Case Files Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temple of Astrid

4 posters

Go down

Temple of Astrid Empty Temple of Astrid

Post by General Tommy Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:53 am

This building dominates the skyline of Larstern, being 20 square kilometers in size. At the entrance to the temple lie two statues of Astrid, arms wide open as if to welcome all those who wish to enter. The inside of the temple seems to be a cross between a Gothic Cathedral and a Castle, though perhaps the term "Palace" is more accurate. There are high, vaulted ceilings, stained glass windows, and shrines to Astrid dotting the building. In addition, there are clerics walking around, dressed in either plain white robes, what's obviously a sleeveless Final Fantasy White Mage robe, or more elaborate robes. The interior is patrolled by members of the Imperial Army, the Templar, and the Daughters of Astrid all at once.

The Throne Room is where one can usually find Astrid, who sits upon a stone throne. In this room, stained glass windows line the walls depicting Astrid's life, including one wall that seems to be dedicated entirely to Astrid's return and casting down a wicked, corrupt cleric. Astrid appears to not be able to look at this wall for long.

In the rest of the temple lie rooms of all kinds. A massive dining hall, recreational rooms that have hot springs, pools, games, movies, even a spa, or perhaps the workout rooms, with weights of all kinds suits your needs? There are plenty of spare bedrooms to rest in, even an armory for soldiers. All are welcome within these walls, so long as one does not cause trouble while present.

Events that have transpired here previously include Astrid explaining the situation to everyone, the team splitting into two groups, uncovering the location of the first Key Shard (New Vegas), Yato and Yukine uncovering Astrid's involvement in everything, the explanation of the strategic issues of Terra Ancora, and the introduction of the Time Patrol Trio, Inquisitor Ramalies, and Techpriest Leonardo.
General Tommy
General Tommy

Back to top Go down

Temple of Astrid Empty Re: Temple of Astrid

Post by Wolf Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:49 pm

Wolf found himself lounging in one of the rooms of the temple with his wife, Yuki having practically draped herself on him. Kissing her, Wolf looked up upon seeing Astrid walk in.

"Hey." He said, smiling at the goddess. Another further set of footsteps signified more people coming in. That would be the owner of Scorpio Armoury, Orthrus Black.

"Lady Astrid." The gunsmith nodded to her, "If I may be so bold... I believe we could be of use to you...."
Wolf
Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by General Tommy Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:01 pm

Astrid turned and looked at Orthus. She had gone to speak with Wolf over some matters, but now she found herself sidetracked with these gunsmiths. "Ah, Sir Orthus," Astrid admitted. " It's good to see you here. You're here about that foundry you wanted, right? I believe I have some territory opening up for that foundry now, though it'll be off-world. We're converting the 4th planet from the sun into a planet-wide foundry to outfit the war effort. You can probably set up some Scorpio Armory Foundries in there."
General Tommy
General Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:19 am

"That will do." Orthrus nodded to Astrid, "Thank you, Lady Astrid. Now, since Wolf is here, I think we all need to discuss something."

Wolf looked to Astrid.

"With your permission, Astrid, I would like to add soldiers from the BEA to the already sizable BEA garrison here." he said, "For protection purposes... we need to protect Terra Ancora from the forces brought about by the Paradox."

"With the nature of the BEA as one of the largest military forces in this Coalition, it would only be a small portion." Orthrus said, "We'd still have enough soldiers to help with the war effort, but the Forces of Chaos are unpredictable at best. They might attack here. We need to strengthen any and all defenses, magical or otherwise. We do not wish to cause any trouble, as once the conflict with the rebels and Chaos is over... we will reduce the garrison size."

"Also, we wish to to open up our home planet and the empire to the Adventurer's Guild." Wolf said, "I know that previously, I said no to that, but with the BEA tied up in this conflict fighting enemy forces and garrisoning our fortress and factory worlds, that has led to monsters and bandits going rampant in our civilian worlds. We would like to set up bounties for the Guild to help deal with those for weapons and money as payment."
Wolf
Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by General Tommy Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:42 pm

Astrid nodded. "Both of those seem acceptable to me," she answered. "Setting up the Guild in Bouzac territory would help alleviate some of the stress going on there, and we need all the forces we can get for the war. I'll be sure to talk with the local Guildmaster about establishing the Guild elsewhere then."
General Tommy
General Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:09 am

"Alright. I will notify the generals posthaste." Orthrus said, "Those troops will be transported shortly to the BEA base on the outskirts of town."

With his business concluded, Orthrus left. Wolf and Yuki, still lounging in the room, looked to Astrid.

