Questing

Go down

Questing

Post by General Tommy on Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:11 am

This thread will be the general-purpose thread for anything not taking place in the hub locations. For any who leave Terra Hope or the Villains' Hideout, this is the thread they go to, no matter what world they end up on. Where you will end up is not a guarantee, but the quest to find Laplace must continue.

Prior events that have happened here include Towa and Mira "recruiting" Ken into the Time Breakers, as well as Towa and Mira preparing the next stage of their plan.
General Tommy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Questing

Post by Nenilein on Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:42 am

"Here it is. The ideal spot to apply the device bestowed to me! Soon, my empire will begin anew!"

"You mean the empire of the people controlling you."

"...!"

Well, someone didn't like that.

*Bam!* Ken kicks Wormon.

"...Ungh-!"

Ouch. Maybe he would need to shut his mouth. But it just hurt so much, to see poor Ken like this. He was probably suffering much worse than Wormon on the inside...

"Hang in there, Ken-chan... I'll fix this..."

...Somehow.

Admin

View user profile http://nenilein.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by General Tommy on Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:13 am

Ken held the Time Pass in his hands. By activating it, he can travel through time, and thanks to the Paradox, can arrive on any world he desires. Where will Ken decide to go for his mission?
General Tommy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein on Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:35 am

Now, let's see? What poor, hapless world can the great Digimon Emperor subjugate to his rule?

Neni is feeling very creative today, so she decides on the post-apocalyptic Earth from Gurren Lagann, past the defeat of Lord Genome. 

Could somebody who knows the series please provide me a Team Dai-Gurren to infiltrate?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorgutz on Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:51 am

across the seemingly endless miles of dirt and rock, there was a shadow, that was growing larger every second. Eventually, the shadow pass over Ken, revealing itself as a plane...with arms...and legs..

the object seemed to have spotted him, and circled around several times, descending with each pass, before landing a few feet away from him. a part of the machine opened up, and out of it climbed a person.

the person was...well, he wasn't the most impressive specimen around, but compared to the child, he was certainly something. with a grimy five o'clock shadow, dark skin, and spiky black hair, the man approached in a wife beater and black pants

"What the hell? What's a kid doing out here all by himself?...and What the hell is that ugly thing behind you? i've never seen a bug that big before" he said, looking over both the child and the creature
Gorgutz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:25 am

Though he knew it was unnecessary, Wormon felt compelled to move to protect Ken. It was his most basic instinct in a way. And so he did, placing himself in front of the boy, between him and the man.

"D-Don't hurt Ken-chan...!" he stuttered, knowing full well that these people probably weren't hostile, but what he was wrong about that? He had to make sure... Even if he could do absolutely nothing, stuck in his current form like that, and even if Ken wasn't himself. Right now it was so tempting to just try and forget that...

"..."

Ken had taken off that silly outfit when they came here and lied down in the sand. As if he was waiting for these guys to show up. In retrospect, it was quite easy to see what he was doing.

"W-Water..." the boy coughed, sounding more like his sweet, usual self...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorgutz on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:50 am

well... this was fascinating

the worm was talking to him... but there were more pressing concerns
"Hold on, I've got some water on me" He says, taking out a canteen, un-screwing the top, and holding it over Ken, letting the water slowly trickle into his mouth, holding his head up to keep him from choking

"Easy there... you're gonna be alright... hell, you're gonna be better than alright, now" He says with a big smile on his face, before turning his attention over to wormmon,"And you...you talked to me... but you certainly aren't a beastman... way too much 'beast', not enough 'man'... who the hell are you guys?" he asked, assuming that he wasn't going crazy and heard him talk
Gorgutz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:21 am

"Hold on, I've got some water on me" He says, taking out a canteen, un-screwing the top, and holding it over Ken, letting the water slowly trickle into his mouth, holding his head up to keep him from choking

Ken drank the water in irregular, but deep gulps, seeming very relieved with every bit he swallowed.

"T-Thank you..." He said. "Thank you so much."

"And you...you talked to me... but you certainly aren't a beastman... way too much 'beast', not enough 'man'... who the hell are you guys?" he asked, assuming that he wasn't going crazy and heard him talk

"Um, well...--"

Wormon was going to say something, but before he could, he felt something that caused him to clench his mandibles. Ken had subtly pinched him in the hind-legs. Before their 'rescuerer' could even notice that, however, the boy had started talking again.

"Wormon is my friend... I've had him since he was just an egg," Ken said.

It wasn't even technically a lie, and sounded sincere enough to probably make that overly sentimental Wormon of his feel touched enough to refrain from interfering for a while. Two birds with one stone.

"We... We came from a hole, far away from here. There was a earthquake...and everything was starting to cave in. We heard that there was a surface, so we climbed trying to get away. I think we're the only ones who got out, but... It's been nothing but this wasteland ever since. I... I was starting to think there weren't any people out here! T-that we were going to...!"

Ken made the most frightened and traumatized face he could muster (which incidentally comes very natural to him). He'd studied up on the culture and situation of his world before coming here, of course. There was no way his story wouldn't win those peoples' trust no way.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorgutz on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:22 am

nodding, the man stood up, helping Ken to his feet,"Sorry to hear about that. we've all lost people to cave ins, or worse" He says sympathetically. it seems, however this guy was, he wasn't particularly observant. "Well, heard of some weird things living underground with us... but hey, you don't have to worry about that anymore... we won... the Beastmen rule over the surface is ended. now we get the surface to ourselves" He says with a grin

"My name's john. I got enough room in my gunmen to fit you and...wormon, was it? Well, I got enough room to fit you two in there, so I can take you back to camp" He says, keeping ken steady on his feet, slowly guiding him to the Gunmen
Gorgutz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein on Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:18 am

Gorgutz wrote:nodding, the man stood up, helping Ken to his feet,"Sorry to hear about that. we've all lost people to cave ins, or worse" He says sympathetically. it seems, however this guy was, he wasn't particularly observant. "Well, heard of some weird things living underground with us... but hey, you don't have to worry about that anymore... we won... the Beastmen rule over the surface is ended. now we get the surface to ourselves" He says with a grin

"My name's john. I got enough room in my gunmen to fit you and...wormon, was it? Well, I got enough room to fit you two in there, so I can take you back to camp" He says, keeping ken steady on his feet, slowly guiding him to the Gunmen

Upon seeing the large, mechanical beast, Ken faked surprise and showed genuine awe.

"Whoa! Y-You ride on these?"

The wrong preposition was intentional. Must sound convincing.

Wormon, meanwhile, had no idea what was going on. Why Ken was acting like he was normal again, even though he clearly wasn't, or where they were.

"Huh...! It looks like a strong Digimon, but... It's not alive, is it? It feels more like it's an empty machine... Oh, I get it! These people built a monster to fight!"

That made sense. If machines did the fighting, nobody had to really get hurt. That was a much better way to do it, Wormon felt.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorgutz on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:49 pm

John had to keep his incredulous to look to himself. He had to remember that everyone was like this kid at one point or another. Heck, one member of team dai-gurren claims that his village worshiped a Gunmen as a god of all things

"Close, but no cigar, kiddo. we ride in them." He explained, gesturing to the open cockpit, before looking at 'wormon',"No idea what a digimon is, but like your friend, you're half right. Piloting a Gunmen is much less dangerous than fighting man-to-man... but you get caught in a Gunmen that's gonna explode, you're doomed either way" He explains, helping ken into the Gunmen,"You two are small enough to fit in with me in my bird... i'll take you back to camp, so we can get you some food, and let you see something really special" He said with an innocent grin
Gorgutz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein on Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:37 am

At the mention of Digimon, Ken had pinched Wormon into one of his hindlegs again. The little guy withheld a pained shriek for a moment. He didn't even know what he did wrong! If only Ken had bothered to tell him what all of this was about in advance. But well, as it was, he could only sigh. Oh well, at least this way he could be sure that Ken still wasn't back to normal after all. Only the 'bad' Ken would be this unreasonably mean to him. Honestly, Wormon didn't mind the pain. He was used to it (as bad as that may sound). He was much more worried about how Ken would be feeling once this was all over. He had to be strong, for his partner too.

"Food! Oh, that sounds great! Thank you so much! I'm so glad there really were people out here!"

Carrying Wormon in his arms, Ken climbed into the Gunmen.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorgutz on Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:51 am

helping Ken into the Gunmen, then getting in himself, John began the start up procedure.

the machine barely made any noise when it lifted off, and took off like a bullet,"Don't you worry. Now that the surface is ours, we got more than enough room to plant crops and raise livestock. hell, my village is having a celebration tonight" He says, keeping an eye on the seemingly endless landscape

"So... what are these 'Digimon' things, anyway? something from your village?" He asks, keeping the Gunmen at a steady pace,"We got time to talk, won't be home for another few minutes"
Gorgutz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein on Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:00 am

"Don't you worry. Now that the surface is ours, we got more than enough room to plant crops and raise livestock. hell, my village is having a celebration tonight"

"Whoaaaa...! The surface is really wide!" Ken marveled at the landscape visible from the monitors. "I'd never imagined that before...! And that's really all ours now? That seems so weird..."

"So... what are these 'Digimon' things, anyway? something from your village?" 

"Ah, that...That's what we called things like Wormon back where I'm from!" Ken said. Yet another time he got through without a lie. Somehow, it felt satisfactory to be able to lead conversation this way. "I guess it's not a widely-used term out here...? I wouldn't know."

Of course, that was a lie again, and he pinched Wormon's stubby leg again to signal to the little guy that he better not say anything else suspicious now. 

"If I had to define it, I'd say... They're something that's not human, but can talk like humans and has special abilities most humans or animals don't have."

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorgutz on Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:08 am

nodding, John has to smile a bit,"Yeah... main reason I took a flyer... nothing beats seeing the surface below fly by like that...er, no pun intended" He says with a goofy smile

looking over at wormon, he quirks an eyebrow,"Yeah...bit of an unused term. until you and wormy here, I've literally never heard that word before... but hey, everyone's got their own words and such" He says with a shrug,"That makes them sound almost like the beastmen... but this guy seems a bit too nice to be one of 'em... also a bit too small" He comments,"So, guessing Wormy here can make pretty strong silk, or something like that?" He asks, curiously looking over the tiny 'digimon'
Gorgutz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein on Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:52 am

"Yeah! Flying sure beats walking..."

And, again he was honest about that. After all, he'd flown before plenty. Mostly riding on Stingmon...

Thankfully, Wormon was aware enough of the situation by now to avoid mentioning that detail. That didn't make it any less insulting when the stranger questioned his abilities, though.

"So, guessing Wormy here can make pretty strong silk, or something like that?" He asks, curiously looking over the tiny 'digimon'

"I can do much, much more than that!" Wormon fiercely insisted. The nickname he'd earned himself from the stranger didn't bother him at all- he liked being cute - but being underestimated was another thing entirely! He was about to start ranting about all the many different ways he could make himself useful in a fight, when, again, he felt his hindlegs being pinched. Then, a hand on his head, stroking him gently. Ken was laughing.

"Ha ha, don't take the little guy too seriously. He has a bit of an attitude, you know. But you're right! His silk is pretty durable. That's what we used to get during the cave-in... And generally, he's an all-around useful guy. I wouldn't be where I'm now if it weren't for him."

"Ken-chan..."

Maybe Wormon was just imagining it, but... He felt a lot of sincerity behind those last few words. As if it were the real Ken saying them. Or maybe that's just what he hoped...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorgutz on Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:30 am

John smiled,"Sure does. that wide open landscape never gets tiring to look at." He says, before looking over at wormon, laughing,"Alright, alright, you can do lots of useful stuff" He says with a hearty laugh

noticing Ken's tone of voice, along with Wormon's response, he chuckled a bit,"You guys really care about each other, don't you? Guessing you guys have known each other for a while... I like that... always good to see a friendship like that" He says, lightly tousling ken's hair, before turning his attention to the area ahead of him

"Ah, we're here. hope you guys aren't shy, because we've got a lot of people at our camp"
Gorgutz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein on Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:06 pm

"H-Hey...!"

Ken shies away from the stranger's hand. How dare him touch him like that---!

On the other hand, Wormon appeared to be enjoying himself. He was laughing.

"You're right! I've known Ken-chan for a long, long time..." Wormon put a lot of emphasis on what he said next.

"Ken-chan is a special boy, you know. There's noone in the whole, wide world who's as clever, gentle and kind as him."

"That's why, no matter what happens to him, I'll be always there to protect and to save him. And I hope he knows that too."

Wormon may be pretending to speak to John, but his eyes were focused on Ken.

"..."

Ken said nothing to that. It was almost as if his mind had trouble processing the Digimon's declaration of loyalty in his current state. If anything, he felt a little... freaked out. Wormon's intensity caused a disconnect within him that felt downright uncomfortable.

Meanwhile just ahead of them, on top of the roof of a building inmidst the camp built on the ruins of Teppelin, a girl stood, wide-eyed, observing the approaching machine cast its shadow over the growing settlement.

"Ohh....!"

Yes, this is Nia Teppelin, daughter of the fallen tyrant, Lordgenome. Don't ask why her hair's long again, let's just assume a few months have passed and also I like it that way, okay?

In any case, Nia's hair, which is friggin' beautiful, gracefully swayed in the winds kicked up by the winged machine coming closer and closer. 

"Simon! Simon, look! One of the scouts has returned!" She stated to the boy down on the ground with a strange sense of pride. "Do they bring news of yet more discovered human settlements, I wonder?"

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorgutz on Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:25 am

John just had to laugh, taking his hand away,"Sorry, there. Didn't realize you had a touching thing" He says rather quickly, his smile only widening at Wormmon's declaration,"Yeah, you seem like a good kid, Ken. though, if you're talking kindness, you're gonna have some stiff competition here" He says, landing in the indicated zone, and then noticing the excited young girl

"Well, speak of the devil" He says, opening his Gunmen cockpit, and jumping out,"Sorry, Nia. No new settlements, but I did find a couple of...interesting people out in the deserts" He informs her, before turning around and opening his arms, offering to help Ken and Wormmon out of the Gunmen
Gorgutz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein on Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:32 am

"Kindness...?"

Of course, the man couldn't be talking of his crest. That would be ridiculous. It stood to reckon he was refering to a person. Well, if so, he'd learn soon enough.

The cockpit opened, and as soon as they left, they could see two children - well, teenagers, roughly the same age as Ken himself - skipping towards the Gunmen.

"Oh! New people!"

The girl with the shining eyes and fluffy hair clapped her hands together. She seemed ecstatic.

"Thank you so much for your hard work every single time, Mr. John!" She said, bowing a little, before turning to the boy who came from the cockpit alongside the man.

"And welcome to you, new person! Welcome to this home of ours!!"

Nia smiled brightly.

"Oh... There is a small animal with you as well! How adorable! Oh, I should have introduced myself first, of course! I am Nia, and I am very glad to meet you!"

"...?"

Ken initially backed away a little at Nia's overdone greeting. He raised a brow. 

(Huh? W-What is this girl...? She speaks or looks nothing like the other two...)

In fact, the girl before Ken was in a way almost otherworldly... He could say without doubt that he'd never seen someone quite like this before. Hikari Yagami came close, but... It still was no comparison. What a weird person.

Oh well. This wasn't his focus right now. Besides, all this thinking probably made it seem like he was spacing out. It would be better to go with the flow of the conversation. 

"Um...Yes. It's nice to meet you too. My name is Ken..."

"I'm Wormon!"

"Huh? Why, the small animal talks!" 

Nia opened her eyes wide and looked on close on the little creature.

"How curious! Boota can't do that!"

From somewhere in Simon's pockets, one could hear an unhappy pigmole-squeal, one which sounded downright jealous in a way. The little Boota popped out of his hiding place almost immediately to lay eyes on this apparent usurper of his mascot status. Sunglassed mole-eyes glared at small insect eyes.

"...?"

An utter lack of understanding of the gesture. Well, no wonder. Nobody had exactly ever envied poor little Wormon before.

Of course, the odd tension between the two small creatures didn't remain for long, as Simon was quick to hush Boota not to be rude, and focus on what was going on himself. 

"Heheh... Nia..." 

Simon seemed a little flustered in the face of his de-facto girlfriend's stream of words. 

(She's going way too fast. They're probably totally overwhelmed... Oh boy...)

"Um... Sorry, if it's all a little much at once. But I promise, things are gonna be fine now. This is a safe heaven for people, you know."

Simon offered Ken his hand. The other boy quickly accepted and shook.

"Alright, so... you already know Nia now. And I'm Simon. The Leader of Team Gurren. We're the ones who're making sure the surface is safe for people to live on now. This here is our new village above ground... Well, it doesn't really have a name yet, but we'll find something to call it eventually."

"You seem to have it nice here, " Ken nodded. "It's good to know there really were people living up here after all... I'm really lucky to have found you. Of course, I must thank John here, too. And thank you all for the warm welcome."

"Heh, well, we all had to work pretty hard to secure this place for ourselves. But that's a long story, and I'm sure someone's bound to tell you eventually. I mean people here can get kind of obsessed about it at times- Anyway, for now, just make yourself at home here. If you need any help, just feel free to ask."

"I shall prepare a welcome feast at once!"

"Whoa, really? That's an awesome idea, Nia! I can't wait!"

And Boota agrees by licking his lips.

Somebody save this evil emperor and his worm. They do not know what awaits them.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorgutz on Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:33 pm

at the mention of Nia preparing a feast, John's smile... well, it didn't disappear, per se, but it did become a great deal more forced,"That sounds...fine, Nia.. just let me get Ken and Wormy properly settled in to the camp, alright?" He asks, lightly gesturing to Ken to walk further into the camp, saying,"Come on, i'll show you around" He says

walking deeper into the camp, John leans in closer to ken and Wormmon,"Just a heads up: Unless you've got the toughest constitution in your village, you might want to avoid Nia's cooking...and even if that is the case, you might want to avoid it" He explains, before his smile returns in full force,"But enough about that, what do you wanna see first? Living quarters, the Gunmen, or do you just wanna hang around and shoot the breeze?" He asks, trying to minimize physical contact, having figured Ken does have some sort of touching thing
Gorgutz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein on Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:53 pm

Not hearing John's later comment, Nia and Simon skip off towards the camp kitchen to get to preparing a rich, nutritious meal - or, at least, what passes for one for them. 

Ken's raised eyebrow remained up. What strange, strange people...

"The 'Leader' of this place, huh..."

(He's just a kid... Not even a special one from the looks of it. Well, I guess it could be worse. At least he's not Motomiya... With that sort of bold lack of intellect, this whole operation would certainly be doomed. Tch...)

Keeping up his gentle demeanor, Ken nodded and followed the man into the camp. 

walking deeper into the camp, John leans in closer to ken and Wormmon,"Just a heads up: Unless you've got the toughest constitution in your village, you might want to avoid Nia's cooking...and even if that is the case, you might want to avoid it" He explains, before his smile returns in full force,

"Umm... Sure. If you say so."

Of course, Ken had no idea what the guy meant. Food is food, right? As long as that Nia girl could read enough to look into a cook book, there shouldn't be an issue, should there be?

However, in the distant, a faint scent of mismatched spices and burnt meat began to rise, not yet close enough for a human nose to pick it up, but enough for the sensitive tracheae of a certain insect to ring alarm. 

"....!?"

It was then that Ken felt the little creature vibrate in his arms for some reason.

"Hm? What are you shaking for like that?" asked Ken.

"L-Let's not have lunch today, Ken-chan," Wormmon  mumbled.

"...?"

"But enough about that, what do you wanna see first? Living quarters, the Gunmen, or do you just wanna hang around and shoot the breeze?" He asks, trying to minimize physical contact, having figured Ken does have some sort of touching thing

"Oh... I'm fine with whatever you think I should see! ...'Gunmen' sound impressive, though. That's what you call that thing you ride, right? Are there more of them here?"

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorgutz on Tue May 29, 2018 10:01 pm

John nodded, pointing over in the direction they were already heading,"Convenient, because I need to make sure the mechanics know my bird's here, so you can tag along and see the other gunmen while we're at it" he said, leading them on, giving them the occasional joke or anecdote about his own village before he went to the surface

"I mean, I never personally got to see the Spiral king. Was too busy making sure I didn't get shot down, and when I was shot down, was busy trying to make certain that I took as many beastmen down with me as I could. there's a certain point where you just gotta say 'if i'm going down, i'm going down fighting'. you know?" He asks, looking to ken, having finished saying what he was doing during the war against the beastmen (in a word? little) and just shrugging his shoulders

"And then I saw Simon, and I saw it on your face, too 'how's a kid that age our leader, and how are we still here?' well... something about that guy just... how to explain it...." John mutters a few things to himself, not sure how to start,"He tries so hard to do the right thing, that you want to go along with him. he's got this air about him that makes you feel involved. he never gives the impression of a 'working for leader, he's more of a working with leader, the kind of guy who isn't afraid to get his hands dirty with the rest of us... if you told me that a kid no older than 14 could do what every human on this earth thought was impossible in roughly a month's time, i'd have called you crazy.

"But Simon?...makes me feel crazy for doubting it."
Gorgutz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down