Descend - An Escape Adventure

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Re: Descend - An Escape Adventure

Post by Nenilein on Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:02 pm

What is it that lies in the rubble of the machine? If the group took a closer look, they'd find that it was... yet another golden apple. 
Apparently there were several of them hidden in this place. 
Be careful not to cut your hands on the plastic and metal pieces of the dryer as you retrieve it!

Admin

View user profile http://nenilein.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Velle on Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:10 pm

Aqua wrote:"What happened?"

"We were just talking when she suddenly passed out without warning. Aqua, could you open the door? If the lights are on in the hallway, they should spill into this room enough to see by."
Velle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:15 pm

"..." Don't comment, don't comment, don't comment, don't comment...

Hitsugi approached the ruined machine and examined the thing. "Another golden apple?" With some caution, she extracted the golden apple from the shrapnel and rubble "Ugh. It really is solid gold. What were they thinking when they made this?"

Shitpost Crusader and Final Fantasy Enthusiast.

FF14: Aether
Mateus, Coeurl
Peachy

View user profile https://kazumijade.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jester on Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:21 pm

His anger taken care of for now, Adachi dismisses his Persona once again, an eyebrow raised as Hitsugi takes out the golden apple.

"Sheesh, talk about tacky. Whoever's responsible for this is certainly dedicated if they're making multiple apples made out of solid gold."
Jester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi on Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:47 pm

Aqua wrote:"Um... Aleka passed out," Aqua tried to tell him as tactfully as possible. "I'm sorry. I'll need to cut the conversation here, I need to check on the others. Thank you for all your help! We'll see you in a bit!"
"Aleka passed out? Aqua?" He realised she'd cut off as she said. He didn't really have much medical training beyond first aid, and had no idea if Hitsugi or Adachi did... not to mention Adachi probably wasn't the best person to send over there after that outburst. He should probably stay here and keep an eye on Adachi after that outburst anyway, Aqua seemed to have a handle on he guessed.

"Golden apples huh? What next, will we have to recite an incantation or something? Geez... where's Doc Strange when you need him..." He went over to look closer at the apple. Going by Hitsugi's reaction, it seemed somewhat heavy.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggles on Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:15 pm

Monika steps out of her room after a decent length absence. She's holding an ink-blotted paper with her left hand, and her right hand is stained with ink.

"Well... This sucks." She says aloud to no one in particular.

With that, Monika walks over to the room that team Edgeworth is currently occupying and knocks on the door.

"Sir Edgeworth? It's Monika! I have a question from A-team! Uh, that's Akechi, Junko, and I..."
Giggles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverie on Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:34 am

Still pressed up against the the solid wooden face of the hotel room door, Akechi, remained half-focused on Monika's movements. There was little else for him to do, but he tried to respond to Junko's rapidfire questioning at his own pace anyway.

"Did you say ESP?" asked Goro, his brow tightening with confusion even if his gaze remained fixated on something beyond the confines of the room. "I wouldn't say it's like that, exactly. You could say I have a gift. All I know is, one day everything changed."

"It makes it easier to do my job, as a detective who protects people. "

Briefly eyeing the rest of the room, Goro continued.

"... While I'm keeping an ear out, can you check the safe again? There must be something more here. If the same code has been used repeatedly, which is likely in a hotel room, there will probably be visible fingerprints on the keys that have been pressed most often."
Reverie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:48 pm

"We were just talking when she suddenly passed out without warning. Aqua, could you open the door? If the lights are on in the hallway, they should spill into this room enough to see by."

Aqua had hurried to Aleka's side and knelled down rather soon. Edgeworth's explanation worried her. However, a quick first-aid check - as a warrior she was good at those - revealed nothing wrong. Normal heartbeat, breath, everything. 

"I don't think she's hurt or sick... Not seizing either. What's going on?"

With a nod at Edgeworth she sighed. 

"Alright, just a second."

She moved to the doorway and did as the man had told her. 

At once, light spilled into the room. The rays of the yellowish lamps out in the hallway hit Aleka's eyelids, which then trembled. The young woman was beginning to wake.

"Um... What...?"

She muttered, sleep-drunk.

"Uh... v-voice..."

In the meanwhile, Aqua saw Monika at the door. Surprised, she let her in.

"Oh, it's you! Um... 'Monika' was your name, right? What brings you here?"

So many people. She really had to try hard to remember everyone's names. Just as Aqua was thinking that, her eyes fell on the girl's fingers.

"And what happened to your hand?"

After retrieving the apple, Hitsugi, Adachi and Spider-Man would realize that there is nothing else to be found in this room. 
However, the breakers might still be relevant. Maybe someone should stay in this room?
It might also be good to decide on who will hold on to the apple...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:06 pm

"What are we gonna do about the breakers? What if someone else calls us to use it?"

Shitpost Crusader and Final Fantasy Enthusiast.

FF14: Aether
Mateus, Coeurl
Peachy

View user profile https://kazumijade.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Any1 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:09 pm

Junko winked at Akechi's orders, slowly getting up from the floor and patting the dust away from her skirt. She hummed once in agreement, but didn't press the issue further. The girl obviously had no desire to take her eyes away from him at the moment; but someone had to check the safe while the detective was busy. So she walked over to the other side of the room and took a look again. She was overwhelmingly bored by what her re-examination uncovered: nothing new.

"Ugh... Why did I even check again? If something as obvious as fingerprints or tracks had been left behind I'd have SO obviously noticed. There's nothing here! Honestly, just because you're a handsome pleasant detective ESPer doesn't mean you can look down on me..."
Any1
The Ultimate Final Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggles on Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:22 pm

Monika waved her hand and sighed.

"I triggered a trap in another room. There was a coat with a bunch of pockets and I just started searching them. Some had ink bombs in them... hopefully this isn't permanent. I did get this, though."

She hands a ink blotted paper over to Aqua. It is just covered in smudges.

"This originally had two numbers on it, '8' and '13,' but I kinda messed it up, sorry. Do the numbers make any sense to you? Cause I can't figure it out... I also came here to tell you guys that the power stayed on in the storage room after the phone call ended. Akechi said it was important, and I'm not gonna question a genuine detective!"

Last edited by Giggles on Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Giggles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverie on Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:54 pm

"No fingerprints..." repeated Akechi under his breath, fiddling with the back of his hair as he thought away. "That's odd, wouldn't you say? Maybe the true culprit wiped down any evidence they didn't want us using to circumvent their game."

Resigned to the fact that the hallway was quiet and would likely remain as such for the forseeable, the young detective rose from where he was squatting down and clasped his hands as he approached Junko once more. It was clear that Akechi seemed unsettled, but not as a result of Junko's machinations this time. Right now, his thoughts were on another high school girl. Meanwhile, the Persona standing guard by the door disappeared altogether and without a sound.

"This may not shock you, but that girl made a detour into five-oh-three on the way to Mr Edgeworth's group. The more surprising aspect is, she stopped to stare at an empty space on one of the walls first. I can't say for sure, but it was almost as if... as if she was communicating with something."

"Of course, that's just a hypothesis but... you get the idea, right? There's something supernatural about her."
Reverie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Any1 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:01 am

"Erasing evidence, huh? Yes, that could be very possible."

Junko gave one last look at the safe and scoffed, turning away from it. She seemed ready to leave to keep investigating, her curiosity renewed. With a hand on the doorknob, she turned towards Akechi again.

"Room 503, right? We should head there right now. She might have left something behind that proves she's supicious. For all we know, she already has the safe combination, and is waiting for the perfect time to go for it. Isn't that right?"

With a silly curtsy Junko opened the door, and gently took Goro outside. Her grin had grown wide at the mention of the supernatural, but she hadn't said anything until they were already outside:

"Aah, maybe I underestimated Akechi a little too much too! Yes, that's right. Miss Monika, not unlike you, has something unnatural to hide! Something so special, something so outrageous even I can't wrap my head around it. Maybe we should reconsider taking that thingy down with us to the next floor..."

With that nonchalant comment, Junko headed towards Room 503, and made her way inside. If Akechi didn't stop her, she'd keep looking until she found anything.
Any1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha on Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:56 am

"Aleka! Are you alright? You passed out on us. How are you feeling?"

"Ah, thank you Miss Monika. Where are  Detective Goro and Miss Junko now?"

"May I see that, Aqua?"
Jessica Ilha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverie on Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:49 am

"We can head there now, that's fine, but let's be quick about it if we can. It won't be suspicious for us to continue searching the rooms like we said we would, but maybe it would be a good idea for us to split up so we aren't seen to deviate from our route. I'll come find you once I've swept the rest of the rooms."

Akechi followed Junko out of the current room, then made his way into #517.

Before long, the boy came back out again with a puzzled look on his face. The expression seemed to be on the brink of permanence, but Goro shook it off before long.
Reverie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggles on Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:08 pm

"Those two are in room 515, I think. Anyway, they probably moved on without me. I wouldn't blame them. I'm actually kind of bad with directions... Heck, I thought you guys were in room 503, so I ended up going there first!"

Monika leans over to look at Aleka.

"Wait, did you say she passed out?"
Giggles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein on Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:42 pm

Edgeworth: "Aleka! Are you alright? You passed out on us. How are you feeling?"

Aleka was beginning to come back to again. She blinked a little bit, before Edgeworth's face finally came in focus for her. Shaking her head, she sat back up.

"That was... weird...huh..." she said. "I thought I heard a voice just now..."

She looked at Edgeworth then.

"I am okay though. Why do you look so shocked, Mr. Edgeworth? Did something bad happen?"

Monika:"I triggered a trap in another room. There was a coat with a bunch of pockets and I just started searching them. Some had ink bombs in them... hopefully this isn't permanent. I did get this, though."

She hands a ink blotted paper over to Aqua. It is just covered in smudges.

Monika:"This originally had two numbers on it, '8' and '13,' but I kinda messed it up, sorry. Do the numbers make any sense to you? Cause I can't figure it out... I also came here to tell you guys that the power stayed on in the storage room after the phone call ended. Akechi said it was important, and I'm not gonna question a genuine detective!"

"Huh..."

Aqua took a closer look at the paper Monika showed her. 

"Numbers...? Seems like a clue for something, but for what? Is there anything around here that you'd need numbers for?"

She looks at Monika's hand again.

"I can guess what the Ink-Bombs were for though. They were probably only in the pockets that didn't have the slip of paper in them, right? ...Somebody probably wanted to make sure that everyone could tell in case somebody failed to guess the correct pocket on first try. So that means, this note was meant to be found as part of a puzzle. Like the thing in the wall here. Hm..."

Edgeworth: "Ah, thank you Miss Monika. Where are  Detective Goro and Miss Junko now?"

Edgeworth: "May I see that, Aqua?"

"Ah, of course."

She hands the smudged piece of paper over to the man, before looking to  Monika again.

Aleka, meanwhile, has followed the other two into the doorway. She seems up and about again. 

Monika:  "Those two are in room 515, I think. Anyway, they probably moved on without me. I wouldn't blame them. I'm actually kind of bad with directions... Heck, I thought you guys were in room 503, so I ended up going there first!"

Monika: "Wait, did you say she passed out?"

"Yes, briefly before we had the others turn the electricity in this room off. She just collapsed." Aqua nodded.

"...Though, you seem to be doing better now, Aleka."

"...?"

Confused, Aleka tilted her head a little.

"What? Was I doing badly? I'm sorry if I worried you. I think I just fell asleep. I thought I heard a voice, too..."

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Any1 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:05 pm

Junko also didn't take long before exiting from her respective room. She walked towards near the elevator when she saw Akechi get out from Room 517. With a wave, she made her way to him, an amused smile visible on her face. From the first glance on, it'd be obvious to say that she had found something in the room she was in.

"Yahoo~"
Any1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Velle on Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:14 pm

Aleka wrote:"That was... weird...huh..." she said. "I thought I heard a voice just now...
I am okay though. Why do you look so shocked, Mr. Edgeworth? Did something bad happen?"

"Well... you suddenly passed out. It gave me quite a shock. That's normally a sign something bad has happened. But you do seem to be fine... which is certainly a good thing."

Monika wrote:"Those two are in room 515, I think. Anyway, they probably moved on without me. I wouldn't blame them. I'm actually kind of bad with directions... Heck, I thought you guys were in room 503, so I ended up going there first!"

"Is that so?" Edgeworth said, turning in Monika's direction, though not quite making eye contact. His brow furrowed slightly. His gaze flickered back to Aqua as she explained her theory about the ink bombs.

Aqua wrote:"I can guess what the Ink-Bombs were for though. They were probably only in the pockets that didn't have the slip of paper in them, right? ...Somebody probably wanted to make sure that everyone could tell in case somebody failed to guess the correct pocket on first try. So that means, this note was meant to be found as part of a puzzle. Like the thing in the wall here. Hm..."

"Not a bad theory, Miss Aqua. Which reminds me, we should pull that thing out, now that the electricity's off. Would you mind?" He asked, as Aqua handed him the piece of paper.

Edgeworth examined the piece of paper, turning it over in his hands. It was heavily stained with blue ink, which looked like it had been smudged across the paper with someone's fingers. The only writing visible on it was the "8, 13" in the middle of the paper.

"Hmm... Well, these two numbers together could be coordinates. If I were to try to think of their significance individually... there are 8 of us in this hotel who are not from here. The room number 13 on this floor is skipped. The number 8 is considered lucky in East Asian cultures. The number 13 is considered unlucky in Western cultures. However, these are just possibilities - without any evidence, I can't say for certain that's what these numbers mean. We need to gather more information." Edgeworth handed Monika back the note.

"Perhaps you should return to your teammates, they may be wondering where you are. And send them my thanks for their help with investigating the telephones."

Aleka wrote:"What? Was I doing badly? I'm sorry if I worried you. I think I just fell asleep. I thought I heard a voice, too..."

That gave Edgeworth pause. Something Aleka had said... she'd said it twice now.

"You heard a voice? ...hmm. Do you know what it said?"
Velle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein on Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:12 am

Edgeworth's guesses were, of course, well-informed. He could not have known that there was, in fact, another part to the puzzle, one that had already been found and removed from its original location. With things in such disarray, would our friends ever figure out the secrets of this floor? So far, quite a lot of progress had been made. 

Akechi Goro held Aleka's apple. 
The boxes in the Storage Room were opened by Akechi Goro.
The apple in the dryer in the Utility was picked up by Tohru Adachi.
Junko Enoshima was currently wearing a coat.
The safe in room 517 remained unopened.
Likewise for Edgeworth's briefcase.
And who knew if there wasn't another mystery still left in the rooms they hadn't yet examined?

From somewhere above the heads of our heroes, an announcement, spoken in the same voice as the warm woman's voice that would deliver error messages on the internal phone line, rung out:

"Attention, all guests. Currently. Four. Keys have been retrieved. I repeat: Four. Keys have been retrieved. It currently remain: Three. Keys.
Please continue to enjoy your stay."

Edgeworth: "Not a bad theory, Miss Aqua. Which reminds me, we should pull that thing out, now that the electricity's off. Would you mind?"

"Right, I'm on it."

Now that the electricity in the room was off, pulling the handle-less screwdriver out of the wall was quite simple. All it needed her was to use a slight spell to light the general area behind the mini-bar and then a pull and a yank. *bam!* Out of the wall, into her hand. As expected, still no handle. So much for that mystery. 

Edgeworth"You heard a voice? ...hmm. Do you know what it said?"

"Hm... I'm not sure. Come to think, I'm not even sure it was a voice. Just, words... somewhere... In my head? No, not quite..."

Aleka continued to try and remember, when suddenly, she heard the announcement. 

"Oh!"

It sounded important, so decided to not talk over it. 

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverie on Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:48 pm

"..."

Leaning against the wall with his arms crossed tightly, Goro seemed more or less unsurprised by evidence of Junko's shenangians. He looked her over, inspecting the jacket quickly, but it seemed perfectly ordinary from where he was stood, given the distance between him and his partner.

"I see you've found something entertaining, no?" Akechi asked with a bright smile, eager to exchange their discoveries. "There was some kind of indent in one of the pillows in that room, but I don't recall anyone having woken up in there..."

"... Clear signs of tampering with evidence."

"Go on, then. What's so special about that coat of yours?"
Reverie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Any1 on Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:57 pm

Junko raised an eyebrow at Akechi's reaction at seeing her. She hadn't seen something as forced since the last time her sister disguised herself as her. Her surprise didn't overshadow the fact that the jacket she was wearing was hideous, however, and so she took it off in a hurry when the detective asked about it. She brought it closer to his face so he can see what he was missing.

"Ignoring the fact that such old fashioned awful clothing seems amiss in a hotel like this, take a look at this pocket right here!"

Junko pointed at the black stain that was visible from closer at the bottom of the jacket. As she did this, she used her free hand to hand Akechi something small in size: a bunch of ink bombs.

"Be careful with those, they're pretty fragile! I was able to get them all out. There were a bunch of 'em in each and every pocket of the jacket... Except for two. This one right here," she gestured towards the stained patch, "and this one!"

Junko pointed at the small chest pocket on the right side of the cloth. There was absolutely nothing out of the ordinary about it, which was probably the point.

"Before you ask... No, it was completely empty! Monika must've been lookin' for something and accidentally triggered a trap. But what's the point of a trap if you're gonna be able to take the prize anyway...? How puzzling..."

Before she could inquire Akechi further about his findings, the intriguing announcement echoed through the hallway. Junko's gaze fell from the speakers all around them to Akechi's face. Her cheeky smile almost demanded more answers from him.

"Ohohohoh, what's that mean? Y'think people might have gotten ahead of us already, Boss? This is so despair-inducingly exciting~!"
Any1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverie on Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:31 am

Akechi shrugged, his arms still bundled together. He ignored the voice that had announced their progress entirely, being so focused on his current train of thought.

"If we're being completely honest with one another, I can't say I'm entirely up to date on the world of fashion. But maybe that's apparent enough already."

He took the jacket carefully in his arms, examining the pockets for himself, only to discover that it was exactly as Junko had stated. There wasn't much else to be discovered, except for a couple of things.

"The thing that's bothering me," began Akechi, turning over the ink bombs with a careful hand, "is the deception that this girl has tried to employ."

"I have to say, my pride is kind of hurt. What kind of person would have such confidence in themselves that they would lie to a detective without a moment's hesitation?"

"Do you remember the files we procured earlier? Perhaps they were not the only items in this hotel that existed to shed light on our companions."

"Her actions have been unlike those of our other teammates and I think I know why. That girl is trying to destroy evidence, which is why two separate rooms have been altered. And I'm certain she'll make up a logical reason for having triggered an ink bomb, so it will be hard to show her real colours."

"She suspects that there might be something incriminating out there, something that would turn us all against her. Or perhaps she already came across something like that and became determined to raid the rest of the floor covertly, just in case there were other such items lying around. In the meantime, I expect she wants to ensure that she will move down to the next floor, then the next, and so on until we are all trapped here and she can return to whence she came."

"There's something more to it, something involving what she was doing earlier with that wall. But I don't know what just yet. And I doubt we'll find any proof of her misdeeds unless she's left something on her person, which is unlikely - but the two of us will know the truth regardless."
Reverie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi on Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:05 pm

Peachy wrote:

"What are we gonna do about the breakers? What if someone else calls us to use it?"

"Well, I guess one of us will have to stay here then at least to use these breakers if we need them again. As for who though, I have no idea, I mean I guess I wouldn't mind..."

Nenilein wrote:
From somewhere above the heads of our heroes, an announcement, spoken in the same voice as the warm woman's voice that would deliver error messages on the internal phone line, rung out:

"Attention, all guests. Currently. Four. Keys have been retrieved. I repeat: Four. Keys have been retrieved. It currently remain: Three. Keys.
Please continue to enjoy your stay."

"Huh. Well... I guess that means these apples are the keys we're looking for right? Imagine trying to bunch seven of those on a keyring..." Spidey paused for a moment in thought.

"I wonder who's behind all this. I've dealt with plenty of  egomaniacs but... I can't say I think most them would do something like this. It's too much of a random selection for Goblin, he always prefers the personal approach. Doc Ock would've had to say it was him by now whilst talking about how brilliant he is, and again I dunno why he'd select a random group like this. Venom... haha.... yeah not his style. Mysterio? Eh... he'd have never passed the chance to do his hammy acting over the broadcasts. This is like Arcade with Murderworld but... he was never one for subtlety. Nope... this doesn't feel like the work of someone I know. What about you guys?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Any1 on Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:35 am

Junko nodded along Akechi's explanation, looking at him with feigned interest. Of course, she was already aware of Monika's dark and mysterious nature. Not the only person she had to worry about now that she found out about Akechi's powers, either. Clearing her throat, she attempted to have an edge on the one sided conversation.

"Obviously she has something to hide... There's something seriously wrong with her. I was surprised it took you this long to notice, Akechi. But focusing on her too much would do you no good! Is that perhaps a crush I'm spying?"

"It may be true that she took Room 503's hint and obscured it with ink, as you witnessed. Moreover, she has been observed running around the floor fervently looking for something. However, we can't discard the possibility of someone else tampering with the evidence you found in there," she pointed towards Room 517, "or anywhere else for that matter. Don't ever forget that there might be more enemies around, willing to leave us behind for their own benefit..."

"I wouldn't worry about her that much for now~! ☆ We still need to solve the safe puzzle, after all!" With that she ran closer to Akechi, bringing her lips close to his ear, in order to whisper something to him: "Besides, we still have that thingy to use as leverage, yes? I bet you 10¥ that's exactly what's she's looking oh so desperately for. We'll totally be okay!"
Any1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next