"How are you, Astrid?" Wolf said, "I know you're a goddess and are supposed to be immune to such things, but you look tired."
Wolf
Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by General Tommy Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:33 pm

Was she tired? Well, there were an awful lot of people to attend to, so she probably did feel some exhaustion. Of course, the bigger issue was the Paradox in the end, given how it was a reality-threatening event. "I'm fine," she replied, shrugging off her exhaustion. "Nothing that I haven't dealt with before, save the Paradox. That's going to be one tough thing to deal with."
General Tommy
General Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by MF217 Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:44 pm

The loud, thunderous stomping of an disgruntled Cybertronian could be heard approaching the front door; realizing the door was too small for obvious reasons, Grimlock slammed his fist against the front wall of the building as if trying to knock for someone to notice him and let him in without breaking something.
MF217
MF217

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:04 pm

Wolf and Yuki both jumped, looking to the entrance of the building.

"What the fuck was that?" Wolf asked, going to grab his guns, "Okay, that didn't sound good..."
Wolf
Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by General Tommy Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:09 am

Astrid sighed. "Probably someone else who wants to know what's going on," she replied, teleporting herself over to the entrance next to Grimlock. Looking him up and down, Astrid decided to levitate herself up to eye level with the transformer. "Yo! Welcome to my temple! Name's Astrid Cailmel, Goddess of Light! You need something, friend?"
General Tommy
General Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by MF217 Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:40 pm

"Yeah; let me in. The door is too small." Grimlock says in a gruff, disgruntled voice as he seems rather bored with what was going on at the moment.
MF217
MF217

Back to top Go down

Post by General Tommy Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:09 pm

Astrid nodded. "That's the door for human-sized beings," she mentioned. "We have other entrances for beings as large as yourself or even larger." A green arrow appeared to lead Grimlock over to the Titan-sized entrance. "Just follow the green arrow and you'll reach your destination just fine. Don't worry about the ceilings either, they're high up enough to accommodate your height."
General Tommy
General Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by MF217 Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:28 pm

Grimlock, not even bothering to question why exactly a green arrow appeared out of thin air, simply grumbled a bit as he stomped towards the titan-sized entrance, in which Grimlock opened the door in a bit of a brutish fashion. Grabbing them by the middle and pulling them open with his immense strength, Grimlock moved back behind him and pulled them back into place the best he could as he finally was inside.

"Been told to come here to seek someone named Astrid out; do you know of this being?" Grimlock asks Astrid; his knowledge on organics too primitive to truly comprehend he was talking directly to the face of the very being he was told to search out for in this temple.
MF217
MF217

Back to top Go down

Post by General Tommy Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:41 pm

"That'd be me!" Astrid replied. "What brings ya to my temple?" Astrid didn't seem bothered by the fact that Grimlock was having trouble recognizing her, this was the first time they met, after all. Granted, this temple was pretty huge, so best that she answer Grimlock's question before it's too late.
General Tommy
General Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:57 pm

Wolf went over to look at what was going on, and upon seeing Grimlock, his eyes went huge, and his mouth went slack. The Cybertronian was huge.... but what made him even cooler was the very T. Rex-like ornamentation. Yuki followed him, and facepalmed.

"Astrid, I forgot to mention... my husband is a dinosaur fanboy." Yuki said.

"Wait a second... he doesn't look like the Grimlock figure I have." Wolf said after a moment, "Where's the halves of the T-rex head on his shoulders?"

Wolf looked at Grimlock's features, very confused.

"Not all the transformers look like the action figures you own, you nerd." Yuki teased, kissing Wolf's cheek.
Wolf
Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by MF217 Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:21 pm

Grimlock had no idea what exactly Wolf and Yuki were going on about, but it appears they were discussing his dino mode based off of the files he had found for his whole team when infiltrating Shockwave's lab. Then it quickly donned upon him that he had been starring Astrid right in the face the whole time, and how Grimlock is here, his team nowhere to be found, the fact this isn't Cybertron and all of this information and confusion happening all at once, far too fast for Grimlock's simple mind to handle. With haste, he slams his arms into the ground as they form theropod legs, his robot mode legs forming into his tail, his Tyrannosaurus arms and head emerging from his back as he roars directly in Astrid's face.

"Where are my friends?!?!" Grimlock roars to Astrid, demanding the answer practically since he was too busy enraged over the prospect he feels like he had missed who knows how long of time unconscious, and the jovial, nonchalant exchanges with these organics didn't exactly give Grimlock any immediate ideas that whatever had happened to him when the space bridge collapsed wasn't exactly normal.
MF217
MF217

Back to top Go down

Post by General Tommy Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:30 pm

"I hate to say this, Grimlock, but your friends aren't here on Terra Ancora," she explained, seemingly unbothered by Grimlock's rage. "You've been brought here to help deal with an interdimensional crisis that, if left unchecked, could spell the end of all worlds. Your friends are safe back home, but I don't know when you'll be able to see them again. I'm sorry that this happened so suddenly, Grimlock, and I would like to return you home, but the Paradox must be dealt with first. Would you be willing to help us deal with this problem?"
General Tommy
General Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicornfire Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:52 am

Feeling anxious and on edge, Shuichi finally found himself at the foot of the Temple - or, at least, what he assumed was the Temple. The large statues and stained glass windows seemed to indicate it was, at the very least, some sort of holy site.

Temple of Astrid Dangan18

(Well... Here goes nothing, I suppose. I better actually get some clear answers, otherwise I feel like I really might snap...)

He stepped into the Temple, and with the overwhelming size of the room he found himself in, he suddenly wasn't sure of what he was going to do now. Should he just wander in unannounced? Was this someone home's, a place of worship, something else? So, Shuichi thus decided to do the logical thing and call out for the person he was here for in the first place in hopes that one of the white robed people (priests?) running around could help him.

Temple of Astrid Dangan19

"Hello? Is there a Lady Astrid here with whom I may speak?"
Unicornfire
Unicornfire

Back to top Go down

Post by General Tommy Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:54 am

As if in response to that question, Astrid's voice entered Shuichi's head. "Geez, lots of new people around here. Ah, sorry, but I've got to deal with another guy right now, so I can't be physically present to speak with you. I'll be happy to answer any questions you have this way though!" The fact that this was clear telepathy entering his mind probably made it clear that Astrid wasn't an ordinary person.
General Tommy
General Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicornfire Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:06 am

The sudden boom of a woman's voice in his head startled Shuichi so badly he couldn't help but cry out.

Temple of Astrid Dangan20

"GAH! What the heck?!" (Is this... Is someone sending a message directly into my head?!)

Any doubt that he was in a world of magic finally dispelled, which somehow was both a relief and a source of further stress. Trying to collect himself, Shuichi replied.

Temple of Astrid Dangan21

"T-This is Lady Astrid, I presume?"

He paused for a moment, a thought hitting him as the white robed people around him began to give him odd looks.

Temple of Astrid Dangan22

"...Should I speak to you out loud or can you read my thoughts?"
Unicornfire
Unicornfire

Back to top Go down

Post by MF217 Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:21 pm

It didn't take long for things to click in Grimlock's head, considering how fresh the memories were; the Space Bridge Shockwave had built would've had similar effects to what Astrid is describing. Normally, an interdimensional Space Bridge is unheard of, but the technology used in said Space Bridges can allow for such things to occur if merely by a programming error, or, so the rumors he had been told as mere "ghost stories" he knew. However, it very much appears in Grimlock's thoughts as he tries to process Astrid's words that, whether or not Shockwave was to blame for this, that perhaps Shockwave's Space Bridge played a factor as to how Grimlock wound up here. However...

"How do you know my friends are safe...?" Grimlock asks Astrid; his voice angry still, but much more noticeably calmer in tone.
MF217
MF217

Back to top Go down

Post by General Tommy Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:04 pm

Answering Shuichi, Astrid's telepathic message stated, "Well, you could keep speaking out loud if you like looking like a crazy guy, doesn't matter to me any. I can read your thoughts though, don't worry."

Then, to Grimlock, Astrid explained, "Let's just say that my powers allow me to see things well beyond what's right in front of my face. It's not hard for me to check up on your friends this way."
General Tommy
General Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicornfire Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:49 am

Shuichi sighed. As the kind of guy who spends most of his time wrapped up in his inner thoughts, he didn't much appreciate the invasion of privacy. At least now people would stop looking at him so weirdly.

Temple of Astrid Dangan25

(Mind-reading... Okay. I'll work with that, I guess.)

Temple of Astrid Dangan26

(Do you mind telling me more about this place? Lastern, I think? It might sound kind of odd, but I just woke up here about an hour ago with no clue where I was and everything is... very different from what I am used to, to put it lightly. The person who directed here to this temple made it sound as though I am not the only one in this sort of situation, so I suppose this probably comes as no surprise to you.)

He paused for a moment.

Temple of Astrid Dangan24

(And do you mind also telling me a little more about yourself? Considering you can read my mind from a distance, I'm guessing you're no ordinary person.)
Unicornfire
Unicornfire

Back to top Go down

Post by General Tommy Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:11 am

"Larstern's the capital city of my Empire," Astrid answered.  "The Astridian Empire's only been around for like, a decade or two now, but it covers about half the world thanks to my previous Hierarch Rebecca engaging in Crusades in my name when I wasn't looking, intending to subjugate or destroy anyone who didn't worship me.  I came back, kicked her off the throne, and took over the Empire since that was kinda not what I teach or agree with.  Rebecca's currently on a redemption quest to repent for her sins.

"And if that didn't clue ya in, allow me to formally introduce myself.  My name is Astrid Cailmel, Goddess of Light.  Welcome to my temple.  As for what's going on, that's going to be a lot of words to explain things and I feel like I shouldn't give such an exposition dump in one post alone.  I'm gonna let ya get a reply in, then I'll begin the exposition dump."
General Tommy
General Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum