Case Files Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Room 2: Return of Jafar

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Room 2: Return of Jafar Empty The Room 2: Return of Jafar

Post by Frosty Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:46 pm

It is the anniversary of Johnny's death 7 years ago, a tragic death where a young(?) man(?) in a confusing set of events took his own life because his beloved Lisa cheated on him with his best friend Mark. It was a tale of deception, of love, belly-button sex, of conflict and mostly importantly, a tale of American Football. But if you thought the story ended there...oh how wrong you are, how wrong you are indeed. For Johnny's spirit lives on and he wants revenge. Revenge on Lisa, revenge on Mark, revenge on Peter the Psychologist for always playing psychologist and revenge on Me Underwears for killing his parents. You should have read the manga.

7 years is a long time in the City of San Francisco, but even in that time much remains the same. The roofs of apartment buildings are even all still green screened.

The original cast, including any and all obscure characters are up for grabs. If all characters are somehow taken, I will allow for random people to appear in the story. You may also included random NPCs for small roles if you need someone who wasn't in the film, like a police officer or something.

Aside from that, the only rule is that you cannot play a character that someone else is already playing and you may only play 1 character for now. I may increase that later if need be. Also, as much as this is a joke, the usual RP rules about powergaming and what not apply here!

Cast:

Ghost as Johnny's ghost
Giggles as Chris R and Denny
Nenilein as Lisa
Any as Steven
Regiwi as Mark

Last edited by Ghost on Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:19 am; edited 4 times in total
Frosty
Frosty

Back to top Go down

The Room 2: Return of Jafar Empty Re: The Room 2: Return of Jafar

Post by Giggles Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:48 pm

Dibs on [[Chris R]]
Giggles
Giggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:48 pm

((I am Lisa, because I am only in it for the money. I love Mark, by the way, get out, Johnny.))
Nenilein
Nenilein
Admin

http://nenilein.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Any1 Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:20 am

[[I'll be Steven. It's this guy for reference: The Room 2: Return of Jafar Large_image]]
Any1
Any1
The Ultimate Final Poster
The Ultimate Final Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:39 am

The Room 2: Return of Jafar Car10
((Mark has been keeping his head down doing the job he loves, driving around in sunglasses. Things have never looked better for him, but he has to remember, people are strange these days.))
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:51 am

((Where is Danny? Is he doing drugs again?))
Nenilein
Nenilein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggles Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:02 pm

((I can also take Denny but I figured that wouldn't be ok))
Giggles
Giggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:40 am

((Make it okay. This needs to be a thing already.))
Nenilein
Nenilein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Frosty Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:18 am

((Yeah, I'll have to. Since you play a character who appears once and only has one line repeated ad nauseum, I'll make an exception so we can get things moving.))
Frosty
Frosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggles Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:24 pm

The Room 2: Return of Jafar Dennyc10

((I just like to watch you, Ghost))
Giggles
Giggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:19 am

((When do I finally get my hands on Johnny's money? I mean, I AM his former future wife, right?))
Nenilein
Nenilein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggles Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:21 am

((The real rp is the friends we made along the way))
Giggles
Giggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Frosty Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:03 am

It is 20XX, 7 Years after the death of Johnny. For years those who wronged him, those who were responsible for his death lived their lives peacefully (or not so) in ignorance, believing he was gone. They believed that he could not unleash his fury, his wrath on them. Oh how wrong they were...how wrong indeed. For tonight, Johnny would return.

---

Midnight, Abandoned Taco Bell

At this hallowed hour under the watchful gaze of a full moon was the annual meeting of the Dark Council of Disgraced Film Directors. This twisted group of misanthropes, cutthroats and all round terrible film makers were gathered in a different corners of a pentagram sketched in the blood of orphaned child actors around their most sacred artifact. Some called it the most horrible movie other created, but this cult viewed it in a much different light; to them it was the most precious relic in the world. A VHS copy of The Room. This film, a documentary created by Johnny's half-brother Tommy Wiseau about his brother's suicide, would be the catalyst to allow their God to return to this mortal plain.

Stepping forward, the lead cultist lowered his hood to reveal the face of Spike Lee and began chanting in a twisted, daemonic language.

"Koi ga umareru kimi no naka de." Spike Lee began in a low, barely audible tone. Yet a small tremor that could be felt across San Francisco came from these words and High Priest Spike Lee continued.

"Koi wo shiyou yo kisu suru mae ni
Koi wo shiyou yo me wo mitsumete
Koi wo dakishimete...."

The trembling grew more and more intense, even the sleepy folks of San Francisco would be waking now in fear of an earthquake.

"Te wo tsunagou machi no shigunaru
Kawaru shunkan yuuki wo dashitara

Koi wo shiyou yo kisu suru mae ni
Koi wo shiyou yo mou hanasanai
Itsumo no sora ga mabushiku naru ne
Dokidoki no mune hora kikoeru
Kaze ga hashiridasu!"

The chanting grew louder, louder and all the cultists in the room began to chant along with their High Priest as a bolt of lightning struck the VHS copy of The Room and a blue, transparent spirit began to rise from it. At this point, the tremors had developed into a full blown earthquake and the lightning storms were continuing, knocking out all power in the city.

"Oh hai cult." A friendly voice came from the ghost, but his cultists only trembled and cowered before their God who seemed to be drawing life from these men, one by one collapsing until nothing was left. Not even bones. By now the tremors and lightning storm had ceased.

"You...killed them!" Spike cried out.

"You liar! I did not kill them, I did not, is bullshit!" Johnny protested, shooting lightning from his fingertips at Spike Lee, killing him instantly. What had he done? What was this power he now had? He reached forward to check the body, but his hands could not grasp it and went straight through. He was...a ghost? A ghost? He thought to himself. That meant that he had unfinished business on this mortal plane, he needed to get his revenge on Mark and Lisa for what they had done to him.

But first he needed a body.

----

What are your characters doing at this time and how do they respond to the freak weather event that just occured?
Frosty
Frosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:36 am

Somewhere in Stockfrancisco, a jaw-droppingly beautiful blonde woman sits in her chair, looking at the window. Upon seeing the walls shake and lightning strike the same tree five times outside, her eyebrows pulled into the evilest scowl a beautiful creature such as her could muster without having to actually get invested in the script of this story. 

The Room 2: Return of Jafar Hqdefault

"Ugh. This weather is so... boring. I don't think I love it anymore. In fact, I don't even like it."

Lisa continued to scowl at the window.

"I bet this weather is what gave Mom cancer. Then took it away again. Then gave it to her again."

That profound line of thought on her mind, Lisa observed the lightning outside, swaying as her expensive sofa and spoon-collection shook with the earthquakes and wondering when the check with her inheritance from that gross corpse Johnny would finally come in. She was his future-wife, after all.

Last edited by Nenilein on Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Nenilein
Nenilein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggles Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:41 am

Denny was leaning up against the wall of an old, abandoned alley in San Francisco. THE alley, the one where he used to spend his days with... Him. The seven years had not been kind to poor Denny. He had gotten out of drugs, but only because of the terrible wake-up call of his adoptive Dad-Uncle-Brother's death. He tossed a sacred football into the air and caught it just as the earthquake began. He stumbled around and fell on his face, only managing to regain his balance when the power went out.

Denny let out a long, weary sigh and began to grope in the dark for a wall to lean on.

The Room 2: Return of Jafar Oldden10

"This day couldn't get any worse, could it...?"

---------------

In another part of town, a lonely, reformed man was watching Jeopardy! on the telly. He calmly, and rationally, shared his thoughts about what the answer should be.

The Room 2: Return of Jafar Chrisr10

"Mr. Trebek, that contestant's answer should have counted! But that's why I'm not the judge, I guess..."

Christopher R sighed and shook his head with a short laugh. Ever since he got out of prison on parole (for good behavior), he had been a model citizen, and even reconnected with his mother. When the storm and earthquake hit, he ducked and covered under his folding table in the dining area of his studio apartment, just in case.

"Goodness, a storm... I hope everyone's ok..."
Giggles
Giggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:51 am

((IMPORTANT CHARACTER NOTE: I am considering the canon of the game as applicable regarding background details for Mark and locations. The movie is the bible of course and supersedes any other material, however the ramifications of the videogame I feel also merit exploration when considering the character of Mark. If this at all interrupts the narrative flow of this roleplaying experience then I will reconsider this choice, as such I leave this in the hands of our master scriptwriter Ghost regarding the canonicity of such material. Thank you.))

