Case Files Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Larstern

+11
AmeftoWriter
Gorgutz
JoJoNor316
Peachy
Wolf
Reverie
MF217
Aliucon
General Tommy
Shuda51
Nenilein
15 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Larstern   - Page 4 Empty Re: Larstern

Post by Aliucon Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:04 pm

"..."

Sayaka seemingly followed the conversation, but her brow furrowed and her eyes didn't focus on any given thing for long. When Kyoko finished her narrative, there was still a bit of time where she just remained silenced. When she spoke, it was with a way less playful tone than before.

Larstern   - Page 4 Sayaka19_zps61b73b4b

"Y'know, I expected your story to be different, but... not THAT different. It's like a different universe: but it might have been after all, with that whole 'breaking reality' thing in the end. ... This would be totally unbelievable if I didn't know you're not the kind to joke about with this..."

She was silent for a bit more, then sighed and restarted. At least she didn't seem so bothered that she seemingly died in Kyoko's perception.

"I... guess I'll just say what happened to me, for now."

Larstern   - Page 4 Sayaka7_zpsfbbe48f5

"It was on a day me and Madoka were outside: I think she heard something and went to look at what it was. We saw this girl pursuing an animal relentlessly: It was Homura, and the 'animal' was Kyubey. You should know who that is, right? ... Anyway, Mami appeared back then to fend her off of us, but she also fought a Witch in the process. That's when Kyubey and Mami-san both told us about magical girls, and what they did. They didn't tell ALL that it meant, but..."

Sayaka looked away. She just realized that when Kyubey revealed that her soul was no longer in her body, she had never heard of it happening when you become a magical girl: not even from Mami. Did she die not knowing, or did she hide the fact, just like Kyubey?

That was stupid. Mami would not have deceived them on purpose... right? She couldn't doubt her now.

"... Anyway. Neither me nor Madoka became magical girls then. We thought about it, and Madoka seemed willing, but..." Her voice faltered, and she ran one hand across her face. The memories were so vivid that it made her whole body run cold. "Before any of us made the decision, Mami... she picked a fight she couldn't win. We were both there. But Homura... she saved us from it. But I never trusted her, and without Mami, the city... and Madoka... they could be in danger at any time. And... That's part of why I became a magical girl."

She took at deeper breath. Kyoko didn't say her wish here: so Sayaka wasn't going to say hers. She didn't feel like being punched right now.

Larstern   - Page 4 Sayaka6_zps28528232

"I never got that girl's deal! She never explained a single thing! But now I know why she would have something against Kyubey and with other girls becoming magical girls. It's a completely... different existance. But instead, the first person that made me realize this was you."

She shook her head, and if drooped in sadness.

Larstern   - Page 4 Sayaka4_zps704fc0dc

"... You are right. You told me about your past. You've gone through... a lot more than me. But I couldn't accept how selfish you seemed to be. How you were someone so different from the Mami I knew. So we fought a few times. If it makes you feel any better, I could never beat you. Different universes or not, I guess you were always strong. And when we did talk... That was really nice."

"But... that is all that I can tell you from before I found myself here."

She crossed her arms, and her face became a little bit more flexible with expressions.

Larstern   - Page 4 Sayaka34_zps441cd9fb

"I have no idea how it could have gotten to that. I still never knew Homura's endgame, but seems like I was right to not trust her. Madoka never became a magical girl that I remember... But the wish you mentioned she made is... It's something I can believe her doing."

She tried to laugh it off, but the only thing she managed was to supress a tear that had inexplicably formed in her eyes.

"Even when we didn't take the wishes so seriously... She was really selfless."
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:34 am

Sayaka wrote:"I... guess I'll just say what happened to me, for now."

Larstern   - Page 4 Sayaka7_zpsfbbe48f5

"It was on a day me and Madoka were outside: I think she heard something and went to look at what it was. We saw this girl pursuing an animal relentlessly: It was Homura, and the 'animal' was Kyubey. You should know who that is, right? ... Anyway, Mami appeared back then to fend her off of us, but she also fought a Witch in the process. That's when Kyubey and Mami-san both told us about magical girls, and what they did. They didn't tell ALL that it meant, but..."

Sayaka looked away. She just realized that when Kyubey revealed that her soul was no longer in her body, she had never heard of it happening when you become a magical girl: not even from Mami. Did she die not knowing, or did she hide the fact, just like Kyubey?

That was stupid. Mami would not have deceived them on purpose... right? She couldn't doubt her now.

Larstern   - Page 4 Tumbl122

"Hm... 'Witches'. That word again." Kyoko blinked a little bit. 

"You guys-- I mean, the version of you back before everything went weird... You told me about that. That they're something that happens instead of Wraiths when the Law of Cycle isn't around. The ultimate manifestation of a Magical Girl's despair, huh..." She looked around. "That's what you guys were up against..."

"... Anyway. Neither me nor Madoka became magical girls then. We thought about it, and Madoka seemed willing, but..." Her voice faltered, and she ran one hand across her face. The memories were so vivid that it made her whole body run cold. "Before any of us made the decision, Mami... she picked a fight she couldn't win. We were both there. But Homura... she saved us from it. But I never trusted her, and without Mami, the city... and Madoka... they could be in danger at any time. And... That's part of why I became a magical girl."

She took at deeper breath. Kyoko didn't say her wish here: so Sayaka wasn't going to say hers. She didn't feel like being punched right now.

Larstern   - Page 4 Tumblr90

"...Heh. That's so you."

Kyoko nudged Sayaka in the arm. 

"Always tryin' to play the hero, even when it means throwin' away all sense of reason. It's always the same with you. No wonder your wish was something stupid like--"

Larstern   - Page 4 Tumblr85

But Kyoko stopped herself- Right, this Sayaka was... Better not bring it up.

Plus, there was also...

"So... Instead of you, it's Mami then, huh? I guess that makes sense... She was always the self-sacrificial type too. Still, she was always so careful. It's kind of a shock to hear she woulda, well... y'know... before the both of us. Man, she's really the last person I'd have expected that of..."

Kyoko sighed. Well, it wasn't really 'her' Mami, was it? So, there was no use grieving... Even if the thought of Mami dying, dying much the same way as Sayaka had died, lied heavy in her stomach. 

Sayaka wrote:
Larstern   - Page 4 Sayaka6_zps28528232

"I never got that girl's deal! She never explained a single thing! But now I know why she would have something against Kyubey and with other girls becoming magical girls. It's a completely... different existance. But instead, the first person that made me realize this was you."

She shook her head, and if drooped in sadness.

Larstern   - Page 4 Sayaka4_zps704fc0dc

"... You are right. You told me about your past. You've gone through... a lot more than me. But I couldn't accept how selfish you seemed to be. How you were someone so different from the Mami I knew. So we fought a few times. If it makes you feel any better, I could never beat you. Different universes or not, I guess you were always strong. And when we did talk... That was really nice."

"But... that is all that I can tell you from before I found myself here."

Larstern   - Page 4 Tumbl179

"Really? You're worried about what it means to be a Magical Girl now? Geeze Louise, you really shoulda have thought that through before you made the contract! You're acting like Kyuubey didn't tell you about the whole deal beforehand!! ...Wait. He... did give you the deets, right? About the Soul Gem...?"

Suddenly, something occurred to Kyoko. Right, with what Sayaka - her Sayaka - had told them about those things called 'witches', nobody in their right mind would ever make a contract knowing their soul gem's at risk at turning into a creature like that, would they? So, could it be... Did Kyuubey not give them the whole story back in their timeline.

"Whoa... That sucks! You got totally duped...! That little shitstain!"

Okay, now this made Kyoko a little angry. Kyuubey went for someone as emotionally fragile as Sayaka, and didn't even tell her that that would mean for her body and soul? I mean, sure, it was Sayaka, she woulda made the contract anyway, but still, if there was even a tiny chance she would not have made it had she known, she might still be...! 

Kyoko curled her hands to fists briefly, before shaking her head. No, no, this wasn't the time to get angry. Not like Kyuubey didn't get his comeupance already. Homura sure showed him good, she saw it first hand. Anyway... moving on...

