Case Files Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life’s Great Mysteries

+7
Giggles
Shuda51
DimitriBarronmore
Peachy
Any1
Nenilein
Aliucon
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Life’s Great Mysteries - Page 2 Empty Re: Life’s Great Mysteries

Post by Shuda51 Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:44 am

Of course, timing is always a fun thing, the old captain reaching for the door just as the lady on the other side went to open it. Charles had a small stumble, but a quick adjustment of the cane has him back to a proper footing. "What in-- oh, miss Ariana! My apologies!"

The former captain takes a step off to the side, a little shake in his body. "It looks like we're both were in a hurry with that rain starting to come in. Did you need any help today, I brought a few things for the library..."
Shuda51
Shuda51

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:48 am

"O-Oh, hello, Mr. Cutter!" Ariana stuttered, trying to decide whether she should step inside or outside the doorway to let the veteran make his way into the library. "Yes, the rain is coming with such a bad timing today..."

Finally deciding to step outside the doorway, she gestured towards the door with a smile. "Please, come in! Help is always appreciated. Lotte's inside, she can assist you if you need."

While Ariana did notice that Cutter was carrying a few books with him, she knew better than trying to ask about them. If he started to tell one of his stories, she would never reach the market before the rain...
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuda51 Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:22 am

The man does smile as he moves his cane in front of the door, holding it open properly so that Ariana could move without issue. "Hah, but who knows, it may be a good thing. It feels like we haven't had a spot of rain in a while! Don't let me keep you, I've got the door, go ahead and take care!" He gives a soft nod to her as he moves inside. Such a terrible thing, the poor girls being left alone, but they had been doing quite well. Certainly the next generation was to be a grand one.

Charles moved into the library, looking to find a place to set down his bag, eventually settling near Charlotte's area. "Good day Miss Charlotte. The captain is here to perform his war duties!" A soft chuckle as he began to pull out the latest batch from his collection and from a few special orders, already working to arrange them for easier storage in their new home.
Shuda51
Shuda51

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggles Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:51 am

Sgt. Sullivan's eyes narrowed as the door to his office opened. There were a number of people he was actually hoping would come to him that day: A courier, a newsboy, maybe even a member of the rich and powerful come to ask him a favor. The man in front of him was none of those people.

"Detective O'Donnell. Thank you for the... Donuts. They will provide a distraction, but not the one I was hoping for." He gestured to an empty spot on the desk where O'Donnell could put the donuts. "Did you see anything important on the way in? Or anyone, perhaps? I'm expecting a delivery at some point today."
Giggles
Giggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverie Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:42 pm

((New apps accepted.))

Bringing her hand back, Hayley could not so much as feign surprise by her beloved's attitude. It was always the same: hugs and smiles until she toed the line by venturing into matters that were not suited to her role in the family. She bristled visibly upon hearing the words "girl like you", but was much more concerned by the effect that these matters were having on his health. Hayley wanted to ask Gordon if he had been sleeping well, or if he had been sleeping at all. There were many questions that had been left unasked for too long, but neither of them had yet worked up the courage to put them to rest for good.

She wanted to protest further and a dozen ways to do so had already presented themselves, but Hayley simply didn't have the energy or the willpower to keep going.

"I understand," Hayley stated simply, not understanding him or his behaviour in the slightest, "I just hope you're looking after yourself too. You don't have to push yourself so hard."

Returning his false smile as he returned to the house, the young lady was left alone once again. She spent a fair few seconds alone in the cold and the noise, just contemplating this and that. Her senses came back to her before long and Hayley returned to her floral haven, knees sinking deep into the dirt. She sighed quietly, the barest hint of a sad smile on her face, and watched her creations with something akin to wonder.

"You'll never leave me all alone, will you?"
Reverie
Reverie

Back to top Go down

Post by General Tommy Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:58 pm

Shadow stood in the police department, arms crossed over his chest. It was another day at the office, and as per usual, Shadow simply wanted to get out there and look for criminals. Of course, this town was pretty slow most of the time, so he mostly had to deal with speeding violations and drunken brawls. Nothing too major, he supposed. He did keep his gun nearby him though, just in case it was needed, but Shadow wasn't so trigger-happy that he'd shoot anything that moved.

Deciding to check in with Sgt. Sullivan, Shadow walked over to his office, only to find Detective O'Donnell present. Deciding not to make his presence too known until they were done with talking, Shadow simply decided to wait outside, running a hand through his black hair.

Alfonse decided to check over his armor and practice sword. There were a few nicks in the sword since his last training session, which bothered the man. He couldn't ignore that this sword needed maintenance sometime soon. His armor was mostly meant for his historical reenactments, though it served well enough for turning aside the occasional attack thanks to the steel used in it, plus it was more practically-constructed than one might normally give costume armor. Sheathing his sword, Alfonse stretched a bit. "Wonder how Sylvia is doing," he muttered to himself. "Well, she's either at the church or feeding some cats. Might as well check the church first." With that, Alfonse stood up and made his way over to the church. He had his sharper sword on him just in case a fight broke out, but he wasn't wearing his armor this time, instead settling for some casual clothing, since he doubted he'd run into a brawl on his way to the church.
General Tommy
General Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:25 am

*Meanwhile, in a pub in town. The name of which may never be known, or decided upon at a later time...*
Life’s Great Mysteries - Page 2 LuKYA2T
So there I was, the beast staring down upon me! But Jasper doesn't give up that easily! No, why I grabbed the foul beast in a headlock and we went careening off the bridge. Needless to say, I think you can all see who was victorious that day!

*He gestures over to his wall in the pub, which is decorated with all of his antlers, including a new pair recently acquired.*
Life’s Great Mysteries - Page 2 MPs04PZ

*As the merriment and toasting of the finest man in town is going on inside, a figure passes by outside in the rain, making his way further into Little Rosebury, in the direction of the town Library.*
Life’s Great Mysteries - Page 2 Z3xcTA1

((That image is just a one off, other Gaston ones will be smaller I promise.))
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by DimitriBarronmore Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:13 am

Giggles wrote:Sgt. Sullivan's eyes narrowed as the door to his office opened. There were a number of people he was actually hoping would come to him that day: A courier, a newsboy, maybe even a member of the rich and powerful come to ask him a favor. The man in front of him was none of those people.

"Detective O'Donnell. Thank you for the... Donuts. They will provide a distraction, but not the one I was hoping for." He gestured to an empty spot on the desk where O'Donnell could put the donuts. "Did you see anything important on the way in? Or anyone, perhaps? I'm expecting a delivery at some point today."

O'Donnell deposited his bag in the place indicated, not bothered at all by Sullivan's cold tone. It was exactly the reaction he had expected, though he hoped to be pleasantly surprised. Not this time around, he supposed. Taking a moment to straighten his tie, Patrick spent a measured beat gathering his thoughts before replying.

"Rosebury is silent today, Sarge, so the office is quiet. Aside from the newspaper this morning, these donuts are the first thing that's been delivered."

Leaning against this side of the desk with the intention of pausing a moment, O'Donnell glanced at the still-open door and out at the officer on the other side of the threshold, causing him to smirk slyly and shift what he was about to say.

"It looks like I'm not the only person paying a visit, however. Maybe he'll have interesting news for you."
DimitriBarronmore
DimitriBarronmore

https://dimitri-barronmore.carrd.co/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:07 am

Shuda51 wrote:The man does smile as he moves his cane in front of the door, holding it open properly so that Ariana could move without issue. "Hah, but who knows, it may be a good thing. It feels like we haven't had a spot of rain in a while! Don't let me keep you, I've got the door, go ahead and take care!" He gives a soft nod to her as he moves inside. Such a terrible thing, the poor girls being left alone, but they had been doing quite well. Certainly the next generation was to be a grand one.

Charles moved into the library, looking to find a place to set down his bag, eventually settling near Charlotte's area. "Good day Miss Charlotte. The captain is here to perform his war duties!" A soft chuckle as he began to pull out the latest batch from his collection and from a few special orders, already working to arrange them for easier storage in their new home.

"If you don't mind... See you later, Mr. Cutter!"

Ariana kept on rushing towards the market, listing once more the things she should buy in her head.

Meanwhile, inside the library, Charlotte's eyes widened. "Good day, Mr. Cutter!", she said as she rushed towards him, leaving her book behind. "Let me help you!", she eagerly reached the books the Captain was carrying, even before receiving his permission to do so.

"What did you bring today?"

The little girl's excitement was easy to notice. Despite what everyone else thought, Charlotte enjoyed hearing about the Captain's stories. They weren't as good as the mystery books she used to read, but they were real.
Okay, maybe not all of them...
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuda51 Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:21 pm

The Captain let out a little laugh, just handing over a good amount of them to the young lady. "Oh, these? These were something I had to dig into the old archives for! Some of the pre-war books that I had..." He took a seat after the books were put away, just taking a moment to rest. Those legs didn't move like they used to, not one bit. "I didn't know if you had these yet, I don't remember seeing them...but if you do, then some extras are always good!"

_____

Mister Helms made his way up to the police station, just taking a moment to slip inside the public entrance. One set of news might have been out the door, but the next was already needing its initial stories. He wasn't sure what he was going to do yet. Perhaps an interview or two, if he were asked. In fact, that might even be a great cover story. A quick series of words from the officers, a round of self-congratulatory statements about how well they had done.
Shuda51
Shuda51

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum