Case Files Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shuda's Written Words

3 posters

Go down

Shuda's Written Words Empty Shuda's Written Words

Post by Shuda51 Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:08 am

A place to store various writings of the Shuda! Let us start with a remake of an old fic that never got finished:

Title Unknown
Prologue

Location Unknown
Year Unknown

Loss.

When most people think or talk abou loss, they're usully going with the emotional or physical aspects. The loss of the car keys. The loss of the home game. The loss of family.

When I think of loss, its in the bodily and scholarly assets. The dissapearance of working limbs. The vanishing of memories. The constant and unending ruination of knowledge.

Loss is not a single thing, a sole event to ponder upon. It is not a mere blip upon life. It is more akin to a massive ocean surrounding a lone island, and with each passing day, the ocean takes away another piece of that island away, ensuring that it too will inevitably lead to total, encompassing loss.

I would like to tell you of my name. I would. I would like to give you the memories of my past, to show you the scars of battles I think I have fought, to tell of the full extent of what I can do. But I can't. Those islands have already washed up...

But let us talk about now. Say what you will about my people, we understand the way that you work. You asked for something. I have delivered it. The fact that it currently makes me look like some rent-a-killer with an inability to sate the bloodthirst is irrelevant, considering that is what you all had tried to make me...

Location Unknown
??? years ago

"What do you think?" The question came a little sudden, considering the situation that we has found ourselves in. The convoy was ahead, the transport for the captured Council.

"I think that, as per usual, we aer dealing with far too much for far too little pay." I put my thoughts out rather carefully. The mission was simple enough. Free the Council without injuring them. Something that was already an annoying prospect in my mind. Whenever you had the babysitting jobs, whoever needed the babysitting was likely to cause issue even once you did the initial freeing.

I readied a small button in my hand. Our expert has already placed our tool of a welcoming committee upon the railings. The train would try to brake, the speed would be just enough so that it would derail, this was one of the safest locations for it to do so. Get in, eliminate the guards, get out. The Readings had said it would go well, but they were as reliable as the Army's intel.

"Ready?" "Always." We counted down. 3... 2... 1...

Location Unknown
??? Years Ago

I awoke with a start. A headache pounded into my mind, likely the result of some bad fighting the night before. It was the kind of pain that was just strong enough to keep you wishing for it to end, but dull enough that the docs wouldn't give you the strong stuff.

I turned, moving to get up, but I found myself stuck. Looking around, I noticed the telltale signs of captivity. Chains that seemed to bind me in the middle of pearl white room, with no obvious way out. This was not one of the usual hospitals I tended to enjoy waking up in.

With a sharp tug, I yanked the chains, almost immediately breaking them away from their holdings, forcing my battered body to the ground. Alarms began to blare, aiding in the headache's effectiveness and acting like the world's worst coffee.

I needed to escape. I needed to get out...To find...to find...

I couldn't recall the name. It was on the tip of my tongue. Dancing in front of me like a far off memory, but something had it locked away, a vault in my mind that I couldn't break through.

There was a set of screaming yells. I looked up to notice an open door. Three figures were standing in front, dressed in uniforms I'd not seen my enemies wear before. I stood tall, getting into my stance, the chain that had bound me hanging of my arm.

Three against one. The odds were still too easy.

To be Continued....
Shuda51
Shuda51

Back to top Go down

Shuda's Written Words Empty Re: Shuda's Written Words

Post by Shuda51 Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:21 pm

Title Unknown
Chapter 1: New Ultas Blues

Location Unknown
Year Unknown

I keep asking myself how it went so wrong. Everything seemed to be going the right way, even after the unfortunate awakening. That's the thing about having a plan of action, it always seems like no matter how well you set it up, all it takes is one joker with a wild card to toss the spanner into the works. The battle between the UDL and the CF should have ended years ago, but here we are.

Whenever you stop to think about 'what you should have done differently', everyone seems to misunderstand the point. When you look back at the branches of life, the what might have beens, the what could have been dones, you don't think to realize that the glasses you're using to view that have been tainted. All of those paths will lead you to right where you're standing. The you that you were is what became the you that you are. Plain and simple.

Year: ???

The explosion was loud and sharp, an alarm for every mercenary or guard in the region. The tracks were utterly ruined, certainly making the impending derailment an easy thing. True to course, the train made a fast and worried attempt to hold back from its destined future, but the slippage happened regardless. That's what happens when you pay for a bit of professional work. Timing exact to the second. The plains welcomed the tilting mass with open arms, and we managed to avoid a total cluster. There was the sickening snap of metal in the air as some cars became dislodged, but so long as the Council remained safe, that was the key thing.

"Execute the plan! Go!" The engine kicked to life beneath us as our camo faltered. Speed was the key thing with this whole deal. Its just a matter of taking advantage of surprise while the home guard was dealing with the problems of slamming their heads into the sides of the train cars.

Bravo Squad managed to penetrate through the front by the time our vehicle arrived. Our entrance was at the rear. Classic pincer maneuver. We'd meet in the middle, and at some point we'd come across the Council. Charlie and Delta held sniper support on the sides. Total coverage. I looked over at my partner, offering a trademarked grin as I toss him over a shotgun. "Ready to earn the payday there, Kazu?"

The other man gave me a nod, already loading up. "Of course! Just need to go through this like a hot knife through butter." We readied up on the door, counted off, and kicked it in. The poor saps who had decided to go on this train ride were still dazed and confused, the rapport of pistol fire with the thunderous bass of shotgun blasts making swift work of the initial crowd. There were the kind of rent-a-mooks who did their work for a small bit of pay without questioning. Not so different from me, save for ability and full coffers.

Cars two and three went just as well. They were starting to get more prepared, but for a bunch of UDL terrorists, their gear was looking sloppy. Seems as though their main concern was the initial extraction, but I was thankful we hadn't needed to deal with someone carrying the heavier gear. We were actually feeling pretty cocky by that point.

Of course, Kazu went to kick the fourth door open, and found himself getting the brunt end of someone else kicking their side of the door in. He went flying back, landing against the back of our previous car with a bit of a crunch. Vacation days were going to get used. The gorilla that had done such a thing to my friend moved forward. UDF High Officer, wearing one of their trademarked pressure suits, his fists glowing and crackling with electricity. No need for a gun when you were built like an airship and delivered blows to match a tank. His attention was now geared to me.

"Oy, you seriously need that suit? No wonder the UDF is losing these days." He had a multi-million suit that made him nearly indestructible. I had a pair of revolvers. Taunting him was probably not the best idea. Of course, the brain of those who use these things was usually small enough. He got angry and lurched forward, that crackling fist slipping past my head and impaling into the train car behind me. The problem with those suits is that while they were strong as all hell, they weren't dexterous at all.

My foe had put his fist through a nice hunk of metal and was going to have trouble pulling it out. I maneuvered over, used the momentary distraction to clock him in the back of the head, breaching the seal for the helmet. He pulled back long enough for me to dispense justice, sending him to the ground. I looked over for Kazu, calling out. "Buddy, you alright?" He raised a weak thumbs up to me.

This car was the one that held the prisoners we were sorely after. The Council that ruled over Ultas. I went one by one to each of the holding cells, using a lead injection from the revolvers to remove the locks.

"About time! Couldn't you guys have figured out an easier way of doing this!?" That would be Triple. Leader of the Financial systems. Guy was fairly loud, but he made good and quick points. Plan wasn't the cleanest. I could expect a bill from him before one of the others sent over the payment.

"Shuda. I'm surprised your Family is in on this. What has happened to the CF army?" General Tommy. Leader of the Military, funnily enough. It was weird seeing him in prisoner rags and not in his suit. A sensible man, but he was right. The Army was being lazy today.

"...You know this isn't going to scrub off that incident in New-Qui, right?" Regi, Leader of the Legal side of things. Fair, balanced, impartial, the kind of guy who swung his mallet with iron determination.

"Ah, thank you, thank you!" Peachy, Leader of the Cultural districts. Fairly nice person overall, not someone you'd expect to see on the big bad Council, but certainly one who helped to keep things going in the stadium area.

"We are not out of the woods yet. The effects of the Tower still loom over us." Neni, Leader of the Spiritual sectors. A true seer of the past, present, and future if you gave her the time of day for it.

She was right, of course. We weren't out of this situation just yet. But it wouldn't be too big of an issue in my mind to get the five to true safety...

The trio that had tried to stand before me were toppled like a house of cards. I let out a few huffs as I checked their set up. Crimson streaks now lined the formerly pure white room, like a painter who had a bad morning. Security tags, things that I could use to start making my escape. That was the key thing. I moved onto the next room.

There was a mirror. Looked to be some kind of locker room, but the ability to actually see myself made some of the issues I had waking up quite apparant. I could see that I was clothed in a simple hospital uniform, from what I could tell. A patient, perhaps, though now I could clearly see a UDF logo upon it.

There were more troubling issues. Namely, I was missing some key parts on my right side. My right eye appeared to be missing. My right arm was also absent. That pounding headache returned, sending me stumbling into one of the nearby lockers. I couldn't remember what had happened...but I strongly suspected it had something to do with the bastards in this place. Revenge was going to be very necessary for them. For now though, escaping..... That would be the key thing.

Location Unknown

The phone rang with an unending and uncaring frenzy until it was picked up. A man in a gray suit, talking softly into the receiver.

"Yes, this is him." .... "Really? He woke up? And?" .... "Oh." .... "Oh."

There was silence as he continued to listen to the words coming through the phone, before giving a nod.

"Obviously we will need to find him before he gets too far. Operative Ghost should be in the area. Tell him that Veri needs his skills...."

To Be Continued...
Shuda51
Shuda51

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:59 pm

Well, I didn't expect to be included in a fic of yours, I'm actually feeling really fuzzy right now. It's looking good so far!
Peachy
Peachy

https://kazumijade.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Frosty Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:04 pm

Don't be grateful yet, Peachy. You don't know what my orders are yet Razz
Frosty
Frosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuda51 Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:54 pm

(Fun things to note! There are distinct differences in the year where these events take place, so Peachy probably doesn't have to worry about Ghost snooping around.

Or does she?)

Chapter 2
The CF Dream

Location Unknown
Year Unknown

What's the deal with the fascination on right versus wrong? Hmm. I mean, you're stuck here with me, so no harm in answering the question. Hell, the longer you talk, the less likely I am to execute. You see, I tend to view Right and Wrong as simple ideas, not a thing you can actually strive for achieving. Sure, something might be 'Right' for you, but think about the number of people you've wronged in that case.

It was 'right' to test out your experiments. And I very much feel as though I have been 'wronged' in that regard.

Me? I've always strived to hold that middle ground. Its far easier to deal with the questions of 'am I getting paid' and 'does this follow my personal code' than 'if I do this, how likely is it that someone's going to try to go at me for war crimes'. It's an easy system. You give me a job, and I will take care of it so long as it meets my requirements. No need for right and wrong, for I am the judge, the jury, and the executioner.

3 Days after the Train Incident

Saving the Council was ultimately a fun experience overall. The aftermath was, as per usual, a drag that happened. Each member of the council had their own way of paying.

True to form, Triple had sent over an itemized list with the various 'fees' and 'tariffs' that were to be imposed on my Family for having done this job. Damages to the train line, personal injury fee, clean up operations, etc. A nice and long itemized list that was appended at the bottom with a clearly regretful '100% discount for saving our asses' line. Thanks.

Next of course was the actual payment. A rather nice chunk of change that paid for Kazu's medical bills, poor guy was going to be out of action for a couple of weeks. That's rather tough when it comes to mercenary work. It was dated and stamped with Regi's insignia, a notice that would be tossed into the coffers with ease.

The great Crimson General known as Tommy tended to handle his rewards a little different. A slight upgrade in what I could order from the CF army's R&D departments. Kept it simple this time, got resupplied on what was lost in the initial assault, along with a couple of extra sights for the weapon. Damned bastard still wouldn't let me at one of his suits.

Peachy, true to her nature, offered a free trip for one of the sporting events in the city. I'll be honest, I never much cared for the team sports. Hey, lets take this object and put it through a thing for points. Lets play a game of points. Doesn't jive with me. Now, free tickets for the group to see the next fight in boxing arenas? Now that's something I could get behind. VIP Seats~

Neni offered another reading. Out of all the fake seers and dime a dozen scam artists in the city, Neni had true sight of the fates. Interpreted by the cards at all times. The message from her was clear. 'Maybe this time they'll be different.'

It never was.

As per usual, we celebrated with a grand time in the city. Recovery from the UDF attack was still underway, but we were enjoying the night life. Drinks were shared aplenty, beverages that were designed to help ease the mind through the day. Food that made sure to fill bellies in equal measures. All in all, it was a good times. Have to keep the men happy after a successful op.

We left in the middle of the night, our vehicles kicking to life and roaring triumphantly as we moved back to the Manor. The Family is my little pet project. A collection of people who I can trust, a group of fun having mercs who know how to throw the spanner in the works. We don't hold a direct allegiance to any particular cause, save for coin.

But we run a tight ship, with a few hard and fast rules. We are always to act as a balancing force in a conflict. My ass isn't going in there to plop into the enemy base's HQ, fighting through their entire force to pop a shot into their leader. Saving you from capture is an easy enough job and it works. Providing defense for an area? You've got it. Recovery tools, the shield, not the piercing sword.

We also have to agree on our ops before we execute. If my group doesn't want to do it, we aren't doing it, money be damned. Makes for an effectively loyal group to me, and makes for an effective fighting force for this never ending conflict. The UDF and CF factions have been at each others throats for years now. It was a conflict that felt like it would span ages.

But of course, I didn't need to worry about that. We were living, as they call it, The CF Dream. Good money, good friends, a good life.

What could go wrong?

2 Hours after Laboratory Escape

Trying to deal with things one-armed is a little bit difficult. Behind me was a trail of bodies. Ahead of me was the unknown. I was damaged and hurt, and the world already seemed so uncaring. I had cleared the base fairly effectively. Information was locked down, apparantly stored off site. Now way to access it. There was signs that communications were sent out, so I was working off of borrowed time at the moment.

It took me a moment to get some gear on. There was a jacket and pants, simple day to day clothes that were able to be worn. Black pants, white shirt, blue jacket. Hmm, decent enough. Only problem was the lack of the arm as well, but eh. The main problem was my lack of weapons. This would be a hell of a problem.

I moved to the main entrance, slamming my fist against the button for the way out. The door behind me closed with a terrible hiss. A message played over the intercom. 'The United Defense League would like to thank you for another productive day of work!'

...United Defense League...?

I didn't have time to think on how wrong that sounded. As soon as the door in front of me opened, something lashed out. I barely had the time to get out of the way before a knife embedded itself in the wall behind me.

"Damn! You are fast for dead man walking." A man in a pure black suit stood before me at the entrance, another knife chucked my way. I moved past it, now having to actually be a bit on the defensive. Thankfully, idiot managed to fix one of the problems I had. I reached back, grabbing one of the knives, twirling it around as I looked at my foe. Heavy set, quick with a knife...a challenge, finally.

"You call this a welcoming committee? Where's the rest of your people, scum?" I lunged forth, aiming to take a few slashes at him. He parried and countered with ease, a master at home with his great tool. Stab, parry, riposte. A direct hit against my shoulder, the plunging of cold metal to reveal bright crimson. I staggered back, just staring at him for a moment. He laughed. "I thought you some kinda tough guy! You not tough, just leetle baby." The accent was starting to grate on my nerves.

Once more, I went in for the assault, and it was a quick and brutal display. Slash. Block. Stab. Parry. Riposte. A slam of the blade right into the stump that used to hold my right arm. A kick of the foot. Disarmed. No weapons, now standing before an angry looking man with a knife. "Was waking up rough? No skill! No discipline! Come, now you fight like man!"

...Well, if he was going to ask for it, I was going to deliver. Always a fan of fighting just a little dirty, and his bit of monologing provided an opening. I gave him a swift kick to the family jewels. Distraction. I moved forth, ripping the knife from his hands. Disarmed. Another kick to push him down to the ground. A sudden wave of my hand, and a green flash emerged, a sword moving to strike him through the heart...

What...?!

I pulled back, utterly stunned. The sword was gone, but the damage was done. The man was dead before me. I took a few steps back, looking down at my hand. A single card was within it, written with a language that felt long forgotten to me, but one that I could still recognize pieces of. The card disappeared in a blink of an eye.

But I did recognize it...

Why did I have Neni's cards?

Location Unknown
15 minutes later

The man in the gray suit picked up his phone again. "Yes? How can I...What...HE WHAT?!" The table in front of the man was flipped as he went into a bit of rage. That was to be expected when the news of the lack of life signs came into play. "SEND EVERYONE. FIND THIS DAMNED BASTARD AND BRING HIM BACK IN BEFORE I LOSE MY SHIT, NOW!"

To Be Continued...
Shuda51
Shuda51

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum