Descend - An Escape Adventure

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Re: Descend - An Escape Adventure

Post by Velle on Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:57 am

announcement wrote:"Attention, all guests. Currently. Four. Keys have been retrieved. I repeat: Four. Keys have been retrieved. It currently remain: Three. Keys.
Please continue to enjoy your stay."

A grim look formed on Edgeworth's face as he listened to the announcement.

"... Perhaps we should pick up the pace. Aqua could you -"

Edgeworth stopped short as he saw Aqua's hand glowing with a faint light.

"... could you plug in the mini-bar? I'm going to call Utility and ask them to turn the electricity back on," he said as he walked over to the telephone. "We can move on to the next room as soon as we check the mini-bar for clues after it turns on," he said as he dialed 5-1-2 and held the receiver to his ear.
Velle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggles on Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:08 pm

Monika was quiet for a little bit after the announcement as she collected her throughts. She eventually nods at everything the other group had said.

"Ok, sounds good to me. I'm sure Akechi misses me a lot! Maybe Junko too, in her own way. They sure are an odd bunch! I wonder if they have any friends."

She starts to turn to go, then suddenly stops and turns around.

"Wait. Three final things. First, Aleka, you shouldn't listen to voices in your head. That's a sign of schizophrenia... and you're not crazy, are you? Second, Sir Edgeworth... You're not related to Gregory Edgeworth by any chance, are you?"

"I mean, he was a lawyer too until DL-6- Ah!" She stops herself. "Sorry, that's probably rude to talk about if you are related. My bad. Anyway, third thing!"

"You guys need to start thinking about who we're going to leave behind. Seven keys for nine people? The math doesn't add up... even I know that. Just something to think about. Maybe one of the heroic men can sacrifice themselves. Bye!"

Monika finally leaves the room and heads back into the hallway. She ends up running into her team (blissfully unaware of the conversation they had been having) and her eyes dart to the jacket.

"Oh! You guys found the jacket I ruined! Yeah, sorry about that. Someone had ink bombs in the pockets and, well..." she gestures to her ink stained hand.

Last edited by Giggles on Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Giggles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein on Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:15 pm

Edgeworth: "... Perhaps we should pick up the pace. Aqua could you -"

Edgeworth stopped short as he saw Aqua's hand glowing with a faint light.

Edgeworth: "... could you plug in the mini-bar? I'm going to call Utility and ask them to turn the electricity back on," he said as he walked over to the telephone. "We can move on to the next room as soon as we check the mini-bar for clues after it turns on," he said as he dialed 5-1-2 and held the receiver to his ear.

Aqua did not miss the surprised pause Edgeworth placed upon catching a glimpse of her light. She could guess what the cause was, of course; It was easy to piece together this man must have never seen magic before. Perhaps he came from a world where it wasn't too common? Regardless, Aqua didn't make a habit of hiding her magic from strangers. Explaining that she was a mage was easier. Far easier and less disruptive than explaining other worlds, that is.

"...Sure," she nodded. "I'll put that cable back where it was then..."

Somewhat awkwardly, she grabbed the cable, searching for the plug, and led it into its socket. With a slight "click!" it settled into place.

Meanwhile, Edgeworth's call to the Utility connected.

Monika: "Wait. Three final things. First, Aleka, you shouldn't listen to voices in your head. That's a sign of schizophrenia... and you're not crazy, are you? "

"...? Hm? Schizo...?"

Aleka tilted her head at that slightly.

"That's not quite right... Schizophrenia means a lot more than just hallucinations..." she began counting on her fingers "Like, flat affect, disorderly thought patterns, withdrawal, disorderly sleep-patterns... umm..." she trailed off. "Wait. What am I talking about...?"

The confusion quickly took hold of her attention and Aleka fell silent, lost in thought.

Monika: "You guys need to start thinking about who we're going to leave behind. Seven keys for nine people? The math doesn't add up... even I know that. Just something to think about. Maybe one of the heroic men can sacrifice themselves. Bye!"

"...!"

That last thing she said caught Aqua's attention. Right... 4 plus 3 equals 7. There were seven keys. And the woman by the elevator said that only those with a key could pass through. Did that mean that this 'game' or whatever it was was a race to find the keys...?

No, much more importantly... The way Monika she said this. How nonchalant she was about it. Almost callous...

(I can feel powerful negativity... Something the Darkness just loves to feed off of...)

Quietly, Aqua watched as Monika left. Her eyes slanted. Finally, she turned to Edgeworth, waiting for his call to end. She had something to ask once he was done...

Admin

View user profile http://nenilein.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi on Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:19 am

Velle wrote:"... could you plug in the mini-bar? I'm going to call Utility and ask them to turn the electricity back on," he said as he walked over to the telephone. "We can move on to the next room as soon as we check the mini-bar for clues after it turns on," he said as he dialed 5-1-2 and held the receiver to his ear.

Spidey was busy musing over all the villains he knew of and if this could be anything they'd do when the phone started ringing again. He once again picked it up. "Yyello, Spider-man hotline! I'll be your Spidey for today, how may I help you?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverie on Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:09 am

Nodding sagely, Goro brought the Apple in his hand up to the light and re-examined the script across it out of compulsion. There was little more that could be discerned from what he had decided was likely an elevator key at this stage.

"You're right about that much. We need to figure out these puzzles if we're to have any chance of moving forward."

"Oh, hello again," chimed Akechi as Monika broke into the corridor, holding Junko's arm up slightly instead to better show off the jacket's material, "we'd been hoping to surprise you with our find but..."

"If this was your doing, then I guess that takes all the fun and guesswork out of it!"

"Did you manage to find any clues about the coat before it became damaged? Oh, and thank you for keeping Mr Edgeworth informed."
Reverie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Velle on Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:52 am

"..!"
Edgeworth opened his mouth to ask Monika where she'd learned about Gregory Edgeworth and DL-6, but Monika was already on her way out. Edgeworth's eyes narrowed.

Aleka wrote:"...? Hm? Schizo...? That's not quite right... Schizophrenia means a lot more than just hallucinations... Like, flat affect, disorderly thought patterns, withdrawal, disorderly sleep-patterns... umm... Wait. What am I talking about...?"

"..."
Edgeworth's gaze flickered to Aleka and her sudden display of rather specialized knowledge.

Spider-man wrote:"Yyello, Spider-man hotline! I'll be your Spidey for today, how may I help you?"

"Hello, this is Edgeworth calling from Room 505. We're about finished here, please turn the electricity back on."
Velle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi on Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:01 am

Velle wrote:
"Hello, this is Edgeworth calling from Room 505. We're about finished here, please turn the electricity back on."

"Got it, please hold, and do excuse the lack of hold music..." He flips the switch for Room 505 so the electricity should come back on there.

"Thank you for choosing the Spider-man hotline, my name is Spider-man, please don't forget to leave a customer review, and especially don't forget my name has a hyphen." He paused for a moment. "So, how is Aleka doing?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:07 am

Hitsugi tried her hardest not to laugh at Spider-Man's quips. This could probably be a life or death situation but to be honest, the humor was seriously needed. It helped to clear some of the tension going on, at least...

Shitpost Crusader and Final Fantasy Enthusiast.

FF14: Aether
Mateus, Coeurl
Peachy

View user profile https://kazumijade.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Velle on Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:38 am

As the lights came back on, Edgeworth made eye-contact with Aqua and gestured towards the mini-bar.

Spider-man wrote:"So, how is Aleka doing?"
Edgeworth recalled Aqua mentioning on the phone that Aleka had passed out.

"Aleka's regained consciousness and is doing fine now, thank you. Also, the electricity is back on. Was there anything else you wanted to discuss, Spider-man? If not, I'll be hanging up so my team can move on to the next room."
Velle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi on Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:01 pm

"Straight down to business huh? Well, I'm glad to hear she's doing well. The only other thing I guess is that we managed to find one of those golden apples just now, so I'm assuming that could be why that announcement was made. That leaves us with one so far. We were just about to go check out somewhere else as this room seems about done, although we've got to decide who's going to be on switch duty."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggles on Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:05 pm

Monika nods at Akechi.

"I found a note in the chest pocket with two numbers on it: '8' and '13.' Maybe 0813 is the safe combination?"

"Well, we can try that next time we go back to that room. Where do you guys wanna head next?"
Giggles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha on Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:39 am

"Only one...?" Edgeworth echoed, his brow knit in thought, "We haven't found any such apples. We pulled a screwdriver head out of the electrical socket, but we don't yet know its significance... If you'll be searching the rooms, my team and I have already searched from room 509 moving clockwise, and we'll be continuing down this corridor on the right side of the map. Detective Goro said he and his team would be taking the other side of the hotel and meeting us in the middle..." Edgeworth paused, as if considering something.

"In any case, perhaps you and the rest of your group should investigate the rooms in the middle. I'm not sure which rooms the other team has already checked, perhaps you should ask, if you can find them. It would likely save you time."

With his call done with, Edgeworth hung up and glanced at Aqua, who seemed to be eager to speak with him. He had some questions to ask her as well, so he walked towards the door and closed it, as to give them some privacy.

"Aqua," he called her, "did you see Miss Junko walk by a few moments ago? Did you notice if she was wearing something different from when we first met her?"

"Also, Aleka, do you mind sharing with us the words you heard in your head? They might be important."
Jessica Ilha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi on Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:48 am

Spidey hangs up the phone before turning to Adachi and Mitsugi. "Well, apparently they managed to find a screwdriver head that was hidden in an electrified socket, which is why they needed the electricity off. Edgeworth's team has searched 509 and they're going clockwise. Detective Goro's team are taking the other side and they'll meet in the middle. The cravat man suggested we investigate the rooms in the middle, although he said we should probably talk to Goro's team first to find out exactly what they've searched already. Hmm... what do you guys think then? We still haven't decided who might stay here with the switches of course either yet..."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:31 am

"Hm. Well I could stay with the switches and the phone. What about you, Adachi? Are you okay with that?"

Mateus, Coeurl
Peachy

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverie on Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:02 pm

"I see. It seems like a rather simple solution, but who am I to argue?"

"Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the puzzles were to become more difficult as we proceed, but that's neither here nor there."

Akechi gestured to the room he had just searched, offering little more than a mildly defeated expression.

"This one was empty, as most of them have been so far," he explained to the club president, then pointed at the next door. "Let's try five-ten now."

Again, without waiting for a response, Goro stepped over to the next room along and leaned lightly against the entrance. As he pushed the handle and moved into the living space, it was clear that the bedroom was entirely uninteresting.
Reverie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein on Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:13 pm

Edgeworth: "Aqua. Did you see Miss Junko walk by a few moments ago? Did you notice if she was wearing something different from when we first met her?"

Edgeworth: "Also, Aleka, do you mind sharing with us the words you heard in your head? They might be important."

"Come to think, I might have seen someone pass by when the door was open earlier," Aqua said. "I didn't pay attention to who it was, since we were busy with Aleka collapsing, but it might have been Junko. The girl with the pigtails, right? I think she was wearing a jacket of sorts..."

"Why do you ask? Did you notice something about her?" Aqua sharpened her gaze. "Because personally, I've been more worried about what Monika has been doing... The way she speaks gives me an odd feeling."

Aqua crossed her arms.

"Not that the same isn't true for that other girl, but... You heard what she said to you just a few minutes ago, right? I assume she knows a lot more about you than we know about her." She mumbled. "I think she's trying to make us nervous, so she's definitely scheming something. We need to keep our cool and guard up around her."

"I agree with you though. We also need to figure out what happened to Aleka back there."

"Was it really that odd?" Aleka asked. "I can't really remember much, to be honest. I just felt like I should... um... not stand? It's hard to say..."

Entering Room 510, Akechi and his team will quickly take note of the showerhead blocked up by something shiny, which will require a screwdriver and a wrench to be dismantled...

Admin

View user profile http://nenilein.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggles on Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:40 pm

Monika sighs after looking at the shower head.

"Well, that sucks. You guys have anything that might be able to dismantle that? Like a screwdriver, or a wrench, or even just really strong hands?"

"If not, we might as well head to a different room. We can't really help here."
Giggles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Any1 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:16 am

Junko, who had stayed quiet up until that point, got something out of her pocket when she saw the stuck showerhead.

"Ah, I have something that can help! Half of something, at least." Junko extended her hand and showed the screwdriver handle she'd found earlier to the two highschoolers. "It's gonna be pretty useless without the metal parts, though! I need someone to complete me!"

She glanced at Akechi, and her signature mischievous smirk grew in size. Her raised eyebrows seemed to be expecting something from him in particular.

"Or maybe we could, y'know, just break it o~pen! Forget the puzzles! If only there was someone manly enough to do that around here... Right, Monika-chan?"
Any1
The Ultimate Final Poster
The Ultimate Final Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Triplemathics on Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:59 pm

Adachi seems lost in thought until he hears his name mentioned a couple times. He blinks a few times before replying.

"Huh? Uhh, sure. The middle rooms, got it. I guess we can check with the kid if you think that's for the best and all."

He positioned himself with his back to the newly revealed apple and smiled to Hitsugi.

"It's kind of you to offer to stay behind. Are you sure you're gonna be alright...? Um..."

Gently leaning to the side, he takes the apple.

"...Sorry, what was your name? Hifumi?"

Triplemathics

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggles on Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:01 pm

Monika laughs and gestures to Akechi.

"Yeah, that's who's hands I was thinking of!"

"Come on, Akechi! Can't you just break open a liiiiiitle obstruction? I'll write a poem about you if you do. You know, like Beowulf."
Giggles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Velle on Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:30 am

Aleka wrote:"Was it really that odd? I can't really remember much, to be honest. I just felt like I should... um... not stand? It's hard to say..."

"Hmm... Did you hear the words before you fell asleep, or as you were waking up?"

Edgeworth turned to Aqua.

Aqua wrote:"Come to think, I might have seen someone pass by when the door was open earlier. I didn't pay attention to who it was, since we were busy with Aleka collapsing, but it might have been Junko. The girl with the pigtails, right? I think she was wearing a jacket of sorts...

Why do you ask? Did you notice something about her?"

"What's strange is that Junko would be on this half of the floor in the first place, considering that Detective Goro said they would be taking the other side. If Junko had only been looking for Monika, why did she walk further down the hall, rather than trying to call her attention? And that jacket she had on... Could it be the same one Monika mentioned? Where did she get it? I didn't notice whether or not Junko had it on when she was walking towards the end of this hallway, as well as on the return..." Edgeworth pondered.

"Let's keep an eye out for ink stains, especially on things likely to be touched; door knobs, light switches and such."

Aqua wrote:"Because personally, I've been more worried about what Monika has been doing... The way she speaks gives me an odd feeling.

Not that the same isn't true for that other girl, but... You heard what she said to you just a few minutes ago, right? I assume she knows a lot more about you than we know about her.I think she's trying to make us nervous, so she's definitely scheming something. We need to keep our cool and guard up around her."

I concur – Monika's trying to hide something. The way the ink was smudged on that paper... It looked deliberate, like an attempt to obscure something. What I don't know is whether Junko is in on it, or if she's acting independently of Monika; perhaps she even suspects her as well."

"In any case, I certainly have some questions for them, once we all gather together again. But first, we need to examine the rest of the rooms in this hall."

Edgeworth opens the door and walks up to room 503.
Velle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:13 pm

"Hitsugi. And I'm sure I'll be fine." She smiled back.

Mateus, Coeurl
Peachy

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi on Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:00 pm

"Well, if you're sure then Hitsugi. We'll go and check out the other rooms. Hopefully we should be able to phone you if anything comes up like those other guys did. Who knows, maybe we'll even work out how to get room service here."

As he says this he starts making his way to the door before stopping and turning to Adachi. "Say, why don't you lead the way Detective? Afterall, you're the one with a badge here."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverie on Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:49 pm

"Beowulf? You'll have to forgive me, I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to literature. Is that a foreign work?"

"Moreover," Akechi began, looking away with a hint of a smile, "my talents are more to do with brainwork than heavy lifting."

Regardless, he moved towards the shower head and examined it more closely. There wasn't any way for a person to break the thing apart, excepting perhaps someone with superhuman strength.

"Yes, I doubt there's anything I can do to take this apart, certainly not without hurting myself in the process."

"Sorry to disappoint."
Reverie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggles on Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:25 pm

Monika ignores his question about Beowulf as she sighs and puts a hand on her hip.

"... why don't we go back to the safe, then? I want to try a code or two, and I don't want you guys getting surprised when the safe is open later."

"We're supposed to be a team, right?"

Monika laughs again, patting Akechi on the shoulder sort of... Proudly?

Last edited by Giggles on Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Giggles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next