*Mark was sitting on the rooftop, thinking about the events of the past. It was strange, he was happily sleeping in his love Jacuzzi just earlier but something started popping into his mind. His best friend. He couldn't believe his best friend was dead even now. Johnny had been the pin who held his group of friends together. How could Lisa have done this to him? Just then, an earthquake started.*
The Room 2: Return of Jafar 3cUDZ3v
Woah!

*He clumsily gets up off of his chair and stumbles awkwardly towards the edge of the roof, definitely not brushing against the green screen or anything like that. He had a flashback of a prior experience he'd had with the edge of the rooftop years ago.*
The Room 2: Return of Jafar GgbTWkM
Hey, what's happening here?

*Gradually, the earthquake ceased. Mark pulled himself away from the edge, unsure if he was high or something.*
The Room 2: Return of Jafar URUgPRR
I almost dropped off the earth...

*He then stands awkwardly for a while in silence before going back to his chair as if nothing had happened. Back to thinking. How he missed Johnny to ask him how he was doing...*
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:55 am

"I am so bored." Lisa declared to herself, as the Earthquake was still going. She picked up her flip-phone, which clearly was not just a plastic toy prop, and started talking into it without any wait time of properly dialing anything. 

"Hey, Mark. Come over, please. I need you. You're the most important thing in my life. I have wine and stairs and everything."
Nenilein
Nenilein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Frosty Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:06 am

"Ahaha." A laugh came from behind Denny, a rather familiar and rather unconvincing one at that. A laugh that sounded like the person who made that sound had only read a book about laughing once without ever hearing the sound of it.

The mysterious being reached down to pick up the ball, frowning as his hand once more went straight through it. Then suddenly he projected his image inside the ball and shot towards Denny. "Catch me if you can, Denny!" The voice from the ball cried out playfully. Johnny was not here in this precious alley for vengeance for Denny had not wronged him. No longer a boy, he was a loyal comrade who could aid him in his quest of getting a new body and taking revenge on the ones who had killed him.
Frosty
Frosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:16 am

Nenilein wrote:"Hey, Mark. Come over, please. I need you. You're the most important thing in my life. I have wine and stairs and everything."
*Mark was now in his car, he was busy doing his job which required his car, thus he was sat in his car, parked somewhere. Suddenly his phone rang.*
The Room 2: Return of Jafar 7Cm7Dh6
Ooh, hey how are you doing? Yeah I'm very busy what's going on?
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:19 am

Lisa did not feel motivated to read the script to take a look at what her next lines were supposed to be, so she just groaned and repeated:

"Come over, please. I need you. You're the most important thing in my life. I have wine and stairs and everything."
Nenilein
Nenilein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggles Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:19 am

Denny tried his best to catch the Johnny Football. That's a good American joke, Ghost.

"J- Johnny? Is that you? Is that really you? Or is this another one of those weird dreams where I'm going to turn into a pizza man with no legs...?"
Giggles
Giggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:26 am

*Mark was very busy, but Lisa was very insistent. She probably had a lot on her mind, after all she was Johnny's future wife, she must be feeling pretty upset still just like Mark, his best friend was.*
Okay, alright how about noon?
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:29 am

"I need you now," says Lisa, before hanging up. 

Then she goes to change into her dress. You know. The red one.
Nenilein
Nenilein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Frosty Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:45 am

"What a story, Denny!" He laughed at his friend's account of his strange dream. "Anyway, how is your sex life?" Johnny asked the next most logical question. As much as he wanted to get started on his revenge, he wanted to catch up with the one person he cared about.
Frosty
Frosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:47 am

Nenilein wrote:"I need you now," says Lisa, before hanging up. 

Then she goes to change into her dress. You know. The red one.
Okay, what do you want to talk about?

*Mark realised the phone had been hung up on him. Lisa must be really upset. As Johnny's best friend in the past Mark figured he should go and see she's ok. It's what Johnny would have wanted. He puts his phone away.*
The Room 2: Return of Jafar 33MSnuR
Alright cya.

*He then drives off towards Lisa's place, driving around the fallen trees and other uninteresting things that have resulted from the earlier earthquake. He was very busy, but work would probably be fine if he just went off to see Lisa. I mean, it's not like he could remember who it was he actually worked for, or what he did or anything. He's making some good money afterall, he might even move to a bigger place soon, granted he's been saying that for 7 years now.*
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum