well not quite that kind of Doctor, although I've certainly dabbled on occasion.

Last but not least, Pearl returned her attention to the Doctor.

"Yes, a terrible crime happened here! You see," she pointed at what once was Mystic Ami's urn, "someone broke Mystic Ami's urn last night!"
*Without waiting for an invitation to do so or anyone else to say anything, the Doctor quickly darted over to where Pearl had pointed.*
The Adventure Book VsW3MRl
Oh, I see...

*He pulls out a pair of glasses and begins examining the wreckage of the urn.*
The Adventure Book ATd6770
Hm, must be a couple of hundred years old I'd say. There's something else though, pink paint from the looks of it. What's interesting is it's not simply part of the pattern on the outside of the urn but actually seems to be on the edges of some of the pieces. There's nothing else particularly standing out about it though...
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next