Case Files Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Descend - An Escape Adventure

+10
Jester
Reverie
Nenilein
ScarletShadow
Shuda51
Aliucon
Velle
Peachy
DimitriBarronmore
Jessica Ilha
14 posters

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 Empty Re: Descend - An Escape Adventure

Post by Velle Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:49 pm

Aqua wrote:"... Sir Edgeworth? What number should I call? It almost seems like... two different ones would fit the spot."

Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 Miles-70
"5-1-2," Edgeworth replied, "I tried dialing 513 earlier, it didn't work. I'd speculate that specific room number was skipped out of superstition surrounding the number 13, but I can't say for sure."
Velle
Velle

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggles Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:12 pm

Monika follows Akechi closely, running her eyes over his... Uh, back. Almost like she's looking for something. She's about to say something about the rooms when he stops.

Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 Mon2no10
"Huh. I hear that too. It's probably just one of the other groups being rowdy. None of our buisness. We should stick to investigating the rooms. Maybe we'll find something important, like an additional rules list!"

Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 Monika13
"Or maybe something pointing to one of the other people stuck here being the mastermind! They could be walking among us and we wouldn't even know it!"
Giggles
Giggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Any1 Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:29 am

Junko seemed to consider answering Akechi about their captor's motivations, but a small doubt and the noise coming from not too far away kept her mouth shut. She definitely seemed like the type who knew about doing senseless things for amusement, in any case. She looked back at Akechi, her curious mind still churning, and then gave a look at Monika when she spoke. A giggle escaped her lips.

Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 Junko217

"Jesus, girl, can you sound any more suspicious? If I didn't know you I'd have to think whether that's a doble or a triple bluff! I kinda wanna check it out, now! Doesn't that sound like Utility?"

Junko glanced at Akechi yet again and giggled, to herself this time. It was apparent that she'd thought of something she found funny. She turned towards him and rolled her eyes.

Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 Junko211

"Then again... I'm not supposed to call the shots here, am I? What kind of sidekick would I be if I did that?"

Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 Junko213

"Akechi... Should we go check out that noise, or should we leave it to the others?"

>YES
>NO
Any1
Any1
The Ultimate Final Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverie Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:54 am

> No

The hairs on the back of Akechi's neck remained taut. His hand went to massage it as he deliberated over the issue. If something was amiss, it would make sense for the three of them to check in on the situation in the other room. However, no one person should have been capable of overpowering two teammates. What was more, there was little that could be done if that were the case. For the sake of self-preservation, Goro elected to trust in his fellow players.

Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 B009_066

"At the moment, time is of the essence. We have not seen the truth of this game yet, but we cannot keep checking in on our friends like this."

Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 B009_067

"I know it sounds awful, but our best option is to trust in the system we've devised," remarked Akechi, who looked as though the decision had weighed on his conscience somewhat. "On the off chance that something really is wrong, I don't think we should jeopardise two teams, let alone a group that has what I assume is zero combat experience."

Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 B009_066

"Not yet, anyway. Let's make our way to Room 511 and call Mr Edgeworth again. And make sure you both keep an ear out for now."
Reverie
Reverie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jester Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:02 pm

Regiwi wrote:
Triplemathics wrote:
Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 Q_maga10
"......."

The creature seems hostile, but doesn't attack yet. There's no telling what might happen if Adachi continues his tantrum, though. Some crackles of red lightning are showing as Adachi clasps his head in rage and frustration.

Yeah... there's definitely something wrong here Spidey thought to himself. The creature wasn't moving, and is clearly connected to Adachi, who seems to not be doing too great. His spider-sense was giving him a steady feeling that they aren't about to be attacked, but it might attack at any moment. He considered his situation, shelving the idea of telling Adachi that his Monster's currently showing.
Peachy wrote:
Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 UgQKZRg

"Hey... are you okay?" With that thing looming overhead, it's kind of difficult to judge where this could end.

Spidey realised that Hitsugi also noticed he wasn't attacking yet. He had no idea of what Hitsugi can do, she seemed to know a defensive stance, but as to how strong she was he had no clue. He therefore put himself in a position where he could pull her out the way if there was a sudden attack. "Hey er, Detective Adachi, you hearing us?"

Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 Icon1510

"...?!"
Adachi finally snaps out of his temper tantrum in order to notice what was going on, and the giant creature in front of him. He doesn't seem scared of it, rather... more surprised upon seeing it, like an old friend that you haven't seen in a long time.

"Magatsu-Izanagi? What the hell are you doing here?"

This wasn't the TV world, as far as he could tell, so how could he have appeared so easily? He quickly dismissed the Persona, before turning to face the other two.

Great, now he was going to have to do some damage control on this.

Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 Icon3011

"...I can explain, really."
Jester
Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:27 pm

Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 9rdtkg10

"Superstition? ...Right. '13' is the number of Darkness. Makes sense," Aqua says to herself, before nodding. "Alright, I'm gonna try calling."

She takes off the receiver and starts dialing the number as she watched Edgeworth do before.

Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 112

"..."

The earlier pain apparently already forgotten, Aleka watches fascinated as Aqua inputs the number into the phone - somewhat clumsily, if one might add - and waited for it to connect...

Just then, a red light bulb illuminated the Utility, pointing towards the room's phone, which began to ring
Nenilein
Nenilein
Admin

http://nenilein.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:59 pm

Jester wrote:"...I can explain, really."

Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 02UZ2JY

Oh, good. He came to his senses. This is good progress. "An explanation would help, yeah."

Nenilein wrote:
Just then, a red light bulb illuminated the Utility, pointing towards the room's phone, which began to ring

How convenient.

Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 7AJ2Y2u

"Hey Spider-Man, can you take the phone?"

Peachy
Peachy

https://kazumijade.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jester Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:16 pm

Peachy wrote:
Jester wrote:"...I can explain, really."

Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 02UZ2JY

Oh, good. He came to his senses. This is good progress. "An explanation would help, yeah."

Adachi was quiet for a few moments, not because he didn't want to tell them... but rather because he was trying to find the right words to explain just what it was that they saw.

Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 12001312

"That was my Persona. It's a cool giant being that comes out of me and fights monsters and stuff! It isn't supposed to show up in the real world though..."
Jester
Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:22 pm

As Monika, Junko and Goro examine the rooms counter-clockwise, the first room they would find anything of note in would be Room #521, the first room where the safe for personal belongings seemed to be engaged.
Nenilein
Nenilein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:35 pm

Peachy wrote:Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 7AJ2Y2u

"Hey Spider-Man, can you take the phone?"

Spidey didn't really expect a phone to suddenly ring, and whilst all this was happening. Thinking about it, it could be someone in one of the other rooms maybe trying to tell them something. Also it might be someone else they hadn't met yet. "Yeah, I guess someone should..." he said grabbing it.
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:11 pm

Jester wrote:"That was my Persona. It's a cool giant being that comes out of me and fights monsters and stuff! It isn't supposed to show up in the real world though..."

Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 NjZbErm

"It's not supposed to show up in the real world..?" This made her think. "Where is it supposed to show up, then?"
Peachy
Peachy

https://kazumijade.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jester Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:17 pm

Peachy wrote:
Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 NjZbErm

"It's not supposed to show up in the real world..?" This made her think. "Where is it supposed to show up, then?"

Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 12001313

"It's supposed to show up in this other world, and... honestly, this is a long story and there's a lot of information to get into... Perhaps this is something I can explain later."

Nice way to avoid talking about the subject in detail, Adachi.
Jester
Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:23 pm

Aqua had never used a telephone before, but she was still savvy enough to realize all these weird bleeps were probably signaling her to wait. Finally, she heard the bleeping stop, and something akin to static playing.

Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 4vnzcb10

"Umm... This is me, Aqua." She tried saying. "Can anybody hear me on the other side of this?"
Nenilein
Nenilein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:37 pm

Nenilein wrote:Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 4vnzcb10

"Umm... This is me, Aqua." She tried saying. "Can anybody hear me on the other side of this?"

He recognised the voice, so it wasn't some secret caller this time at any rate. Granted he'd not exactly heard her voice often. "Ah, hi Aqua, this is the Spider-man call in hour. How can I help you?"
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:30 pm

Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 7raimj10

"Ah! So it really works. That's great!"

Aqua sounded quite happy with this development.

"It's good to hear your voice. You were... The man in the mask, right? Spider-Man. Is everything alright over with your group?"

"I'm calling from one of the guest rooms right now. It looks like we can use these to keep in contact across rooms... Anyway, we have a problem with an electric device over here. There's something stuck in the wall, but we can't get it out as long as the electricity in this room is working. Sir Edgeworth said there might be something in your room to help with that, an electrical control station of sorts. Would you mind checking?"
Nenilein
Nenilein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Regiwi Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:11 am

Nenilein wrote:Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 7raimj10

"Ah! So it really works. That's great!"

Aqua sounded quite happy with this development.

"It's good to hear your voice. You were... The man in the mask, right? Spider-Man. Is everything alright over with your group?"

"That's right, no autographs right now I'm afraid though. Er... yeah we're doing fine here though." He lied, still it seemed things were calming down so, no point in riling Adachi up possibly by talking about him Spidey figured.  

"I'm calling from one of the guest rooms right now. It looks like we can use these to keep in contact across rooms... Anyway, we have a problem with an electric device over here. There's something stuck in the wall, but we can't get it out as long as the electricity in this room is working. Sir Edgeworth said there might be something in your room to help with that, an electrical control station of sorts. Would you mind checking?"

"Ah sure, give me a sec... I'll see what we can do." He looks around, with the red light now giving more of an overview of the place, he manages to find what looks like the lightswitch and presses it. "I'll get us more light first, then we can try and work out if there's a way to control the power here." He said, loud enough to let the other two hear.

His spider-sense seemed to have calmed down with regards to Adachi's situation at least now...
Regiwi
Regiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:26 am

Spide-Man seems nervous for some reason, but given their overall situation, who wouldn't be? No use dwelling on that.

"Good, then..."

Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 7y5gw910

"You didn't have the lights on already?" Aqua asks surprised.

"Anyway... Can you see anything that looks like what we need?"
Nenilein
Nenilein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Ilha Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:05 am

While Aqua did her phone call, Edgeworth approached Aleka.

Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 Miles-33
"Are you feeling better? You should take more caution before acting. Though it pains me to say I'm used to being around people who act before thinking."

Realising he wouldn't earn any points with Aleka if he continued to scold her, Edgeworth tried changing topics.

"So, how has this place been for the past few days? When we first met, you seemed surprised to see us."

Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 Miles-49
"... Have you been alone all this time?"
Jessica Ilha
Jessica Ilha

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:40 am

While Aqua did her phone call, Edgeworth approached Aleka.

"Are you feeling better? You should take more caution before acting. Though it pains me to say I'm used to being around people who act before thinking."

Quiet and shameful, Aleka pulls her shoulders up to her ears. She pouts a little.

"But... You said you needed it..."

She didn't seem to comprehend what had happened or why. She didn't even seem entirely sure what that pain before was about.

"I'm sorry... Did I do something wrong?"

"So, how has this place been for the past few days? When we first met, you seemed surprised to see us."

"... Have you been alone all this time?"
Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 313

"..."

She was quiet. It didn't seem as if she could easily understand what was asked of her. After a while, she nodded her head a little.

"I didn't know... There were other people." She said. "Wait, well.. I did know. But I didn't think about it... Not until now, I don't think."

She was really wrecking her brain here, trying to come up with answers.

"If I understand what you're saying... Then there's places outside of here? And you come from there? Hmmm..."

Quietly, she brushes her hair with her hand. 

"That's so weird... Trying to imagine a place different from here. This place has always been the same, as long as I can think. That is... You could use the Elevator by yourself before. And there were these 'stair' things... But I dunno why they disappeared. Isn't that normal? Hmm..."

Aleka turned to look at Edgeworth. 

"Mr? You... you were Mr. Edgeworth, right?" Aleka's eyes were intent. "The way you talk and put everything together, and try to make sense of it all sounds so smart! You must be doing this a lot... Do you work in law-enforcement?"

There, for just a second, something was different. Just for a moment, Aleka's voice, which had always seemed so childlike and thin up to this point, sounded a tad more firm, a little more mature. More befitting of the age the young woman appeared to be. 
Nenilein
Nenilein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Velle Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:20 am

"Yes, I do work in law enforcement," Edgeworth replies, "I'm a prosecutor – I uncover the truth surrounding a crime, to make sure that if someone has broken the law, they will face justice accordingly. The work does involve a lot of putting things together..."
"...Not unlike what you're doing right now, actually." Edgeworth paused, then continued, "I'm impressed... that was an astute observation, Aleka, and the conclusion you drew from it was quite logical."

The contrast of it with her behavior just moments ago was not lost on Edgeworth.

"I see you're no stranger to what law enforcement is," Edgeworth observes, his tone conversational, "Tell me, where did you learn about it?"
Velle
Velle

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:30 pm

Edgeworth wrote:Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 Miles-49
"Yes, I do work in law enforcement," Edgeworth replies, "I'm a prosecutor – I uncover the truth surrounding a crime, to make sure that if someone has broken the law, they will face justice accordingly. The work does involve a lot of putting things together..."
"...Not unlike what you're doing right now, actually." Edgeworth paused, then continued, "I'm impressed... that was an astute observation, Aleka, and the conclusion you drew from it was quite logical."

The contrast of it with her behavior just moments ago was not lost on Edgeworth.

"I see you're no stranger to what law enforcement is," Edgeworth observes, his tone conversational, "Tell me, where did you learn about it?"

"..."

Aleka fell silent. She starred at the man before her for a short while, before lowering her head a little. For some reason, she seemed frightened.

"Did I say something I wasn't supposed to say?" she asked. "I... I don't really know. It just felt right. To say that you must be someone like that..."

She raised her chin again, trying to look Edgeworth in the eyes, but not quite managing.

"A 'Prosecutor', huh? ...That's kind of scary."

Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 313

"Basically, it means that you... start fights, right?" 

She shivered a little.
"I couldn't do that. I wouldn't know who to stick with... or who to sort it out again."

"I... don't like it when people are fighting."
Nenilein
Nenilein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggles Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:44 am

Monika looks at the safe for a few moments, then starts fiddling with it.

Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 Mon1410

"That's weird. None of the other safes were locked... you guys think that we'll find the combination for this somewhere, or are we just supposed to guess?"

She puts in the code "1234" and tries to open the safe.

Last edited by Giggles on Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Giggles
Giggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverie Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:28 pm

Arriving at the room with the safe, Goro inspected the safe's face carefully before moving around the room to search for clues. As he bumbled about the room, shifting pieces of furniture and briefly heading into the bathroom, Akechi appeared quite disheartened.

"Not a thing out of place," he reported back, sitting himself down on the bed with a loud thump. "If this truly is a game, however, there'll be a solution hidden somewhere."
Reverie
Reverie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenilein Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:38 pm

Upon entering the code, Monika would hear an unpleasant bleep, signaling that her input had been denied.
How troublesome... Maybe there was something containing the code in another room? Something like a riddle, perhaps...?
Nenilein
Nenilein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Any1 Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:55 am

Junko followed her teammates into the room, looking around in a casual manner but with no real signs of cooperation. She seemed content by watching them work, although it seemed she was also thinking of ideas on her own, judging by her face.

Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 Junko217

"Obviously this safe's combination's gotta be a puzzle. And if the answer isn't in this room then it's gotta be somewhere else!"

Junko walked to the phone on the bedside table and picked it up. Before she marked any numbers, though, she turned to the nearby Akechi sitting on the bed and winked at him.

Descend - An Escape Adventure - Page 7 Junko220

"There's people in the Utility Room right now, yes? D'you want me to call 'em and ask them about any funny numbers? Or do you wanna think about any symbols we might've missed? Or... Hmm."

Before her assertiveness could be interpreted as a sign of taking the lead Junko fell silent. It'd be pretty hard to tell if her actions are of genuine respect towards the professional in the room or not.
Any1
Any1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next