Case Files Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Adventure Book

+2
ToonBlade
DimitriBarronmore
6 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Adventure Book - Page 3 Empty Re: The Adventure Book

Post by Aliucon Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:01 am

Amidst her uncle's story, Alyssa showed about the interest she could muster despite the familiarity with them. Occasionally her eyes would stray towards the windows, only to be met with visual darkness and the strong smell of rain. Once, she thought she heard a really weird sound coming from downstairs, but it was so unlike anything she could knew that she was sure she had imagined it.

Her gaze then went from her uncle to her brother as he mouthed something. She got easily worried for him, but Rhubarb continued speaking, and Alyssa followed the lead of the conversation, leaning forward on her seat.

"It's really dismal... Both the night and that whole situation in the village. The salesmen and other folk hardly speak of anything else... It is most terrifying."

She really didn't move the conversation too much, which was very much intended. She wanted the others to guide the conversation and partake on it as it went along.
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:32 am

The other occupant inside that peculiar machine was a teenager girl, but she had such a serious aura that you could easily believe that she was at least 20. She heard the Doctor’s explanation of where (or when) they were - nothing that he hadn’t done before.

“Of course I’ll stay with you,” Anne smiled. “I don’t think I could get away from Victorian London all by myself anyway. But are you sure you understand the concept of ‘low profile’? Because I’ve never seen you not draw attention with this clothing sense of yours...”

Anne was wearing a vivid green blazer and skirt, who was she to talk anyway?

Seeing that the door was finally open and the Doctor called her to action, Anne obediently followed.
After the first look outside, she adjusted her round glasses, thinking she could have more problems with her vision that usual.

“In the heart of the Victorian era, you said? I’d say we’re in the heart of a Victorian room... So much for your low profile approach, huh?”
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:35 pm

Jessica Ilha wrote:The other occupant inside that peculiar machine was a teenager girl, but she had such a serious aura that you could easily believe that she was at least 20. She heard the Doctor’s explanation of where (or when) they were - nothing that he hadn’t done before.

“Of course I’ll stay with you,” Anne smiled. “I don’t think I could get away from Victorian London all by myself anyway. But are you sure you understand the concept of ‘low profile’? Because I’ve never seen you not draw attention with this clothing sense of yours...”
The Adventure Book - Page 3 Y7zjtJR
What? Well... I suppose you might be right. I did have a less colourful blue number once from what I remember... doubtlessly it's somewhere in the TARDIS. Well, it would be best to proceed anyway I think rather than worry about that. I have found those on the streets of London have always had a knack for ignoring those they feel stand out too much anyway, especially in this era.

*He pulls out an umbrella and makes his way out of the TARDIS with it.*
The Adventure Book - Page 3 8kMVNGE
I do have to warn you, we should expect some rather heavy rain today.
Anne was wearing a vivid green blazer and skirt, who was she to talk anyway?

Seeing that the door was finally open and the Doctor called her to action, Anne obediently followed.
After the first look outside, she adjusted her round glasses, thinking she could have more problems with her vision that usual.

“In the heart of the Victorian era, you said? I’d say we’re in the heart of a Victorian room... So much for your low profile approach, huh?”
The Adventure Book - Page 3 OiylmSM
Oh. Well obviously we must be inside one of the many buildings. I'm sure I'll get my bearings soon enough.

*He closes his umbrella as he glances out of the window. As he does, the sky is once again illuminated by lightning for a flash, giving the Doctor long enough to see that outside are hills and fields, certainly not what you'd find in the middle of London. Something else for a moment also caught the Doctor's eye however, a figure, stood on the hilltop far away, but staring directly into the window at the Doctor. The Doctor pauses for a moment.*
The Adventure Book - Page 3 8CEFa4k
The Adventure Book - Page 3 UAX1ip6

The Adventure Book - Page 3 P356CXW
Let's have a look around and see where we've ended up Anne.

*They walk down the corridor, making their way towards the living room.*
Aliucon wrote:Amidst her uncle's story, Alyssa showed about the interest she could muster despite the familiarity with them. Occasionally her eyes would stray towards the windows, only to be met with visual darkness and the strong smell of rain. Once, she thought she heard a really weird sound coming from downstairs, but it was so unlike anything she could knew that she was sure she had imagined it.

Her gaze then went from her uncle to her brother as he mouthed something. She got easily worried for him, but Rhubarb continued speaking, and Alyssa followed the lead of the conversation, leaning forward on her seat.

"It's really dismal... Both the night and that whole situation in the village. The salesmen and other folk hardly speak of anything else... It is most terrifying."

She really didn't move the conversation too much, which was very much intended. She wanted the others to guide the conversation and partake on it as it went along.

Rhubarb: As I can imagine my dear... still if there's one thing I've learnt in my life, it's that you cannot let fear take control in situations such as this. To give in to despair is to admit defeat, and I'm sure eventually the culprit will be found.

*The Doctor and Anne enter the Living Room.*
Hmm, well the time period is right, and I'd say we're at least in England...

Frederick: Who the devil are you two?
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:06 am

Fear. Alyssa looked off into the window when her uncle spoke. What he said worked in another level for her, after all. Her hand moved absentmindly over her opposite wrist, where her amulet was tied to a wristband under her sleeve.

"Indeed, you're quite right, Uncle..."

That was around the time where new people came in, which was briefly alarming to Alyssa. They had come into the room with no prior warning, and the man's outfits was positively *garish*! As it happened, though, Alyssa was also wearing green, much like Anne, but in a single, long dress that was mercifully thin.

"... Huh? We weren't warned anyone came in just before..." She muttered, a bit lost, eyes focusing on the two newcomers. She didn't raise her voice since her brother already had.
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:04 pm

Anne noticed that the Doctor paused for a moment when looking at the window, and tried to follow where his eyes were at. She, however, didn't figure what he was looking at.

For that reason, the thought of asking what happened crossed her mind, but she quickly chose against it after seeing the stern look on the Doctor's face. That look meant trouble, and if he said nothing, he'd probably not answer her question either.

So Anne followed him into the room.

"Yes, it indeed looks like England," Anne replied to the Doctor's comment. "This is either England, or we're dealing with someone who really likes the Victorian style."

And then, they met some people. The owners of that place, probably?

"We're no devils, sir," Anne quickly answered. "We're... guests."

Anne looked at the Doctor. He was always better at explaining who they were anyway.
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:33 pm

Regiwi wrote:Frederick: Who the devil are you two?

Aliucon wrote:"... Huh? We weren't warned anyone came in just before..." She muttered, a bit lost, eyes focusing on the two newcomers. She didn't raise her voice since her brother already had.

Jessica Ilha wrote:"We're no devils, sir," Anne quickly answered. "We're... guests."

Anne looked at the Doctor. He was always better at explaining who they were anyway.
The Adventure Book - Page 3 MqnHn1D
Yes we're certainly not devils, we're travellers who seem to have lost our way. I'm the Doctor and this is Anne.

Frederick: Travellers? That doesn't explain why you've broken int-

Rhubarb: The Doctor? Did you say you're the Doctor?
The Adventure Book - Page 3 HQO4cmu
Yes, and this is Anne.

Rhubarb: How did you arrive here?
The Adventure Book - Page 3 7lyZM8y
Ah, yes well you could say we took a wrong turn an-

Rhubarb: Honestly Doctor.
...Very well, in my ship, the TARDIS.

Rhubarb: ...So it is you! You really have changed as well! You don't just look older, it's like you're a completely different person!
The Adventure Book - Page 3 XFjtzIM
Older!?
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:46 pm

Alyssa looked from the Doctor to Rhubarb, puzzled. But in hindsight, it wasn't unlike her uncle to know people she'd never met before. He spoke so much of his own adventures, after all.

"... Oh! An old acquaitance of yours, Uncle? Travelling companion, maybe?" She leaned back onto the couch, a bit more relaxed. "Hm, TARDIS is such a peculiar name for a vessel... Is it foreign?"
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:06 pm

"Don't take offence at that, Doctor," said Anne. "Maybe he says 'older' because he met you when 'you' were younger...?"

Anne thought for a bit.

"Actually, if you don't remember meeting him, maybe you haven't met him yet? And maybe... Maybe it wasn't this you who actually met him?"

Feeling that she might not be making sense any more, Anne stopped her train of thought. It's better not to think too much, when it comes to the logic behind the Doctors...
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:52 pm

Aliucon wrote:Alyssa looked from the Doctor to Rhubarb, puzzled. But in hindsight, it wasn't unlike her uncle to know people she'd never met before. He spoke so much of his own adventures, after all.

"... Oh! An old acquaitance of yours, Uncle? Travelling companion, maybe?"

Rhubarb: Not quite a travelling companion, but we did meet on my travels. Of course, when we met he was quite an energetic chap, long brown coat and some strange footwear. The hair was very different also and he was quite a thin fellow, although the same could be said for me on that last count.
The Adventure Book - Page 3 SST1bBi
Yet you don't seem fazed that I look so different.

Rhubarb: Well Sir, he... I mean that is to say, you told me that when I saw you next you would look different altogether. I'll admit it sounded unbelievable... but the things I saw that day, saw you do. Well I could believe just about anything you said after that. Needless to say, your mentioning the TARDIS is what sealed the deal so to speak.

Alyssa wrote:She leaned back onto the couch, a bit more relaxed. "Hm, TARDIS is such a peculiar name for a vessel... Is it foreign?"
You could say that, Gallifreyan actually. We landed a couple of rooms down the corridor.
Jessica Ilha wrote:"Don't take offence at that, Doctor," said Anne. "Maybe he says 'older' because he met you when 'you' were younger...?"

Anne thought for a bit.

"Actually, if you don't remember meeting him, maybe you haven't met him yet? And maybe... Maybe it wasn't this you who actually met him?"

Feeling that she might not be making sense any more, Anne stopped her train of thought. It's better not to think too much, when it comes to the logic behind the Doctors...
I have a feeling that is the case Anne, it would make sense also as to why that me, would tell him next time we met I would look entirely different, as well as me not being able to recall you... Mr...?

Rhubarb: Ah my apologies, I am Sir Rhubarb Gardener, this is my Nephew Frederick, Niece Alyssa, our maids Elise and Jane and finally our Butler Garvin.
Well, pleased to meet you all.

*He then turned aside to Anne.*
You know Anne I forget now... when did I go over regeneration with you?
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:16 pm

"It's a pleasure meeting you all," said Anne with a smile.

But that smile was cut short when the Doctor's question caught her off-guard. Did he really need to ask that? I mean, he really supposes that Anne's memory would be better than his, when he is the one who's been doing so much for the last decades to say the least?
Well, at least in this case, it would seem so.

"Oh, it was a fairly long ago... It's no wonder why you'd have forgotten, seeing that you probably had to explain it so many times you lost count."

Anne put her hands behind her back, leaning a bit to the side, with a somewhat innocent look on her face.

"Do you remember when I pestered you so we could meet Shakespeare? We hadn't been travelling together for much time by then, but you were kind enough to accept my request... Or just wished to have my loud self shutting up, whichever works best for you.

"But then Sir Shakespeare said that the Doctor he used to know was 'all teeth and curls' and refused to believe you were, in a manner of speaking, that same Doctor, for some valuable minutes, do you remember?

"It's okay if you don't, though. I'm sure you've got more important things to remember than a silly bookworm's wish."
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:39 pm

Jessica Ilha wrote:"It's a pleasure meeting you all," said Anne with a smile.

But that smile was cut short when the Doctor's question caught her off-guard. Did he really need to ask that? I mean, he really supposes that Anne's memory would be better than his, when he is the one who's been doing so much for the last decades to say the least?
Well, at least in this case, it would seem so.

"Oh, it was a fairly long ago... It's no wonder why you'd have forgotten, seeing that you probably had to explain it so many times you lost count."

Anne put her hands behind her back, leaning a bit to the side, with a somewhat innocent look on her face.

"Do you remember when I pestered you so we could meet Shakespeare? We hadn't been travelling together for much time by then, but you were kind enough to accept my request... Or just wished to have my loud self shutting up, whichever works best for you.
Ah, yes. Well I'm always happy to visit a wordsmith, especially the greatest poet to ever grace the English language. It's a shame he was such a terrible actor of course, but I suppose you can't have it all.
"But then Sir Shakespeare said that the Doctor he used to know was 'all teeth and curls' and refused to believe you were, in a manner of speaking, that same Doctor, for some valuable minutes, do you remember?

"It's okay if you don't, though. I'm sure you've got more important things to remember than a silly bookworm's wish."
Now Anne, it was a 'silly bookworm's wish' that started me off in the first place, there's nothing more important to me in all the stars.

Frederick: This is all very touching, but you are still uninvited intruders here.

Rhubarb: Frederick, don't talk such nonsense. Our other guests haven't arrived yet, but I've always got time for the Doctor, and any friend of his my dear can consider themselves welcome also. Jane, could you get some more glasses for our guests, I can't stand seeing them any longer without a drink in their hands.

Jane: Yes Sir Rhubarb.

*With a nod, Jane stopped the preparations she was working on in the room with Elise and left into the castle corridors, making her way down to the room the TARDIS had arrived in.*
The Adventure Book - Page 3 MqnHn1D
Oh, well thank you very much Sir Rhubarb. We were actually on our way to London.

Rhubarb: London? That's quite some way away, it'd take you a few hours by coach to reach at least, and in this weather... well...
Ah...
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:32 pm

Regiwi wrote:The Adventure Book - Page 3 HQO4cmu
You could say that, Gallifreyan actually. We landed a couple of rooms down the corridor.

"Wha-!" That alarmed her for a moment. She was pretty sure a full-on ship hadn't crashed into the castle: that would be madness, right? And yet, the conversation progressed so smoothly that it seemed like just a natural thing to say that. Maybe he meant some other kind of ship: albeit it'd have to be portable in some way.

Regardless, she stood up from the couch and offered an educated bow to the two when Rhubarb made the role call. "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintances."

She didn't expect her brother to follow along with the motion, but now that she was standing, it made sense to try and make more of an active part of the conversation.

"It's a hideous storm for this time of Spring, too. And it shows no signs of slowing down... You might be stranded 'till midnight unless you choose to stop along the way in the village nearby. But..." She hesitated, running a hand across one of her bangs. "... T-That might be a problem as well."
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Triplemathics Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:06 am

Liselotte had been within earshot of Sir Rhubarb's command at all times, and so she was as the unexpected guests had arrived. She had said very little, offering naught but a forced smile and a twitch of the mouth when glanced upon. Whilst proper in etiquette and in manners, Liselotte did not enjoy outsiders nor interacting with them. And yet...

"...Shall I fetch the spare coats for the honoured guests, Sir Rhubarb? The kashmir coats should provide ample warmth for this sort of weather."

Her tone of voice and body language was immaculate, exceedingly unintrusive and withdrawn. Yet, Liselotte also spoke with a presence to ensure her company that she was there to be of service. Preferably, she hoped, in service of getting some peace and quiet and showing the guests out.
Triplemathics
Triplemathics

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:06 pm

"Thank you so much for your hospitality, Sir Rhubarb."

Anne wasn't that surprised to learn that they were far from London. If the view she had from the window earlier wasn't any clue, at least the fact that it wouldn't be the first time TARDIS got them to the wrong place, and they unexpectedly turned up inside a manor this time, was a very good indicative that they were far from their intended landing spot.

"You say you were expecting guests? With such a bad weather, they might not be able to come at all... I wouldn't be surprised if one or two streets were blocked on the way here. That's common... in Literature, of course."

Alyssa's last remark did not go unnoticed.

"Miss... Alyssa, correct? Is anything the matter with the village you mentioned? You seem... Startled, to say the least."
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:50 pm

Alyssa had expected the conversation to remain on the subject of the weather, so she felt a bit taken aback when Anne brought up her own words again, and she realized she might have just spoiled the mood by suggesting that subject.

"Oh, it's... Yes, Miss, there have been a number of incidents there as of late. Bloody ones, murder and all. It's been the talk of the village and all neighboring places these days."

Her eyes wandered until they glanced over to the frame of her uncle, and she bowed apologetically before sitting down again.

"Apologies, I hardly wanted to impose a subject, especially one as abhorrent as to involve killings..."
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:31 pm

Triplemathics wrote:"...Shall I fetch the spare coats for the honoured guests, Sir Rhubarb? The kashmir coats should provide ample warmth for this sort of weather."

Rhubarb: That's a good idea Elise, although it would appear our Doctor friend already has an umbrella prepared at any rate. Quite a colourful one too.
Yes I saw the weather conditions would require it.

*He makes sure to mutter quietly under his breath so as to not be heard.*
That part was right at least...
Jessica Ilha wrote:"You say you were expecting guests? With such a bad weather, they might not be able to come at all... I wouldn't be surprised if one or two streets were blocked on the way here. That's common... in Literature, of course."

Rhubarb: Yes the thought had crossed my mind, especially in these current times, travelling in such weather would most likely be unwise.
The Adventure Book - Page 3 XFjtzIM
Unwise you say?
Aliucon wrote:"Oh, it's... Yes, Miss, there have been a number of incidents there as of late. Bloody ones, murder and all. It's been the talk of the village and all neighboring places these days."

Her eyes wandered until they glanced over to the frame of her uncle, and she bowed apologetically before sitting down again.

"Apologies, I hardly wanted to impose a subject, especially one as abhorrent as to involve killings..."

Rhubarb: Nonsense Alyssa, we don't want to send our guests out into a possibly dangerous situation, it's good you brought it up.
Murders in the village?

Rhubarb: Indeed, beastly killings, the victims have been found in a state where they seem to have been mauled as if by a pack of dogs, but the killings have always happened with what seems like the intellect of a person, noone has witnessed any beasts in the village, and the murders have all happened in secluded areas where the victim was alone.
I see, sounds like quite the frightening situation.

Frederick: The police naturally are at a loss, although in these parts they are at a loss simply trying to locate lost sheep.

Rhubarb: Yes, we were just discussing it before you arrived. Anne, Doctor. Feel free to stay here where it's safe, for as long as you want.
Well thank you Sir Rhubarb, perhaps staying the night would be a good idea, would you agree An-

*Suddenly, from down the corridor a piercing scream sounds out. The Doctor spins towards it.*
The Adventure Book - Page 3 F4OGQJw
!

Rhubarb: That sounds like Jane!
The Adventure Book - Page 3 BdIare4
Quickly!

*The Doctor without waiting begins running down the corridor.*
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:36 pm

Alyssa sighed in relief when the conversation was accepted in general. She sat idly and shifted her gaze appropriately to whoever was talking at any given moment. The arrangements for them to stay may things work out in such a way seemed fair, though she momentarily looked back to her brother to check. He had been displeased by their presence from the outset, after all

But the scream changed everything. She jumped to her feet, so fast that the amulet tied under her sleeve got loose and slid harmlessly into the couch.

"...!! Jane!"

Alyssa was easily fond of the servants in the castle, since there were so few, so she felt the urge to run to her aid. So when the Doctor bolted towards the noise, she naturally tried to follow.
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Triplemathics Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:40 pm

Liselotte's eyes narrowed and she lowered her gaze as Lord Rhubarb offered for the guests to stay the night. She bowed curtly and promptly turned to walk away...

...When the scream was heard. Liselotte noted the swift footsteps of Alyssa and reached for the young woman as she ran past.
"Ah...! Miss Alyssa, you mustn't rush off! Please, you must be cautious!"
She adjusted her maid dress and held it up above her feet as she followed Alyssa into the corridor.
Triplemathics
Triplemathics

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:46 am

"Bloody, beastly killings..."

Anne tried to remember every single monster she knew; quite a few, that was, since she spent most of her spare time reading books of all sorts.

But her thoughts were once more interrupted when a scream was heard. She did the only thing she was expected to do: run along towards the scream.

There was no way she'd stay behind by herself.
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:12 am

Jessica Ilha wrote:"Bloody, beastly killings..."

Anne tried to remember every single monster she knew; quite a few, that was, since she spent most of her spare time reading books of all sorts.

But her thoughts were once more interrupted when a scream was heard. She did the only thing she was expected to do: run along towards the scream.

There was no way she'd stay behind by herself.
*Frederick had also followed the others, although not as quickly, so as to not be at the front of the group. Sir Rhubarb in his older age couldn't quite go as fast as he used to, so was following at the back with his Butler Garvin staying with him. The Doctor at the front rushed around into the room the TARDIS was sat in.*
The Adventure Book - Page 3 O2VymAf
Oh no...

*The Doctor crouched down by Jane's body. It was a very bloody scene, the method of killing wasn't a blow with a weapon, but appeared to be a savage attack with claws and fangs. It seemed there were gashes all over her, except on her neck which had some blood spatter over the necklace she was wearing, but no signs of any cuts. The Doctor pulled out a strange device.*
The Adventure Book - Page 3 VHV8vXh
*He scanned the device up and down Jane's body.*
...I'm sorry.
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:07 am

Anne rushed into the room, but quickly stopped once she saw there was blood everywhere.
Trying to not disturb anything, and specially trying not to step on the blood, Anne slowly approached the body to take the best look she could endure.

It certainly was a gruesome way to depart this world...

"I'm so sorry for your loss... Might I ask if there was any other person in this manor, aside from us?"

Anne knew that the most probable answer was "no", but it didn't hurt to ask. At least, it was better than saying "looks like the mysterious, beastly killer has found us!" or anything of the sort...
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:07 am

Liselotte's warning made Alyssa dial back on her speed, so she fell behind the others save for perhaps Frederick and her uncle. She still had to see, so she soldiered on, but her pace would follow the maid's.

"I'm sorry for being so reckless. I'll just-"

And then, blood.

She didn't even have time to be shocked at the out of place phone box in the middle of the room. A friend of hers, which she had just been with moments ago, was dead. Gruesomely disfigured, it made her gag intially: then despair.

"Jane...!! No!"

Her eyes wide and her knees weakening, she buried her face on her hands. This didn't happen. It couldn't have happened.

Don't be afraid, Alyssa.

Heart racing, breath quickening. Of course she was scared. He let those things settle before lowering his hands and looking at the body again, less horrified and more stoic now. He wiped a tear that had been forming under his eye.

What a savage mauling. Was she just thrown to the wolves? But it wasn't indiscriminate. Somehow the neck was intact. If you want to kill someone, that's where you normally go for. What was that necklace again? He could never remember.

He'd separate from the group and inch towards the side of the body, crouching to get a better view without interrupting the weird old man waving an apparatus around.
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Triplemathics Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:18 am

"Please, milady! You mustn't look..." Liselotte did her best to shield Alyssa's eyes from the remains of Jane. Gently crouched next to the girl, the maid wrapped Alyssa's left arm around Liselotte's shoulders and attempted to back away from the gruesome scenery. The... savagery.

"This gruesome scene is not for a gentle soul like yours, milady. Let us be on our way and let the others handle things for now."
Contrary to her shaking voice, Liselotte's face was blank, devoid of outward reactions. Her face did shift, yet not nearly so much as the others present.
Triplemathics
Triplemathics

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:38 am

Jessica Ilha wrote:Anne rushed into the room, but quickly stopped once she saw there was blood everywhere.
Trying to not disturb anything, and specially trying not to step on the blood, Anne slowly approached the body to take the best look she could endure.

It certainly was a gruesome way to depart this world...

"I'm so sorry for your loss... Might I ask if there was any other person in this manor, aside from us?"
*Frederick had gone pale and looked away from the body pulling out a handkerchief to dab his head.*

Frederick: Well we didn't know you two had broken in so what do you think? For all we know there could be a whole football team hidden in the attic!
Aliucon wrote:"Jane...!! No!"

Her eyes wide and her knees weakening, she buried her face on her hands. This didn't happen. It couldn't have happened.

Don't be afraid, Alyssa.

Heart racing, breath quickening. Of course she was scared. He let those things settle before lowering his hands and looking at the body again, less horrified and more stoic now. He wiped a tear that had been forming under his eye.

What a savage mauling. Was she just thrown to the wolves? But it wasn't indiscriminate. Somehow the neck was intact. If you want to kill someone, that's where you normally go for. What was that necklace again? He could never remember.

He'd separate from the group and inch towards the side of the body, crouching to get a better view without interrupting the weird old man waving an apparatus around.
Triplemathics wrote:"Please, milady! You mustn't look..." Liselotte did her best to shield Alyssa's eyes from the remains of Jane. Gently crouched next to the girl, the maid wrapped Alyssa's left arm around Liselotte's shoulders and attempted to back away from the gruesome scenery. The... savagery.

"This gruesome scene is not for a gentle soul like yours, milady. Let us be on our way and let the others handle things for now."
Contrary to her shaking voice, Liselotte's face was blank, devoid of outward reactions. Her face did shift, yet not nearly so much as the others present.
*The Doctor was examining the body still, he didn't look away as he spoke.*
It's odd, this appears to have been a savage attack, committed by something of beastly intelligence, yet one part seems to have not been touched.

*At this Frederick took a nervous look at the scene.*

Frederick: Her neck. Her necklace is still there. Why would they leave her necklace? It's the only notable thing about her.

Rhubarb: Frederick! Show some respect.
Yes, well ignoring the callousness of his remarks, what does he mean Sir Rhubarb?

Rhubarb: Ah, that necklace was a point of pride for her Doctor, her family's only heirloom, a silver necklace. From her Grandmother I believe.
I see.
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:07 am

He looked up when the maid blocked his view. For someone who was just hired help here, she looked as stoic as the old man. ... What was her name again? It's been long enough, he either forgot or didn't ever learn it. But he didn't resist when she pulled him away at first, more interested in the conversation that continued to point out the same that he had identified.

As they got a bit farther off, he withdrew his left arm and took a step back from Liselotte.

"Don't coddle me," he snapped. His voice was raspy and deep, a far cry from the meek voice of Alyssa. "This is serious."

He turned to the scene again, specifically looking towards Rhubarb, which he gestured towards.

"Hey. Old man. Are you just standing there waiting to be next? Whatever did this is still on the loose. You own this place, go get us a weapon or two to ward off this beast."
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next