Larstern   - Page 4 Tumbl117

"So, what, you've only just really gotten to know me? Talk about convenient..."

Kyoko sighed. She didn't really find it all that convenient. Not for her. She'd much rather have a way to connect to Sayaka than feel like they were starting over from scratch again. Darn, why did this have to be so hard? Then again, this was another version of her... Should she treat her as another person? Or as just the same person, with a different set of memories? It was all so confusing. 

Sayaka wrote:

She crossed her arms, and her face became a little bit more flexible with expressions.

Larstern   - Page 4 Sayaka34_zps441cd9fb

"I have no idea how it could have gotten to that. I still never knew Homura's endgame, but seems like I was right to not trust her. Madoka never became a magical girl that I remember... But the wish you mentioned she made is... It's something I can believe her doing."

She tried to laugh it off, but the only thing she managed was to supress a tear that had inexplicably formed in her eyes.

"Even when we didn't take the wishes so seriously... She was really selfless."

Larstern   - Page 4 Tumbl181

"...Madoka, Madoka, Madoka... huh..."

Kyoko flips her hair at the sound of that. She seems a little miffed. Is she... jealous, perhaps.

"Honestly, I don't know much about that girl. Only what I saw in that fake world but that's it. She mostly hung 'round Homura there. I guess the two of you were tight? Oh well. Whatever. All I know is that she's the reason Homura's gone cray-cray on us several times in a row... Well, that and the fact that she's what protects us Magical Girls from falling into 'eternal despair'... But I guess if she's just a person in your world, that doesn't apply... Seriously..."

Kyoko sighed.

Larstern   - Page 4 Tumblr71

"Really. You oughta be careful, Sayaka. I really don't like that face you're making. Don'cha know that negative emotions are like poison to us Magical Girls?"

She led a hand into her pocket.

"Hey. Show me your soul gem for a sec, will ya?"
Nenilein
Nenilein
Admin

http://nenilein.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by General Tommy Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:49 am

Nenilein wrote:

Peridot, who had been shock until just now, trying to comprehend the fact that she was stranded on a foreign planet yet again (something that didn't occur to her before because psssssst), finally snapped back alive when she heard the word 'shield generator'. Her engineering senses started whirring! She leaped up.

Larstern   - Page 4 12310

"A shield generator? Well, I'll need parts for that! A plasma-converter, for one, and something that can pass for a projector unit... Well, except, we are trying to shield an entire planet, so we will need at least 23681 of them... Plus, minus 300 units, depending on the planet's diameter... And, of course..."

Peridot had begun to rapidly draw incredibly exact blueprints into the sand.

"Hmpf... No, no, no! I can't work like this! I'm a professional! I require exact data, you hear me!"

...She totally missed the fact that there was someone else trying to talk to her. She's inserted herself into the conversation more interesting to her, as always. Maybe this could still work out in their favor?

That, or you could just drag Peridot away from what she was doing. Your choice.

Leonardo observed Peridot's blueprints.  Then, he brought a Servo-Skull over to the group, which looked much like a floating human skull with some cybernetics in it and then projected a 3D holographic image of Peridot's blueprints.  "Calculating theoretical power output of Planetary Shield Generator Pattern...error, current energy output considerably below acceptable efficiency threshold,"  Leonardo declared, his voice suddenly going highly robotic and devoid of emotion all of a sudden.  He then walked over to the sample of Vespene Gas and scanned it himself.  "Analyzing substance: Vespene Gas...analyzing...Substance designated: Vespene Gas consists of a hydrocarbon compound, a high-performance fuel.  Calculating theoretical maximum energy output of Vespene Gas...error, this is not our most potent fuel source."

"You know of a fuel source even more potent than Vespene Gas?" Artanis asked.  "Well, out with it then!"

Leonardo then began to modify Peridot's blueprints using the 3D image.  "Recalibrating Planetary Shield Generator Pattern.  New fuel source added.  Calculating theoretical power yield for shield generator pattern with local fuel source designated: Goddess Power...calculating...Planetary Shield Generator Pattern has gained increased power yield of 5248.5%.  Margin of Error +-10%"  Leonardo then brought up a second image, which displayed the map of Terra Ancora in a 3D holographic image.  "Calculating most efficient placement of Planetary Shield Generator Pattern..."

Leonardo then began to place dots all across the planet as best he could, each one showing a field of energy over it to cover the planet.  There were approximately 2000 of these shield generators strategically placed around the planet to provide maximum coverage.  "Calculating...entire planet has achieved coverage.  Increasing shield generator count to accommodate failsafes in the event a generator is destroyed..." Leonardo declared, before adding on another bunch of generators to provide overlapping fields of protection.  "Calculating...Final Planetary Shield Generator count: 4,986.  Reduced count of Planetary Shield Generators by 474.9498596068993%.  Marked increase in pattern efficiency noted.  Awaiting further revisions."

It's important to note that Leonardo's new pattern, while it was mostly the same as Peridot's shield generator, had gained a relatively inefficient energy converter matrix put in it to work with the new Goddess Power fuel source.  Peridot can probably revise this new inefficiency to improve the design even further.  Considering Leonardo's last statement, it doesn't sound like he'd object to Peridot revising the design further to improve the final results.
General Tommy
General Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by AmeftoWriter Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:43 pm

Astrid wrote:Astrid nodded, getting a good look at the Vespene Gas as well. "Ah, so that's what this stuff is made of," she said, seemingly ignoring Nora's request. Then, she put on a smile. "Well, this won't be too hard to do then!" Then, Astrid closed her eyes and did something that elected a very specific feeling in everyone. It felt as if reality itself had just bent over backwards to please the goddess before everyone. It wasn't readily apparent how, exactly, but to the ships in orbit, they would see what just happened.

All across the Ancora system, Mineral Fields and Vespene Geysers sprouted out of the ground. Astrid had made no visible movements, she had spoken no words to make this happen. Such was the works of those without divinity, to require somatic and verbal components to power their spells. To Astrid, all she had to do was think of something she wanted to have happen, and creation itself would obey her command, no matter how absurd it was or how much it broke the laws of creation.

"Well I'll be damned..." Raynor was in disbelief of what he had witnessed. The woman just suddenly made Mineral Fields and Vespene Geysers pop out of nowhere. He never really believed in Gods or any higher beings for that matter, but for now he's having second thoughts.

"This is... this is astounding!!" Matt spoke to him back on the com, "Our scanners prove they are true sir. She has made, well... more than enough even with the Protoss!"

"Then you know what you gotta do." Raynor finished the sentence for him. He then turned to the SCV who was just as shocked as he is despite being underneath the suit and commanded him, "Bill. Start making the command center, Matt's gonna send in more SCVs to start making more."

"Y-yes Sir!" The SCV named Bill, rushed towards the closest mineral field and began working on making the Command Center
AmeftoWriter
AmeftoWriter

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorgutz Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:54 pm

Nora had been tinkering, and had come up with something good. sending out a telepathic message all over Larstern, She said," I have a piece of technology for distribution. Will the commanders of any troops that use gunpowder weapons please meet me in the lab?" She requests, having already begun work on her own model of shield generator.

Being able to read minds, she had overheard Leonardo and Peridot's conversation, and was already working on the specifications needed,"All I need is some time, concentration... and a bit of that Vespene gas" She said to herself
Gorgutz
Gorgutz

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:30 am

"Oh...Wow, thanks."

Peridot said, waving her hand somewhat unimpressed. Honestly, her line sounded like a mere phrase of dull appreciation. Still. she studied the improved blueprints intently.

Larstern   - Page 4 12010

"I don't know many of these components... Well, no surprise, given that I am unfamiliar with this planet. However, should your listed estimates for the energy output be accurate, then I believe we can still improve on them vastly!"

She started drawing again, this time adding injectors that reached into the planet's crust.

"This may be dangerous, since, well, its sucking the very life out of the planet itself... Buuuut, it's not like we're creating gems who're supposed to have high combat proficiency for a neigh-infinite lifespan. All we need is to abridge some of the energy from the planet's molten core... Hmm, yeah, we should be able to use the peridotite and quartzite in the mantle to create a crystal matrix that simulates the properties of a gem without giving it actual life! That could serve as an ideal medium to re-direct and bundle power! In any case, it would enable the shield-generator to output an additional layer of protective hard-light projections, similar to the properties of what we use on Homeworld! Add a redirectional matrix to bundle the sunlight and increase power output, and we're looking at something not even the Emerald Fleet's Sun-Destroyer could breach with ease! HAH!"
Nenilein
Nenilein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorgutz Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:10 am

Nora's listening in was made clear as her telepathy interjected into Peridot's planning,"I must advise you to find another method of energy generation" She tells her, her voice firm, yet neutral,"This planet is the home to many different beings, and our only base of operations for the moment, and draining the core of its energy is only going to weaken our position for later battles" She explains, teleporting before the small Gem,"However, if we have a suitable source of power, which I can provide rather easily, then all we need is a machine with a proper design" She explains, pulling up holograms of dozens of different shield generators

"Take a look at the designs i've cooked up, and see which one is most suitable for the task at hand" She requests, as each design is highlighted, each seeming more intricate and complex than the last, with the design specifications indicating that, with adequate power, even one of these generators would be able to cover an entire continent
Gorgutz
Gorgutz

Back to top Go down

Post by General Tommy Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:29 am

Another Protoss warp noise was sounded as Phase-Smith Karax showed up, seemingly brought here by the talk of fancy technology. He walked over to the schematics and studied them himself. "Fascinating, a crystal matrix power generator mixed in with divine energy," he commented. "Peridot, Leonardo, I truly must commend you both on this incredible device. I believe I have something to improve the schematic further using Peridot's modifications as a base."

Karax pulled out a small, blue crystal that pulsed with psionic power. "This is a Khaydarin Crystal, we Protoss use them to power our inventions back home," he explained. "If we replace the geothermal taps with these Khaydarin Crystals, we'll get the same or even better power output that we would have attained with the geothermal taps, without the risk of destroying the planet a few millennia down the line. We'd have to precisely cut each crystal to avoid losing too much potential output, but I believe that if we combine our various methods of technology, we will create a truly impressive shield generator."

Then, Karax turned to Leonardo. "Leonardo, can you simulate this theoretical shield generator against a sustained orbital bombardment? Use whatever foe you feel you can simulate, I want to run a simulation to see how well this shield generator would hold up against a sustained enemy assault."

Leonardo nodded. "Simulating full-scale invasion of Chaos Warfleet," he droned, his voice still robotic. About 100 or so starships manifested above the planet and began bombarding the planet ceaselessly. The simulation stated that each attack was in the multi-megaton firepower range, each shot hammering against the shields on the planet, and seemingly doing little damage.

"Fast-forwarding simulation to end," Leonardo declared, before the simulation accelerated greatly. What was once real-time became days passing in seconds, the bombardment continuing over and over again before the shields finally buckled and deactivated. Leonardo paused the simulation then. "Calculating...Assuming that the enemy warfleet does not run out of ammunition for its Macrobatteries or a local defensive fleet does not take action to defend the planet, as well as the enemy fleet doing nothing but bombardment, assuming the assault occurred at 12:00 PM of Vitamus 1st, the shields would be pierced at Oceanis 5th at 8:00 PM.

"It would take 5 months, 5 days, and 8 hours to pierce the shields with the current pattern. Recalibrating simulation to accommodate Abaddon the Despoiler's personal starship, the Planet Killer..."
The simulation reset itself and added in another starship, one 10 kilometers long and could be charitably described of as "a lot of big guns in a vaguely starship-shaped form". It doesn't look like the ship could possibly have been built under all known physics, due to the absurdity of the design (less the size or power, more the fact that the ship itself has components that shouldn't function as they are built).

The Planet Killer then opened fire on Terra Ancora. True to its name, one shot from the ship's main guns had enough firepower to blow up a planet. However, even though the shields took noticeable damage, they still held. The simulation continued onward, and it took multiple direct hits from the Planet Killer to pierce the shields, each with about a 30-minute time gap between each shot. After about 20 shots, the shields were pierced and the planet was destroyed.

"Simulation ended. Planetary Shield Generator Pattern rated to withstand repeat bombardment from Exterminatus-grade ordnance. It is unlikely that we will require further power for this Shield Generator Pattern," Leonardo commented.

"This seems like an excellent design to work with," Karax mentioned. "I appreciate that you wanted to help, Nora, but I think that it would be better for us to design this generator ourselves so that you can focus your efforts on more important matters such as the Forge World."
General Tommy
General Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorgutz Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:38 am

Nora was at a loss. She was certain her designs would have proven superior, but they had been shown up, relatively easily... She was feeling an emotion that her screens told her was 'jealousy'

...She didn't like this feeling much.

after the brief pause while she calculated all of this, she nodded,"Very well. the Forge World shall have my full attention... I will be back in my lab, formulating strategies to get reliably between the planets" She says, teleporting away, making certain to release enough energy to singe any clothing they might have had on them

Nora wound up glaring in no specific direction, muttering "Why did someone of such brilliance be shackled to such an incompetant?" Who this was referring to remains a mystery.
Gorgutz
Gorgutz

Back to top Go down

Post by ToonBlade Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:43 am

Ike and Toon Link felt it. A power causing mass change. They weren't sure what even happened. But they knew that something had been done.
Ike had felt a sensation like this before, when Ashera's judgement had been passed. Link, from feeling the power of the Triforce in his hands.
Yet, this was different still. Larger, more powerful, more... intimidating. This Astrid, she certainly earned the tittle of goddess. Ike was glad to have her as an ally, at least. If she were their enemy, everyone would be beyond screwed.

General Tommy wrote:Before either of them could fight, however, Astrid restrained both of them with chains of light.  "Alright, alright, enough with that," she said.  "Jeez, we've spent so many pages of posts just doing exposition, it's time for you guys to actually do something more interesting than listening to folks rambling about things none of ya get.  Now then, those of you with money, go with Chogro to the bank and exchange your currency for my own people's Gold.  Those without it, you're going to the Adventurer's Guild and get a mission so you can get money.  Those of you running tech, you're going next world over and building the Forge World.  Now, unless anybody else is wanting even more exposition and wasting more of our RPers' valuable time with words they don't get, let's actually try and have some fun here, alright?"

Toon Link blinked. Well, they had plenty of treasure back in Tetra's ship. He has all his gear with him right now, so maybe his wallet's got something...
He pulls it out. He puffs a cheek. Only 500 Rupees. He easily had ten times that back in his spoils chest. But this'll do. He looked around and went over to Chogro, his wallet in hand.

Ike looked over his coin purse. 1000 gold. Not bad to start. He puts his coin purse away and goes to the group forming around Chogro.
ToonBlade
ToonBlade

Back to top Go down

Post by General Tommy Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:55 am

As Yato, Yukine, and Shadow the Hedgehog's party arrived at the Adventurer's Guild, they were met with an odd sight. a dark-skinned man wearing a white hood and some very primitive-looking clothing and weapons was simply sitting in front of the entrance to the Guild, meditating.

Shadow approached this person. "Hey, what are you doing here?" he asked.

"I am meditating," the man answered, his accent thick with Egyptian influence. "Hathor has asked me to guide you all in your first steps into the Adventurer's Guild." The man stood up and looked at the group. "It is best not to keep the goddess waiting. I do not know why she has chosen me to answer your questions, I barely understand this strange world more than you do. She told me it was because I am a Medjay, but that answers little to me.

"Come, come, let us go inside so that you may take your first steps into the life of an Adventurer,"
the man declared, turning around and opening up the entrance to the Guild, motioning for the rest to follow.
General Tommy
General Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:37 pm

Now, in earlier days Peridot would have objected loudly to having her designs tampered with, let alone "improved" by someone else, but her time working together with Pearl had taught her the value of joint progress. She watched as the design she'd drawn up was augmented and improved and then proudly stood up and snickered.

Larstern   - Page 4 4610

"Oh wow! Mweheheheh... This is so cool! We're building something not even Yellow Diamond could get through! It's going to be an indomitable fortress of crafting! I can already see it!!"

Doing childish noises, replaying the simulation from just now with her fingers, she finally catches a glimpse of Nora from her eyes. Now, she sucks at reading emotions still. So accordingly, Peridot's reaction to that person's sour face is... this.

Larstern   - Page 4 5010

"Hey, you! Yeah, you! Why aren't you cheering? Didn't you hear? We're creating a marvel of the combined several thousand years of various' mighty civilizations's best technology!! Doesn't it make you want to keep going!? Because I can still keep going! Oh, I feel like designing a couple of drop ships right now! Or spires! Loads of fully automated spires! ...A fully automated entertainment system wouldn't be bad either. Hmm... I wonder if this planet has wi-fi..."

As Yato, Yukine, and Shadow the Hedgehog's party arrived at the Adventurer's Guild, they were met with an odd sight. a dark-skinned man wearing a white hood and some very primitive-looking clothing and weapons was simply sitting in front of the entrance to the Guild, meditating.

Shadow approached this person. "Hey, what are you doing here?" he asked.

"I am meditating," the man answered, his accent thick with Egyptian influence. "Hathor has asked me to guide you all in your first steps into the Adventurer's Guild." The man stood up and looked at the group. "It is best not to keep the goddess waiting. I do not know why she has chosen me to answer your questions, I barely understand this strange world more than you do. She told me it was because I am a Medjay, but that answers little to me.

"Come, come, let us go inside so that you may take your first steps into the life of an Adventurer,"
 the man declared, turning around and opening up the entrance to the Guild, motioning for the rest to follow.

Larstern   - Page 4 Tumbl384

"Gods, gods, servants of gods... Wow, it's almost like Takamagahara here."

Larstern   - Page 4 Tumblr64

"Adventuring, huh...?"

Yato took a sip of water. Don't ask where he got that fro---

Larstern   - Page 4 Tumbl399

"Where did you get that from?"

Oh.

Larstern   - Page 4 Tumbl116

"There was a booth on the way. I was thirsty. So I bought it."

Larstern   - Page 4 Tumbl376

At that, Yukine scoffs.

"You coulda really asked me if I want some too, y'know!!"

They keep bickering...
Nenilein
Nenilein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:14 am

Nenilein wrote:
"D-Did that guy just say job! But, I'm under lifetime exclusive image-rights contract with Junes!!" He wriggled a little. "Geez... How long... How long are we planning to stay here?"

Larstern   - Page 4 B8_4_010

"They said that time isn't flowing right... But are Sensei and the others really going to be alright...?"

Worried bear. Such a worried bear.

Labrys squeezed Teddie's paw. "Judging by the name Adventurer's guild, I think our "job" requires going on trips."

Larstern   - Page 4 KsMvU2u

"Well, I think the guys can handle themselves just fine. They're pretty strong if they can beat my Shadow and had to deal with the Arena and stuff, and from what I learned from Aigis, they stopped some kind of apocalypse or something."

"I am meditating," the man answered, his accent thick with Egyptian influence. "Hathor has asked me to guide you all in your first steps into the Adventurer's Guild." The man stood up and looked at the group. "It is best not to keep the goddess waiting. I do not know why she has chosen me to answer your questions, I barely understand this strange world more than you do. She told me it was because I am a Medjay, but that answers little to me.

"Come, come, let us go inside so that you may take your first steps into the life of an Adventurer," the man declared, turning around and opening up the entrance to the Guild, motioning for the rest to follow.

Larstern   - Page 4 3XSetVK

"I think that's our new boss over there."
Peachy
Peachy

https://kazumijade.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:13 am

Larstern   - Page 4 B8_3_010

"I-I'm not saying I don't think they can take bear of stuff on their own! Sensei's done some really amazing things himself already! It's just..."

Larstern   - Page 4 B8_4_010

"Hmm..."

To be perfectly honest, Teddie was homesick. Ever since he'd first come to Inaba, he'd never been this far from the town without the entire IT. He only now just realized that. It was great to have Labrys around, but he still felt insecure. The world was so much bigger than he'd ever imagined. Would he know what to do when it came down to it? There was no Yosuke here to scold him into the right tracks when needed...

He'd just have to rely on Labrys. She was smart and reliable and brave. The two of them would be fine, right?... Of course they'd be! He was her brave, shining knight after all! What was he thinking, being such a scaredy-bear!?

Squeezing Labrys' hand back with his paw, Teddie tried to make a brave face and listened in on what the man in the hood had to say.
Nenilein
Nenilein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by General Tommy Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:26 am

Karax decided to speak up to Peridot after Nora teleported away. "Peridot, I do not believe that was a wise decision to engage in," he commented. "Nora seemed somewhat frustrated at what had transpired. It is good to take pride in one's work, but try not to rub it into others' faces, alright?"

Shadow decided to ask a question to the Egyptian man. "Who's Hathor?" Shadow asked. "Is that some other goddess involved in all of this?"

The man turned his head. "You know her as Astrid," he answered. "I know her as Hathor. Ah, but where are my manners? I am Bayek of Siwa. Pleasure to meet you all." Bayek opened up the door to the Adventurer's Guild. Inside were many individuals walking around, and a few of them seemed to be accompanied by some strange spirits of various appearances.

"Now then, if you wish to work as an Adventurer, it is important that you understand what role you are best at," Bayek explained. "There are three primary roles to assume, those who take damage, those who deal damage, and those who heal damage. The usual Adventuring party consists of 1 person who takes damage, referred to as a 'tank', though I do not know what that means, 2 or 3 individuals who deal damage, and 1 person who heals damage. It is not recommended to go beneath 4 party members, though solo Adventuring is possible."

Bayek brought the group over to an individual sitting at a desk with a computer. "Hello there," Bayek said. "I bring new Adventurers for you."

The man at the computer looked at the group. "Well, you all look like you've seen a scrap or a dozen," he mentioned. "Well, just go and tell me what you're best at then, and I'll determine your role for ya."

Shadow nodded. "My name is Shadow, Shadow the Hedgehog," he answered. "I'm an incredibly fast being, and I'm skilled with a rifle. I guess I'd be best at dishing out damage."

Joe gave off a crisp salute. "Spartan Delta-371, name's Joe," he declared. "Former Marine, rank of Captain, currently serving aboard the UNSC Infinity as part of her Spartan Branch Complement. I'm proficient in a variety of firearms, as well as proficiency in vehicle and unarmed combat. My MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor and genetic augmentations make me an incredibly durable and deadly foe. I suppose I'd either be a tank or a damage-dealer, probably leaning tank due to my energy shields and Biofoam dispensers."

The man nodded, looking at the rest of the group. "And what do the rest of you do?" he asked.

Chogro reached the bank with his companions. "Alright, we made it," he declared. "C'mon, let's get inside and exchange our funds." Chogro walked inside and approached one of the bankers before beating his chest with his fist twice in a crisp Orcish salute. "Throm-ka human, we're here to exchange our coin for Astridian Gold."

The banker looked up. "My, that's quite a lot of folks. Are you all working in the same account?" he asked.

Brandin nodded. "That is indeed the case, we're all here as part of a war effort that Astrid wanted," he answered.

The banker's eyes widened. "Ah! So that's why Astrid had me open this special account then!" he mentioned. "Alright then, let's get to your donations. How much do you all have on you?

Chogro looked over to Brandin and the two of them nodded. "Astrid gave us 500,000 Gold to start with. Between Brandin and I, we have another 100,000," Chogro answered, handing over his wallet with Brandin, as well as the credit stick that Wolf gave them. "Wolf gave us a credit stick with 5 million Gold on it. I want to set 3 million aside for research funds, and another 2 million for the rest of the team to use."

Ganondorf walked up and used his magic to conjure up a chest. There were 50,000 Rupees within it of various denominations. "50,000 Rupees. How much is that worth in Gold?" he asked, certain that it was worth a lot.

"That's 10 gold for 1 Rupee, so that's 500,000 Gold," the banker answered. "So, what do the rest of you have?"
General Tommy
General Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorgutz Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:40 am

Back in her Lab, Nora had been working through her emotions, while working on a Drone that could go off-world, trying not to let anything get to her... She was failing

that arrogant sprite acted like she was better than her. a mere construct, superior to one of the greatest warriors in the universe, and a goddess on top of that? Nora would make a note to get a decent level of payback for this... maybe showing her that Hardlight wasn't the best material for a physical body. Dozens of scenarios flitted through her mind, as she began testing the drone's flight capabilities, needing to be sure that it would reach escape velocity

She had decided then and there that she would refrain from interacting with anyone unless she was directly approached.
Gorgutz
Gorgutz

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:19 am

Okay. Weird hooded guy and weird armored guy at computer.
Labrys leans in to Teddie's ear after Bayek gave his explanation. "Tanks? Damage dealers? Healers? Do you get any of that?" To be categorized as attacker, defender, and healer is a little off putting. She's a person, she's got some identity, not some nameless thing that can only do what they were built for.

Croma was slightly impressed by that amount of riches the Gerudo king possessed. Perhaps this was the first time she noticed him as she was primarily concerned with keeping Raffaello at ease. There's a particular air about Ganondorf that screams hostile, but she decided not to comment on it. She didn't know much of what a man like him could do and it would be unwise to confront him. Right now, it's time to invest in the bank. It definitely wasn't operated by sapient chubby chocobos for starters. Croma approached the counter and placed a bag fairly bulging for its small size.

"I have 2,000 gil in here."

Raffaello couldn't help but think, That's a lot. Was she prepared for this?
Peachy
Peachy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:04 am

Nenilein wrote:Larstern   - Page 4 Tumbl122

"Hm... 'Witches'. That word again." Kyoko blinked a little bit. 

"You guys-- I mean, the version of you back before everything went weird... You told me about that. That they're something that happens instead of Wraiths when the Law of Cycle isn't around. The ultimate manifestation of a Magical Girl's despair, huh..." She looked around. "That's what you guys were up against..."

"I did, huh...?"

It was still very weird to Sayaka that another version of her sounded like a sage with all the right answers in toe. Even Sayaka was not sure of what Witches were in essence until now. Kyubey had just spoken so much as for her to understand that magical girls hollowed themselves in name of their wishes and existance.

Larstern   - Page 4 Sayaka71_zps17cb982f

"This other me must have seen so much more: yet, she was still holding on."

She didn't know whether that was comforting or just spoke of the lack of resolve that Sayaka herself was feeling until this whole mess started.

Nenilein wrote:

Larstern   - Page 4 Tumblr90

"...Heh. That's so you."

Kyoko nudged Sayaka in the arm. 

"Always tryin' to play the hero, even when it means throwin' away all sense of reason. It's always the same with you. No wonder your wish was something stupid like--"

But Kyoko stopped herself- Right, this Sayaka was... Better not bring it up.

Plus, there was also...

"So... Instead of you, it's Mami then, huh? I guess that makes sense... She was always the self-sacrificial type too. Still, she was always so careful. It's kind of a shock to hear she woulda, well... y'know... before the both of us. Man, she's really the last person I'd have expected that of..."

Kyoko sighed. Well, it wasn't really 'her' Mami, was it? So, there was no use grieving... Even if the thought of Mami dying, dying much the same way as Sayaka had died, lied heavy in her stomach.

Larstern   - Page 4 Sayaka79_zps4575f5e6

"W-What's that supposed to mean..."

Even when she tried to react like she was mad, this Kyoko was just so much milder than the one she knew. Well, towards the end, she was getting to know Kyoko a little bit, and she definitely had a side of comradery to her, but Sayaka was still new to this.

Though when the subject became Mami, Sayaka got more acutely aware.

Larstern   - Page 4 Sayaka36_zps84234686

"But yeah... I wish I could give more of an explanation, but it just... happened. With what we do, there's risk all the time, but... it really shouldn't have ended like this."

She also couldn't determine how careful Mami was being. She just saw her fight a few times, but she always seemed in complete control. It was that one moment: the moment she looked at them after thinking the Witch was gone-

Sayaka shook her head. Instead, she focused on something else she heard.

Nenilein wrote:
Larstern   - Page 4 Tumbl179

"Really? You're worried about what it means to be a Magical Girl now? Geeze Louise, you really shoulda have thought that through before you made the contract! You're acting like Kyuubey didn't tell you about the whole deal beforehand!! ...Wait. He... did give you the deets, right? About the Soul Gem...?"

Suddenly, something occurred to Kyoko. Right, with what Sayaka - her Sayaka - had told them about those things called 'witches', nobody in their right mind would ever make a contract knowing their soul gem's at risk at turning into a creature like that, would they? So, could it be... Did Kyuubey not give them the whole story back in their timeline.

"Whoa... That sucks! You got totally duped...! That little shitstain!"

Larstern   - Page 4 Sayaka16_zps1bf23367

"Yeah, tell me about it! He didn't say anything to us beyond the wish and what a magical girl was supposed to do!"

Sayaka could easily partake in that rage. When alone with the creature, she was much more somber about it, but this was someone that could understand.

"Damn, if only I could kill that bastard. But it doesn't even phase him. And that expression never changes."

Larstern   - Page 4 Sayaka75_zps80027937

"... This made it important for me that Madoka didn't need to become a magical girl. I'm sure she understood from what we learned after the fact. And yet... In your world, so to speak, it's like she did. And not only did she do it, she became the center figure of everything. That's... kind of like a goddess?"

The word seemed silly at first, but it felt right to use.

Nenilein wrote:
Larstern   - Page 4 Tumbl181

"...Madoka, Madoka, Madoka... huh..."

Kyoko flips her hair at the sound of that. She seems a little miffed. Is she... jealous, perhaps.

"Honestly, I don't know much about that girl. Only what I saw in that fake world but that's it. She mostly hung 'round Homura there. I guess the two of you were tight? Oh well. Whatever. All I know is that she's the reason Homura's gone cray-cray on us several times in a row... Well, that and the fact that she's what protects us Magical Girls from falling into 'eternal despair'... But I guess if she's just a person in your world, that doesn't apply... Seriously..."

Kyoko sighed.

Larstern   - Page 4 Tumblr71

"Really. You oughta be careful, Sayaka. I really don't like that face you're making. Don'cha know that negative emotions are like poison to us Magical Girls?"

She led a hand into her pocket.

"Hey. Show me your soul gem for a sec, will ya?"

"...?"

The reaction went mostly over Sayaka's head. Madoka was her best friend, after all. She and Hitomi had been together most of the time. But there was the tipping point where Madoka was the only one that knew what she was going through and she could turn to.

Wait. That wasn't true. She started doing the same to Kyoko, didn't she? In fact, they at least were in the same situation together.

If only they have had more time... But it's not like she didn't have time with this Kyoko, from the looks of it. So Sayaka pulled herself together.

"Ah- My soul gem?"

She knew she could trust this one. Heck, this Kyoko trusted her more than the one from her world ever seemed to. So she searched her pocket and showed the gem.

Larstern   - Page 4 Sayaka59_zps4b452653

"Here you go."

Larstern   - Page 4 Sayaka_soulgem

As far as Soul Gems went, this one was pretty clean. There might be something lacking since they had undergone some fighting once they arrived in here, but for the most part, it was sparkling new.

IF let Chogro do the initial talking, holding back for the opportunity to present her own. In truth, she was very happy with how the collaborations amounted quickly to higher numbers, which meant less time needed doing menial quests for money or other such trite things.

Using the blue cellphone that she had previously, she typed a few numbers and a stick protuded out of the lower end of the cellphone. This, she offered momentarily to the banker.

Larstern   - Page 4 If-thought_zpsuyxr36fw

"I have one million credits here. Please add it to the team's funds."

After the encounter with Bayek, which Remilia observed silently, she walked along to the guild.

She wasn't the least off-put by the straightforward nature of what the other asked. Perhaps she had dealt with similar things before. When prompted, she'd very plainly put it forth, like Shadow did.

Larstern   - Page 4 Remilia_normal

"Remilia Scarlet. My thing is mobility. I can fly and run very fast. I can shoot magic too, either covering big areas with small projectiles or focus it in powerful spears. Guess I'd do best at killing too."
Aliucon
Aliucon

Back to top Go down

Post by General Tommy Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:55 am

"Let's see now...10 Gil makes 1 Astridian Gold, so that's about 200 Gold from you..." the Banker said, before looking at IF's Credit stick. "Ah, these are Gamindustri Credits, are they not? That's also 10 Credits for 1 Gold, so that makes 100,000 Gold from you. It seems that you'll have an excellent line of credit to start with so far. Please, do keep the money coming."

Bayek wound up overhearing Labrys' question to Teddie, but decided to let the bear answer the question first. If he failed to provide an adequate explanation, Bayek would step in and answer for them. Meanwhile, Bowser stomped up to the counter. "Name's Bowser, King of the Koopas," he answered, crossing his arms and smirking. "I'm the biggest, baddest, toughest, and strongest Koopa around, and I know for a fact that I'm tougher than any of these other wimps around me. I can dish out a lot of pain with my fists, my fire breath, or dark magic, and I can take a lot of punishment to boot. Though I gotta ask, why are you asking us to take on specific roles? What about those of us who can do multiple roles like me?"

The man nodded, noting down everyone's skills and abilities so far. "The role classifications aren't so much about reducing you to your role, so much as that it helps keep things organized," he explained. "By all means, if you can fulfill multiple roles, feel free to take on either role when the time comes. Many Adventurers have learned the valuable lesson of being prepared to fill in any role needed. However, it helps keep things organized on our end when we know what role you are best suited for, as it helps us determine which quests are most readily available to you.

"Since the Adventurer's Guild is as much a mercenary organization as it is anything else, veteran Adventurers found it wise to best organize themselves according to what role they take on best, that way they can more easily party up with each other. I might have something to help you out with organizing yourselves, or at least clear up what each role can do."

"Might be best to show it for those who are new to this Adventuring thing," Shadow mentioned. "Remilia, Vanitas, and I are all veterans of this stuff, but I think some of us don't know how it works."

The man nodded, pointing the team over to a video screen as he brought up a very specific video.

When the video finished, the man at the desk added, "If you want to be a tank, your job is to keep the enemy's aggro on yourself. Generally speaking, going for big, flashy weapons and heavy armor works best for that. Damage dealers take advantage of the tank's aggro to attack enemies from behind or other moments, doing their best to keep the aggro off of themselves. The healer's job is to keep everyone alive, usually through magic. If you have healing powers, this is probably the role for you."
General Tommy
General Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverie Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:13 pm

Just behind Croma and Raffaello, Agnès removed her small satchel from hammerspace and began to pick coins out, setting them down in front of the banker.

Larstern   - Page 4 2010

"Uhm, I have two hundred thousand pg on my person. That is everything that my friends and I have won in battle."

Meanwhile, Vanitas had moved over to the guy tapping away at the computer.

Larstern   - Page 4 1xpzvMu

"Hi there, Morpheus. Name's Vanitas. I like hitting things and I'm good at it too."
Reverie
Reverie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:20 pm

Karax decided to speak up to Peridot after Nora teleported away. "Peridot, I do not believe that was a wise decision to engage in," he commented."Nora seemed somewhat frustrated at what had transpired. It is good to take pride in one's work, but try not to rub it into others' faces, alright?"

Larstern   - Page 4 7510

"What, what did I say!?" Peridot replied obliviously. "I was being motivational! I'll have you know that on some planets that's considered very helpful!"

She really has no idea what she did.

"Who's Hathor? Is that some other goddess involved in all of this?"

"You know her as Astrid, I know her as Hathor. Ah, but where are my manners? I am Bayek of Siwa. Pleasure to meet you all." 

"Now then, if you wish to work as an Adventurer, it is important that you understand what role you are best at," Bayek explained. "There are three primary roles to assume, those who take damage, those who deal damage, and those who heal damage. The usual Adventuring party consists of 1 person who takes damage, referred to as a 'tank', though I do not know what that means, 2 or 3 individuals who deal damage, and 1 person who heals damage. It is not recommended to go beneath 4 party members, though solo Adventuring is possible."

"Hello there," Bayek said. "I bring new Adventurers for you."

"Well, you all look like you've seen a scrap or a dozen," he mentioned. "Well, just go and tell me what you're best at then, and I'll determine your role for ya."

"My name is Shadow, Shadow the Hedgehog," he answered. "I'm an incredibly fast being, and I'm skilled with a rifle. I guess I'd be best at dishing out damage."

"Spartan Delta-371, name's Joe," he declared. "Former Marine, rank of Captain, currently serving aboard the UNSC Infinity as part of her Spartan Branch Complement. I'm proficient in a variety of firearms, as well as proficiency in vehicle and unarmed combat. My MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor and genetic augmentations make me an incredibly durable and deadly foe. I suppose I'd either be a tank or a damage-dealer, probably leaning tank due to my energy shields and Biofoam dispensers."

"And what do the rest of you do?" he asked.

Okay. Weird hooded guy and weird armored guy at computer.
Labrys leans in to Teddie's ear after Bayek gave his explanation. "Tanks? Damage dealers? Healers? Do you get any of that?" To be categorized as attacker, defender, and healer is a little off putting. She's a person, she's got some identity, not some nameless thing that can only do what they were built for.

Larstern   - Page 4 B8_1_010

"Oh! I know about that! Sensei and Yosuke would often talk like that when deciding who was going in the front lines when we were going out to fight on my side!"

Larstern   - Page 4 B8_2_010

"Yuki-chan and I are the best at healing, so one of us always had to be in the team! Chie-chan and Kanji hit hard and can can take loads and loads of punishment, so Yosuke always calls them our 'tanks', and Nao-chan's magic does loads of damage to Shadows, so they said she was a natural 'damage-dealer'! Yosuke is the fastest when it comes to attacking and going down! He calls that a 'fragile speedster'. And Sensei can do everything, so he's a 'Jack of all Trades'! Hmmm..." 

Teddie pondered a little.

"Labby-chan, you're clearly a tank! It's a real bear of a chore to try and take you down after all! You're powerful and beautiful and smart...~ Oh, also, I guess I'm a Healer... "

"...Oh! But I'm not saying I can only heal, of course! I can deal real powerful magic too! For you, my lady, I'd bear happy to be damage dealer or even a speedster! I'm Fighter just as much as I'm a Fighter, you know!!" 

Teddie starts shadow-boxing, as if to make a point. 

After the encounter with Bayek, which Remilia observed silently, she walked along to the guild.

She wasn't the least off-put by the straightforward nature of what the other asked. Perhaps she had dealt with similar things before. When prompted, she'd very plainly put it forth, like Shadow did.

Larstern   - Page 4 Remilia_normal

"Remilia Scarlet. My thing is mobility. I can fly and run very fast. I can shoot magic too, either covering big areas with small projectiles or focus it in powerful spears. Guess I'd do best at killing too."

Meanwhile, Vanitas had moved over to the guy tapping away at the computer.

Larstern   - Page 4 1xpzvMu

"Hi there, Morpheus. Name's Vanitas. I like hitting things and I'm good at it too."

Bayek wound up overhearing Labrys' question to Teddie, but decided to let the bear answer the question first. If he failed to provide an adequate explanation, Bayek would step in and answer for them. Meanwhile, Bowser stomped up to the counter. "Name's Bowser, King of the Koopas," he answered, crossing his arms and smirking. "I'm the biggest, baddest, toughest, and strongest Koopa around, and I know for a fact that I'm tougher than any of these other wimps around me. I can dish out a lot of pain with my fists, my fire breath, or dark magic, and I can take a lot of punishment to boot.

Barely had Bowser and Vanitas finished their intros, Yato boisterously stepped forwards, one hand raised.

"Yo!" 

Larstern   - Page 4 Tumbl112

"The name's Yato! God Yato!" he posed. 

Larstern   - Page 4 Tumbl214

"I'm an up-and-coming God of Fortune, one bona-fide, of the Japanese Yasogami pantheon, and ready to take down and slay disaster wherever it's preparing to strike! In other words, the answer to all your prayers! I'm pleased to make your acquaintance too!"

Larstern   - Page 4 Tumbl386

"Do you always have to make such a big show of it...?" But Yukine was smiling as he said that. Honestly, he thought that Yato's healthy self-esteem about his ambitions was quite deserved in this situation. He had been working hard after all. 

Larstern   - Page 4 Tumbl395

"Anyway, I'm Yukine", he introduced himself. "Yato's Regalia... Right, um, a 'Regalia' is something like a familiar spirit. I serve Yato as a guidepost and weapon."

Larstern   - Page 4 Tumbl390

"Not just any regalia! He's a Blessed Hafuri Vessel! That means our little wonder-boy here is extra-powerful, just right for serving an extra-special god, like me!"

"S-Stop glomping!!"

Yukine shuddered, shaking his master off violently, until Yato slipped and fell to the ground.

"-OUCH!"

Larstern   - Page 4 Tumbl442

"A-Anyway... Ignoring stuff like that... Yeah, we're pretty strong. We usually take down corrupted spirits that threaten humans to protect them, but we've fought our fair share of gods already as well. So I guess we'd probably do best, um... In the frontlines? Wherever some good swordsmanship is needed."

Larstern   - Page 4 Tumbl108

"Frontlines ain't all we can do." Yato was back on his feet now. He put a hand on Yukine's shoulder. "The kid is still underselling himself. As a weapon, Yukine's blades are as sharp as his will, which is to say, extremely. And our cut is silent. We could cut clean through a building and nobody would even realize right until the bricks fall. Front-lines, stealth, emergency back-up. It doesn't mater. We're fast, we're incredibly precise and we've got some tricks up our sleeves not everyone has. We can even cut spiritual ties if needed. Whatever you need us to do, as long as it involves cutting, it's a go."

He sounded sincere. Really, as long as he could be helpful, he didn't mind what role he was assigned. What mattered was that it'd be a job well-done. 

Larstern   - Page 4 B8_1_010

"Oh! What a coincidence! Labby-chan and I were just talking about that too!"

Waving widely and bouncing, Teddie stepped up in front. 

"I'll let you know that I'm a very versatile bear myself! I'm great at healing and I give amazing support! I can keep track of enemies, or provide an emergency escape-rope when things get grizzly! Buuut!"

*plop!* His head came off. He stepped out of his suit and bowed.

Larstern   - Page 4 B8_11_10

"I can also hit beary hard with ice-spells and my claws! I'm just as flexible in fighting as I am in adorableness!" The blonde boy giggled. "Oh, that reminds me, we haven't properly introduced ourselves yet, have we? I'm Teddie! And the lovely maiden of might behind me is the lustrous Labby-chan! She's a real power-house all-around!"

"Since the Adventurer's Guild is as much a mercenary organization as it is anything else, veteran Adventurers found it wise to best organize themselves according to what role they take on best, that way they can more easily party up with each other. I might have something to help you out with organizing yourselves, or at least clear up what each role can do."

"Might be best to show it for those who are new to this Adventuring thing," Shadow mentioned. "Remilia, Vanitas, and I are all veterans of this stuff, but I think some of us don't know how it works."

The man nodded, pointing the team over to a video screen as he brought up a very specific video.

When the video finished, the man at the desk added, "If you want to be a tank, your job is to keep the enemy's aggro on yourself. Generally speaking, going for big, flashy weapons and heavy armor works best for that. Damage dealers take advantage of the tank's aggro to attack enemies from behind or other moments, doing their best to keep the aggro off of themselves. The healer's job is to keep everyone alive, usually through magic. If you have healing powers, this is probably the role for you."

Larstern   - Page 4 B8_14_10

"Oh!"

Teddie hit his palm with his fist.

"So your're saying, for example... If Labby-chan went all out, swinging her axe at the enemy, the enemy would try focusing on taking her down-first, so she can't defeat them anymore! But if I stand right behind her and keep healing and healing... She can just keep going and going, and the enemy will be distracted!! That's so smart!"

Larstern   - Page 4 Tumbl118

"Hey, don't only focus on your girlfriend. There's others you'll have to keep an eye on out there too. I doubt the Healer-to-Tank ratio in here is exactly 1:1. For example, Yukine and I only dish out, we don't recover. So if we have to fight in the frontlines, somebody will have to cover for us. We're pretty fast though, so we will be able to dodge a lot when it comes down to it as well."

At that Yukine raised a brow.

Larstern   - Page 4 Tumbl441

" 'Girlfriend'? You're sure about that, Yato? I mean, I'm pretty sure that kid is barely-"

But then Yukine saw the back of Teddie's head in front of him--

Larstern   - Page 4 Tumbl411

(...TALLER THAN ME...!?)

Despite of how childlike and frail he looked, Teddie was a good 10 centimeter taller than Yukine. Now, Yukine was dead, so he was never going to grow, no matter how old he got. Even after all that time, Yukine sometimes still forgot that fact. It frustrated him to no end. Right now, he glared at the back at the other, much more childish boy's head and growled.

(...B-But...I bet I'm a hell of a lot older and more experienced than him still! Probably!)

"...?"

The reaction went mostly over Sayaka's head. Madoka was her best friend, after all. She and Hitomi had been together most of the time. But there was the tipping point where Madoka was the only one that knew what she was going through and she could turn to.

Wait. That wasn't true. She started doing the same to Kyoko, didn't she? In fact, they at least were in the same situation together.

If only they have had more time... But it's not like she didn't have time with this Kyoko, from the looks of it. So Sayaka pulled herself together.

"Ah- My soul gem?"

She knew she could trust this one. Heck, this Kyoko trusted her more than the one from her world ever seemed to. So she searched her pocket and showed the gem.

Larstern   - Page 4 Sayaka59_zps4b452653

"Here you go."

Larstern   - Page 4 Sayaka_soulgem

As far as Soul Gems went, this one was pretty clean. There might be something lacking since they had undergone some fighting once they arrived in here, but for the most part, it was sparkling new.

Larstern   - Page 4 Kyouko15

"Huh! Looks pretty good still!" For some reason, Kyoko seemed pretty surprised by that. "Guess you had it recently cleaned, huh? Still, better safe than sorry... Hah! I knew I still had some stacked somewhere!"

Larstern   - Page 4 Kyouko13

"Here!"

She tossed Sayaka a few black cubes, three pieces. 

"You can keep those. Just for the case. Y'know how to use 'em? Even if you don't have Wraiths back where you're from, I'm sure you gotta have somethin' to get your magic back up after a fight, right?"

Last edited by Nenilein on Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Nenilein
Nenilein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by General Tommy Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:21 pm

The man behind the desk nodded. "Good to see you all understand your roles then," he mentioned. "So, Yato, Yukine, you two clearly work best as damage-dealers, same as Remilia, Shadow, and Vanitas. Joe, Bowser, Labrys, I'm assigning you three the Tank role due to being the most durable. Teddie, you're the healer. It's a bit of a lopsided party so far, with just one healer, but that's why we have Holy Drives."

The man reached for something behind the desk and pulled out a small, spherical device that had inscriptions written on it, mostly prayer verses. "These are Holy Drives. They were an invention of the Crusades, and I'll be damned if this wasn't the best thing that came out of that time period," the man explained. "These things are designed to let you cast Holy Magic on your own with no other requirements but pushing the button. If anyone ever needs to pull double-duty as a healer, you want to get your hands on some Holy Drives. I can lend you some basic healing Holy Drives if you need them, but anything beyond that you'll need to pay for it. Bayek, take 'em over to the quest board, get 'em a nice and easy assignment to start off."

Bayek nodded. "Of course," he replied. Then, looking at the others, he said, "Please, follow me." Bayek walked the group over to a large screen that had a wide variety of missions on it, each with a brief quest description next to them. "When working as an Adventurer, you pick the missions you feel most suited for. You should be careful, however, always pick a mission that you feel suits your team's talents. Not every quest requires combat, some may simply be helping others with deliveries or some other matter. They do not pay as well, but they are much less dangerous to the user."

Shadow crossed his arms, looking over the quest board. "What quests would you recommend for beginners?" he asked. "I'm sure we could handle a bigger quest, but best to work with something easy to start with." Bayek nodded, pointing to a few quests on the wall. The quests were as follows:

Quest: Undead Problem
Description: Some fools forgot to cremate the corpses of some monsters before the last Blood Moon, now we have some undead wandering around near the border of the Empire and the Confederation of Monsters. Someone, please, help us deal with this problem!
Location: Border of Astridian Empire and Confederation of Monsters.
Reward: 500 Gold, plus 400 if someone reminds whoever forgot to cremate those corpses about what happens when they don't cremate monster corpses.

Quest: Monster Raids
Description: Some Orcs and Goblins that haven't civilized themselves yet are raiding our merchant caravans and stealing our supplies. They're becoming a real nuisance now, but the Imperial Army's tied up in the rebel problem. We need some Adventurers to get rid of these raiders and retake our stolen goods. We'll compensate you for your work!
Reward: 600 Gold, portion of goods returned.

Quest: Pest Control
Description: I can't believe I actually have to say this, but someone's been leaving some rotten food nearby my house, and now I have to deal with Giant Rats. Rats, of all things! This is just like the start of a bad adventure tale. If you guys can get rid of these rats, and deal with that lout who's been leaving his garbage out, I'll pay you for it.
Reward: 400 Gold, plus 200 if the garbage problem is dealt with.

Quest: Bandits!
Description: Dammit, some folks have been taking advantage of the Rebellion and have been raiding some poorly-defended villages, stealing everything that's not nailed down and killing the people who resist! I need some brave Adventurers to find that Bandit Hideout and clear it out, make sure they never threaten our town again!
Location: Astridian Empire, where the United Lands of Aditari once had its capital.
Reward: 500 Gold, plus whatever's in the hideout as a bonus.

Bayek then added, "Any one of these quests would do to start with. I will happily join you on whichever one you pick."

Karax shook his head. "That was...not a very motivational speech," he commented. "That came across more as you rubbing your achievements in Nora's face since she clearly wanted to help and we surpassed her designs. What you did sounded more as if you were boasting about our accomplishments than attempting to assuage her frustration at the topic at hand."

The banker looked over the currency. "Ah, pgs. Not often I see this coin around here," he admitted. "Let's see now, that's 3 pgs to 1 Astridian Gold...That gives us a fraction, so let's round that one up to the next decimal...that's 66,667 Gold from you, Agnes. Anybody else have some coin to add?"
General Tommy
General Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:34 am

Larstern   - Page 4 KsMvU2u

"Tank, huh? Well, my ax is pretty huge enough to be noticed, and since I'm made of metal... I guess I could do that."
She turned to Teddie with a chuckle. "Well that settles it, you're paired with me. Now what do you want to do on the list?"

Not far from the Adventurer's Guild, two more adventurers appeared in the beds of an inn. One of them was a woman clad in a blue dress, the other a man in dark gray robes. Resting against the headboard of the woman's bed was a staff, ornate in design, that had a glowing red gem at its core. Likewise, the man's tome is close to his side on a night stand.
Peachy
Peachy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:24 pm

The man behind the desk nodded.  "Good to see you all understand your roles then," he mentioned.  "So, Yato, Yukine, you two clearly work best as damage-dealers, same as Remilia, Shadow, and Vanitas.  Joe, Bowser, Labrys, I'm assigning you three the Tank role due to being the most durable.  Teddie, you're the healer.  It's a bit of a lopsided party so far, with just one healer, but that's why we have Holy Drives."

The man reached for something behind the desk and pulled out a small, spherical device that had inscriptions written on it, mostly prayer verses.  "These are Holy Drives.  They were an invention of the Crusades, and I'll be damned if this wasn't the best thing that came out of that time period," the man explained.  "These things are designed to let you cast Holy Magic on your own with no other requirements but pushing the button.  If anyone ever needs to pull double-duty as a healer, you want to get your hands on some Holy Drives.  I can lend you some basic healing Holy Drives if you need them, but anything beyond that you'll need to pay for it.  Bayek, take 'em over to the quest board, get 'em a nice and easy assignment to start off."

"I'll be taking one of these, thank you!" Yato said, swiping himself a drive. "This piece of holy magic is now dedicated to the rising cult of Yatoism!"

Larstern   - Page 4 Tumbl424

"Great idea. It's gonna be real helpful to have something to help us recover mid-battle."

Quest: Undead Problem
Description: Some fools forgot to cremate the corpses of some monsters before the last Blood Moon, now we have some undead wandering around near the border of the Empire and the Confederation of Monsters.  Someone, please, help us deal with this problem!
Location: Border of Astridian Empire and Confederation of Monsters.
Reward: 500 Gold, plus 400 if someone reminds whoever forgot to cremate those corpses about what happens when they don't cremate monster corpses.

Larstern   - Page 4 Tumbl104

"Undead, huh...?"

Yato shudders a little at the title. It reminds him of his encounter with Izanami in the underworld. He pulls his scarf a little tighter. Well, at least this mission seems pretty familiar in structure. Nothing they can't handle. Yukine seemed to agree.

Larstern   - Page 4 Tumbl403

"So, basically, it's just like Phantoms, but with a physical form, right?" Yukine crossed his arms. "We can take that one. Especially because I'd honestly really like to give whoever didn't give those dead a proper burial a piece of my mind myself..."

Of course, that specific issue was rather personal to Yukine, and Yato understood.

Larstern   - Page 4 Tumbl118

"'Aight, Zombie-hunting it is! Hey, Mister Guild Leader, we got our pick!" Yato waved his hand in the air. 

Peachy wrote:Larstern   - Page 4 KsMvU2u

"Tank, huh? Well, my ax is pretty huge enough to be noticed, and since I'm made of metal... I guess I could do that."
She turned to Teddie with a chuckle. "Well that settles it, you're paired with me. Now what do you want to do on the list?"

Larstern   - Page 4 B8_7_010

"...!" 

Teddie, back in his fur now, just shudders at the list. Everything on it seems rather unpleasant. Undead? Monsters? Giant Rats? B-Bandits!?

Ungh, no, he couldn't back down now! What would Labrys think! Worse yet, what would everyone think? He was strong too! So if he wanted everyone to know that (including himself) he had to learn to stand his ground! Alrighty, then...

"HMMM....!!"

Now, what to pick...?

"...The rats!" Teddie announced. "We had little mice at Junes once - ah, oops, nobody was supposed to know that - AAAANYWAY, we got rid of those beary quickly, and how different can that be! Pest-control squad, away!!"

Karax shook his head.  "That was...not a very motivational speech," he commented.  "That came across more as you rubbing your achievements in Nora's face since she clearly wanted to help and we surpassed her designs.  What you did sounded more as if you were boasting about our accomplishments than attempting to assuage her frustration at the topic at hand."

Larstern   - Page 4 11010

".............."

Peridot is just sitting on the floor. Stunned. How. HOW? Was this? Happening? AGAIN?

"But... But... But... I....!!"

She gestures more than she talks. Finally, She just bonks her head into the ground and groans. 

Larstern   - Page 4 1111

"WHY! IS SOCIAL INTERACTION! SO! NEEDLESSLY! COMPLICATED!?"
Nenilein
Nenilein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by General Tommy Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:34 pm

Shadow looked over his options. Looks like the team was splitting up already. "I'm gonna deal with those undead," he declared. "Best we deal with that problem swiftly."

Joe looked over his options. "I'll join the undead party as your tank," he declared. "Since Teddie's our only healer, we'll either need to recruit another healer or use Holy Drives to keep ourselves patched up."

Bayek nodded. "Then I suppose that I shall help deal with the rats then," he declared. "Vanitas, Remilia, where do you two wish to go between these two missions?"

Winston was the first one to awaken in the inn between the two Adventurers. He was quick to notice that this was not where the two of them were last stationed, and he quickly grabbed his Grimoire and summoned the Titan-Agi as backup. Winston then walked around the room before spotting Dagger. "Dagger," he said. "Phew, this is a relief. Wake up Dagger, it looks like we're not where we were before."

Karax nodded. "It is no easy task to speak with others, this is true," he mentioned. "I would suggest being more mindful of both your intonation and word choice when speaking with others, as that seems to be where your issue resides."
General Tommy
General Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum