The General Roleplay

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down

Re: The General Roleplay

Post by Nenilein on Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:17 pm

Doctor Flashback wrote:
((Tl;dr, the Master worked with the Doctor when he first got to the Dark Future but they had an argument which resulted in the Master falling and regenerating, only his body was technically his 13th and final one meaning he could not regenerate and is turned into a skeletal corpselike being, living on through malice against the Doctor, crash landing in the city and waiting for vengeance.))

Now, Lynne doesn't know a lot about Timelords and Daleks and that World-Ender mumbo-jumbo. However, what she can glean from the conversation is that the skeleton man here is not an ally. At best, he's a backstabber. At worst, he'll probably stab them right from the front, with 50 knives and a ninja star or something. That alone is enough to make Lynne snap to alertness. She draws her gun... But of course, it's been dismantled. 

(Ungh...! Now, of all times...!)

Change of plans, then. She takes a stance. Maybe those mandatory self-defense classes they make you take at the academy will come in handy for once?

"Listen, I don't know what's going on here, but if you want to fight, maybe don't. Those 'Dalek'-things that helped doing you in the last time are swarming outside. Maybe you'd appreciate a little help in getting out of here? I mean, I don't know about you, but I wouldn't wanna be stuck down here for the rest of my life, would you?

The diplomatic approach. Don't aggitate the aggressor. Trying to reason first is always important. At least that's how the force is supposed to do it... This was an alien though... Was it going to work?

*Seeing Frisk at the door but not wanting to leave the Master unwatched, the Doctor hands something over to Lynne.*

It seems our friend has returned to us Lynne. Could you possibly let them in?

Just hold the button down and press it to the control panel by the door to open it. Then after everyone's inside again, the same button held to the control panel should lock it.

It won't hold forever, but it should buy us some time.

"Huh."
Lynne took a closer look at the item the Doctor had handed her, turning it in what little light there was in the room in order to get a better look at it.

"Sure, I can try. Even if I don't exactly know how this is supposed to work..."

She made her way for the controls to do as he said. And she did.

"Hmmm..."

Well, although the Mighty Plumber hadn't seen any other Dandelions around, of either the flower or the person variety, this sounded like a grade-A sidequest. And he never turned down an extra star or two, or whatever reward there happened to be in store this time around. 

He needed something to do anyways, given that this was the closest thing he'd seen to a plot. 
Now then, where to start looking... 

"Okey, let's-a-go!"

Turning on a dime, the world's jumpiest man promptly began diving (and somersaulting) off in a seemingly random direction, confident that the plot would revolve around him as always. But he seemed to know where he was going?

Oh! Why, would you look at that! Seems like he somehow actually understood what she meant. Well, that was progress. Finally this was going somewhere! Her Keyblade hidden away, she chased after the averagely mighty plumber and his surprisingly fitness-indicating speed. 

Marisa:

"So here's the bit that's got me really confused. If this ink isn't harmful to squid things, how do you fight with it?"

Byakuren:

"I think, just perhaps, maybe that's not the most pressing issue at hand. And isn't this sort of your fault?"

Marisa:

"Huh, well... I guess you're probably right."

Marina didn't react too much to being called a "squid". Honestly, at this point she was kind of used to being mistaken for an Inkling even back home, even though her and Pearl weren't exactly making a secret of her heritage. Still, this whole situation was so confounding. She was with people who didn't grasp the concept of a turf war. When had there last been anything like that in the world?

"Umm... How do you explain that? Well, ink can contain different chemicals, I guess, and we can control what sort of ink we produce. That changes the color of the ink, too. But if you're inked- that means, covered in a kind of ink that you're not producing yourself right now - it messes with the ink-pressure of your body and you'll get splatted... That's when you're body despawns, you know? And well, that *is* kind of lethal, usually... But we have precautions to make sure people don't get seriously hurt during a turf war! I mean, that's what the spawn-points are for... Ungh... I'm such a mess here..."

Marisa:

"Doesn't look like I've got any magic for making spirits come back to life - but that ain't surprising, since dying is kind of a big deal, even here."

Marisa:

"You acted like you can do that, though, where you're from. Is that right?"

Marisa:

(A sustainable, clean way of coming back from the dead? Duh, no way I'm gonna miss a chance like this.)

Marina's ghost nodded its tiny octopus head. 

"The spawn points are charged with one specific kind of ink. If your body gets splatted, your ghost can still  come back there and reform the body from the ink. It takes a bit of time, but that only adds challenge to the sport, you know! Though, I hear the spawn-points were originally developed as a medical tool to counter mass-destructive ink weapon during the Great Turf War... Well, nowadays they're mostly used for sport in Inkopolis, in any case. It's safe if there's an active spawn-point around, for the most part. Save of anybody destroying the point, of course. But that's against the rules. Duh."

She really kind of was getting into explaining the mechanics here. in fact, her eyes shone and gleamed a bit as she went on about the spawn-points a bit as

"Spawn-points actually need to have an electric charge in them at all time, or the ink-pressure will collapse and render the point unusable. Isn't that fascinating? That's why mobile spawn-points are so volatile! If you don't know how to mess with them right, reprogramming them can really cut their life-span short! Oh, and that's not even talking about the logistics of powering the point in the first place, and the humming noise it makes, which can tick off enemies with sufficient spy-gear to locate them quite easily, and---"

Careful, you guys. Super nerd here. This rant could go on for a while. 

"You did seem like a menace at first. But if that's no longer the case, then we can figure something out. Despite what that ordinary magician said, this place feels like it has too much magic not to have a solution. And the ink helped you, so... maybe if we found some more-"

She did look on to the entrance of Kasen, and when she mentioned she might be able to help, IF brought in Marina closer.

She snapped out of her nerd rant at the mention of getting back to normal and focused on IF. 

"Oh, definitely! If I had some more of my ink color, I could probably reform my body! It'd... take a while tho."

Marina pondered a little.

"Hm... My last color was teal. That's not a very popular color... Then again, ink never lasts long out in the open air in general, so we'd need someone to generate some in first place. And that'd mean finding an Inkling... Well, or another Octoling, but---"

She trailed off back into a mumble.

"I doubt another Octoling would help me... Not a traitor..."

"Still... This place is pretty big... But why do they have those oddly dressed guys skulking around like they own they place? You'd think they'd be in well... Uniform?"

Trucy was smiling, of course, but she mentally agreed. The whole thing was kind of... unnerving.

"Hey, Polly... Let's stay on guard." she whispered to her brother. "You know what they say about performing on a new stage for the first time? Be prepared for everything... Like some unexpected cameos."

"That's a matter for another time, for now, you should join me. I can't hold this elevator any longer. Or do you prefer to be left behind along with these mooks?"

"I'll go first!" Trucy skipped over to the man, using her dexterity to get out with ease.

The most sexy tan teenager loomed above the beginning battle, sharply training his eyes on the participants in front of him. He strokes his chin, intrigued by the display.

"Huh. Kaiba and Bandit Keith. I always knew the fangirls were into odd pairings, but I have to admit, this one is new even to me! Say, Kaiba, what do you call this matchup? CapistalistShipping, maybe? Pacific Trade Agreement? Or maybe something more tactful like "Really, really big Egoshipping"?"

For this is what card games were all about. Dan Green throwing shade. There is no other way to play card games. Even those Dan Green is not involved in.

Admin

View user profile http://nenilein.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AmeftoWriter on Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:32 pm

Regiwi wrote:

Being just a visitor in the past to this place wouldn't be anything you'd need to hide would it Archie? So, why did you lie to us?

"Nothin' wrong with a little shake on the ship to steel them sea legs right? Y'all know that we're in a different world from yer on. Nothing wrong with showing the beauty of Pokemon to all of ya! Heck, the artist here got so engrossed, that he forgot about me..."

"...."

" 'Am just glad all of ya finally got a chance to see this marvel. There's so much water Pokemon in here, its beautiful..."

Maybe someone will notice, or maybe not... but somehow a few Sharpedos swam just behind Archie and glared at the group menacingly...

AmeftoWriter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi on Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:36 pm

AmeftoWriter wrote:
"Nothin' wrong with a little shake on the ship to steel them sea legs right? Y'all know that we're in a different world from yer on. Nothing wrong with showing the beauty of Pokemon to all of ya! Heck, the artist here got so engrossed, that he forgot about me..."

They are, well, pretty breathtaking.
Maybe someone will notice, or maybe not... but somehow a few Sharpedos swam just behind Archie and glared at the group menacingly...
*The sight of the sharks made Phoenix take a slight step back, standing closer to Trucy now without really thinking.*

!
(Are... are they looking at us?)
---------------------------------------------------------
The Future. wrote:

"Listen, I don't know what's going on here, but if you want to fight, maybe don't. Those 'Dalek'-things that helped doing you in the last time are swarming outside. Maybe you'd appreciate a little help in getting out of here? I mean, I don't know about you, but I wouldn't wanna be stuck down here for the rest of my life, would you?

Escape? No... it's too late for that now. I may have survived this past year, but I hardly have the strength now for long escapades.

The thought of vengeance has spurred me on but... I still have lost most of my stamina now. The Daleks as you mention patrol the sewers, so I have had little chance to move out of this room. It takes a lot of effort to simply get out of this chair now.

So that's all you've thought about? Wasted your time on vengeance? Even for you... it's rather obsessive.

"Huh."
Lynne took a closer look at the item the Doctor had handed her, turning it in what little light there was in the room in order to get a better look at it.

"Sure, I can try. Even if I don't exactly know how this is supposed to work..."

She made her way for the controls to do as he said. And she did.
*The door opens letting Frisk and the rest enter.*

You overestimate your value to me Doctor. That is not... all I've been doing this past year.

*He presses something, turning on a monitor built into the wall. After a brief screen with something saying 'Haltmann Works' or something pops up it then switches to another screen.*

What's this?

Research.

*The Doctor moves over to look at the screen closer. All sorts of numbers and letters most likely incomprehensible to the others run across it.*

You've... been trying to locate the exact point where everything deviated?

You must be able to sense it the same as I Doctor. Everything in this future... is infected. The results of a timeline created by a paradox. By narrowing down the genetic makeup of beings in this time I thought I would be able to pinpoint the exact moment things deviated off course.

Yes, it's rather extraordinary work. How did you study the makeup o-

*He looks over at the pile of bones in the corner.*

Can you ever do anything without killing?

I had little chance simply asking them Doctor. Look at me. But... it was not enough it seems. I believe the only way we can really narrow down the source is to get the genetic code of a being from before the point where things deviated from their correct course.

And being Timelords, our own genetic code would not help.

Indeed. You usually have a few spares around, are any of this filthy group pets who've been travelling with you and are from before things deviated?

*The Doctor pauses from a moment, looking away from the screen to the group before looking back.*

...No, everyone here I've met in this time, no one travelled here with me.

....A pity, it could be the key to stopping all of this.

Yes well, we'll just have to find another way.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by General Tommy on Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:48 pm

Alexis could tell that it was time for Archie to spring his trap. He grasped the grip of Breidablik carefully, running over possible Heroes to summon. He did have his old standby team in the event that these sharks were pretty strong, so he was ready to summon them when needed. He knew what was going to come next, and he was going to be ready.

Vespus grimaced. It was true that there could be more intel here. "Well, looks like we have work ahead of us," he declared. "I doubt there will be much intel in here, so we should try and escape this room when possible."
General Tommy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha on Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:10 am

Archie wrote:

" 'Am just glad all of ya finally got a chance to see this marvel. There's so much water Pokemon in here, its beautiful..."

"Yes, nothing wrong indeed. But aren't we missing the point here?"

"The question isn't what you wanted to show us here," Mia eyed the shark lookalikes, "but whether you knew what was waiting for us here. And I don't mean only these strange creatures.

So, Archie? Are you telling us the reason why you needed to lie about never being here before, or do we need to break the truth out of you?"
Jessica Ilha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aliucon on Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:33 am

Weiss took a more passive stance for the moment in the interaction involving the Doctor and the Master. While she had followed enough of it earlier, it would be far-fetched to say she got much more than Lynne by the end. She still made sure to be with rapier in hand and mostly in front of line at all times. The latest statements, however, did produce a reaction.

Regiwi wrote:
I had little chance simply asking them Doctor. Look at me. But... it was not enough it seems. I believe the only way we can really narrow down the source is to get the genetic code of a being from before the point where things deviated from their correct course.

And being Timelords, our own genetic code would not help.

Indeed. You usually have a few spares around, are any of this filthy group pets who've been travelling with you and are from before things deviated?

*The Doctor pauses from a moment, looking away from the screen to the group before looking back.*

...No, everyone here I've met in this time, no one travelled here with me.

"...!"

Research. On how to stop all this from happening? He had admitted there was no way he could escape, but he was still interested in knowing what caused the world to end up like this in the first place. And they were supposed to be able to go across time, or at least she knew that the Doctor was, based on his ship. So was there hope? Or was he just clinging to whatever was at hand while descending into madness.

Yang... Ruby...

If there was a possibility to have changed their fates, she'd have jumped on it.

... Come to think of it...

Flashback wrote:

"Plus, you've already made it pretty obvious to me that you're not a normal human, so why would you age like one? I don't think that's a big mystery."

Lynne's insight is truly marvelous.

"Also, we're time traveling, so... that's a thing too," she added mumbling.

-------------------------------

"Oh my gods, what is going on!? Why did we even come here? We can't change anything like this! Sissel isn't even here! All we did was get someone killed! There's nothing we can do! N-Nothing...!"

That hadn't been exactly behavior of someone from this time. And Lynne hadn't seen her before... or it had been so long ago that she didn't remember.

"..."

She looked up to the Doctor. She didn't want to call his attention so much as look at him. And think.

"Hey, I see someone!"

Tenshi was en-route, and her approach actually gave her a decent view of someone standing in front of the shrine.

Regiwi wrote:

Unusually, it was a guy. She couldn't tell what race just from looking, but it definitely seemed inhuman.

Tenshi slowed her pace, still trusting Shion to be right behind, and hovered towards Arlon with a condescending smile.

"Wow. First person from this mysterious new shrine looks real weird. Classy style, though! The mustache really makes the whole visual!"

"But let's get to business! I'm not in the mood to fool around when there's new, creepy people around!"

"I'm Tenshi Hinanawi, and I represent the celestials! You are tainting the soil of Gensokyo with your presence! In the name of the sky, we shall alleviate you from your riches as punishment!"

Despite the aggressive tone, she didn't move before hearing Arlon out. She seemed genuinely curious about hearing what so strange a man was like.

The Spy looked on as the non-human left their presence with a smirk on his face. He did follow along as the woman in the group joined and completed the cure much better than he could. He was no Medic, after all. He gave her a short bow.

"Mademoiselle, your efforts are appreciated."

Regiwi wrote:
...Well guess that answers your question about the others. So what now? Do we even know what we're meant to get from this train?

In response, the Spy checked his cigarette case once more.

"This operation is unique in that it doesn't state the end goal. That is, if you received the same contract as I have." He snapped it shut and pocketed again, gesturing slightly to his friend. "If you have, then I suggest to stick with the best plan for it. My instructions were just to hold the perimeter once the train stopped for as long as possible. Our furry friend may be jumpy, but he has the right idea."

Usually he was more discrete about what his work would entail, especially if there was a possibility of another Spy involved in the endeavor, but he was very curious himself about whether the discrepancy was a thing or not.

"If the train has any important cargo, however... It'd be good to check, wouldn't it? If we're dealing with explosives, for example, we shouldn't dally inside the train."

*Meanwhile, above ground*

Looker did the best he could to direct the Doctor around the roads. The car was bustling with energy, which was always encouraging, and it'd have been a pleasant drive of a few minutes despite whatever dread awaited them in the other side... Had it not been for whatever the Doctor done on the dashboard. No Man's City was a big and lively city, yet suddenly there were no cars in the streets, and the speed at which they were going was just barely slow enough that he could give directions before having to issue another one in the next seconds.

"After the next curve, stop! We'll be as ready as we can get safely. If Zinnia had said anything, maybe we could go further, but-"

As he said so, the vision of the entrance might be apparent enough that they had a plainer view of someone who seemed proud enough to hold the high ground over his opponent. And was apparently trying to smash into him with her Pokémon of choice.

"Is Zinnia fighting? Did she get discovered?"

---

Marina's long rant about the sport was informative, but hard to follow, mainly because IF felt contradicted in some points. She did admit that splatting could usually be lethal even to themselves, but they take precautions on her turf. That still would mean she willingly shot poisonous ink against them. The whole sport seemed more like a blood sport- kind of like a coliseum. Then again, those were still entertaining enough: there were arenas in Gamindustri as well.

For now, IF decided she could believe Marina still had no malice on what she did. Though their chances of healing her body weren't looking high.

"Teal, huh. I wonder if Dogoos would work... But yeah, no way is there going to be someone out there with buckets of teal ink to spare. I think it'd be easier to find someone like that which you mentioned. Unless, like me, you and your kind are... very new to these surroundings. In which case, I dunno what to tell you."

Thinking about it for a while, IF shifted her gaze to Lonk.

"Hero? That thing which you gave me to drink... It managed to heal me to full health. What was that, exactly?"
Aliucon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi on Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:06 am

Aliucon wrote:

"Wow. First person from this mysterious new shrine looks real weird. Classy style, though! The mustache really makes the whole visual!"

"But let's get to business! I'm not in the mood to fool around when there's new, creepy people around!"

"I'm Tenshi Hinanawi, and I represent the celestials! You are tainting the soil of Gensokyo with your presence! In the name of the sky, we shall alleviate you from your riches as punishment!"

Despite the aggressive tone, she didn't move before hearing Arlon out. She seemed genuinely curious about hearing what so strange a man was like.

A celestial? Interesting. I am Arlon the Serene. On behalf of the Goddess Viridi and the forces of nature I must humbly apologise for encroaching upon your territory.

We were left with little option, a rip in the very fabric of reality it seems dragged our whole temple to this land. Gensokyo did you say?

We have been through a lot of trouble recently and we do not seek any more, so I must ask you to not attempt to plunder this temple. Besides, we have little in the way of the riches I believe you would be considering to 'alleviate'. Mistress Viridi does not collect jewels or trinkets.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In response, the Spy checked his cigarette case once more.

"This operation is unique in that it doesn't state the end goal. That is, if you received the same contract as I have." He snapped it shut and pocketed again, gesturing slightly to his friend. "If you have, then I suggest to stick with the best plan for it. My instructions were just to hold the perimeter once the train stopped for as long as possible. Our furry friend may be jumpy, but he has the right idea."

Usually he was more discrete about what his work would entail, especially if there was a possibility of another Spy involved in the endeavor, but he was very curious himself about whether the discrepancy was a thing or not.

Wonder what the hell he wants with this train? I thought we'd at least be told something specific to look for. Well, as long as we get paid whatever.

"If the train has any important cargo, however... It'd be good to check, wouldn't it? If we're dealing with explosives, for example, we shouldn't dally inside the train."

Good point.

*He walks towards a door into the rest of the train. He raises his arm.*

I built these things to crack safes. Should be able to force the doors open without causing a mess as long as I set the pressure right.

*He places one of his gauntlets up to door and with a small blast he breaks away the lock, heading further into the train.*

Might as well see what else is here.

As he said so, the vision of the entrance might be apparent enough that they had a plainer view of someone who seemed proud enough to hold the high ground over his opponent. And was apparently trying to smash into him with her Pokémon of choice.

"Is Zinnia fighting? Did she get discovered?"
*Bessie draws to a sudden immediate stop. Noone would find themselves thrown forwards however despite how fast they had been going.*

Glad to see the minimum inertia hyperdrive is working still, or else that could have been an unpleasant result.

*He gets out of the car beckoning the others to follow.*

I can't say I recognise her Detective. It is rather difficult to see from here however. Perhaps it would be best to get a closer look?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thinking about it for a while, IF shifted her gaze to Lonk.

"Hero? That thing which you gave me to drink... It managed to heal me to full health. What was that, exactly?"

That was water of life. I got it from some magic fairies when I saved them from Ganon!

*As he said this, he naturally started flexing.*

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17